SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Will Seattle be a Playoff team

In their first year, will the Kraken make the playoffs?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 sept. 2020 à 21 h 54
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
As we saw with Vegas, the expansion process in the 2010s has been very kind to teams. I’m not going to deny that George McPhee did an incredible job making his roster, I’m just saying that there were a lot of quality players exposed(Jonathan Marchessault, M-A Fleury, etc.)
IMO it’s likely that the Seattle Kraken come out of the gates flying. The NHL wants it’s expansion teams successful early, as to lure as many fans as possible as quickly as possible. I think Seattle will make the playoffs, but eventually fall short since it’s likely they:e going to be in the Pacific Division and they’ll be competing against the Oilers, Flames, Canucks, and maybe the Knights(it makes sense that one Pacific team will move to the Central division to even them out, and it’s not going to be Seattle since they’re literally on the ocean)

So, what do you think? Will the Kraken make the playoffs in their inaugural season?
7 sept. 2020 à 8 h 10
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I'd say let's wait to see their roster, but nobody would've picked Vegas to make the playoffs after seeing their roster. I'm gonna say No, they will not make the playoffs in their 1st season. The Pacific is gonna be much tougher in 2 years. Vegas will still be good, most likely. VAN will be stacked. EDM has McDavid and Draisaitl. And LAK and ANA are gonna be much further along in their rebuilds by then. Both could be playoff teams.

I think ARI will be the team that moves to the Central. Moving CGY would hurt the EDM/CGY rivalry.
Remus et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2020 à 9 h 56
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: Brian2016
I'd say let's wait to see their roster, but nobody would've picked Vegas to make the playoffs after seeing their roster. I'm gonna say No, they will not make the playoffs in their 1st season. The Pacific is gonna be much tougher in 2 years. Vegas will still be good, most likely. VAN will be stacked. EDM has McDavid and Draisaitl. And LAK and ANA are gonna be much further along in their rebuilds by then. Both could be playoff teams.

I think ARI will be the team that moves to the Central. Moving CGY would hurt the EDM/CGY rivalry.

Pretty sure it was confirmed Arizona is the one moving to the central
7 sept. 2020 à 9 h 57
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Don’t think they make it, what happened w Vegas was the perfect storm. Who knows, maybe Seattle could, but I highly doubt it
7 sept. 2020 à 13 h 59
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Yeah William Karlsson came out of nowhere to score 40G. No chance Seattle gets a top tier Center in the expansion draft. Obviously Karlsson wasn't a top Center when they picked him, but he was probably the team MVP in their 1st season. I would place the odds of Seattle making the playoffs right now at around 2-1 (33%). I thought Vegas was gonna be like 10-1, but the competitive balance is more apparent now than ever, especially with a flat cap.
7 sept. 2020 à 15 h 34
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
I don't think they will. With the money looking quite scarce around the league do this covid sh*t, I think Seattle will be gaining a load of future assets and eating bad contracts. To the point that their actual roster will probably look fairly short.

Also now that teams have more knowledge regarding the expansion draft after seeing how things happened with VGK, I think there will be less good options to be picked from each team. Because let's face it, VGK has an insanely good team while also having a load of future assets to build.

I think teams are not likely to make the same mistakes with Seattle.
7 sept. 2020 à 17 h 48
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: justaBoss
I don't think they will. With the money looking quite scarce around the league do this covid sh*t, I think Seattle will be gaining a load of future assets and eating bad contracts. To the point that their actual roster will probably look fairly short.

Also now that teams have more knowledge regarding the expansion draft after seeing how things happened with VGK, I think there will be less good options to be picked from each team. Because let's face it, VGK has an insanely good team while also having a load of future assets to build.

I think teams are not likely to make the same mistakes with Seattle.

How many teams are in a similar position to what the Blue Jackets and Panthers were in 2017?

(too many guys to protect)
7 sept. 2020 à 18 h 47
Démarrer sujet
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Quoting: EnvironmentalTwister
How many teams are in a similar position to what the Blue Jackets and Panthers were in 2017?

Tampa must have a ton of off-loading to do, especially if the re-sign Killarney or replace him with someone. At best, a guy like Verhaeghe goes to Seattle
7 sept. 2020 à 20 h 9
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: EnvironmentalTwister

Quite many actually, considering how many Expansion Draft Considerations trades VGK did back then.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage