SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

BLM Holdouts - NBA Playoffs

31 août 2020 à 12 h 25
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 131
Quoting: mondo
it's not a good idea to walk towards the party that would feed you to a meat grinder if it means the nasdaq would go up a couple of points.

And you think Democrats care? Look at all those black communities which is actually what this debate was about. What party are they? Democrats. What have they done in those communities to help black people? Why do Democrats and mainstream media only care about guns whenever white kids are shot up? Where is the national attention when there is black shootings which happen more often? Black school shootings. Silence. White school shootings? National attention for a long time. Tell me how the Democrats are caring about those black communities where the “majority” of those homicides happen. But they care about the white kids that are shot with rifles that average a little over 300 a year.there is almost twice as many people killed with handguns in Chicago alone then their are people killed in the United States by rifles on a yearly basis. Why because they care more about controlling guns and “telling more bull****” about that as well. Both parties are terrible. It’s like choosing which piece of crap smells the best. And I would choose republicans over Democrats.
31 août 2020 à 12 h 39
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: JRoss
And you think Democrats care? Look at all those black communities which is actually what this debate was about. What party are they? Democrats. What have they done in those communities to help black people? Why do Democrats and mainstream media only care about guns whenever white kids are shot up? Where is the national attention when there is black shootings which happen more often? Black school shootings. Silence. White school shootings? National attention for a long time. Tell me how the Democrats are caring about those black communities where the “majority” of those homicides happen. But they care about the white kids that are shot with rifles that average a little over 300 a year.there is almost twice as many people killed with handguns in Chicago alone then their are people killed in the United States by rifles on a yearly basis. Why because they care more about controlling guns and “telling more bull****” about that as well. Both parties are terrible. It’s like choosing which piece of crap smells the best. And I would choose republicans over Democrats.

instead of asking a white canadian on capfriendly about black politics, you could look it up for yourself:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-so-many-black-voters-are-democrats-even-when-they-arent-liberal/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/22/black-americans-joe-biden-democratic-party-relationship

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/politics/black-americans-democrats-trump.html
31 août 2020 à 12 h 47
Modifié 31 août 2020 à 12 h 54
without even reading this information I can tell you bLack people have been taught to vote and support Democrats. When they are not supporting them they are uncle toms? Black republicans have lost many friends because of a political choice. I ended up reading it after and I was right
Now let’s look at Biden. How many black people are familiar with the 1994 act? Probably not many because they follow left leaning sites. Biden put black people in jail. Now look up the first step act.
31 août 2020 à 12 h 50

You don’t need to be a black American to have an opinion. Which is another liberal joke
When a white person agrees with the BLM it’s accepted. When a white person doesn’t they are racist and white and don’t understand.
When a black person supports the BLM movement it is accepted. When a black person doesn’t they are uncle toms and not accepted by the community.
You don’t need to be black or white to understand. You need to be educated. Saying you are white and can’t have an opinion is another way for the Democrat and their supporters to break down communication and prevent people from giving an opinion on the other side.
I’m a white male and I know more about what’s going on then probably 95% of black people.
So far you fail to continue to provide any information that proves any point. 99% of these conversations I have end in Democrats calling names like racist and not actually providing a shred of evidence supporting any opinion.
31 août 2020 à 12 h 54
torontos finest

I’m a white male and I know more about what’s going on then probably 95% of black people.

Alright, I'm leaving the thread. This Dunning–Kruger statement is going to lead into an area I do not wish to be apart of.
Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
31 août 2020 à 12 h 56
Alright, I'm leaving the thread. This Dunning–Kruger statement is going to lead into an area I do not wish to be apart of.

It’s because I’m winning, and you have no arguement. Happens everytime.
And you are offended by the “I know more than 95% of black people” it’s not because of black people. It’s because most people don’t follow politics. Black and white. Most people repeat what they are saying and not even know the answers or why they are saying it.
And once again using the Dunning-Kruger as a way to be condescending. Just another way that liberals talk. He is providing evidence and facts and I’ll call him a name
31 août 2020 à 12 h 57
torontos finest
It’s because I’m winning, and you have no arguement. Happens everytime.

No it's because you're inevitability going to say something racist.
McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
31 août 2020 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Choice A for both, by a mile. If you don't know they have a weapon or are an imminent threat, you're not justified in using deadly force. This should be really simple to figure out.

You're literally talking about fractions of seconds from seeing the knife to the person stabbing you with it. Real life isn't the movies. If Blake grabbed the knife in the car with intentions of using it (I'd assume he wasn't gonna cut up a turkey dinner for them with it) it would've taken exactly 1-2 seconds for him to stick it into that police officer. He wouldn't stand there and do little tricks with it for 5 seconds like its an Indiana Jones movie, he would've ****ing stabbed him. Then that officer would be dead and never see his family again and no one would care. Were they supposed to shoot him in that 1 second interval from them seeing the knife to the knife being lodged in the officers throat? Were they supposed to shoot him after he was stabbed? And even if there wasn't a knife the officer is supposed to put his life on the line to see what this goof is gonna pull out of his car after they'd just tazed him for resisting arrest?
JRoss a aimé ceci.
31 août 2020 à 13 h 5
No it's because you're inevitability going to say something racist.

It didn’t take long for you to prove my point that liberals always pull the racist card. Which again proves my point that people like you are actually breaking down conversation and preventing the opportunity for change in the black community.
Stop using the race card. What did I say that would make you beleive that I was racist or going to say something racist. Was it because you lost an argument Yes. Give me a second. I’ll ask my black wife and mulatto kids if I’m racist. You idiot. I still get called racist by people who even know that I have a black wife and kids. The same way people still call black people racist and Donald trump and Ben Shapiro nazis. Because they are either idiots or lost an argument and can’t provide evidence.
31 août 2020 à 13 h 7
torontos finest
What did I say that would make you beleive that I was [sic] going to say something racist.

It was when you said this:

31 août 2020 à 13 h 7
It didn’t take long for you to prove my point that liberals always pull the racist card. Which again proves my point that people like you are actually breaking down conversation and preventing the opportunity for change in the black community.
Stop using the race card. What did I say that would make you beleive that I was racist or going to say something racist. Was it because you lost an argument Yes. Give me a second. I’ll ask my black wife and mulatto kids if I’m racist. You idiot. I still get called racist by people who even know that I have a black wife and kids. The same way people still call black people racist and Donald trump and Ben Shapiro nazis. Because they are either idiots or lost an argument and can’t provide evidence.

I don't know dude saying that you're white and know more than 95% of black people about "what's going on" is a pretty bold statement
31 août 2020 à 13 h 10
"I’m a white male and I know more about what’s going on then probably 95% of black people."

Is that racist? I think you need to look up the term racist. I mean the actual definition. Not the liberal made up definition. 95% of people don’t follow politics enough to know what’s going on. I mentioned black because that’s what this conversation was about.
31 août 2020 à 13 h 11
torontos finest

Well,

1. I'm not a liberal
2. I "pulled the racist card" when you started getting racist by implying you know more about politics than most black people.
31 août 2020 à 13 h 12
Quoting: Jesus
I don't know dude saying that you're white and know more than 95% of black people about "what's going on" is a pretty bold statement
”bold” not racist. 95% of people don’t follow politics closely because it’s boring as ****. I said black peoples because that is actually what we are talking about. How many black people are familiar with the first step act or 1994 act for example? Maybe I was wrong. Maybe 90% of people don’t follow politics. Either way. My point is that just because you are black doesn’t mean you know more about what’s happening to me because I am white.
31 août 2020 à 13 h 14
Well,

1. I'm not a liberal
2. I "pulled the racist card" when you started getting racist by implying you know more about politics than most black people.

I probably know more about politics than 95% of black people. I also know more about politics than 95% of white people as well. But when you are saying I am white and can’t have an opinion or don’t know What I am talking about because of that th en I am going to speak up and say that I know more than a big majority of people.
31 août 2020 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 433
Quoting: Jesus
You're literally talking about fractions of seconds from seeing the knife to the person stabbing you with it. Real life isn't the movies. If Blake grabbed the knife in the car with intentions of using it (I'd assume he wasn't gonna cut up a turkey dinner for them with it) it would've taken exactly 1-2 seconds for him to stick it into that police officer. He wouldn't stand there and do little tricks with it for 5 seconds like its an Indiana Jones movie, he would've ****ing stabbed him. Then that officer would be dead and never see his family again and no one would care. Were they supposed to shoot him in that 1 second interval from them seeing the knife to the knife being lodged in the officers throat? Were they supposed to shoot him after he was stabbed? And even if there wasn't a knife the officer is supposed to put his life on the line to see what this goof is gonna pull out of his car after they'd just tazed him for resisting arrest?

I don't know how to put this any simpler, so I'll just reiterate one more time for you: use of deadly force is only justified when presented with an imminent threat. That's not a hypothetical possibility of a threat; an imminent threat.

I'm with mondo here though, this is a useless endeavor because you're talking in circles. I'm stepping away. Good luck with everything.
31 août 2020 à 14 h 21
I don't know how to put this any simpler, so I'll just reiterate one more time for you: use of deadly force is only justified when presented with an imminent threat. That's not a hypothetical possibility of a threat; an imminent threat.

I'm with mondo here though, this is a useless endeavor because you're talking in circles. I'm stepping away. Good luck with everything.

Not presented with an immediate threat? This is a pretty similar situation. Those cops got shot because they did what exactly what you said. Right around the one minute mark he resist arrest. The cops use the Taser and once again the taser is ineffective. Then he reaches into the car. That is why the cops are told to shoot. Because of people like this. Next time don’t resist arrest keep your hands up and comply. It’s quite simple actually. Those cops know that this guy Would Do anything so they don’t have to go to jail.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5821440327001#sp=show-clips
31 août 2020 à 19 h 23

If only you were the officer on the scene then everything would've worked out great, and you would've known exactly what to do in that split second when you don't know what the guy's reaching for and your brain panics because it doesn't want to die. You wouldn't have shot the guy resisting arrest who you had just tazed and told to stop multiple times whose walking over to his car to get something for some reason in the middle of being arrested because you'd think to yourself "use of deadly force is only justified when presented with an imminent threat". And then when he sticks the knife into your stomach because you hesitated to shoot and you're bleeding to death on the pavement you can be happy with how brilliant you are and how peacefully you handled the situation. Do I think the state should be killing people? No. Should the police be forced to wear body cams and use more nonlethal weapons and learn deescalation skills? Yes. But if that idiot had just did what the officers told him to do he wouldn't be paralyzed and I'm not losing any sleep over it. Did he deserve it? No. But if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Have a nice night buddy

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage