Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 sept. 2020 à 19 h 49
Chiggy
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 590
Quoting: HabsForEver
Don't think it's fair to compare the Hayes trade to this trade. At the end of the day, Montreal paid a 5th round pick for a 4/5 guy, I'll take that anyday of the week.

lol. where are you getting that he's a 4/5 guy. He was statistically one of the worst in the league last season and has only had one mediocre season in his career?
bhavikp27 a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2020 à 19 h 54
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
The best part of this is that there will be no more stupid LHD to the habs trades. We’ll see when/if he signs the contract if it was worth it, but right now, I’m not sweating over a 5th round pick.
habitantlecolon et rcs14e a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2020 à 19 h 54
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Chigurrhh
No he doesn't. He's worse than any of the players Montreal has on the left side and likely pushes out a better player form the lineup.

Edmundson would be our 2nd best LH defender. Only guy better on the left side is Chiarot.
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2020 à 19 h 55
Former Hockey Fan
Also, does anyone know if he can play the right side?
12 sept. 2020 à 19 h 59
Chiggy
Edmundson would be our 2nd best LH defender. Only guy better on the left side is Chiarot.

1. I don't think you realize how bad he is. Legitimately one of the worst D in the league last year.

2. I don't think you realize that Mete and Kulak are also significantly better than him.

12 sept. 2020 à 21 h 37
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,369
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Also, does anyone know if he can play the right side?

nope but both Mete Romanov and Juulsen can play both side .... Mete on a lesser TOI and in a few games range. Romanov did skate as right few time in KHL per few source (did checkout if it was founded tho, but i trust the kid)
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2020 à 21 h 41
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: habitantlecolon
nope but both Mete Romanov and Juulsen can play both side .... Mete on a lesser TOI and in a few games range. Romanov did skate as right few time in KHL per few source (did checkout if it was founded tho, but i trust the kid)

Ok. I heard that Romanov could play the right side, but I’d rather he play on the left side so that he’s more comfortable in his first NHL season. Although he might have to if he makes the opening lineup, unless Kulak gets traded.
12 sept. 2020 à 22 h 14
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
1. I don't think you realize how bad he is. Legitimately one of the worst D in the league last year.

2. I don't think you realize that Mete and Kulak are also significantly better than him.

The guy never had a a minus year in the NHL. and had a significative contribution to St-Louis run for the cup, whatever some randow guy says on Twitter.
12 sept. 2020 à 22 h 14
Le patriote
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Ok. I heard that Romanov could play the right side, but I’d rather he play on the left side so that he’s more comfortable in his first NHL season. Although he might have to if he makes the opening lineup, unless Kulak gets traded.

if I were to trade a rookie Mete would be my first on the list ... now i'm not MB nor CJ to evaluate such!
12 sept. 2020 à 22 h 44
Le patriote
Quoting: jpsnow13
The guy never had a a minus year in the NHL. and had a significative contribution to St-Louis run for the cup, whatever some randow guy says on Twitter.

Ed played both playoff run with injuries LOL !! Carolina defensive system is a bliss compare to MTL and St-louis. here he is wanted like tatar
12 sept. 2020 à 23 h 16
Chiggy

When you pull out plus/minus and cite team success with him on a bottom pairing, then you really don't have much footing for your argument.

That wasn't a twitter rando. It was a former AHL coach. FYI.

I could also cite you the analytics too, but you don't seem like the type who will listen.
SkatinTintin, Random2152 et Goavs141 a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2020 à 23 h 37
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 122
Terrible player. Can't even imagine how bad the actual contract is going to be.

God help us.
12 sept. 2020 à 23 h 38
You know nothing JS
When you pull out plus/minus and cite team success with him on a bottom pairing, then you really don't have much footing for your argument.

That wasn't a twitter rando. It was a former AHL coach. FYI.

I could also cite you the analytics too, but you don't seem like the type who will listen.

That's why why GMs are not math doctorates. Thruth isn't always in numbers...

And an AHL coach has as much credibility as Mike Milbury.
12 sept. 2020 à 23 h 58
Chiggy
That's why why GMs are not math doctorates. Thruth isn't always in numbers...

And an AHL coach has as much credibility as Mike Milbury.

Enjoy Karl Alzner 2.0 lol
13 sept. 2020 à 0 h 8
You know nothing JS
Modifié 16 sept. 2020 à 9 h 49
Enjoy Karl Alzner 2.0 lol

Hater gonna hate. People said the same thing about Chiarot's contract last year and we now have a 3.5M first pairing guy.
13 sept. 2020 à 1 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 191
Don't think it's fair to compare the Hayes trade to this trade. At the end of the day, Montreal paid a 5th round pick for a 4/5 guy, I'll take that anyday of the week.

Joel is not a 4/5 guy, i wouldnt play him as a 7th d man
13 sept. 2020 à 4 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Goavs141
Joel is not a 4/5 guy, i wouldnt play him as a 7th d man

The St.Louis blues played him as a top 4 when they won the cup, and the Canes used him as a top 4 with one of the best d-cores in the league. I'll judge their opinions, thanks.
gainey_85 et Kelandry a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 10 h 50
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I voted for Montreal winning the trade, then I realized it's UFA rights, not RFA rights ...
13 sept. 2020 à 17 h 26
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Yeah at least we can just bury his contract. Thank god we didn't give him a NMC and our GM can manage the cap.

And be glad you didn't trade a pick for the negotiation rights for Alzner. I am not a fan of Edmundson he has a negative war and is only good as a 3rd pair d man and even then he makes bad decisions.
13 sept. 2020 à 19 h 59
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
love the mental gymnastics that the couple habs fans are doing to trying to convince themselves this trade was actually amazing

I bet all the metrics and statistics would be relevant to them if a certain other team tried to sign edmundson
13 sept. 2020 à 21 h 34
Le patriote
Quoting: mondo
love the mental gymnastics that the couple habs fans are doing to trying to convince themselves this trade was actually amazing

I bet all the metrics and statistics would be relevant to them if a certain other team tried to sign edmundson

the gymnastic is called chemistry where every american or canadian out there talk about point and cash ... icitte les francos savent c'est quoi un talent et quel usage on peut en bénéficier .... anyway ça jase encore trio 1 2 3 ou 4 alors que les unités sont désormais répartis sur un top9 ... Les anglos et les mathématiciens ont encore des données à découvrir je le crains!!!
14 sept. 2020 à 0 h 22
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I'm not sure how MB can justify this one. I totally understand the Allen trade, but this one is a head scratcher. If Romanov makes the team out of camp, won't Edmundson the 4th LHD on the depth chart at best?
14 sept. 2020 à 6 h 20
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
I'm a little concerned with what Bergevin is paying for players that should have only cost cap space. Allen isn't a great goalie, but he was great as a back up last year, however his $4.35M cap hit as a back up should have made him a 0 cost acquisition. The Blues got lucky he rebounded, but really that should have just brought the cost to move him to 0, not actually getting an asset back.

Now the Canes get a 5th for a guy they literally were going to let walk. Edmundson is a 3rd pairing LD who can maybe play some PK. I have no idea why a team would pay anything to beat the rush on a guy like this. With the cap space the Habs have, why not just offer him more money than anyone else? I mean is Edmundson going to command a 3-4 year deal ? Why not just pay him an extra $500k on a 2 year deal than anyone else was going to offer and save the 5th.

If this is a pre-cursor to how MB plans to weaponize the Habs cap space this offseason, I'm concerned. Montreal has a big opportunity to really gather assets and set themselves up. With a flat cap, and an upcoming expansion draft, Montreal should be focused on getting assets for players they can't re-sign, getting assets for useful but overpriced players, then trying to nab a few youngish players on the cheap from teams that can't protect them. Instead they are paying a 3rd and 5th for an overpriced back up goalie and the signing rights of a 3rd pairing D. These deals on their own aren't going to sink the Habs future, but there is a massive opportunity cost in not making any good deals over the next 12 months.
14 sept. 2020 à 8 h 13
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,143
What do you think the chances are that Edmundson actually ends up signing in MTL?
14 sept. 2020 à 9 h 33
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
He is going to October 9th anyways lol congrats on wasting a 5th round selection Montreal

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage