Forums/Armchair-GM

CBJ Possibilities

Créé par: mmartin3067
Équipe: 2020-21 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 14 sept. 2020
Publié: 16 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I can see the Jackets moving some of the defensive depth for later picks in this deep draft but I'm not sure how much more actually happens. I do think Wennberg is done as a Jacket and his buyout helps with resigning RFAs.

Not a huge fan of the UFAs this offseason so I stayed away from that. I actually think keeping Josh Anderson will be big for the Jackets. With him being healthy and finally having that longer term deal, I hope that clears any distraction and just allows him to play like he has shown in the past. If he can return to 2018-19 form, that's a big win this offseason. Gavrikov and PLD also get their longer term deals.

With all of that done, the Jackets still have just under $4M in cap space for 2020-21. I think there is an opportunity to lend a hand to one of the teams in cap crunch like Tampa (Cirelli or Johnson) or Toronto (Nylander). Didn't add any of those trades here, just trying to not get my hopes too far up. Interested to hear what players others think the Jackets might be able to acquire.

Don't know how many more goals this lineup scores than last year but I like the players Columbus has right now and I think the future is bright with this core.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
78 500 000 $
43 500 000 $
21 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
2950 000 $
43 500 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2020 (STL)
CBJ
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de EDM
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de STL
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $67 512 501 $0 $2 075 000 $13 987 499 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
897 500 $897 500 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance375 000 $$375K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
975 000 $975 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
1 062 500 $1 062 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
5 850 000 $5 850 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 888
I'm on board with a lot of what you've done here, assuming Josh is willing to sign at that price point. A couple of thoughts:

- Young players like Bemstrom, Peeke, and Foudy should be down in the AHL playing every day if they're likely to be scratched regularly. Their development will depend on regular playing time.
- Would rather sign Carlsson and have him as the seventh guy, instead of Peeke being chained to the bench behind the other RDs.
- LTIR isn't free cap space; we'd absolutely handcuff ourselves at the deadline if we went this way. I'd rather trade Murray for more than Nuti (assuming we can get more) and free up a little more room. (To that end, Nash is an expensive piece to have sitting in the press box.)
mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 0
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
That buyout is surprisingly effective. My worry with the Jackets is Jones UFA in 2 years. Do you go all-in in that window or hope he signs an extension?
mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 2
Quoting: DDoverChucky
That buyout is surprisingly effective. My worry with the Jackets is Jones UFA in 2 years. Do you go all-in in that window or hope he signs an extension?

There seems to be a lot of optimism about signing Jones and Werenski long-term. With Jenner, Savard, Murray, Dubinsky and Foligno all having their deals expire before then, we should have plenty of room for matching $9M AAV extensions, though Seth is likely the priority.
mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 4
In Pridham we trust
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,969
Just an FYI from reading your description. Leafs aren't in a cap crunch. Won't be moving Nylander.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 8
Quoting: Barilko14
Just an FYI from reading your description. Leafs aren't in a cap crunch. Won't be moving Nylander.

Though a Pietro signing could eat up that cap space right quick.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 866
Not bad in the signings/moves department. I would rather keep Anderson too than let him go for nothing.
He is worth taking the risk on rather than losing him for a 2nd rd. pick or something like that.
The remaining $4M you have will probably not be spent, as they most likely have an internal cap due to the economy thing going on.
They have some big ticket contracts coming up in the next couple years (Bjorkstrand, Werenski, Jones, and Texier).
Keeping in the mid 70's, as well as Foligno's, Savard's, Murray's, and Nash's money will help out when it comes time to sign them.
Not to mention losing a player to Seattle in expansion and also possibly deciding on one of Korpi/Elvis and trading the other.

If they do bite on a free agent this year, i like the idea of trying to land Toffoli or Jesper Fast.
Both are good 2 way players and have some scoring upside, but might not break the bank like Dadanov or Hoffman (who would be very nice to land as well).
Either way, I do not think teams will be spending wads of cash given the flat cap and tightening of the economy lately.
mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 12
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Not bad in the signings/moves department. I would rather keep Anderson too than let him go for nothing.
He is worth taking the risk on rather than losing him for a 2nd rd. pick or something like that.
The remaining $4M you have will probably not be spent, as they most likely have an internal cap due to the economy thing going on.
They have some big ticket contracts coming up in the next couple years (Bjorkstrand, Werenski, Jones, and Texier).
Keeping in the mid 70's, as well as Foligno's, Savard's, Murray's, and Nash's money will help out when it comes time to sign them.
Not to mention losing a player to Seattle in expansion and also possibly deciding on one of Korpi/Elvis and trading the other.

If they do bite on a free agent this year, i like the idea of trying to land Toffoli or Jesper Fast.
Both are good 2 way players and have some scoring upside, but might not break the bank like Dadanov or Hoffman (who would be very nice to land as well).
Either way, I do not think teams will be spending wads of cash given the flat cap and tightening of the economy lately.

Remember, Elvis is exempt from the Seattle draft, so Columbus could conceivably keep both.
Bluejackets2000 et mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 14
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: benjgc
Though a Pietro signing could eat up that cap space right quick.

Yep. They would enter cap crunch territory if they signed a $9M dman.

IMO, Leafs name is out there from Pietro camp to put some pressure on Blues, or drive up his asking price.
benjgc et mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 23
Remember, Elvis is exempt from the Seattle draft, so Columbus could conceivably keep both.

With the Korpi/Elvis thing, I wasn't thinking about that from a salary standpoint or losing him in expansion.
I was thinking more of the fact it is hard to keep 2 goaltenders in a tandem situation who both want to be #1. Elvis comes across as having a bit of an ego.
He got the bigger contract, so that tells me that they think long term he might be the one to stay.
However, Korpi outplayed him before he got hurt in that crappy Chicago shooutout game that the Jackets should have won but for the officials timing error.
Not to mention once you know who the #1 is, you could get more in assets in return than if you draw it out too long, or then let one of them go in 2 years in UFA.
All in all, it is a nice problem to have, as long as it does not become a problem.
mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 33
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
I would be on board with this offseason. Tbh I think this seems to be a very likely way things go. Maybe if someone like Haula is willing to take a short term deal he could NA a good add to the team to help on the PP.
mmartin3067 et Bluejackets2000 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 36
Yep. They would enter cap crunch territory if they signed a $9M dman.

IMO, Leafs name is out there from Pietro camp to put some pressure on Blues, or drive up his asking price.

You could be right. There's been a lot of smoke around him with the Leafs, though, so I'm not ruling it out of the realm of possibility.
mmartin3067 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 39
Démarrer sujet
MMartin3067
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2
I'm on board with a lot of what you've done here, assuming Josh is willing to sign at that price point. A couple of thoughts:

- Young players like Bemstrom, Peeke, and Foudy should be down in the AHL playing every day if they're likely to be scratched regularly. Their development will depend on regular playing time.
- Would rather sign Carlsson and have him as the seventh guy, instead of Peeke being chained to the bench behind the other RDs.
- LTIR isn't free cap space; we'd absolutely handcuff ourselves at the deadline if we went this way. I'd rather trade Murray for more than Nuti (assuming we can get more) and free up a little more room. (To that end, Nash is an expensive piece to have sitting in the press box.)

I need to learn more about the LTIR then but I like the thoughts. Excited to see what happens with Foudy. Hope he can be a guy next year that contributes often but I do think AHL is probably for the best at least to start. If he is down Nash probably isn’t scratched then.

I can see Murray also being dealt but I think it’s going to be hard to find the value for him just due to his injury issues. He’s a great asset when healthy but his healthy stretches seem few and far between.
benjgc a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
MMartin3067
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Quoting: Ajp_18
I would be on board with this offseason. Tbh I think this seems to be a very likely way things go. Maybe if someone like Haula is willing to take a short term deal he could NA a good add to the team to help on the PP.

Agreed. I’d be down for signing a UFA but I think it would have to be a 1-2 year deal with all of the potential extensions coming in the next few years. Just not sure how many top level UFAs would be willing to take that short of a contract.
Ajp_18 a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 44
Quoting: Ajp_18

Good call, I forgot to list Haula, he was the 3rd lower cost UFA I had in mind along with Toffoli & Fast.
Ajp_18 et benjgc a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 17 h 52
In Pridham we trust
You could be right. There's been a lot of smoke around him with the Leafs, though, so I'm not ruling it out of the realm of possibility.

There is always smoke around either the top UFA, or a Toronto area born UFA when it comes to the Leafs.

I just can't see how the Leafs make it work. It's either move Nylander/Marner for futures which really hurts the top 6 or you move out Andersen, Kerfoot, Johnsson, etc. which completely destroys their depth, and leads to several player turnover and having to find a cheaper goalie.

As much as I like Pietro, I'd be fine with a DeMelo level signing. Keeps the core together, DeMelo is a better age with this group, would pair well with Rielly, etc.
16 sept. 2020 à 18 h 6
There is always smoke around either the top UFA, or a Toronto area born UFA when it comes to the Leafs.

I just can't see how the Leafs make it work. It's either move Nylander/Marner for futures which really hurts the top 6 or you move out Andersen, Kerfoot, Johnsson, etc. which completely destroys their depth, and leads to several player turnover and having to find a cheaper goalie.

As much as I like Pietro, I'd be fine with a DeMelo level signing. Keeps the core together, DeMelo is a better age with this group, would pair well with Rielly, etc.

I can't see how Winnipeg doesn't make a huge push to keep DeMelo. Pionk-Poolman-Niku is less than ideal as an RD depth chart when you've got designs on contending. And the reported asking prices on Brodie and Hamonic aren't gonna help Toronto either. It's gonna be expensive for teams hunting for that elusive RHD.
16 sept. 2020 à 18 h 7
Good call, I forgot to list Haula, he was the 3rd lower cost UFA I had in mind along with Toffoli & Fast.

Toffoli isn't gonna be low-cost. Word is he's somewhere between 4.5 and 5.5M, and Vancouver's putting the press on him. And the Rangers know how much they need Fast after they crumbled without him. Haula's more realistic, if he's within our price range.
16 sept. 2020 à 18 h 12
Toffoli isn't gonna be low-cost. Word is he's somewhere between 4.5 and 5.5M, and Vancouver's putting the press on him. And the Rangers know how much they need Fast after they crumbled without him. Haula's more realistic, if he's within our price range.

If the Jackets can get Toffoli for $4.5-$5.5, they should jump on it. He would fit in nicely, and with the cap relief I listed above I my first post (Foligno, Savard, Murray, Nash, and expansion), they would be in good shape on Werenski, Jones & Bjorkstrand.
Friendly_Cannon a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 18 h 15
In Pridham we trust
I can't see how Winnipeg doesn't make a huge push to keep DeMelo. Pionk-Poolman-Niku is less than ideal as an RD depth chart when you've got designs on contending. And the reported asking prices on Brodie and Hamonic aren't gonna help Toronto either. It's gonna be expensive for teams hunting for that elusive RHD.

Kapanen trade gives Leafs space to pursue Brodie, Tanev, DeMelo, etc. as a UFA (hard to say if this level of player gets squeezed by market situation).

The Kappy 1st and/or other depth gives them options to go shopping for a Weegar (probably a pipedream), Cernak, Jensen, Roy, Manson, Murphy, Larsson, etc. (some of these guys wouldn't be first choice) if they strike out on UFAs.
benjgc a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2020 à 18 h 16
If the Jackets can get Toffoli for $4.5-$5.5, they should jump on it. He would fit in nicely, and with the cap relief I listed above I my first post (Foligno, Savard, Murray, Nash, and expansion), they would be in good shape on Werenski, Jones & Bjorkstrand.

Still doesn't fix our need for help up the middle, though. And Haula would be a better fix there. And if we re-sign Andy, as posited here, that means he's a fourth-liner for us, or one of Gus, Tex and Foligno is. Much though I think Foligno SHOULD be on the fourth line, I don't see Torts doing it.
16 sept. 2020 à 18 h 24
Still doesn't fix our need for help up the middle, though. And Haula would be a better fix there. And if we re-sign Andy, as posited here, that means he's a fourth-liner for us, or one of Gus, Tex and Foligno is. Much though I think Foligno SHOULD be on the fourth line, I don't see Torts doing it.

If stupid Torts would just roll 4 lines, it doesn’t matter what they call them.
Foligno, Jenner and Anderson is a solid line.
17 sept. 2020 à 0 h 46
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
im all for trading Nuti but if thats all we get then we should keep him or look to move Murr instead
Friendly_Cannon et benjgc a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage