SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(STL/MTL) - Allen and 2022 7th RD pick for 2020 3rd RD pick and 2020 7th RD pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 42
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,060
Imagine thinking this makes a difference to MTL getting better. You still aren't a playoff team and Allen's contract ends after this year so you are back to looking for a backup...
DDoverChucky a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 42
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,754
Whose gonna backup Binnington next year? Binnington didnt have a good year IMO.
And this doesnt solve Blues cap issues but does help.

Also feel Montreal should have got Allen for less than this.
They still have Lindgren and Primeau as well.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 43
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
JaKe AlLeN iS a CaP dUmP
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Imagine thinking this makes a difference to MTL getting better. You still aren't a playoff team and Allen's contract ends after this year so you are back to looking for a backup...

Imagine thinking this doesn't make Montreal better. Now we can play Price when we need to and not worry about losing games when our backup is playing. We aren't going to wear out Price because he can actually rest. If you don't understand this move than you don't understand hockey.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 47
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Quoting: Random2152
Allen was very good last year but you gotta think that MTL could have gotten him for less, or even negative value due to cap circumstances.

If I were a Habs fan, I'd be worried about this. Tying up 15 mil in goaltenders is a poor use of cap (spare me the obvious jokes) and this means they won't be spending money on parts of the roster they need to improve to be a consistant playoff team.

Honestly I think this is a lose-lose trade. MTL paid too much for too little value (backups don't contribute much) and STL lost their better goalie.

I agree.

IMO MTL would have been better just to sign a cheap UFA like Dell or Brossoit for half the money.

Also, I thought every team need to expose a goalie signed for the 2021-2022 season for Seattle?!?! Allen doesnt meet this requirement, so why trade for him?

I'M not a fan of Allen. not worth his 4M. Would have thought STL needed to give a candy for some team to pick him up. A win for them to get a 3rd.

I guess this means MTL wont sign any big UFA again this year...
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 49
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 122
Price getting traded?
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 49
Banni
Quoting: HabsForEver
Imagine thinking this doesn't make Montreal better. Now we can play Price when we need to and not worry about losing games when our backup is playing. We aren't going to wear out Price because he can actually rest. If you don't understand this move than you don't understand hockey.

I fully understand getting a backup but guess what, a backup goalie is far from your biggest issue. You have no scoring and getting a backup goalie doesn't help that.
Random2152 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 50
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Finally MTL gets a competent backup. Theyve been using Price way too much the past few years so this gives them another option to lighten some of Prices workload
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 50
You know nothing JS
Quoting: AndrewLadd
JaKe AlLeN iS a CaP dUmP

I hope you are right because he is better than I think and not because Bergy was robbed...
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
10M + 4M = 2 x Tukka Rask
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 51
Quoting: jpsnow13
I agree.

IMO MTL would have been better just to sign a cheap UFA like Dell or Brossoit for half the money.

Also, I thought every team need to expose a goalie signed for the 2021-2022 season for Seattle?!?! Allen doesnt meet this requirement, so why trade for him?

I'M not a fan of Allen. not worth his 4M. Would have thought STL needed to give a candy for some team to pick him up. A win for them to get a 3rd.

I guess this means MTL wont sign any big UFA again this year...

Aaron Dell and his .907% last year or his career .908?
Laurent Brossoit and his .895% last year or his career .906?
Neither goalies are good backup goaltenders and neither have nearly enough experience to take over if something happens to Price.

The Seattle requirement is a different story, we could always just resign Allen and he would meet the requirement. Why trade for him? because he's capable of playing plenty of games and actually being able to win games. This leaves Price well rested enough to where he can play like he did in this years playoffs.

Why would you expect Allen be a Cap Dump? Look at his stats.

Montreal still has 14 Million in cap space (still have to resign Domi), also how often does it work out for a team to sign a big UFA?
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 52
I fully understand getting a backup but guess what, a backup goalie is far from your biggest issue. You have no scoring and getting a backup goalie doesn't help that.

What makes you think this is the only move Bergevin will make this offseason? We still have 14 Million dollars in cap space and still have tons of picks and prospects if we want to get scoring. A Backup goaltender WAS one of our biggest needs and this finally solves it. A fully rested Price in the playoffs is dangerous.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 54
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Quoting: Random2152
Yeah, and you're paying them 15 mil. Do you really not see the problem here? If you don't I never want to hear you **** about the Leafs contracts ever again.

To be fair there's a difference ... Both goalie aren't signed for 7 years. I won't say that the deal's lopsided but Montreal has the cap space so..
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 55
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 112
Quoting: justaBoss
A win-win trade in my opinion.

It is. Canadiens get a very good backup goaltender to take pressure off of Carey Price, the Blues get some futures and more importantly clear his entire cap hit.

I don't think Armstrong makes this trade unless he thought he and Pietrangelo were close to a deal. So there's some silver lining there too. Jake was unfortunately a guy that was going to have to get moved to free cap space and moving his whole cap hit is a huge W for the Blues, and getting a 3rd round pick on top of it!
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 56
Quoting: Blueman96
It is. Canadiens get a very good backup goaltender to take pressure off of Carey Price, the Blues get some futures and more importantly clear his entire cap hit.

I don't think Armstrong makes this trade unless he thought he and Pietrangelo were close to a deal. So there's some silver lining there too. Jake was unfortunately a guy that was going to have to get moved to free cap space and moving his whole cap hit is a huge W for the Blues, and getting a 3rd round pick on top of it!

is it a W though? Now St.Louis has a very unproven goaltender in Binnington and no clear backup. They created a hole to try and resign Pietrangelo, that's bad GMing IMO
Trickster a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 56
Quoting: Trickster
Whose gonna backup Binnington next year? Binnington didnt have a good year IMO.
And this doesnt solve Blues cap issues but does help.

Also feel Montreal should have got Allen for less than this.
They still have Lindgren and Primeau as well.

Probably Ville Husso. Maybe a cheap UFA goalie, but Husso is likely ready, according to things I've read.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 57
Banni
What makes you think this is the only move Bergevin will make this offseason? We still have 14 Million dollars in cap space and still have tons of picks and prospects if we want to get scoring. A Backup goaltender WAS one of our biggest needs and this finally solves it. A fully rested Price in the playoffs is dangerous.

"fully rested Price in the playoffs..." Dude, you shouldn't have even had a chance to compete in the bubble this year! You are a long ways off an actual playoff birth!
Trickster et Random2152 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 57
is it a W though? Now St.Louis has a very unproven goaltender in Binnington and no clear backup. They created a hole to try and resign Pietrangelo, that's bad GMing IMO

If you want to keep Pietrangelo he was a guy that had to be moved. He had no trade protection, was a backup, and a $4.35 cap hit. It had to be done.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 58
"fully rested Price in the playoffs..." Dude, you shouldn't have even had a chance to compete in the bubble this year! You are a long ways off an actual playoff birth!

I think by us beating Pittsburgh in a best of 5, we earned our spot in the playoffs, but that doesn't matter. A rested Price gave us a chance to win every game vs Philly. Also that last part is false.
jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
If you want to keep Pietrangelo he was a guy that had to be moved. He had no trade protection, was a backup, and a $4.35 cap hit. It had to be done.

Thats Dunn secured.....for Pietrangelo you will need Bozak and Steen out.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
You can't pay this much for a backup when the starter makes as much as Price does
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 59

I get how important keeping Pietrangelo is, but you shouldn't be creating holes in your lineup to keep him. Trade Bozak/Steen. You will have to dump them and give up other assets, but you won't be creating holes in your lineup that will have to be filled at a later date.
2 sept. 2020 à 12 h 59
Quoting: DDoverChucky
You can't pay this much for a backup when the starter makes as much as Price does

Why can't you? Not like Montreal has a cap problem.
2 sept. 2020 à 13 h 0
You know nothing JS
Aaron Dell and his .907% last year or his career .908?
Laurent Brossoit and his .895% last year or his career .906?
Neither goalies are good backup goaltenders and neither have nearly enough experience to take over if something happens to Price.

The Seattle requirement is a different story, we could always just resign Allen and he would meet the requirement. Why trade for him? because he's capable of playing plenty of games and actually being able to win games. This leaves Price well rested enough to where he can play like he did in this years playoffs.

Why would you expect Allen be a Cap Dump? Look at his stats.

Montreal still has 14 Million in cap space (still have to resign Domi), also how often does it work out for a team to sign a big UFA?

Well Allen's stats were as average the last 2 seasons. Remember when STL was last in the league last year before Bennington came along? Hard to argue it wasn't because Allen was letting beach balls in....
Trickster a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 13 h 1
Quoting: jpsnow13
Well Allen's stats were similar the last 2 seasons. remember when STL was last in the league last year before Bennington came along? Hard to argue it wasn't because Allen was letting beach balls in....

I get where you're coming from. but Allen is also seasoned with 4 seasons as being the starter for St.Louis while putting up good enough stats. There is some longer term history that proves he can play good consistent hockey and won't get worn out playing over half of the season.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage