SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Mock v.1

2020 Mock v.1

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: jasondomitrovic
Publié: 17 août 2020 à 3 h 32
Description
This is assuming there are no trades and each team drafts in the same order.
17 août 2020 à 5 h 32
Nick
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 819
I can see why people think that Stutzle going 2nd overall. but IMO it’s a no brainer that Byfield is going 2nd to LA. Jake Sanderson won’t go that high. If DET really wants him, they can trade down or acquire a pick near them top 10. Raymond > Hotlz. Minnesota is definitely drafting Rossic, Perfetti or Lundell. Winnipeg is definitely taking Rossi/PerfettiLundell if they’re still available. Barron is a late first, eary second rounder in most mocks.
Leemer a aimé ceci.
17 août 2020 à 5 h 36
Démarrer sujet
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
Quoting: DriveFor25
I can see why people think that Stutzle going 2nd overall. but IMO it’s a no brainer that Byfield is going 2nd to LA. Jake Sanderson won’t go that high. If DET really wants him, they can trade down or acquire a pick near them top 10. Raymond > Hotlz. Minnesota is definitely drafting Rossic, Perfetti or Lundell. Winnipeg is definitely taking Rossi/PerfettiLundell if they’re still available. Barron is a late first, eary second rounder in most mocks.

Good points BUT NJ needs a scorer like Holtz and Jake Sanderson is WAY BETTER than people are thinking. I watch tape on him and he is an AWESOME Defensemen. Best D player who can play BIG minutes. I don't think he would get past pick #6.
Leemer et Beantown617 a aimé ceci.
17 août 2020 à 5 h 41
Nick
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
Good points BUT NJ needs a scorer like Holtz and Jake Sanderson is WAY BETTER than people are thinking. I watch tape on him and he is an AWESOME Defensemen. Best D player who can play BIG minutes. I don't think he would get past pick #6.

He is awesome, but he isn’t going 4 IMO. I think he should go after Drysdale. 7-12 is a fair range for him.
17 août 2020 à 5 h 48
Démarrer sujet
GM67
He is awesome, but he isn’t going 4 IMO. I think he should go after Drysdale. 7-12 is a fair range for him.

Could be but good GM's know that players like him don't come around that often. Perfetti is overrated and goes too high in mock drafts.
17 août 2020 à 5 h 49
Démarrer sujet
GM67

I like Barron a lot and hope he drops to my Penguins.
17 août 2020 à 6 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,530
Could be but good GM's know that players like him don't come around that often. Perfetti is overrated and goes too high in mock drafts.

Perfetti is definitely overrated but should still be a top 10 pick. Too much potential there for him to drop. I expect Sanderson to be good but him being committed to finishing a degree in University is still a relevant red flag. #4 is definitely too high for him and like @DriveFor25 said he should fall in the 7-12 range just because the top 6 (Lafreniere, Stuzle, Byfield, Drysdale, Rossi, Raymond) are all higher ceiling players. After that, outside of New Jersey you have a lot of teams that are looking for an NHL ready player in 1-2 years, not 4-5. So for me I have him dropping to 11 and being selected by Nashville, who has an aging d-core and a thin prospect pool on the back end. As for Barron, his situation is very similar to Lapierre. Both had season shortening health issues limiting their exposure and development. Barron has a pretty high ceiling and 1 year ago was apparently neck and neck with Drysdale. I think he will fall but will be in the 15-25 range.
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
17 août 2020 à 6 h 5
Démarrer sujet
GM67
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Perfetti is definitely overrated but should still be a top 10 pick. Too much potential there for him to drop. I expect Sanderson to be good but him being committed to finishing a degree in University is still a relevant red flag. #4 is definitely too high for him and like @DriveFor25 said he should fall in the 7-12 range just because the top 6 (Lafreniere, Stuzle, Byfield, Drysdale, Rossi, Raymond) are all higher ceiling players. After that, outside of New Jersey you have a lot of teams that are looking for an NHL ready player in 1-2 years, not 4-5. So for me I have him dropping to 11 and being selected by Nashville, who has an aging d-core and a thin prospect pool on the back end. As for Barron, his situation is very similar to Lapierre. Both had season shortening health issues limiting their exposure and development. Barron has a pretty high ceiling and 1 year ago was apparently neck and neck with Drysdale. I think he will fall but will be in the 15-25 range.

Nice points. Thanks for sharing.
17 août 2020 à 6 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,530
Nice points. Thanks for sharing.

Ill be posting a list in the next few days with some details, deciding how far down the first round I want to go as it gets harder to choose between players at around #20
17 août 2020 à 6 h 29
Nick
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

Agree with all of this. I think that Sanderson will “drop” a bit, because Minnesota and Winnipeg really need centers badly.
jasondomitrovic a aimé ceci.
17 août 2020 à 8 h 5
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125

Totally agree with your sentiments - Byfield is coming out of a proven over time demonstrated high competition league. While the German developmental league is catching up Stutzle hasn’t played against anywhere near the level of comp, that Byfield has faced. The world juniors were an anomaly IMO and Byfield is 8 months younger
17 août 2020 à 8 h 13
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125

I am not in agreement with you on Sanderson being top level - you look at their schedule and Des Moines, Sioux City, GreenBay, Fargo and the sampling of NCAA college teams they play against are not exactly hockey powerhouses despite what you catch on tape. Drysdale and even the QMJHL d-men are facing far more elite scorers. Sure his father is the well traveled Geoff and Jake probably interviews well but I think any team that selects him in the top 15 is reaching - he could very well fall to pick 15
17 août 2020 à 8 h 14
Devils Guy
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 361
I like it for Jersey getting Holtz. I just dont see Sanderson, Lundell or Barron going before Perfetti. I think Perfetti is going to be a top 5 pick.
17 août 2020 à 12 h 42
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Some NHL scouts have him at 3, so don’t be too surprised if he goes higher than you think he should.
17 août 2020 à 16 h 58
Nick
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Some NHL scouts have him at 3, so don’t be too surprised if he goes higher than you think he should.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I believe that Drysdale should go before him. As long as he goes after Drysdale, I don’t believe the team drafting him is making that a mistake.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
17 août 2020 à 17 h 10
Nick
Quoting: Leemer
Totally agree with your sentiments - Byfield is coming out of a proven over time demonstrated high competition league. While the German developmental league is catching up Stutzle hasn’t played against anywhere near the level of comp, that Byfield has faced. The world juniors were an anomaly IMO and Byfield is 8 months younger

Byfield also had a similar production to Laffy last year in the WJC. He is closer to Laffy than Stutzle IMO. I would be pissed if Stutzle goes to 3 since Byfield would be in the Habs’ division. That would be so scary to play against on a regular basis.
Leemer a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage