Forums/Armchair-GM

My most realistic team I will ever do

Créé par: DonkeyLips
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 9 août 2020
Publié: 16 août 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The Pens need changes. The only players that performed remotely close to as well as they should have were Crosby, Marino, and Jarry. There were a few others that played okay (Guentzal, Letang, Zucker), but not to level needed in a playoff series. The rest of the roster was miserable. Malkin was good, not great. The depth forwards provided nothing. The 4th line that was supposed to be one of the best defensive lines in the league was the biggest defensive liability on the team. The actual defense was a mess. Marino played above what anyone could have resonably expected. That is the only bright spot. Letang was good, but like Malkin, not great. Dumoulin left plenty of room for improvement. Pettersson, Schultz, and Johnson were flat out horrible. Schultz was by far the worst of the three. As much as everyone piles on Johnson the reality is that Schultz was probably their worst player in that series.

The penguins need a culture change. Not renewing the contracts of the assistant coaching staff is a start. As far as the players go the first step is letting all of their unrestricted free agents walk. Schultz is bad. Marleau is done. Sheary is inconsequential.
Outside of the goalies, the restricted free agents are also underwhelming. McCann has shown to have the most promise but had a very bad series against Montreal. He is not a core piece and could be used to get a good return. Simon has proven to be effective with Crosby and could be kept for cheap to provide depth and a reliable linemate for Crosby if need be. The rest of the group could be moved on from with ease.
It should be very clear that Matt Murray needs a change of scenery and could bring back a significant return. At his age he is far from washed up. With his experience and accomplishments teams will be willing to pay a real price to acquire his services. Jarry and DeSmith are more than capable of producing a great goalie tandem.
The biggest change needs to come with the core of the team. Crosby is going nowhere. Malkin is also going nowhere. That leaves Letang as the core player to be moved. It will be impossible to replace what he does on the ice, but changes must be made. A combination of Marino and Brodie could replace what Letang brought on the right side. The return for Letang would also be substantial. Domi would allow the pens to get back to the 3 center model they like so much and also bring in some grit they need. While Hornqvist still brings an element the pens need, he is losing a step, and sooner rather than later is going to loose the tenacity that makes him so valuable. Moving his contract would bring back draft picks and open up cap space to sign newly acquired players. Olofsson provides better scoring depth while Montour helps on the back end.

I'm sure I will get plenty of responses from other teams fans how their team will never make those trades. And really none of these trades are likely to happen at all. But all these trades do make some sense for each team.
Domi is due for a big raise. Montreal has a lot of center depth. The could move on from him to add to their d core.
Calgary is most likely going to loose Brodie for nothing this off-season. Here they are taking a risk in Bjugstad but he can stay healthy it is well worth the cost of nothing.
The Nashville trade is the most questionable of them all. They could also use a shake up.
Buffalo is getting a legit number 1 goalie. A young forward with potential and depth on the blue line.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
33 750 000 $
2925 000 $
1925 000 $
55 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
54 500 000 $
33 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Domi, Max [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (STL)
PIT
    Rights to TJ Brodie
    PIT
    1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (NSH)
    PIT
    1. Montour, Brandon [Droits de RFA]
    2. Olofsson, Victor [Droits de RFA]
    BUF
    1. McCann, Jared [Droits de RFA]
    2. Murray, Matt [Droits de RFA]
    3. Riikola, Juuso [Droits de RFA]
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de STL
    Logo de NSH
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $74 532 675 $0 $1 062 500 $6 967 325 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    894 167 $894 167 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 4
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 4
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DD
    UFA - 1
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 4
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    700 000 $700 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    16 août 2020 à 17 h 42
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 373
    Quoting: pharrow
    The 3rd pairing gave up like 60% of the goals during the MTL series. The problem was not Letang.

That same pairing also hamstrung the 2nd line as idiot Sullivan kept putting them out there with Malkin's group. Which was single handed the dumbest decision of the whole series next to his personnel decisions which were frankly atrocious.

The coach needs to go. That's the first step toward fixing this team. Thing is if they don't move him fast, he'll out last the window. And this team will never win again.

At no point in time was it mentioned that Letang was the problem. To make significant changes significant players need moved. Sullivan probably should go after the past two post seasons. But it has already been established that that isn't going to happen. Changing the core could and might still happen.
    16 août 2020 à 17 h 45
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: dzmets
    I am as happier with any of those options than I would be with acquiring Murray

Not wanting Murray is one thing, but having faith in ullmark and Hutton as the go to guys is just absurd.
    16 août 2020 à 17 h 53
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,340
    Quoting: DonkeyLips
    Good luck with that.

Ullmark had a .915 save percentage. He just has injury concerns. Hutton and Murray had a similar season this year. Another reason why this trade doesn’t make sense.
    16 août 2020 à 17 h 54
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,053
    Not wanting Murray is one thing, but having faith in ullmark and Hutton as the go to guys is just absurd.

Ullman was solid last year and has improved every year of his career. Hutton has been a solid backup throughout his career. He had an awful stretch last year while playing injured and is now healthy. If he just has a career average year and Ullmark improves slightly over last year like he has throughout his career then they are top half in the league in goaltending. Plenty good enough and about as much as any team can count on woth as unpredictable as goaltending is year to year
    16 août 2020 à 17 h 58
    Banni
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
    At no point in time was it mentioned that Letang was the problem. To make significant changes significant players need moved. Sullivan probably should go after the past two post seasons. But it has already been established that that isn't going to happen. Changing the core could and might still happen.

you don't fix what isn't broken. You fix what is broken.
    I think what he refers to as "significant" changes is more older player being moved out and younger players being moved in. AKA you expect to see Poulin and Hallander next year. Which frankly will be good for this team. Especially if they come with a nasty edge. Which is really what they need injected across their top 3 lines. Because it isn't there.
    16 août 2020 à 17 h 58
    Quoting: deys3232
    No he very much is not.

Matt Murray and Jusso Riikola are both better

A 30 goal scorer as a rookie is a much more attractive player than a 26 year old defenseman that has not even played a full NHL season and cannot beat out JJ for a top 6 position and a goalie who has ranked in the bottom of the league 2 of the last 3 seasons
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 5
    Rejoint: févr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,131
    I think anything involving olofsson is going to get shot down, and our needs up front are so obvious that just about any asset we move out has to have a competent forward coming back. So murray doesnt work here. Frankly goalies are the nhl equivalent of running back- if youve got one thats cheap, you are doing great, if you have to overpay to acquire or keep one, let somebody else do it. Im sure if we grab one off the scrap heap on the cheap (that doesnt have vision problems) and spend assets wisely on skaters in front, we are much much better off. Riikola might be intriguing for us, i dont know much about him, young shut down d are like that. Maybe something around riikola would work depending on cost, but it wouldnt be olofsson going back.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: pharrow
    you don't fix what isn't broken. You fix what is broken.
    I think what he refers to as "significant" changes is more older player being moved out and younger players being moved in. AKA you expect to see Poulin and Hallander next year. Which frankly will be good for this team. Especially if they come with a nasty edge. Which is really what they need injected across their top 3 lines. Because it isn't there.

And what older players get moved out? This whole team is broken. After the past 2 post seasons there is no denying that. They are just good enough to not trigger a rebuild and just bad enough to not get the results people want.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 12
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,670
    English your first language?

No, I am from Russia and mainly communicate through an google translate.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 17
    Banni
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
    And what older players get moved out? This whole team is broken. After the past 2 post seasons there is no denying that. They are just good enough to not trigger a rebuild and just bad enough to not get the results people want.

There are more than enough bodies to move out.
    You start with Marlaue, Sheary, Hornqvist, JJ, Schultz and Bjugstad.

that's like 1/3 the roster. not including goalies.

Lets not pretend there aren't pieces to move out.Hell 3 of them are out the door already, Bjugstad should be hard to move. so you just need to move 2 more.
    JJ admittedly can probably only be moved down to the AHL at this point. If he could have only played decently maybe they could have moved him.

But there is plenty of space to move guys out. Lets not pretend there isn't. I't basically 2/3 of a team which is why they can't win.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 22
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: dzmets
    A 30 goal scorer as a rookie is a much more attractive player than a 26 year old defenseman that has not even played a full NHL season and cannot beat out JJ for a top 6 position and a goalie who has ranked in the bottom of the league 2 of the last 3 seasons

We can word that another way:

A player that took until he was 25 to make the NHL and also hasn't played a full NHL season for a 24 yr old 2 time Stanley cup winning goalie.

They are both good players. That's how the trade works. Good player for good player. You can't trade bad players for good players.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 26
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,984

A player that took until he was 25 to make the NHL and also hasn't played a full NHL season for a 24 yr old 2 time Stanley cup winning goalie.

They are both good players. That's how the trade works. Good player for good player. You can't trade bad players for good players.

Except Murray has been bad 2 of the last 3 years. And let’s be real here, while he has his name on the cup and contributed to it, he was at any given time prolly the 10th or so most important Penguin while they were winning those cups. I don’t think you realize how dominate that team is up front that basically they can tell the goalie to not **** up and we’ll most likely win.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 28
    Sabres are elite
    Rejoint: juin 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,299
    Buffalo needs a goalie. There is no debate in that. They do give up a very good player in this deal. But they are getting back a proven number 1 goalie that can carry a team in the post season

You know nothing about players values. Matt Murray isn't a proven #1. Jarry stole that position this last season. Murray did not do well in the "playoffs" either. Clearly he didn't carry his team over the worst team in the play-in round. Olofsson was a rookie on pace for 30 goals, that's alot more valuable than a goalie, especially to a team like Buffalo. Also the fact that you are playing Olofsson on the 3rd line just goes to show you have no idea what kind of player he is.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: SalamiCheese
    No, I am from Russia and mainly communicate through an google translate.

What part of Russia are you in? How are you a sabres fan?
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 34
    What part of Russia are you in? How are you a sabres fan?

Are you an agent of the State Department? I will not tell you where I am. squinty smile

Well, because the NHL is the best league in the world. I started watching NHL games back in the late nineties, then played an NHL game on the PC, and started fans for Buffalo.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 38
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Lsendel3
    Except Murray has been bad 2 of the last 3 years. And let’s be real here, while he has his name on the cup and contributed to it, he was at any given time prolly the 10th or so most important Penguin while they were winning those cups. I don’t think you realize how dominate that team is up front that basically they can tell the goalie to not **** up and we’ll most likely win.

Quoting: Skyraider112
    You know nothing about players values. Matt Murray isn't a proven #1. Jarry stole that position this last season. Murray did not do well in the "playoffs" either. Clearly he didn't carry his team over the worst team in the play-in round. Olofsson was a rookie on pace for 30 goals, that's alot more valuable than a goalie, especially to a team like Buffalo. Also the fact that you are playing Olofsson on the 3rd line just goes to show you have no idea what kind of player he is.

How do you guys not realize the last time Buffalo was relevant in the NHL was when they had one of the top 5 goalies of all time? Now goalie isn't important at all.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 39
    Démarrer sujet
    Are you an agent of the State Department? I will not tell you where I am. squinty smile

Well, because the NHL is the best league in the world. I started watching NHL games back in the late nineties, then played an NHL game on the PC, and started fans for Buffalo.

Illegal immigrant? That would be cool.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 46
    Illegal immigrant? That would be cool.

LOL No, it was a joke that only Russians will probably understand. smile I live in Russia, in the city of St. Petersburg. There seems to be a city with that name in the USA, but ours is much larger.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 48
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: mhockey91
    I still think the biggest issue is the 3rd line and bottom pairing. here is a good article I read on addressing everything. Basically, we need our 3rd and 4th line to be able to contribute when our stars are cold. No one mentions the long cold streaks Crosby/malkin had during the 16 and 17 runs because our depth scoring covered for them when they were cold. I would be interested in Domi as a 3C tbh. very reminiscent of the HBK days of having a high octane third line, but not at the cost of Letang. hes too important to our D.

https://www.pensburgh.com/2020/8/13/21366146/how-much-change-do-the-penguins-need

I agree those are the two most noticable holes in the lineup, but to get embarrassed the way they did the past 2 off-seasons is a sign of bigger issues. The 3rd line and 3rd pair alone won't cause a legit team to look that out of place in the playoffs.
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 53
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
    I agree those are the two most noticable holes in the lineup, but to get embarrassed the way they did the past 2 off-seasons is a sign of bigger issues. The 3rd line and 3rd pair alone won't cause a legit team to look that out of place in the playoffs.

I still think Sully has to go. It looks like hes lost the room, similar to byslma at the end of his tenure. He'll be on a short leash to start next season.

Picture this:

Pens start next season 10-10-3, fire Sullivan, call up Vellucci, get on a hot run, win Stanley Cup.

book it
    16 août 2020 à 18 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: mhockey91
    I still think Sully has to go. It looks like hes lost the room, similar to byslma at the end of his tenure. He'll be on a short leash to start next season.

Picture this:

Pens start next season 10-10-3, fire Sullivan, call up Vellucci, get on a hot run, win Stanley Cup.

book it

I would have been fine moving on from him now. If they don't look anything but completely dominant come 25 games into the season he has to go.
    16 août 2020 à 19 h 0
    Démarrer sujet
    LOL No, it was a joke that only Russians will probably understand. smile I live in Russia, in the city of St. Petersburg. There seems to be a city with that name in the USA, but ours is much larger.

St. Petersburg? Never heard of it. Must not be that big of a place.
    16 août 2020 à 19 h 17
    St. Petersburg? Never heard of it. Must not be that big of a place.

Well he's bigger than Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston. grin
    16 août 2020 à 19 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Well he's bigger than Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston. grin

Gross
    16 août 2020 à 20 h 18

Matt Murray was a good player. I am not quite sure what has happened to his game. I don't want to trade a player who has been elite wherever he has played over the last few years for a player to put it kindly that has struggled. If Oloffson scores 30 the next 2 years and then scores 10, 20 and 10 the three years after that I would not expect anyone to want to trade a good player for him.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage