Busy Making This Mock Draft

Busy Making This Mock Draft

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 13 sept. 2020 à 22 h 46
Description
Nashville trades pick No. 11 to Edmonton for pick No. 14 and Jesse Puljujarvi
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-The easiest pick in the draft. LaFreniere has been No. 1 for the past three seasons and can make an immediate impact in the NHL. Mostly known for playmaking and he will go to a team that is already gifted offensively.
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings have gained interest in Stutzle. He has experience playing against men in the DEL. Not sure if he will be in the NHL next season, but if he does, he will likely start off as a top-nine forward.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseI wouldn’t say this is off-the-board, but Rossi would fit perfectly in Ottawa. He played for the Ottawa 67’s, so the Senators would know his game the most out of any other player.
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I have heard scouts say that Detroit has more interest in Raymond and Perfetti. But with the Red Wings rebuilding, it would be best to go for the best player available. This is another obvious choice at No. 4 because Byfield is a projected top 3 pick. He could become a top-six forward for Detroit next season.
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The Senators have a lot of offensive defenseman such as Chabot and Brannstrom, so drafting Drysdale wouldn’t make sense. Sanderson is a shutdown defenseman. The only downside with Sanderson is that he is committed to the University of North Dakota next season, so the Senators would have to wait on him. I’ve also heard rumors that they might trade this pick.
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Holtz is the best goal-scorer in this draft. The Ducks have been lacking goal-scoring for the past two season, so drafting Holtz wouldn’t be a bad option. It will take a while for Holtz to develop his game, but if he does make the Ducks next season, he will likely start off as a bottom-six forward.
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The Devils have a trend of drafting two-way forwards, and they will continue this trend by selected another two-way player in Raymond. However, it will take a while for Raymond to make an immediate impact in the NHL.
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-The Sabres will need to fill their forward depth and Perfetti could do just that. He is super creative with the puck and can even play on the wing. I know that there is speculation that either Mittelstadt or Cozens could move to the wing. There are also rumors that Buffalo could trade this pick, but it wouldn’t make sense.
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-This is a fantastic pick for Minnesota because they need a center to replace Mikko Koivu and maybe Eric Staal. Lundell is a two-way forward who has experience playing against men in Finland.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-The first shock of the draft. Drysdale is the best defenseman in this draft. It is crucial that the Jets draft by position because they lost their whole right-side of defense last offseason. With Drysdale being right-handed, he can fill in that void.
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-This trade makes sense for Edmonton because their biggest need is goaltending. And at this point, Askarov is the best player available. After Mikko Koskinen and Mike Smith, their goaltending depth is thin.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-With Hoffman and Dadonov potentially being on the move, Florida would need to address their scoring. Jack Quinn is a true goal-scorer and can make an impact within a few seasons.
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoCarolina’s defense is set in stone. They need secondary goal-scoring. Gunler is an underrated goal-scorer. The owner of Carolina has said that they will only draft a forward in the first round.
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Jarvis excels on the power play and penalty kill. Nashville’s special teams haven’t been helpful to them for the past few seasons. It does make sense for Nashville to trade down because they have a deep team. Its just that everyone underachieved this season in point production.
15Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghYou could argue that the Leafs need defense. But with the trade of Kapanen and also Johnsson on their trading block, they need a replacement. Within a few seasons, Amirov could replace one of the two players.
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Lapierre speaks French, so he would fit perfectly in a city that has French as their first language. He is known for playmaking and him and Cole Caufield on the same line would be dangerous for other teams.
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-With tons of veterans on their blue line, the Blackhawks need to get younger. Guhle brings a physical presence to the ice and his shot isn’t terrible either. Within one or two seasons, he should fit on Chicago’s top-four.
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaWith the Devils going with a forward with their last pick, they will take the best defenseman available. That is Justin Barron. Before Sanderson’s draft ranking rose significantly, Barron was the second-best defenseman in the draft.
19Logo de Flames de Calgary-This is a steal for the Flames. They draft a player that can play at any position on the ice, as well potentially replace Monahan. There are rumors that Monahan could be traded.
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverThe Devils have selected forwards in three of the past four drafts, so they will select the best defenseman available once again. Once again, this is a steal as Schneider’s rankings are a bit higher.
21Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Without a doubt, this is the biggest steal of the draft as well as it being three steals in a row. Zary is projected to go in the top 15 of the draft. He put up big point totals in the WHL this season and has great offensive instincts.
22Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineThe Rangers won’t get a steal but Mysak can excel in any situation. A great two-way forward.
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-During the series with the Islanders, the Flyers struggled scoring on their special teams. Like Jarvis, Dawson Mercer excels on special teams, mostly the penalty kill.
24Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-This is a bit off-the-board, but Foerster is a center. I’ve heard rumors that Colorado could trade Tyson Jost, which doesn’t make sense. Even if Colorado keeps Jost, they still need a 2C behind MacKinnon.
25Logo de Capitals de Washington-For the past two seasons, the Capitals struggled defensively. So taking the best defenseman available would solve this issue.
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Like the Capitals, the Blues should take the best defenseman available. They already are high-powered offensive team. Also, they may lose Pietrangelo to free agency. Poirer can provide some insurance.
27Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonAfter taking a forward with their last pick, the Ducks take a defenseman. The best one available at this point is O’Rourke.
28Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New York
29Logo de Stars de Dallas-
30Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
31Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
13 sept. 2020 à 22 h 46
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 603
The 11th pick belongs to the Oilers and the 14th pick belongs to the predators
13 sept. 2020 à 23 h 1
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
Wheres Perrault?
Habs don’t take lapierre. We have 10 thousand small playmakers we don’t need another. He’s also a centre which we don’t need. Yes he’s French, but he’s not the only and we haven’t picked one in a while
13 sept. 2020 à 23 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,300
Hawks pick Holloway, Mercer or Zary. They have a logjam of young defenders and the only one they would consider is Sanderson but he won't fall that far. Hawks prospects left side: Vlasic, Beaudin, Carlsson, Kalynuk; Right side: Boqvist, Mitchell, Regula.
13 sept. 2020 à 23 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,670
I think Toronto = Schneider
13 sept. 2020 à 23 h 44
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hawks pick Holloway, Mercer or Zary. They have a logjam of young defenders and the only one they would consider is Sanderson but he won't fall that far. Hawks prospects left side: Vlasic, Beaudin, Carlsson, Kalynuk; Right side: Boqvist, Mitchell, Regula.

I did not know that. I thought they just had Boqvist and Beaudin.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 23 h 58
Nick
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 819
Montreal barely picks french player in the first round and they have way too many centers. They will take Mercer if the draft goes the way your mock has.
14 sept. 2020 à 0 h 17
Dead inside
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Quoting: ChiHawk

I don't see any of the LHD prospects having top pair potential, so I wouldn't hate the Guhle pick. I would still go with the fwds you listed. Holloway seems like the most likely choice with the Granato connection at Wisconsin
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2020 à 10 h 4
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Does the Nashville-Edmonton trade make sense? Who do you think got the better end of the deal?
14 sept. 2020 à 11 h 28
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,300
Quoting: TheGreatMistake
I don't see any of the LHD prospects having top pair potential, so I wouldn't hate the Guhle pick. I would still go with the fwds you listed. Holloway seems like the most likely choice with the Granato connection at Wisconsin

Guhle though isn't a top line prospect, he's a 2nd line guy. He could surprise of course but can't see them blowing the #17OA on a big gamble when they have such a logjam below top line if he doesn't work out. Agree, Holloway would be the most likely in this scenario as rumors have it Chicago has been watching his tapes.
TheGreatMistake a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2020 à 14 h 22
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: SalamiCheese
I think Toronto = Schneider

I forgot to mention that there are rumors that the Leafs are scouting Pietrangelo.
14 sept. 2020 à 20 h 57
Lets go Preds
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 915
Quoting: christianyog
The 11th pick belongs to the Oilers and the 14th pick belongs to the predators

What does the preds get for trading down 3 spots you think?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage