SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Sould the Habs sign Hall long term?

Should the Habs sign Hall for more then 5 years above $8.5 million?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

9 sept. 2020 à 10 h 41
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,224
My thought is that Hall would take a minimum of $8.5 million and 5 years to sign Hall, the long term ramifications of this would lead to Montreal making some choices. Domi, Tatar and Drouin would pretty much all be on the chopping block, Petry and Gallagher would also be at risk depending on Bergevins ability to shed contracts like Byron and Alzner.

And if you go deeper into contracts then Suzuki and Kotkaniemi have to be mentioned since thier contracts coming out of ELC may be even more interesting if Hall gets to play with one of them for a season and gets some chemistry. then you're looking at the same effect Tavares had to Marner in Toronto, Manrer wasnt a 10+ million dollar player before he put up 92 points on Tavares wing that one season. If the same thing happens, say Kotkaniemi all of a sudden puts up 65-70 points while centering Hall then his contract will jump up a couple million.

All of these factors add up and although I think it would be a positive to show that our team wants to compete it has to be done the right way. Bergevin would have to have a couple things happen to make sure it didnt gut the team:

Gallagher, Danuault and Petry sign extensions for MTL at team freindly deals. They all love MTL and think they would take a little cheaper deals.

Get positive trade value for Byron,

Tatar and Domi become expendable, this is because I think both are more trade able then Drouin. He has to goo youth on those deals and not take to much salary back

Hope the cap jumps up to around 85 million after the flat cap is done, this may happen with the expansion and gambling money coming in but wouldnt count on those large of increases yearly.

Those four things happen and the Habs can easily fit Hall along with the youngsters of Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov and Caufield.

Like to know everyone elses opinions
9 sept. 2020 à 12 h 51
HabsFan
Mentions "j'aime": 933
Quoting: Subbanator7667
My thought is that Hall would take a minimum of $8.5 million and 5 years to sign Hall, the long term ramifications of this would lead to Montreal making some choices. Domi, Tatar and Drouin would pretty much all be on the chopping block, Petry and Gallagher would also be at risk depending on Bergevins ability to shed contracts like Byron and Alzner.

And if you go deeper into contracts then Suzuki and Kotkaniemi have to be mentioned since thier contracts coming out of ELC may be even more interesting if Hall gets to play with one of them for a season and gets some chemistry. then you're looking at the same effect Tavares had to Marner in Toronto, Manrer wasnt a 10+ million dollar player before he put up 92 points on Tavares wing that one season. If the same thing happens, say Kotkaniemi all of a sudden puts up 65-70 points while centering Hall then his contract will jump up a couple million.

All of these factors add up and although I think it would be a positive to show that our team wants to compete it has to be done the right way. Bergevin would have to have a couple things happen to make sure it didnt gut the team:

Gallagher, Danuault and Petry sign extensions for MTL at team freindly deals. They all love MTL and think they would take a little cheaper deals.

Get positive trade value for Byron,

Tatar and Domi become expendable, this is because I think both are more trade able then Drouin. He has to goo youth on those deals and not take to much salary back

Hope the cap jumps up to around 85 million after the flat cap is done, this may happen with the expansion and gambling money coming in but wouldnt count on those large of increases yearly.

Those four things happen and the Habs can easily fit Hall along with the youngsters of Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov and Caufield.

Like to know everyone elses opinions

What would be a Friendly contract for Danault, Gally & Petry.
I have no problem with Danault @ 6M but can't see Petry with more than 3 year deal (same time that KK & Suzuki will cash in)
Both Gally & Petry are talking about 7-7,5M... Gally Sorry it's a NO and Petry for 2 years I can live with it but not any longer.
9 sept. 2020 à 13 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Subbanator
Mentions "j'aime": 3,224
Quoting: DomCholette
What would be a Friendly contract for Danault, Gally & Petry.
I have no problem with Danault @ 6M but can't see Petry with more than 3 year deal (same time that KK & Suzuki will cash in)
Both Gally & Petry are talking about 7-7,5M... Gally Sorry it's a NO and Petry for 2 years I can live with it but not any longer.

To me a deal for Petry would be 3x6 million. Gally would be a deal for anything under 7. Galleys term is what would worry me, like him to be a 5 year deal but if he wanted 7 years at closer to 6 million I think they do it
9 sept. 2020 à 21 h 21
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
These huge contracts usually end up as cap dumps sooner rather than later into the term. With a guy like Hall who hasn’t really proven he can produce in the playoffs, I honestly think we shouldn’t go for him. Yes, we wouldn’t have to give any futures up as we may have to for an elite winger. But I really don’t think we should make ourselves one of those top spenders who are always fighting to stay under the cap(looking at you, Bolts and Leafs).
Subbanator7667 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage