SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Habs targets

Habs targets

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Howisjulienstillhere
Publié: 11 août 2020 à 14 h 48
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-Power-Forward we need. Good character and decent skill
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Fast,agile, good hands, decent shot. Good passer
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseGood skater with hands and a great shot
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Weaker Laine
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The rest are rounds 2-7 options. Decent skill, good size and effort
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Good shot, always in front of the net
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Okay skill,tough and ph
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Huge, crushes people
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Think caufield, small, very good shot and hands
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Good shot and hands
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-Very good passer
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Very good passer,energy
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoRaw slkill, pressures the other team well, and can crush guys
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Big but weak for now, very good skater
15Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Small,energy, good skill centre
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Good shot and hands
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Big,fast,prettygood shot
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaSmall good hands and shot
19Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverBig,net front presence
20Logo de Flames de Calgary-Big but weak for now. Good break out passer. Maybe can run a pp
21Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkSmall,very good skater,very good hands
22Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Young and raw skill
23Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineVery good shot
24Logo de Stars de Dallas-Fine skill, but a player that goes to war with you
25Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Small,good hands and shot
26Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Small but physical and energetic
27Logo de Capitals de Washington-Good 2-way D
28Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa Baythese next guys are plus 1 and 2 Insane shot, good hands
29Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Small,very good vision,heart and soul payer
30Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Huge with great shot
31Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonBig With Very good shot
11 août 2020 à 14 h 52
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
GMs et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 15 h 18
Zuke is the goat
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,571
Rodion Amirov and Seth Jarvis both have a high ceiling imo. Braden Schneider would be a great take as well considering the age of both Petry and Weber on the right side. If you ask me tho, moving up into the top 12 would be a primarly objective. With the amount of picks and prospects we have, acquiring quality must be a priority
Remus, GMs et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 15 h 56
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Quoting: math731
Rodion Amirov and Seth Jarvis both have a high ceiling imo. Braden Schneider would be a great take as well considering the age of both Petry and Weber on the right side. If you ask me tho, moving up into the top 12 would be a primarly objective. With the amount of picks and prospects we have, acquiring quality must be a priority

Totally agree, we should find a way to jump to the top twelve. That would be great. I’d rather not trade Domi. Maybe we could ditch Tatar? He had great stats this season but may not next season, so we might as well trade him now when his value is as high as it is. I think we should target Quinn and Lundell at eleven and twelve

If we lose to Philly and stay where we are, IMO the best pick would be Foerster. @Howisbergevinstillhere put it pretty well: “Weaker Laine”. The dude can snipe, and hopefully we can round out his weaknesses, like his skating. If we get him in the first, we can draft mostly defencemen in the second.
I love Jake Neighbours and am confident Bergevin likes him too. We’ve done good with second round Dmen, so Neighbours and hopefully either Wallinder or Grans will round out our top Dmen for this draft.

Why I didn’t mention Holloway and Jarvis is I doubt they’ll be available at sixteen or seventeen. If they are, would love to have either of them(I might still rank Foerster ahead of Holloway, though)

Agree with @math731 that Schneider would be a great pick and probably the best defenceman that we could get at sixteen/seventeen

I think both Sokolov and Simoneau would fit really well with us, so third or fourth round fliers is what I’m hoping for them
math731 et GMs a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: math731

Not too sold on amirov. He’s talented but doesn’t seem to have that one thing that can make him a 30 goal scorer like forester and Perrault or a 60+ point guy like Jarvis. I like Schneider but I left him off my list as I think that Holloway or Jarvis would be more important pieces to add than Schneider
11 août 2020 à 16 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: HabsFan9
Totally agree, we should find a way to jump to the top twelve. That would be great. I’d rather not trade Domi. Maybe we could ditch Tatar? He had great stats this season but may not next season, so we might as well trade him now when his value is as high as it is. I think we should target Quinn and Lundell at eleven and twelve

If we lose to Philly and stay where we are, IMO the best pick would be Foerster. @Howisbergevinstillhere put it pretty well: “Weaker Laine”. The dude can snipe, and hopefully we can round out his weaknesses, like his skating. If we get him in the first, we can draft mostly defencemen in the second.
I love Jake Neighbours and am confident Bergevin likes him too. We’ve done good with second round Dmen, so Neighbours and hopefully either Wallinder or Grans will round out our top Dmen for this draft.

Why I didn’t mention Holloway and Jarvis is I doubt they’ll be available at sixteen or seventeen. If they are, would love to have either of them(I might still rank Foerster ahead of Holloway, though)

Agree with @math731 that Schneider would be a great pick and probably the best defenceman that we could get at sixteen/seventeen

I think both Sokolov and Simoneau would fit really well with us, so third or fourth round fliers is what I’m hoping for them

Tough to say if Holloway will be there. Power forward that everyone will love but lack of production early might scare some teams off. I love forester as he has an insane **** but guys like Holloway don’t come around everyday and he’s someone that everyone needs
11 août 2020 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Shouldn't this be on the Habs forum?
11 août 2020 à 17 h 49
Fan of the OHL
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Good update and thanks for posting- I’m not big on Bordeleau At all - I feel that The usdp is overrated. Brisson is just ok for me not a standout. Holloway and Jarvis are in a dead heat for me - if we get Jarvis then we absolutely need one of Neighbours or Cuylle as a subsequent pick. Wallinder or Grans have upside on the D - hope one of the 2nd round picks takes one for the gamble. Heineman, Weisblatt and Robbins are good 3rd round picks. I would not overlook Daemon Hunt as a LHD addition- he had an injury derailed junior season
Perhaps we could use our cap room for some trade up potential to some target picks
Howisjulienstillhere a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 17 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Leemer
Good update and thanks for posting- I’m not big on Bordeleau At all - I feel that The usdp is overrated. Brisson is just ok for me not a standout. Holloway and Jarvis are in a dead heat for me - if we get Jarvis then we absolutely need one of Neighbours or Cuylle as a subsequent pick. Wallinder or Grans have upside on the D - hope one of the 2nd round picks takes one for the gamble. Heineman, Weisblatt and Robbins are good 3rd round picks. I would not overlook Daemon Hunt as a LHD addition- he had an injury derailed junior season
Perhaps we could use our cap room for some trade up potential to some target picks

I like bordeleau raw skill. Forget the points and competition for a second. He has a pretty quick and accurate shot with good hands. He could be a middle six forward who gets some pp time.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
For the 1st round pick, obviously other than the top 12, I’d go with whoever is remaining out of Mercer, Jarvis, Holloway, or Schneider. If Askarov is somehow available at 16, and the other 15 are gone, that would be a lot tougher. Maybe Perreault, maybe Guhle. Probably Guhle, although him being a LHD isn’t ideal. I definitely wouldn’t take Foerster at 16th. I agree that he’s like a weaker Laine, and I’m not sure that’s the type of player I would want in the mid 1st round.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
For the 1st round pick, obviously other than the top 12, I’d go with whoever is remaining out of Mercer, Jarvis, Holloway, or Schneider. If Askarov is somehow available at 16, and the other 15 are gone, that would be a lot tougher. Maybe Perreault, maybe Guhle. Probably Guhle, although him being a LHD isn’t ideal. I definitely wouldn’t take Foerster at 16th. I agree that he’s like a weaker Laine, and I’m not sure that’s the type of player I would want in the mid 1st round.

What order would you go at 16
11 août 2020 à 18 h 12
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
What order would you go at 16

That’s hard, because I like them all for different reasons. Jarvis is the most skilled, although he doesn’t really fit the habs’ needs as well as the big Holloway. Schneider is hard to compare since he’s a defenseman. So I’ll say:

1. Dylan Holloway
2. Seth Jarvis
3. Braden Schneider
4. Dawson Mercer

But honestly it’s so close, and I’d be happy to get any of them.
Howisjulienstillhere et Leemer a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 13
Démarrer sujet
That’s hard, because I like them all for different reasons. Jarvis is the most skilled, although he doesn’t really fit the habs’ needs as well as the big Holloway. Schneider is hard to compare since he’s a defenseman. So I’ll say:

1. Dylan Holloway
2. Seth Jarvis
3. Braden Schneider
4. Dawson Mercer

That would be my order as well
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 19 h 51
Fan of the OHL
Mentions "j'aime": 125

1. Dylan Holloway
2. Seth Jarvis
3. Braden Schneider
4. Dawson Mercer

Make that a third person to agree with you on the top 3 - although we don’t “need a Centre” , I would put Zary as BAP ahead of Mercer even though Mercer made the world junior team.
I am against picking Askarov- he will be on the bench for quite awhile - Prices contract is virtually immovable due to the term and amount. Ridiculous suggestion by someone earlier that he could go to the Kraken to be closer to home and waive his NMC - that’s a significant reason to go to a rebuild? (The gms have learned from the Vegas experience not to make them into an immediate contender) I don’t see Price as an expensive backup to an ascending Askarov in 4 years and I want a first rounder that could help us in year 3 as a minimum. Askarov can also make more short term money in the khl vs an entry level nhl contract so that scares me too on him coming here as a backup to learn under Price.
11 août 2020 à 20 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Make that a third person to agree with you on the top 3 - although we don’t “need a Centre” , I would put Zary as BAP ahead of Mercer even though Mercer made the world junior team.
I am against picking Askarov- he will be on the bench for quite awhile - Prices contract is virtually immovable due to the term and amount. Ridiculous suggestion by someone earlier that he could go to the Kraken to be closer to home and waive his NMC - that’s a significant reason to go to a rebuild? (The gms have learned from the Vegas experience not to make them into an immediate contender) I don’t see Price as an expensive backup to an ascending Askarov in 4 years and I want a first rounder that could help us in year 3 as a minimum. Askarov can also make more short term money in the khl vs an entry level nhl contract so that scares me too on him coming here as a backup to learn under Price.

Mercer has more raw skill than Zary. Zary is a good at all but master of none. That’s just my take but I’d have Mercer ahead of Zary
Kotkaniemi15 et Leemer a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 20 h 4
Former Hockey Fan

Yeah, picking Askarov wouldn’t work. And I just like Mercer’s game more than Zary. Mercer is just good at everything. And the centre/winger flexibility is a big plus for him.
Leemer et Howisjulienstillhere a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 21 h 10
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Quoting: Moose85
Shouldn't this be on the Habs forum?

if it doesn't interest you, don't click on it
Remus a aimé ceci.
12 août 2020 à 12 h 20
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
I think you're very optimistic on some of those guys to fall to our second round picks (Peterka, Reichel, Wallinder and Greig all have first round projections) and you've missed some potential targets in later rounds;
Jack Finley's a poor man's Quinton Byfield that could be targeted in the second round. Long term project (Only 17) but he tripled his offensive totals from his first WHL year and he's one big boy (6'5", 210). As of now his comparable could be anything between Boyle and Getzlaf (Lots of untapped potential).
Bogdan Trineev's a big a physical winger displaying high hockey IQ and good feet, need some time to improve his stickhandling and size but could be a middle six power forward.
Theodor Niederbach went on a roll with a PPG this year after spending last year on the bench because of an injury, high IQ/playmaking but need to work on the rest.
Brock Faber's a very good stay at home defender with untapped offensive potential, could be a steal if he turn's the corner offensively.
Brett Berard's undersized but he plays with Gallagher/Marchand style and tenacity. His motor never stops running and he can display high end IQ at both end of the ice, could become a nice Gallagher replacement with time.
Thimo Nickl makes an excellent outlet first pass, he adapted extremely well/fast to the NA rink size and has a very good offensive potential.
Oliver Suni has everything to be the next Lehkonen (With more size) as he displays excellent defensive and skating abilities but his offensive upside's average.
Remus a aimé ceci.
12 août 2020 à 15 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ColonelX
I think you're very optimistic on some of those guys to fall to our second round picks (Peterka, Reichel, Wallinder and Greig all have first round projections) and you've missed some potential targets in later rounds;
Jack Finley's a poor man's Quinton Byfield that could be targeted in the second round. Long term project (Only 17) but he tripled his offensive totals from his first WHL year and he's one big boy (6'5", 210). As of now his comparable could be anything between Boyle and Getzlaf (Lots of untapped potential).
Bogdan Trineev's a big a physical winger displaying high hockey IQ and good feet, need some time to improve his stickhandling and size but could be a middle six power forward.
Theodor Niederbach went on a roll with a PPG this year after spending last year on the bench because of an injury, high IQ/playmaking but need to work on the rest.
Brock Faber's a very good stay at home defender with untapped offensive potential, could be a steal if he turn's the corner offensively.
Brett Berard's undersized but he plays with Gallagher/Marchand style and tenacity. His motor never stops running and he can display high end IQ at both end of the ice, could become a nice Gallagher replacement with time.
Thimo Nickl makes an excellent outlet first pass, he adapted extremely well/fast to the NA rink size and has a very good offensive potential.
Oliver Suni has everything to be the next Lehkonen (With more size) as he displays excellent defensive and skating abilities but his offensive upside's average.

Id be shocked if someone used a first on Grieg. As for reichel and peterka yes the chances aren’t great that they are available but I still like them and if a trade happened or they were available I’d target them.
Have you watched any of the guys you’ve named above because I wouldn’t use a pick on any of them. I’ve watched them play and there’s nothing much worth anything
12 août 2020 à 15 h 48
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Have you watched any of the guys you’ve named above because I wouldn’t use a pick on any of them. I’ve watched them play and there’s nothing much worth anything

I'd say it comes down to personal likings at this point. Taking Finley as an example here but a guy with his size scoring a PPG at his age (Started the season basically right after his 17th birthday) is worthy of a late second rounder as a boom or bust pick to me, he may have some flaws -like any prospects outisde of the top 8- but his intangibles makes him someone I'd target. I'm in love with many of your listed prospects (Villeneuve, Robins and Grans especially) but still thought there was some missing that could become solid NHLers but once again it's to each their own to agree or not.
I'm not high either on Greig but even if he isn't the flashy pick he's a safe one, should make the NHL on the long run.
12 août 2020 à 16 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ColonelX
I'd say it comes down to personal likings at this point. Taking Finley as an example here but a guy with his size scoring a PPG at his age (Started the season basically right after his 17th birthday) is worthy of a late second rounder as a boom or bust pick to me, he may have some flaws -like any prospects outisde of the top 8- but his intangibles makes him someone I'd target. I'm in love with many of your listed prospects (Villeneuve, Robins and Grans especially) but still thought there was some missing that could become solid NHLers but once again it's to each their own to agree or not.
I'm not high either on Greig but even if he isn't the flashy pick he's a safe one, should make the NHL on the long run.

I was probably a bit rough with my response. I think that after round 1 I look for huge jump out at you talent. Jack Finley is nice but he can’t skate that well and his skills are okay, he reminds me of mcCarron from Habs past. I’ll take ovchinikov as an example, he’s small but his skating is high end, he has great hands, good vision and fantastic creativity.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage