SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Manson amp Getzlaf to Leafs

Créé par: tvh_0703
Publié: 16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 9
Plafond salarial: 81 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 124/125 (99%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimDucks d'Anaheim

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Getzlaf, RyanDucks d'AnaheimLNH50%4 092 000 $111---0000--
Manson, JoshDucks d'AnaheimLNH-4 067 200 $111---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Johnsson, AndreasMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 372 800 $111---0000--
Dermott, TravisMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-0 $111---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 472 000 $111---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoTOR)---100------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial470 001 $2141524611
Variation1 314 400 $111100
Final1 784 401 $ (↑)22 (↑)42 (↑)53 (↑)5 (↑)611000

Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoMaple Leafs de Toronto

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Johnsson, AndreasMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 372 800 $111---0000--
Dermott, TravisMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-0 $111---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 472 000 $111---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoTOR)---100------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Getzlaf, RyanDucks d'AnaheimLNH50%4 092 000 $111---0000--
Manson, JoshDucks d'AnaheimLNH-4 067 200 $111---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial6 106 467 $1834503517
Variation-1 314 400 $-1-1-1-100
Final4 792 067 $ (↓)17 (↓)33 (↓)49 (↓)2 (↓)517000
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 57
Being wrong is ok
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 354
our franchise would be put to shame if we did this trade.
Salzy a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2020 à 0 h 11
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Leafs arent going to take on a more expensive 3C

and I doubt they trade their 1st at all, but if they did it would be near deadline
17 sept. 2020 à 0 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,787
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
our franchise would be put to shame if we did this trade.

Yeah because you wouldn't want to kick off your re build with a young future top 4 and a first round pick while getting rid.of a guy who's 35.
17 sept. 2020 à 0 h 45
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: Rhea
Yeah because you wouldn't want to kick off your re build with a young future top 4 and a first round pick while getting rid.of a guy who's 35.

hey we already bought out Perry which prevented the chance of Getz and Perry playing there 1000 game together. Plus, this year Getz most likely get his 1000th pt so theres that. You don't just trade your long time C who has so much history with this franchise for a late first, B prospect who most likely will be a 3rd pairing, and interchangeable assests. I understand your pov but you Cleary are uneducated in this scenario so all due respect chill out.
17 sept. 2020 à 2 h 39
hey we already bought out Perry which prevented the chance of Getz and Perry playing there 1000 game together. Plus, this year Getz most likely get his 1000th pt so theres that. You don't just trade your long time C who has so much history with this franchise for a late first, B prospect who most likely will be a 3rd pairing, and interchangeable assests. I understand your pov but you Cleary are uneducated in this scenario so all due respect chill out.

Chill out? Lol ok champ I'm good. Dermott will be a top 4 easily , it is not a late first, lilijegren is projected to be higher than a 3rd pairing you get a 3rd line c and you get a top 6 who can also Pk. But you want to hang on to a 35 year old Getz for loyalty sakes until UFA then what? Resign him on the clear decline or let him walk? Pretty good asset management there. Your team is old and you need to rebuild but hey keep the declining 35 year old because that'll help. Funny you are calling me uneducated when clearly you have no clue. Maybe educate yourself about the other players before you go on about nothing.

Hehe...chill out.😁
17 sept. 2020 à 3 h 21
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: Rhea
Chill out? Lol ok champ I'm good. Dermott will be a top 4 easily , it is not a late first, lilijegren is projected to be higher than a 3rd pairing you get a 3rd line c and you get a top 6 who can also Pk. But you want to hang on to a 35 year old Getz for loyalty sakes until UFA then what? Resign him on the clear decline or let him walk? Pretty good asset management there. Your team is old and you need to rebuild but hey keep the declining 35 year old because that'll help. Funny you are calling me uneducated when clearly you have no clue. Maybe educate yourself about the other players before you go on about nothing.

Hehe...chill out.😁

tears of joy

Like I said earlier I get your pov. But you still don't get it. Dermott a top 4 ehhhh sure. On the ducks? Oh yea cause we are so bad. A 3rd Line center on team full of them. Definitely can be useful huh?

My biggest question here is you don't think the leafs 1st round pick wouldn't be anywhere between 24-32? They really gonna have another bad year?

As for the point of aging and bad asset management I cant disagree when you look over this trade from an outsiders pov. Like if we were discussing a Lindholm or Rakell and they didn't want to resign I agree with every point you've made. But, if your trading a face of your franchise for this return it sends a bad message and makes your franchise look like joke.

After this year Getz might retire, comeback or go to another team. Whatever happens im ok with it.

But, yea no offense your definitely uneducated on this matter and definitely need to chill out still. sorry I hurt your feelings.

I did like the ok champ chirp I giggled.

Do you get my point tho? its not always about age and asset management. When it comes to player like Getz a captain of this team for so many years and close to a milestone. Its best imo for him to do it with this franchise.

Lastly, the major point we both disagree on is you feel this trade would propel the rebuild forward and be so great for our future. On my end I see players that won't really contribute to our future and a 1st that will probably be later in the round which ultimately isn't worth the packaged offered here.
Rhea et Salzy a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2020 à 9 h 30
tears of joy

Like I said earlier I get your pov. But you still don't get it. Dermott a top 4 ehhhh sure. On the ducks? Oh yea cause we are so bad. A 3rd Line center on team full of them. Definitely can be useful huh?

My biggest question here is you don't think the leafs 1st round pick wouldn't be anywhere between 24-32? They really gonna have another bad year?

As for the point of aging and bad asset management I cant disagree when you look over this trade from an outsiders pov. Like if we were discussing a Lindholm or Rakell and they didn't want to resign I agree with every point you've made. But, if your trading a face of your franchise for this return it sends a bad message and makes your franchise look like joke.

After this year Getz might retire, comeback or go to another team. Whatever happens im ok with it.

But, yea no offense your definitely uneducated on this matter and definitely need to chill out still. sorry I hurt your feelings.

Do you get my point tho? its not always about age and asset management. When it comes to player like Getz a captain of this team for so many years and close to a milestone. Its best imo for him to do it with this franchise.

Lastly, the major point we both disagree on is you feel this trade would propel the rebuild forward and be so great for our future. On my end I see players that won't really contribute to our future and a 1st that will probably be later in the round which ultimately isn't worth the packaged offered here.

See you can respond without insults and we all feel better.

Ok my apologies man I thought that was this year's first round pick, so I can understand a little more because we are winning the Cup next year smile

Hurt feelings? Nope, don't flatter yourself, but I clearly know our players and prospects better than you. Your notion about the loyalty I get, but you could end up like San Jose and Thornton and be screwed and get nothing. You guys have some good prospects coming for sure but you also don't want to throw them to the wolves too soon either.

I guess we disagree, but I know our players very well and you would love Dermott. The Leafs will trade him at some point and they will regret it big time.

I am a huge Getzlaf fan too by the way and I understand, but my biggest concern is letting a major asset walk for nothing like Thornton or Sundin.

Oh well good luck in the rebuild man.
17 sept. 2020 à 10 h 7
@BuckoJoyde I do appreciate the passion for your team though buddy. I'm still jealous of Fowler too.frown
BuckoJoyde a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2020 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Haha no
17 sept. 2020 à 13 h 54
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,936
Ducks already have 4 players like Dermott, we dont need or want him, same goes for AJ and Kerfoot too

Take a look a team needs before you make dumb trades

Easiest decline of Bob Murrays life
18 sept. 2020 à 13 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 28

To be fair, Getzlaf has a NMC so obviously he would have to agree to the deal. Anaheim isn't close to contending, so giving your long time captain the respect of giving him the option to chase a 2nd Stanley Cup versus scoring 1000 pts for the same team while playing meaningless games for the rest of his career seems reasonable to me. Unless his family is unwilling to move from California, I think he would agree to waive the NMC.

In terms of the package, I included the 2021 1st rd pick because a sooner and deeper drafts 1st rounder is obviously more valuable and Anaheim isn't in need of a sooner pick. Getzlaf gives the Leafs some of the leadership and grit they've needed, and Manson is the kinda D-man they need right now.

The Leafs are giving up Dermott who loses lots of value if he can't be signed to a reasonable deal and with Sandin, Muzzin, and Rielly they need to trade Dermott... if he could play major minutes at RD then he would've by now. Johnsson and Kerfoot make the salary work and are needed to give Anaheim some young forwards, who are definitely not replacement players, to fill out their roster.
18 sept. 2020 à 13 h 37
Démarrer sujet
tears of joy

In response to your last point, I'm not saying Anaheim would keep the assets, if I wanted to go through a slew of trades, likely Toronto would trade Johnsson and Kerfoot for futures because based on the return for Kapanen, they do have decent value. Then they could trade a package with more futures to Anaheim. Imo Dermott helps Anaheim get younger and gives them the option to trade Lindholm or Fowler for a much bigger return, and in a few years Dermott has the upside to be able to replace one (definitely not a guarantee).

If Kapanen got a 1st and a B prospect (the other 4 in the deal are interchangeable), then Johnsson and Kerfoot at least have the ability to get a 2nd or 3rd and B prospect each.
Would the Ducks not take this package for Getzlaf and Manson?
- 2021 1st
- 2020 2nd
- 2020 3rd
- Dermott
- 2 B Prospects (ex. Hallander and Abramov)
BuckoJoyde a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2020 à 14 h 6
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: tvh_0703
In response to your last point, I'm not saying Anaheim would keep the assets, if I wanted to go through a slew of trades, likely Toronto would trade Johnsson and Kerfoot for futures because based on the return for Kapanen, they do have decent value. Then they could trade a package with more futures to Anaheim. Imo Dermott helps Anaheim get younger and gives them the option to trade Lindholm or Fowler for a much bigger return, and in a few years Dermott has the upside to be able to replace one (definitely not a guarantee).

If Kapanen got a 1st and a B prospect (the other 4 in the deal are interchangeable), then Johnsson and Kerfoot at least have the ability to get a 2nd or 3rd and B prospect each.
Would the Ducks not take this package for Getzlaf and Manson?
- 2021 1st
- 2020 2nd
- 2020 3rd
- Dermott
- 2 B Prospects (ex. Hallander and Abramov)

Definitely see where you're coming from. However, the idea of Johnsson and Kerfoot fetching a b prospect is really tough. I doubt it personally. Plus if you look at our depth we have so many young lw and C 3rd liners I just rather our rookies get that time. We just dont have a need for those guys. They would actually hurt us imo.

For the proposal its a slight improvement but as I said Getzlaf is just untouchable. Almost as much as John Gibson imo. We won't move him for anything. He's always gonna be a duck. I can guarantee that Ryan Getzlaf wouldnt play hockey anymore if he didn't have captaincy. Just my two cents. Maybe he'd waive for a top 4 team but I really really doubt it.

Also, its just my prediction but in this deal I project 1st to have the lowest value. The leafs have to compete in the playoffs sooner or later and I think/hope in 20-21 they will make a cup run.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the follow up and trade adjustment. Watching leafs end the Kessel era and rebuild so fast by trading guys for mid round picks I totally see the idea and why you'd think it could be beneficial for us. But, we have so much young talent coming up we need them to get ice time.

P.S. If Manson is the primary target here Id bet 2 2nds would get it done honestly.
20 sept. 2020 à 17 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Definitely see where you're coming from. However, the idea of Johnsson and Kerfoot fetching a b prospect is really tough. I doubt it personally. Plus if you look at our depth we have so many young lw and C 3rd liners I just rather our rookies get that time. We just dont have a need for those guys. They would actually hurt us imo.

For the proposal its a slight improvement but as I said Getzlaf is just untouchable. Almost as much as John Gibson imo. We won't move him for anything. He's always gonna be a duck. I can guarantee that Ryan Getzlaf wouldnt play hockey anymore if he didn't have captaincy. Just my two cents. Maybe he'd waive for a top 4 team but I really really doubt it.

Also, its just my prediction but in this deal I project 1st to have the lowest value. The leafs have to compete in the playoffs sooner or later and I think/hope in 20-21 they will make a cup run.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the follow up and trade adjustment. Watching leafs end the Kessel era and rebuild so fast by trading guys for mid round picks I totally see the idea and why you'd think it could be beneficial for us. But, we have so much young talent coming up we need them to get ice time.

P.S. If Manson is the primary target here Id bet 2 2nds would get it done honestly.

Manson would be the primary target, but I think a player like Getzlaf that could provide scoring, more vocal leadership, and lots of physicality is exactly what the Leafs need to really be able to compete. With all the Thornton rumours going around, I think Getzlaf provides everything that he would, but more of all of it. It'd definitely be up to Getzlaf, because I'm sure Anaheim would do whatever would make him most happy in a heartbeat... would love to have the guy in Toronto though.

Imo you can never have too many quality prospects though, it'll be great seeing what Steel and Comtois can do in the coming years.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage