Forums/Armchair-GM

What is fair value for taking on salary dumps w the flat cap

Créé par: ISeeBlueHeLooks
Équipe: 2020-21 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 7 sept. 2020
Publié: 7 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
There seems to be quite a divide here when it comes to the value of taking on the bad contracts from contending teams. I'm interested in hearing from fans of the teams dumping contracts for cap space and other Wings fans as well. What they consider fair and realistic sweeteners for taking these contracts on. I'll list a few that come to mind and maybe some folks can fill in the blanks with what they consider fair compensation.
Transactions
DET
  1. Steen, Alexander
Détails additionnels:
With the understanding that he will be bought out, making him a free agent.
STL
DET
  1. Turris, Kyle
Détails additionnels:
Understanding that Turris has value as a player, but has a burdensome contract given $$ and term. I believe buying him out would cost Nashville $2 million a year for the next eight years. Getting that contract off their books, even retaining $1 million - $2 million over half that time would seem to have quite a bit of allure.
NSH
DET
  1. Russell, Kris
Détails additionnels:
With the understanding that he will be bought out, making him a free agent.
EDM
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de DET
Logo de SJS
Logo de EDM
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de EDM
Logo de DET
Logo de VGK
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $75 088 289 $0 $2 360 000 $6 411 711 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Predators de Nashville
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
874 125 $874 125 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance157 500 $$158K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance157 500 $$158K)
DD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DD
RFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 166 $894 166 $
DG
RFA - 1
775 833 $775 833 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
875 000 $875 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
6 083 333 $6 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,154
Modifié 7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 13
Higher premium than last year..

Cap is flat this year, but will also likely be flat for 2021-22 as well. So if Marleau, Backes took a 1st to move...I think we should anticipate some more of those.

Alzner and Russell won’t take that much because there is some flexibility there.
Steen probably as a say in where he goes, if he goes...so may put STL in tough spot.
Eriksson probably costs 1st and more...if team eats whole thing. Ladd will probably cost prospect.
Turris, could see wide range.
Alaskan_RedWing a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Won’t get anything from oilers for Russell.
7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 8
Oilers GM
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 566
Prolly a 3rd for Russell

He's one of those guys who are useful, but overpaid by about 3M. Has 1 year left and is only owed 1.5M real dollars, so probably a 3rd to get rid of his contract
RedWing9119 a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 15
LOCKEMUP
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
baertchi probably doesnt cost much, one year on a meh cap hit isint super crazy. Theyd have to pony up some actual value however to dump guys like beagle and roussell though
7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Did you even look into what a buyout on russell would look like? He would definitely be better to keep.
7 sept. 2020 à 14 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 185
Eriksson is a tough one. If his contract was 3mil he'd never miss a game, very skilled on the PK. He's useful, but not justifiable at 6mil

Canucks already gave up a 1st so losing another would be devastating for the future, even if it does get rid of Loui. imo, depending on the receiving team, I'd say Demko could get rid of his contract, but I've also seen other ACGM's that take his full contract for Virtanen and a 2nd.
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
I think you need to access each trade differently. What I mean is if you get a useful player (Bozak, Stepan, Turris) you have to determine their useful worth then multiply that by the amount of years (and account for regression if 30+ and multiple years) and difference between that and their contract is the dead weight. Just because a team will use the player doesn’t mean they want to pay the full cap hit similarly how people view plays with value contracts (MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Couts). The further out the futures are or the more restrictions (lottery protected) then the less valued
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 13
Mentions "j'aime": 1,224
Eriksson - Before Demko mania started, a lot of Red Wings and Canucks fans agreed that a Eriksson + Demko + 2nd could work however Demko will now be insanely overvalued, at least on Cap Friendly. I'd be willing to drop the 2nd to a 3rd/4th now, but I don't think Canucks fans will be on board with this trade anymore. If Demko isn't involved, I'd want a 1st coming back to Detroit with maybe a mid-round pick or prospect with equivalent value involved.

Baertschi - Probably a mid-round pick to dump.

Steen - The Blues won't move him unless they have to but I think fair value would be a 1st coming to Detroit with a 3rd going back. I've seen some Blues fans say they would be okay with this but only as a last resort to clear cap for Pietrangelo.

Turris - Not too sure about him. I've seen a lot of trades with Nashville using their 1st (11OA) to dump Turris but Predators fans have made it clear that they don't like that trade.

Alzner - I think Montreal will keep him since they're not that desperate for cap but I'd try and get a late 1st or two 2nds (preferably at least one of them from a bad team).

Russell - I'd want a late 2nd or 3rd to take him on but a better team that values him more as a player could take him for less and I don't think the Oilers would be willing to pay that price.

Ladd - I don't even know what I'd want for him. He's an interesting one since he could go on LTIR soon but you can't assume he will. The fact that he has 3 years left makes me want to stay away from him (I'd much prefer taking on guys with 1 or 2 years left). I wouldn't take him for less than two 1st's, or one 1st + a prospect with equivalent value to a 1st. I think the Islanders would be better off waiting a year to trade him.

Boychuk - I'd ask for a 1st + mid-round pick or prospect with equivalent value.
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 187
I was reading the beat writer on the athletics for the sens yesterdays and apparently to drop Boychuk & Ladd to easily resign all their RFAs it would cost them Dobson and more, which I doubt NYI would do.

below the final paragraph of the article, which leads to believe the Sens (Melnyk), is not really open to take many cap dumps on his team
"If any teams are going to convince the Senators to take any of their big contracts that trade package will have to be significant and may be too rich for any organisations to consider."
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 21
Boris Bagel
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 587
Habs are not trading Alzner, it's either back to AHL or a buyout
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 21
Red Wings
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Ladd – I don't know what DET would get back, but that Ladd contract is a disaster. At least Loui is somewhat usable, Ladd is a minor league player with Abdelkader. I don't think there is a single Islander prospect I would take for that. Maybe a 1st AND 2nd round pick in 2022 because of how deep that draft will be, but that is the floor.

Boychuck – Serviceable defenseman and good mentor to Seider, I think there might be 1st round pick for him just because of the length left. Depends how desperate Isles are to win-now.

Russell – Unlikely but maybe a 1st or 2nd round pick if we sent Glendening as well, who Holland loves and is a great 4th line player for cheap. Doubt EDM would accept but they should. Luke is great

Ericsson – DiPietro/Demko or a 1st round pick is the minimum. They really need to get rid of that contract because they have to sign Petterson and Hughes in the next 2 years with a flat cap.

Sven – 2nd or 3rd Round pick, unlikely they will send a decent prospect for him.

Steen – 2nd pick or a good prospect, he only has 1 year left and STL could just wait it out. Seems to be a good lockerroom guy.
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 22
Red Wings
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: alpine4life
I was reading the beat writer on the athletics for the sens yesterdays and apparently to drop Boychuk & Ladd to easily resign all their RFAs it would cost them Dobson and more, which I doubt NYI would do.

below the final paragraph of the article, which leads to believe the Sens (Melnyk), is not really open to take many cap dumps on his team
"If any teams are going to convince the Senators to take any of their big contracts that trade package will have to be significant and may be too rich for any organisations to consider."

Yeah one advantage DET has over OTT (both of which could really weaponize their cap space) is that Illitch's love to spend money on the Wings and trust Stevie. OTT could really do some damage if Melnyk wasn't cheap
7 sept. 2020 à 16 h 35
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
The Blues aren't paying anyone to buy Steen out, and I can only assume he's not waiving for Detroit. But taking him on is worth a decent 2nd rounder.
7 sept. 2020 à 18 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Blue
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 38
Quoting: Alaskan_RedWing
Ladd – I don't know what DET would get back, but that Ladd contract is a disaster. At least Loui is somewhat usable, Ladd is a minor league player with Abdelkader. I don't think there is a single Islander prospect I would take for that. Maybe a 1st AND 2nd round pick in 2022 because of how deep that draft will be, but that is the floor.

Boychuck – Serviceable defenseman and good mentor to Seider, I think there might be 1st round pick for him just because of the length left. Depends how desperate Isles are to win-now.

Russell – Unlikely but maybe a 1st or 2nd round pick if we sent Glendening as well, who Holland loves and is a great 4th line player for cheap. Doubt EDM would accept but they should. Luke is great

Ericsson – DiPietro/Demko or a 1st round pick is the minimum. They really need to get rid of that contract because they have to sign Petterson and Hughes in the next 2 years with a flat cap.

Sven – 2nd or 3rd Round pick, unlikely they will send a decent prospect for him.

Steen – 2nd pick or a good prospect, he only has 1 year left and STL could just wait it out. Seems to be a good lockerroom guy.

Quoting: mokumboi
The Blues aren't paying anyone to buy Steen out, and I can only assume he's not waiving for Detroit. But taking him on is worth a decent 2nd rounder.

Re: Steen...I'm curious if the Blues are ready to walk away from Pietrangelo. Looks like they have a bit under $6.5 million in cap space, and I'd assume they would want to re-sign Pietrangelo and give Dunn a decent sized bridge deal. They also need a back up goalie. What's the word on how they'll approach their situation?
7 sept. 2020 à 18 h 40
mokumboi
Quoting: ISeeBlueHeLooks
Re: Steen...I'm curious if the Blues are ready to walk away from Pietrangelo. Looks like they have a bit under $6.5 million in cap space, and I'd assume they would want to re-sign Pietrangelo and give Dunn a decent sized bridge deal. They also need a back up goalie. What's the word on how they'll approach their situation?

First, they don't need a back-up goalie. Husso will be promoted. Secondly, they have no intention of walking away from Petro, and with the Allen trade aren't that far off affording raises for Petro and Dunn. I'd guess that Bozak will be the next guy dealt, but it might have to wait a spell as he could have more value to a contending team.
7 sept. 2020 à 18 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Blue
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 38
Quoting: mokumboi
First, they don't need a back-up goalie. Husso will be promoted. Secondly, they have no intention of walking away from Petro, and with the Allen trade aren't that far off affording raises for Petro and Dunn. I'd guess that Bozak will be the next guy dealt, but it might have to wait a spell as he could have more value to a contending team.

I just meant that the $6.5 of cap space didn't include a back up goalie, that's all. Husso added definitely helps so they don't have to sign a vet. That takes them under $6 million in cap space...what do you think the Petro and Dunn contracts will be combined? $11-12 million? I was just curious their plan to clear the $5-7 million to get that done.
7 sept. 2020 à 19 h 7
mokumboi
Quoting: ISeeBlueHeLooks
I just meant that the $6.5 of cap space didn't include a back up goalie, that's all. Husso added definitely helps so they don't have to sign a vet. That takes them under $6 million in cap space...what do you think the Petro and Dunn contracts will be combined? $11-12 million? I was just curious their plan to clear the $5-7 million to get that done.

I would guess that Petro's deal will come in a little under Josi's, maybe something like 8.75M. The whole COVID situation obviously did not help his bargaining position.

Dunn is trickier. Total guesswork at this time. He does not have arbitration rights, so he's also not sitting in the best bargaining chair. If Steen somehow goes (trade, retirement, etc.), Dunn could get a fatter, longer deal. Maybe... 4x4 or thereabouts. If Steen doesn't go, he'll probably have to settle for a shirt bridge, maybe like 2x2.5. Like I said, for now a lot of guessing when it comes to Dunn.
ISeeBlueHeLooks a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage