Forums/Armchair-GM

Isles gave hell of a fight

Créé par: ALjet12
Équipe: 2020-21 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 17 sept. 2020
Publié: 17 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Isles proved that they can hang in with the best. Going in to the playoffs I did not think they would make it past the first round but with their young and experienced players they showed people they had alot more to give then what they were perversely perceived as. These experinece with surely help moving foward. Some of there long term contracts still look bad but they sould they can contend in the playoffs for the short term.
Farewell Griess you have been one heck of a goalie. You are one of the most loyal islanders . Your game 7 win will live in the islander history.
PS. Dobson better make it in the lineup out of camp he was one of the best defensemen in Game 6. Please get Mayfield off the penalty kill. Fire Jim Hill. God do we need an elite sniper
See you in a few months isles
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2881 500 000 $76 844 167 $0 $537 500 $4 655 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 6
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 4
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 sept. 2020 à 23 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,725
Quoting: Isles777
Don’t think trotz is that guy lol

laine and trotz would be at eachothers throats lul
17 sept. 2020 à 23 h 58
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,308
Quoting: bunzy1034
Yea he would, and also a coach who would know how to use him properly.

Yeah I don't think Maurice is ever winning a cup, I just don't buy into the systems he runs and his lineup decisions are self sabotaging, I know all fan bases **** about the choices the coach makes sometimes but with Maurice it's just literally the same thing over and over and over with the same results.

I know they don't have a defense core to win a cup with but I do think that a different coach could get more out of this group.
bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 0 h 1
Cold spaghetti
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Yeah I don't think Maurice is ever winning a cup, I just don't buy into the systems he runs and his lineup decisions are self sabotaging, I know all fan bases **** about the choices the coach makes sometimes but with Maurice it's just literally the same thing over and over and over with the same results.

I know they don't have a defense core to win a cup with but I do think that a different coach could get more out of this group.

Well yeah, defence gets arguably worse (I say arguably because Mr Tuba and Myers were overrated) and then he goes “hey I got a great idea! Let’s play a boring lazy defensive system when we hardly have any good defensive players instead of playing fast paced possession hockey!” He literally tells the players to do the opposite of what they should be doing. Although since we finished middle of the pack In terms of GA (literally all thanks to Helle) he will now run the same systems again, and again, and again. I can’t wait to see a change.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 0 h 26
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Well yeah, defence gets arguably worse (I say arguably because Mr Tuba and Myers were overrated) and then he goes “hey I got a great idea! Let’s play a boring lazy defensive system when we hardly have any good defensive players instead of playing fast paced possession hockey!” He literally tells the players to do the opposite of what they should be doing. Although since we finished middle of the pack In terms of GA (literally all thanks to Helle) he will now run the same systems again, and again, and again. I can’t wait to see a change.

If I were WPG GM, I would trade vesalainen and a 1st for danault and extend him. Trade ehlers/Connor for pulock and re-sign demelo.

Fire PM and hire gallant. Cup contenders
bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 0 h 41
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,308

The sacrificing offense cause they were so worried about the dmen was pretty dumb, like really that D core wasn't good but it got by, had they turned up the offense a bit it would of been less of a concern.

I could write a novel about everything that was wrong with their systems/strategies but I don't feel like it.. Lol
bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 2 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
The narrative that trotz is the reason why the islanders are good is BS. Sure he’s a good coach, but he makes self defeating moves and never ices his best lineup. The coaching isolates also have him having an average impact on the team. If anything the goalie coach Mitch korn deserves more credit

Speaking of pageau, he had the best defensive metrics on the team during this run and literally carried brassard and komarov offensively. He provided 1C value, with trotz electing to roll 4 lines, it made sense for the isles to sign pageau to that contract. Team context matters.

What trotz (or any of the isles coaches) has been able to get out of that lineup is impressive. Metrics aside, the coaching staff took a team that wouldn’t have even made the playoffs if this were a normal year, to 2 wins away from the SCF. Not to mention out coaching Sullivan last year in 2019 vs pit. He has been great for them.

JPG had a great playoff run sure, but his regular season metrics have been average at best. Will he continue his success this season; or will he regress to being a below average 3C like he’s been in the past? Maybe the isles system will help him succeed, but I’d still be very hesitant to pay him that big money, especially with a cap crunch incoming
18 sept. 2020 à 2 h 14
Isles7
Quoting: mhockey91
What trotz (or any of the isles coaches) has been able to get out of that lineup is impressive. Metrics aside, the coaching staff took a team that wouldn’t have even made the playoffs if this were a normal year, to 2 wins away from the SCF. Not to mention out coaching Sullivan last year in 2019 vs pit. He has been great for them.

JPG had a great playoff run sure, but his regular season metrics have been average at best. Will he continue his success this season; or will he regress to being a below average 3C like he’s been in the past? Maybe the isles system will help him succeed, but I’d still be very hesitant to pay him that big money, especially with a cap crunch incoming

No doubt Trotz is a very good coach, but they would have made the playoffs with another coach such as gallant or DJ smith. I don't think those coaches would stubbornly play a bottom 5 defenseman in the league (boychuk) instead of dobson who proved he was NHL ready back in October. I don't think some fans realize how much one awful player can negatively impact a team- giving boychuk more minutes after pelechs injury in January singlehandedly put the isles season on life support. That's on trotz. Fans who don't follow the isles closely just assume that he carries a bunch of fringe NHLers to the playoffs, when that isn't the case.

Most of his career pageau has been a borderline 2C. His counting numbers have never been great, but his rate/underlying numbers have always been solid when you take into account quality of teammates and deployment (mostly defensive zone starts, yet is a strong play driver 5v5). Pageau is known for carrying below replacement level players and still being able to have a positive impact in terms of expected goals %.
18 sept. 2020 à 2 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
No doubt Trotz is a very good coach, but they would have made the playoffs with another coach such as gallant or DJ smith. I don't think those coaches would stubbornly play a bottom 5 defenseman in the league (boychuk) instead of dobson who proved he was NHL ready back in October. I don't think some fans realize how much one awful player can negatively impact a team- giving boychuk more minutes after pelechs injury in January singlehandedly put the isles season on life support. That's on trotz. Fans who don't follow the isles closely just assume that he carries a bunch of fringe NHLers to the playoffs, when that isn't the case.

Most of his career pageau has been a borderline 2C. His counting numbers have never been great, but his rate/underlying numbers have always been solid when you take into account quality of teammates and deployment (mostly defensive zone starts, yet is a strong play driver 5v5). Pageau is known for carrying below replacement level players and still being able to have a positive impact in terms of expected goals %.

as a pens fan... I know too well.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/brandon.holmes#!/vizhome/NHLIMPACTComparisonCharts/IMPACTCharts

just looking at his numbers on this website through the years, yeah his offensive zone starts is very low like you said, but besides 2020, his 5v5 numbers haven't looked great at all. Im sure quality of teammates is definitely an issue, but I still would never view him as a 2C on a cup team.
18 sept. 2020 à 3 h 2
Isles7
as a pens fan... I know too well.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/brandon.holmes#!/vizhome/NHLIMPACTComparisonCharts/IMPACTCharts

just looking at his numbers on this website through the years, yeah his offensive zone starts is very low like you said, but besides 2020, his 5v5 numbers haven't looked great at all. Im sure quality of teammates is definitely an issue, but I still would never view him as a 2C on a cup team.

For sure, Pens should fire Jack Johnson into the sun.

If you look at micahs (@ineffectivemath) isolated impact for pageau , it has him as a very strong 5v5 play driver. Quality of teammates are a major factor , especially when you’re playing tough minutes against elite competition. I’m not saying pageau is some above average 2C, but he’s definitely a high end 3C, low end 2C.
The bruins and Blues both pay 5 mill+ for their 3rd line centers. Lou has given out some questionable contracts (komarov, hickey) but pageau isn’t it when you look at the team context + pageau’s fit.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 9 h 17
NYI
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,102
Quoting: TooMalevolent
The Barzal deal will be interesting. They have to bridge him, no?

Given our cap situation, what happened with the RFAs last summer, and his playoffs being excellent but not perfect, yes he should take a bridge deal. I think he will, Lou will play hardball with him and Barzal doesn't seem like the type that would hold out, even if he does want his money now. I don't know who his agent is, but I imagine it won't be an awful negotiation.

Quoting: justaBoss
That team reminded me a lot of CBJ...just a step up in terms of talent imo.

Trotz have done great job putting that defense in line...sadly since he's not a fan of young talent, solid players like Dobson get a bit sheltered.

Trotz doesn't seem to mind young talent with us. Granted, he doesn't have a lot (Barzal, Beau, Dobson), but that hasn't been a sore spot in Trotz's time here. Dobson played in the final minutes of regulation and some of OT last night and looked really really good.

Especially after giving over 5 million long term to a 3C lol. He’s honestly so overrated. Trotz makes Lou look good. This isles team wouldn’t even make the playoffs without trotz

Pageau is incredible. Trotz may have made him a better player, but I don't think any Isles fan would call him overrated or say he's overpaid. I'm a big believer in center depth winning you championships. If you're going to overpay at any position, it's your centers and top pairing defensemen.

You need a sniper wink how about Laine for Pulock, will be willing to take a cap dump to add to the trade

I said this in another thread, but it's so funny how the Jets and Islanders are great trading partners, but only if they want to do a blockbuster. I would absolutely love a deal for Laine, but it'd be hard to trade Pulock for him.

Quoting: aadoyle
what they need is a franchise star. Tavares leaving still is hurting this team despite them saying otherwise. Barzel just aint that guy yet but could do it one day.

While I agree Barzal needs modest improvement and maturity (I kept saying during the playoffs he just needs to calm down and be a little more predictable), Tavares leaving did a lot more good than bad. We wouldn't be in a better spot with Tavares in the lineup or the locker room right now.
18 sept. 2020 à 9 h 18
NYI
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,102
Quoting: aadoyle
laine and trotz would be at eachothers throats lul

They said the same thing about Trotz and Ovechkin. Look how that turned out.
18 sept. 2020 à 14 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 455
Quoting: slapshot723
Given our cap situation, what happened with the RFAs last summer, and his playoffs being excellent but not perfect, yes he should take a bridge deal. I think he will, Lou will play hardball with him and Barzal doesn't seem like the type that would hold out, even if he does want his money now. I don't know who his agent is, but I imagine it won't be an awful negotiation.

Trotz doesn't seem to mind young talent with us. Granted, he doesn't have a lot (Barzal, Beau, Dobson), but that hasn't been a sore spot in Trotz's time here. Dobson played in the final minutes of regulation and some of OT last night and looked really really good.

Pageau is incredible. Trotz may have made him a better player, but I don't think any Isles fan would call him overrated or say he's overpaid. I'm a big believer in center depth winning you championships. If you're going to overpay at any position, it's your centers and top pairing defensemen.

I said this in another thread, but it's so funny how the Jets and Islanders are great trading partners, but only if they want to do a blockbuster. I would absolutely love a deal for Laine, but it'd be hard to trade Pulock for him.

While I agree Barzal needs modest improvement and maturity (I kept saying during the playoffs he just needs to calm down and be a little more predictable), Tavares leaving did a lot more good than bad. We wouldn't be in a better spot with Tavares in the lineup or the locker room right now.

Yeah I actually think the pandemic in an odd way has played out well for the NYI. Honestly, this team probably does not make the playoffs in a full year. Now they take a way better and deeper TB team to six games in the eastern final. They can look to build on that. They I guess will try to sell to Barzal that the cap is flat, and if he wants to win, he will have to take a bit less. I would not buy that as a player personally, and would point to some of those bad contracts and ask why they did not take haircuts. Pageau was great in this playoffs. Absolutely worth the trade. But that contract with where he is positioned on this team, I don't know. If they sell Barzal on a bridge, I think you take it, hope the cap goes up the next time he is up. If not, NYI are going to be like every other team that learns that in a cap world, you can't be deep everywhere.
18 sept. 2020 à 15 h 11
Isles7
Quoting: TooMalevolent
Yeah I actually think the pandemic in an odd way has played out well for the NYI. Honestly, this team probably does not make the playoffs in a full year. Now they take a way better and deeper TB team to six games in the eastern final. They can look to build on that. They I guess will try to sell to Barzal that the cap is flat, and if he wants to win, he will have to take a bit less. I would not buy that as a player personally, and would point to some of those bad contracts and ask why they did not take haircuts. Pageau was great in this playoffs. Absolutely worth the trade. But that contract with where he is positioned on this team, I don't know. If they sell Barzal on a bridge, I think you take it, hope the cap goes up the next time he is up. If not, NYI are going to be like every other team that learns that in a cap world, you can't be deep everywhere.

The one benefit for the islanders is that the flat cap will force them to play their NHL ready prospects - Lou and trotz can’t afford to be overly patient, which will benefit the isles because trotz relying on grinders like boychuk and kuhnhackl has held this team back.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage