SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

jack adams

9 sept. 2020 à 20 h 0
burn the pegulas
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,293
torts was absolutely robbed of the jack adams award this season. he coached his ass off and took a team with no real offensive stars and led them to the playoffs. cassidy has a team filled with superstars...it’s not that hard to coach them. not surprised by this just annoyed.
Remus a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2020 à 21 h 32
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
The nhl awards are a joke
10 sept. 2020 à 1 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
The award is not necessarily given to the best coach. It's usually given to the coach of the team that exceeded expectations by the greatest margin. Cassidy was neither. Torts and Sullivan exceeded expectations by the greatest margin and Trotz is the best coach, imo.
15 sept. 2020 à 8 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: Brian2016
The award is not necessarily given to the best coach. It's usually given to the coach of the team that exceeded expectations by the greatest margin. Cassidy was neither. Torts and Sullivan exceeded expectations by the greatest margin and Trotz is the best coach, imo.

everyone had the bruins 3rd/4th in their own division at the start of the year. EVERYWHERE, analysts, fans, hell check most of the playoff predictions from august/september/october of 2019... Torts did an amazing job with columbus due to injuries and stuff but they have a solid team and lets not forget the season ended early. Columbus was a couple losses from not being in the playoffs in march. Are you really giving a team that misses the playoffs a jack adams? Sullivan still had SUPERSTARS as well. Malkin, Letang, etc. Crosby and guentzel got hurt. murray didnt prove to be a wagon yet again this year. Schultz didnt recover from his injury last year all that well and got injured again this year but the GM set that team up to fail by not mixing in enough youth with the vets.
15 sept. 2020 à 10 h 9
Démarrer sujet
burn the pegulas
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,293
Quoting: hanson493
everyone had the bruins 3rd/4th in their own division at the start of the year. EVERYWHERE, analysts, fans, hell check most of the playoff predictions from august/september/october of 2019... Torts did an amazing job with columbus due to injuries and stuff but they have a solid team and lets not forget the season ended early. Columbus was a couple losses from not being in the playoffs in march. Are you really giving a team that misses the playoffs a jack adams? Sullivan still had SUPERSTARS as well. Malkin, Letang, etc. Crosby and guentzel got hurt. murray didnt prove to be a wagon yet again this year. Schultz didnt recover from his injury last year all that well and got injured again this year but the GM set that team up to fail by not mixing in enough youth with the vets.

i'm confused here...are you trying to discredit torts for everything that he did this year? once panarin, duchene, and bob all left columbus last year every single person wrote the blue jackets off and said they had no chance in hell to make the playoffs. that team has no offensive superstars (i wouldn't call PLD a superstar just yet)...they have some good players but nothing great. torts absolutely carried a team that shouldn't of even been competitive to the playoffs. i don't know how you could argue against him. also, all the preseason rankings that i saw had the bruins winning the atlantic division...hard to bet against the defending eastern conference champions.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2020 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848

But they didnt miss the playoffs, Because of coaching, And your argument against the Pens...... The Perfection line was the best line in hockey and didn't even need to be coached. Tortz got robbed
15 sept. 2020 à 11 h 3
Quoting: Rangsey
But they didnt miss the playoffs, Because of coaching, And your argument against the Pens...... The Perfection line was the best line in hockey and didn't even need to be coached. Tortz got robbed

because the expanded it to 24 teams... in that aspect, chicago and montreal didnt miss the playoffs either, claude julien should get the jack adams!

one line doesnt make it invalid that cassidy shouldnt get the jack adams
15 sept. 2020 à 11 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
because the expanded it to 24 teams... in that aspect, chicago and montreal didnt miss the playoffs either, claude julien should get the jack adams!

one line doesnt make it invalid that cassidy shouldnt get the jack adams

Because you had so much depth scoring that he coached so well...... wait. How many different players did you have from the cup final last year? Hardly any? You had the same lineup. No hole. Everyone backed the Bruins. The Jackets lost their top 3 players. How does Boston do without the Perfection line? Poorly.
15 sept. 2020 à 11 h 40
Quoting: Rangsey
Because you had so much depth scoring that he coached so well...... wait. How many different players did you have from the cup final last year? Hardly any? You had the same lineup. No hole. Everyone backed the Bruins. The Jackets lost their top 3 players. How does Boston do without the Perfection line? Poorly.

bruins "lost" mojo, and truly lost acciari, then replaced 2 3rd line wingers a 4th line winger and a 2nd line winger... promoted grz to take on more of Z's role. developed both lauzon and clifton.

On columbus... they lost panarin which was a brutal loss in terms of production, but they could have sold him last season... instead they went all in and brought in duchene and dzingel. you cant really include either duchene or dzingel in their "lost" player column. Bobrovsky leaving was a blessing for them. They brought nyqvist in which lessens the blow lost from panarin, replacing a star true top line forward with a top 6 forward. not as if they didnt bring any one in.

I dont discount the job torts did but you cant give a jack adams to a coach whose team was a fringe playoff team that literally might have missed out if the season was played out.
15 sept. 2020 à 11 h 47
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Winning the Jack Adams just means you'll be sacked in 2 years.
hanson493 et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2020 à 11 h 57
Quoting: mondo

Hes already saying he has no idea what happens in the next few years lol.
15 sept. 2020 à 12 h 4
Quoting: chloewoj
i'm confused here...are you trying to discredit torts for everything that he did this year? once panarin, duchene, and bob all left columbus last year every single person wrote the blue jackets off and said they had no chance in hell to make the playoffs. that team has no offensive superstars (i wouldn't call PLD a superstar just yet)...they have some good players but nothing great. torts absolutely carried a team that shouldn't of even been competitive to the playoffs. i don't know how you could argue against him. also, all the preseason rankings that i saw had the bruins winning the atlantic division...hard to bet against the defending eastern conference champions.

No see my response to rangsey below.
15 sept. 2020 à 16 h 11
Quoting: chloewoj

I agree 100%. BOS was one W away from the Cup! Cassidy did a terrific job, but if Torts and Trotz hadn't won the award in the past, we wouldn't be having this conversation. CBJ is a bottom 5 team in the NHL on paper.
15 sept. 2020 à 16 h 14
Quoting: mondo

Exactly. The award does not signify the best coach. Just the coach whose team exceeded expectations by the greatest margin.
15 sept. 2020 à 19 h 16
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: Brian2016
Exactly. The award does not signify the best coach. Just the coach whose team exceeded expectations by the greatest margin.

If it were the best coach, Barry Trotz would just win every year.

I do think though, that some of the times, that mentality of voting for the underdog is valid. I’d say that the best coach is the coach that makes the biggest difference for their team. Tortorella & Trotz get the most they can out of their players, and have clearly have a profound impact on the fortunes of the team. Although this isn’t always the case, I don’t credit the Flyers’ résurgence to Alain Vigneault, but more to offseason additions & improving players.

The only reason Tortorella didn’t win this year is because the voters are biased reporters. And I’m not taking anything away from Cassidy, because he is certainly a well deserving finalist.
Brian2016 et Remus a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage