Forums/Armchair-GM

Little Comes Back Healthy

Créé par: OldNYIfan
Date de création initiale: aoû 29, 2020
Publié: 13 sep à 16 h 13
Équipe: 2020-21 Jets de Winnipeg
Explications
By exchanging Mathieu Perreault for Tyler Bozak, Winnipeg takes on a little extra cap but converts a 2022 second into more current draft capital and acquires better insurance against an injury to Bryan Little.

St Louis would make this trade to facilitate re-signing Alex Pietrangelo and Vince Dunn.

In return for a 2020 fourth, New Jersey moves up one round in the 2021 draft and gets one year of Perreault, who provides depth on LW behind Nikita Gusev, Miles Wood and Jesper Bratt. (None of their other LW prospects appear NHL ready to me.)

Instead of re-signing Beaulieu, the Jets could use that money and the Dahlstrom/Niku hit along with the $1.3 million reserve to sign a free-agent LD for $3 million or so.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
Roslovic, Jack22 250 000 $
Harkins, Jansen21 000 000 $
Appleton, Mason2900 000 $
Niku, Sami2850 000 $
Spacek, Michael2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
DeMelo, Dylan44 000 000 $
Beaulieu, Nathan21 250 000 $
Brossoit, Laurent21 250 000 $
Transactions
WPG
  1. Bozak, Tyler
  2. 2020 3e round pick (STL)
  3. 2021 3e round pick (STL)
STL
  1. Gawanke, Leon
  2. Suess, C.J. [Droits de RFA]
  3. 2022 2e round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. 2020 4e round pick (NJD)
  2. 2021 4e round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Perreault, Mathieu
  2. 2021 3e round pick (WPG)
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
WPG
WPG
STL
NJD
WPG
WPG
WPG
WPG
STL
NJD
WPG
WPG
WPG
WPG
WPG
WPG
WPG
WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $80 086 190 $0 $850 000 $1 413 810 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
WPG
Connor, Kyle
7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 6
WPG
Scheifele, Mark
6 125 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 4
WPG
Wheeler, Blake
8 250 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 4
WPG
Laine, Patrik
6 750 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
WPG
Little, Bryan
5 291 667 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
WPG
Ehlers, Nikolaj
6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
WPG
Copp, Andrew
2 280 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
STL
Bozak, Tyler
5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 1
WPG
Roslovic, Jack
2 250 000 $
AD, C
RFA
WPG
Harkins, Jansen
1 000 000 $
AG
RFA
WPG
Lowry, Adam
2 916 666 $
C
UFA - 1
WPG
Appleton, Mason
900 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
WPG
Vesalainen, Kristian
894 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
WPG
Morrissey, Joshua
6 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
WPG
Pionk, Neal
3 000 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
WPG
Hellebuyck, Connor
6 166 666 $
G
UFA - 4
WPG
Dahlström, Carl
850 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
WPG
DeMelo, Dylan
4 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
WPG
Brossoit, Laurent
1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 1
WPG
Beaulieu, Nathan
1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
WPG
Poolman, Tucker
775 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
WPG
Heinola, Ville
894 167 $
DG
RFA - 3
WPG
Niku, Sami
850 000 $
DD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 sep à 16 h 16
Rejoint: jui 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 490
I doubt Winnipeg gives up that much for Bozak.
13 sep à 16 h 20
Stars and Bolts fan
Rejoint: oct 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,276
Just a thought, but maybe drop the spare parts and make it a Bozak for partly retained Perreault swap?

WPG gains a C and STL saves money. Could be a win-win.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 16 h 35
Démarrer sujet
First NY Then LA
Rejoint: jun 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,429
Quoting: Windjammer

I think that you're seriously overlooking the draft pick aspect of this trade.
13 sep à 16 h 38
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,071

Hmm. Granted, Gawanke is a mildly interesting prospect, but Suess is a pile of meh at a position where the Blues already have clearly better prospects. Of course, 2nd round picks are nice, but it doesn't arrive for two years. He's trying to be clever to disguise that he's asking too much in current assets against deferred/questionable assets. Bozak does not have negative value, let alone moving in division. I'm confident the Blues can get something more preferable elsewhere, and not have to face him so many times next season (if not also in the playoffs).

Quoting: justaBoss
Just a thought, but maybe drop the spare parts and make it a Bozak for partly retained Perreault swap?

That's not a win for the Blues. Most importantly, we need to get full cap relief value out of Bozak. He's the most favorable cap clearance chip we have left. Besides, Perrault is on the down slope quality-wise and has suddenly become quite concussion-prone to boot. I just can't see the Jets retaining enough to make this worth our while.
13 sep à 16 h 40
Démarrer sujet
First NY Then LA

Good thought if we're looking just at this year. Winnipeg retains $675,000, saving St Louis $1.5 million off the cap. Winnipeg would then cut one of my figures for Roslovic or DeMelo by a quarter of a million and have enough flexibility in case of an injury to temporarily absorb an entry-level contract without placing someone on LTIR.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 16 h 41
Démarrer sujet
First NY Then LA
Quoting: mokumboi
Hmm. Granted, Gawanke is a mildly interesting prospect, but Suess is a pile of meh at a position where the Blues already have clearly better prospects. Of course, 2nd round picks are nice, but it doesn't arrive for two years. He's trying to be clever to disguise that he's asking too much in current assets against deferred/questionable assets. Bozak does not have negative value, let alone moving in division. I'm confident the Blues can get something more preferable elsewhere, and not have to face him so many times next season (if not also in the playoffs).

I love your fourth sentence. Busted!
13 sep à 16 h 42
Stars and Bolts fan
That's not a win for the Blues. Most importantly, we need to get full cap relief value out of Bozak. He's the most favorable cap clearance chip we have left. Besides, Perrault is on the down slope quality-wise and has suddenly become quite concussion-prone to boot. I just can't see the Jets retaining enough to make this worth our while.

Not really expecting WPG making any favors for a division rival with their cap troubles.

Just considering that will STL be able to find a team taking Bozak's full contract. WPG might be that in terms of need for a C. His NTC brings an issue to boot.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 16 h 44
Rejoint: jui 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 490
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think that you're seriously overlooking the draft pick aspect of this trade.

You mean the Jets giving up a promising defenseman and a second to get back a meh 3C rental and 2 thirds! Woo hoo. sarcasm
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 16 h 46
Démarrer sujet
First NY Then LA
Not really expecting WPG making any favors for a division rival with their cap troubles.

Just considering that will STL be able to find a team taking Bozak's full contract. WPG might be that in terms of need for a C. His NTC brings an issue to boot.

My thinking exactly. Looking at the other 9 teams at the bottom of the cap table, none seems at all likely to take Bozak off St Louis' hands. And none of the teams above Winnipeg are likely to be able to afford Bozak's full hit, as @mokumboi wants and the Blues need.
13 sep à 16 h 47
Démarrer sujet
First NY Then LA
You mean the Jets giving up a promising defenseman and a second to get back a meh 3C rental and 2 thirds! Woo hoo. sarcasm

You fail to appreciate the difference between a 2020 third and a 2022 second. Ask @mokumboi
13 sep à 17 h 08
mokumboi
I love your fourth sentence. Busted!

I honestly have no idea what you're celebrating. Nothing in that fourth sentence is remotely controversial.

Then again, I was called an idiot for months by several posters here (no, I'm suggesting you were one of them) for saying that the Blues could get a 3rd for Allen... so perhaps I should take it as a compliment.

Who said anything about a favor? And by that same token, the Blues won't be doing any favor in improving a division rival's team next season.

Like I said, I'm confident we'll be able to ship him out of the division. And I doubt Army would balk at retaining $1m or so if the return warrants it.
13 sep à 17 h 11
mokumboi
My thinking exactly. Looking at the other 9 teams at the bottom of the cap table, none seems at all likely to take Bozak off St Louis' hands. And none of the teams above Winnipeg are likely to be able to afford Bozak's full hit, as @mokumboi wants and the Blues need.

Heh. You do know that cap table is not going to remain static until the season starts, right? And I wouldn't be at all shocked if someone desperate to reach the playoffs like Buffalo grabbed him.
13 sep à 17 h 12
Stars and Bolts fan
Who said anything about a favor? And by that same token, the Blues won't be doing any favor in improving a division rival's team next season.

Like I said, I'm confident we'll be able to ship him out of the division. And I doubt Army would balk at retaining $1m or so if the return warrants it.

With the current tight cap across the league, any team taking Bozak of your hands is making you a favor - only thing that's unsettled is how big of a favor it is, and that's determined by the return, really.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 17 h 17
mokumboi
With the current tight cap across the league, any team taking Bozak of your hands is making you a favor - only thing that's unsettled is how big of a favor it is, and that's determined by the return, really.

See, I already went through this same exact discussion ad nauseum with Allen. It's not a favor when the player improves the other team. Cap space is not the only value to be gained in a trade. And Bozak is going to noticeably improve any team he goes to. There's no relevant "favor" to talk about here.
13 sep à 17 h 21
Stars and Bolts fan
See, I already went through this same exact discussion ad nauseum with Allen. It's not a favor when the player improves the other team. Cap space is not the only value to be gained in a trade. And Bozak is going to noticeably improve any team he goes to. There's no relevant "favor" to talk about here.

I'd still say it's a favor, but not only for STL but the other team as well if they can find use for Bozak in that cost.

What I'd argue is that do the teams really have no better use for that $5M than gaining a mid-6 C. Because honestly I think pretty much all teams have better use for that sort of money. (Edit: this applies to Blues as well btw.)

You seem optimistic about Blues getting some value out of the guy. Here's some unsolicited advice - don't keep your hopes too high.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 17 h 33
mokumboi
I'd still say it's a favor, but not only for STL but the other team as well if they can find use for Bozak in that cost.

What I'd argue is that do the teams really have no better use for that $5M than gaining a mid-6 C. Because honestly I think pretty much all teams have better use for that sort of money. (Edit: this applies to Blues as well btw.)

You seem optimistic about Blues getting some value out of the guy. Here's some unsolicited advice - don't keep your hopes too high.

1- Heh. Those aren't favors. It's just a trade. happy

2- I agree, that is the question. And hey, the Blues would LOVE to keep him. They totally would pay $5M for one more season of all he brings to the team. They just can't because of a conflicting limitation. Meanwhile, there are other teams that don't have such a limitation, but are desperate for all those attributes he can bring.

3- Yeah, that's what plenty of people told me about Snake. Army has time to manage a solution. I'm not stressed over it right now.
13 sep à 17 h 50
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: jan 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,511
I'm down for a Bozak acquisition by the Jets if he's willing to come to Winnipeg but Gawanke is like the Jets only promising RHD prospect which is a position they're already super thin at and the 2nd is aways away but still a decent pick and who knows it could end up being an early one, honestly a 3rd is the most I'd part with for him.
13 sep à 18 h 03
Démarrer sujet
First NY Then LA
I honestly have no idea what you're celebrating.

I'm celebrating the fact that you knew exactly what I was doing, and I was commending you for it.

Why you would have construed my comment as anything but is entirely beyond me.
13 sep à 18 h 09
Rejoint: jun 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 144
1- Heh. Those aren't favors. It's just a trade. happy

2- I agree, that is the question. And hey, the Blues would LOVE to keep him. They totally would pay $5M for one more season of all he brings to the team. They just can't because of a conflicting limitation. Meanwhile, there are other teams that don't have such a limitation, but are desperate for all those attributes he can bring.

3- Yeah, that's what plenty of people told me about Snake. Army has time to manage a solution. I'm not stressed over it right now.

Just throwing this out there, but if you actually work in this industry let me know when you're looking for an analyst :P
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
13 sep à 18 h 16
mokumboi
I'm celebrating the fact that you knew exactly what I was doing, and I was commending you for it.

Why you would have construed my comment as anything but is entirely beyond me.

Oh, duh. I actually didn't even notice that you were the thread starter until just now. I thought I was the one who was busted. tears of joy

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Supprimer une option
Soumettre le sondage