SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Post play in round thoughts

11 août 2020 à 13 h 58
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
Modifié 11 août 2020 à 17 h 46
Leafs should definitely have beaten the Blue Jackets but that ship has sailed now.

A couple of things definitely hindered us :

-Defence
Especially once Muzzin went down, it was difficult to watch at times.
Barrie and Marincin together were a horror show and I would have preferred to give a guy like Rosen a chance.
Rielly infuriated me at times, he made some good plays and the some bad ones... not an elite NHL d man like.
Our best D man was easily Holl all series.
Game 1 with Muzzin... man he made 3 to 4 mistakes that made me rage pretty hard.

-Andersen
I felt overall he played good enough to win but still lacked that 1 big save in the pivotal moments.

-Offence
Man hard to believe we couldn't score and got shutout 2 different times considering out top6.
I did not like going with more than 10 minutes of Matthews, Tavares, and Marner together in game 5. I get it, trying it for a bit but I would have preferred double shifting Matthews and Tavares instead of having Nylander at 2nd line C.

I still do not believe there will be any big changes.
The expansion draft is throwing a wrench in our ability to add a D man to this team.
The year to make a move for one will be once the expansion draft is over.
I am no longer against trading Rielly, I dont think is a #1 D man.

Would love to hear some constructive thoughts.
@palhal @jamiepo @onex @Sign_em_up000000 @jack_ @tomato43 @random2152 @SammyT_51 @OldNYIfan

Any one else feel free to also comment too.
OldNYIfan et oneX a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 14 h 19
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,013
I thought that the backbreaker goal in Game 5 was awful, but other than that, I think Andersen played about as well as could be expected given that defense.

You're right that from the moment Muzzin was injured, the Leafs were on the ropes. When the offense disappeared, Toronto was cooked.

I know that this is going to be hard to hear, but I sense the same lack of commitment in the Maple Leafs as I see in one of my own two local teams. I recall the first game in which the Ducks faced official elimination from the playoffs last (2018-2019) season. I expected Anaheim to come out with at least some fire and pride, but other than Ondrej Kase, all of them laid down and died and Anaheim got blown out 5-0. I saw no desperate intensity Sunday night. The Kings, on the other hand, almost always play like it's Game 7. I wonder how much of that is coaching.

Speaking of which, none of us were at practice, but I just don't understand why Tavares-Matthews-Marner seemed like a good idea. To me, it smelled of panic, and had to be unsettling.

Despite the recent spate of Marner and Nylander ACGM trades, I don't see any major changes during the off-season, either. Andersen can't be moved for a new number one goalie because then he or Campbell would be at risk. Despite the results, the top 9 are very high quality and there are sufficient prospects to fill out the forward roster so that no moves are necessary except those forced by cap considerations. So the main question will be how Dubas addresses the defense.
Trickster et oneX a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 14 h 20
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Best Dman all series was Dermott, and it wasn’t close. I thought he played perfectly. Physical and agile.
Trickster, OldNYIfan et oneX a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 14 h 41
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,626
As you probably know I've been the #1 guy on the trade rielly train. While the defense wasnt exactly the problem this series Rielly is what's wrong with the leafs. The leafs overall issue is team defense, guys like Rielly, Barrie and even hyman to an extent are all offense no defense. I hope I dont sound crazy here but if you replace the players who are weak defensively with strong defensive players... you become a better defensive team. I dont believe the leafs should just go all in on defense like CBJ or Dallas has but at some point they've got to fix it. Rielly needs a very specific partner to get the absolute best out of him. He needs a gudas type guy but that'll move rielly down to the 2nd pair or a parayko/ekblad guy but we know how expensive those guys are. I'm a huge dermott fan, his ability to play a tight gap in transition and his puck moving ability is special. He is the type of defensemen that the leafs should be wanting to build around.

The leafs need more from their depth. I'm really high on Johnsson's ability to become a 60 point winger beside AM or JT so selling low on him is a terrible idea. I also like kerfoot but I dont see what kapanen does for this team. This year he didnt provide for the leafs in any area really. He could easily be replaced by Ho-sang, Barabonov or Puljujarvi after a summer of development with the leafs.

Hyman is the same thing with Kapanen. He is decent offensively and his puck pursuit is amazing but he can be replaced with cheaper guys. His next contract will be a big overpay and I'm not sure hes worth all that. Hes not good defensively at 5v5, hes great on the PK but the leafs already have a ton of forwards for that.

Clifford doesnt provide much more then what Matt Martin would and wouldnt force them to move up 30ish spots in the draft. I would much rather see them get Marchment back and put him in that spot then have them bring Clifford back.

Freddie was decent but so many of those goals were so so so weak. People have been talking about his sv% being good this series but it could have been so much better. Every series the leafs have been in Freddie has been out played by the opposing goalie.

If I was gm I'd go into next season with a roster looking like
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Kerfoot - Puljujarvi
Marchment/Brooks - Engvall - Spezza
Dermott - The guy they trade for Rielly (Ekblad, Parayko...)
Muzzin - Holl
Lehtonen - Gudas/Tim Heed or someone like that.
Markstrom - Campbell

On one hand if they seriously want to make a deep run I believe they need to make some moves to readjust their core to stylistically improve their team but on the other hand they got goalied and probably shouldnt do anything too irrational. A sub 2% shooting percentage at 5v5 is unlucky and not repeatable. They shouldnt trade marner unless they get a similar caliber FORWARD on an ELC or on a cheap deal that would allow them to sign Peitrangelo.
Trickster, OldNYIfan, oneX and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 14 h 47
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,190
This entire season for Toronto was a mixed bag, and to be honest I'm a little bit glad it's over and done with. I'm not happy they didn't end up in the playoffs proper, though.

The Columbus series saw Korpisalo and Merzlikins combine for a 1.05 GAA and a 7.82 GSAA at 5v5, both lowest and highest in the playoffs. Additionally, the Maple Leafs were shooting at 1.97% 5v5, lowest in the playoffs. Columbus won because Korpisalo and Merzlikins played at elite levels.

Defensively, Toronto was not terrible during the series, but it should be a major consideration for next season. Ceci and Barrie are probably gone, which means Dermott, Holl, Sandin and Lijegren will need to step up. Bringing someone in will require moving a forward.

Andersen was great, but statistically he was average in regards to the rest of the playoffs. I don't believe he should be blamed for anything in the series, even that howler in game 5.

Offensively, even though Columbus's netminders decided to have a vezina level series, there was a lot to be desired. I was impressed with Matthews, Tavares, the fourth line (Spezza, Engvall, Clifford) and Kerfoot during the series. Everyone else didn't play great. It's likely because Korpisalo and Merzlikins stopped everything that was thrown at him, though.

Next year, I believe the top 4 will be back in Toronto, and one or two of the third liners will be shipped out. Keefe had a great first season and I hope we see him as coach for a foreseeable future. Dubas is safe for at least next year.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 20
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Modifié 11 août 2020 à 17 h 40
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I thought that the backbreaker goal in Game 5 was awful, but other than that, I think Andersen played about as well as could be expected given that defense.

You're right that from the moment Muzzin was injured, the Leafs were on the ropes. When the offense disappeared, Toronto was cooked.

I know that this is going to be hard to hear, but I sense the same lack of commitment in the Maple Leafs as I see in one of my own two local teams. I recall the first game in which the Ducks faced official elimination from the playoffs last (2018-2019) season. I expected Anaheim to come out with at least some fire and pride, but other than Ondrej Kase, all of them laid down and died and Anaheim got blown out 5-0. I saw no desperate intensity Sunday night. The Kings, on the other hand, almost always play like it's Game 7. I wonder how much of that is coaching.

Speaking of which, none of us were at practice, but I just don't understand why Tavares-Matthews-Marner seemed like a good idea. To me, it smelled of panic, and had to be unsettling.

Despite the recent spate of Marner and Nylander ACGM trades, I don't see any major changes during the off-season, either. Andersen can't be moved for a new number one goalie because then he or Campbell would be at risk. Despite the results, the top 9 are very high quality and there are sufficient prospects to fill out the forward roster so that no moves are necessary except those forced by cap considerations. So the main question will be how Dubas addresses the defense.

I am not against trading Andersen away.
We are only delaying the inevitable by putting it off a year anyway.

Are the goalie options better now than a year from now? Kinda seems so. I know this might not be popular opinon but I'm ready to offer a 2nd and a prospect for Georgiev.

Hes young, could be good and we can get it him signed at half the cost of Andersen.
OldNYIfan, oneX et tomato43 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 23
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Modifié 11 août 2020 à 17 h 42
Quoting: Jamiepo
Best Dman all series was Dermott, and it wasn’t close. I thought he played perfectly. Physical and agile.

I liked his play too, he made 1 or 2 mistakes that made me cringe for sure but who didnt?

I wanna stand behind my statement of Holl was the best.
And I have zero interest in trading him and I also have zero interest in trading Dermott.

Even co-workers shared the same opinon on Holl so I know I'm not alone.
GenXHockey, oneX et tomato43 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 29
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Trickster
I liked his play too, he made 1 or 2 mistakes that made me cringe for sure but who didnt?

I wanna stand behind my statement of Holl was the best.
And I have zero interest in trading him.

Even co-workers shared the same opinon so I know I'm not alone.

Not for trading any Dmen. If we could pick up a solid rhd this summer I would run

Rielly unicorn
Muzzin Dermott
Sandin Holl

If lehtonen is good I think you rotate him in. My opinion is Dermott>Holl. Holl made plenty of mistakes out there and he isn’t quick and agile like Dermott.

Dermott has all the skill of gardiner with a better head and physical play.... and he can play the right side.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 32
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Modifié 11 août 2020 à 17 h 37
Quoting: Jack_
As you probably know I've been the #1 guy on the trade rielly train. While the defense wasnt exactly the problem this series Rielly is what's wrong with the leafs. The leafs overall issue is team defense, guys like Rielly, Barrie and even hyman to an extent are all offense no defense. I hope I dont sound crazy here but if you replace the players who are weak defensively with strong defensive players... you become a better defensive team. I dont believe the leafs should just go all in on defense like CBJ or Dallas has but at some point they've got to fix it. Rielly needs a very specific partner to get the absolute best out of him. He needs a gudas type guy but that'll move rielly down to the 2nd pair or a parayko/ekblad guy but we know how expensive those guys are. I'm a huge dermott fan, his ability to play a tight gap in transition and his puck moving ability is special. He is the type of defensemen that the leafs should be wanting to build around.

The leafs need more from their depth. I'm really high on Johnsson's ability to become a 60 point winger beside AM or JT so selling low on him is a terrible idea. I also like kerfoot but I dont see what kapanen does for this team. This year he didnt provide for the leafs in any area really. He could easily be replaced by Ho-sang, Barabonov or Puljujarvi after a summer of development with the leafs.

Hyman is the same thing with Kapanen. He is decent offensively and his puck pursuit is amazing but he can be replaced with cheaper guys. His next contract will be a big overpay and I'm not sure hes worth all that. Hes not good defensively at 5v5, hes great on the PK but the leafs already have a ton of forwards for that.

Clifford doesnt provide much more then what Matt Martin would and wouldnt force them to move up 30ish spots in the draft. I would much rather see them get Marchment back and put him in that spot then have them bring Clifford back.

Freddie was decent but so many of those goals were so so so weak. People have been talking about his sv% being good this series but it could have been so much better. Every series the leafs have been in Freddie has been out played by the opposing goalie.

If I was gm I'd go into next season with a roster looking like
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Kerfoot - Puljujarvi
Marchment/Brooks - Engvall - Spezza
Dermott - The guy they trade for Rielly (Ekblad, Parayko...)
Muzzin - Holl
Lehtonen - Gudas/Tim Heed or someone like that.
Markstrom - Campbell

On one hand if they seriously want to make a deep run I believe they need to make some moves to readjust their core to stylistically improve their team but on the other hand they got goalied and probably shouldnt do anything too irrational. A sub 2% shooting percentage at 5v5 is unlucky and not repeatable. They shouldnt trade marner unless they get a similar caliber FORWARD on an ELC or on a cheap deal that would allow them to sign Peitrangelo.

Good thoughts.

The main thing I'm realizing is that Rielly is NOT elite.
Elite d man dont play like he did.
Ceci was not even the worst guy on the ice, that guy was easily Barrie and then probably Marincin.
Not that I like Ceci to be honest.

Kapanen started to show some grit towards the end of the regular season but in the play in round, I agree he was a dud.

Hyman, man I wish he had a little more finish.
Overall he will likely be cap casualty and gone at the very least as a UFA.

I like what Clifford brings, but this draft is deep and I ma fascinated by few guys that will be available with 3rd round pick so in short the only way I'm bringing him back is on tryout.
Maybe that's harsh, but it is what is.

If you had to consider a replacement for Andersen, what route would you go and who? The time for this decision will be here soon enough.

Where do you see Sandin fitting?
Jack_ et oneX a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 35
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: mondo
This entire season for Toronto was a mixed bag, and to be honest I'm a little bit glad it's over and done with. I'm not happy they didn't end up in the playoffs proper, though.

The Columbus series saw Korpisalo and Merzlikins combine for a 1.05 GAA and a 7.82 GSAA at 5v5, both lowest and highest in the playoffs. Additionally, the Maple Leafs were shooting at 1.97% 5v5, lowest in the playoffs. Columbus won because Korpisalo and Merzlikins played at elite levels.

Defensively, Toronto was not terrible during the series, but it should be a major consideration for next season. Ceci and Barrie are probably gone, which means Dermott, Holl, Sandin and Lijegren will need to step up. Bringing someone in will require moving a forward.

Andersen was great, but statistically he was average in regards to the rest of the playoffs. I don't believe he should be blamed for anything in the series, even that howler in game 5.

Offensively, even though Columbus's netminders decided to have a vezina level series, there was a lot to be desired. I was impressed with Matthews, Tavares, the fourth line (Spezza, Engvall, Clifford) and Kerfoot during the series. Everyone else didn't play great. It's likely because Korpisalo and Merzlikins stopped everything that was thrown at him, though.

Next year, I believe the top 4 will be back in Toronto, and one or two of the third liners will be shipped out. Keefe had a great first season and I hope we see him as coach for a foreseeable future. Dubas is safe for at least next year.

Thanks for sharing and I apologize for not tagging you.

What are your thoughts on Rielly and Muzzin?
I really didnt want Muzzin resigned, felt we need a younger and more mobile guy.
11 août 2020 à 16 h 36
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Jamiepo
Not for trading any Dmen. If we could pick up a solid rhd this summer I would run

Rielly unicorn
Muzzin Dermott
Sandin Holl

If lehtonen is good I think you rotate him in. My opinion is Dermott>Holl. Holl made plenty of mistakes out there and he isn’t quick and agile like Dermott.

Dermott has all the skill of gardiner with a better head and physical play.... and he can play the right side.

How do you think adding a D man fits VS the expansion draft?
What about Rielly? Any thoughts on moving on from him? OR extending him?
oneX a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 17 h 14
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,190
Thanks for sharing and I apologize for not tagging you.

What are your thoughts on Rielly and Muzzin?
I really didnt want Muzzin resigned, felt we need a younger and more mobile guy.

Rielly and Muzzin are the two best defenders. I'm still not comfortable with trading Rielly, I think the fact he was here during the dull years brings a lot more experience and perspective than most of our forwards. He's still around for a couple more seasons, so moving him isn't an immediate need, and selling low will be unacceptable.

This team is much better with Muzzin than without. I can definitely understand wanting to go after someone younger, but with Muzzin, we're guaranteed and forceful shutdown defenseman that's able to complement a mobile and often risky offense. Toronto would have to move further assets in order to aquire someone younger or take a shot at free agency where options are limited and our resources are tight.
Trickster et oneX a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 17 h 53
Kings v5 GM
Good thoughts.

The main thing I'm realizing is that Rielly is NOT elite.
Elite d man dont play like he did.
Ceci was not even the worst guy on the ice, that guy was easily Barrie and then probably Marincin.
Not that I like Ceci to be honest.

Kapanen started to show some grit towards the end of the regular season but in the play in round, I agree he was a dud.

Hyman, man I wish he had a little more finish.
Overall he will likely be cap casualty and gone at the very least as a UFA.

I like what Clifford brings, but this draft is deep and I ma fascinated by few guys that will be available with 3rd round pick so in short the only way I'm bringing him back is on tryout.
Maybe that's harsh, but it is what is.

I'd you had to consider a replacement for Andersen, what route would you go and who? The time for this decision will be here soon enough.

Where do you see Sandin fitting?

Personally I would like to see Sandin and Liljegren get another year in the ahl. Both are probably ready but at this point I wouldnt want to be risking anything with them.

I love Marincin as a 7th defensemen but nothing more. His ok ability and defensive game is something the leafs really lack, especially his long stick but he isnt a top 6 guy. I didnt even mind ceci in game 4 and besides a few bad plays in game 5 he wasnt horrible but I dont want to see him back. Barrie doesnt provide anything to this team. I'm glad to see him go.

The thing with rielly is that he can be an elite guy if he has a good partner that complements him but at this point its looking pretty unrealistic. Unless they are able to get that guy for him I would be happy to trade him for a guy that might not be statistically as good as rielly but would help the leafs more then rielly would.

I'm a huge fan of Markstrom as you may know. Hes been a top 5 goalie in the nhl this year and wont command a whole lot. Lehner could be a possibility but that isnt likely because he'll cost so much. Murray could be a cheaper option who Dubas has experience with because of that time they spent together in Sault St Marie. The best thing the leafs could do is shore up their D core and rely on a good, cheap tandem like a lot of teams are turning towards. Teams like CBJ and Carolina have decided that instead of spending on goaltending they would just improve the defense infront and go with a tandem of guys who dont seem as good but do well because they arent really being challenged and theres very little risk by going in that direction. I hope they go that route because they could get Ullmark (who I love) out of buffalo and run a Ullmark-Campbell tandem that would cost them well under 5 million total and be just as good.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 6
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Personally I would like to see Sandin and Liljegren get another year in the ahl. Both are probably ready but at this point I wouldnt want to be risking anything with them.

I love Marincin as a 7th defensemen but nothing more. His ok ability and defensive game is something the leafs really lack, especially his long stick but he isnt a top 6 guy. I didnt even mind ceci in game 4 and besides a few bad plays in game 5 he wasnt horrible but I dont want to see him back. Barrie doesnt provide anything to this team. I'm glad to see him go.

The thing with rielly is that he can be an elite guy if he has a good partner that complements him but at this point its looking pretty unrealistic. Unless they are able to get that guy for him I would be happy to trade him for a guy that might not be statistically as good as rielly but would help the leafs more then rielly would.

I'm a huge fan of Markstrom as you may know. Hes been a top 5 goalie in the nhl this year and wont command a whole lot. Lehner could be a possibility but that isnt likely because he'll cost so much. Murray could be a cheaper option who Dubas has experience with because of that time they spent together in Sault St Marie. The best thing the leafs could do is shore up their D core and rely on a good, cheap tandem like a lot of teams are turning towards. Teams like CBJ and Carolina have decided that instead of spending on goaltending they would just improve the defense infront and go with a tandem of guys who dont seem as good but do well because they arent really being challenged and theres very little risk by going in that direction. I hope they go that route because they could get Ullmark (who I love) out of buffalo and run a Ullmark-Campbell tandem that would cost them well under 5 million total and be just as good.

Markstrom age not worry you?
He is basically the same age as Andersen.
He is playing good but how long more can he sustain it?

Murray's injury history and his play this year is red flag.
Screams stay away to me.

Ullmark is interesting, perhaps Sabres will make a panic move and trade him to please Eichel.

I have heard many say that Rielly needs the right partner, does this magically D partner exist? And even then, is that man available for the Leafs to get? I am convinced the answer to at least one of these questions is no. That is why I want to trade Rielly.
Jack_ a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 22
Once a Kings Fan Too
Here's an outside-the-box fantasy: MacKenzie Weegar and Florida's 2020 first to Anaheim, Hampus Lindholm to Toronto, Morgan Rielly to Florida.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 37
Just Keep Swimming
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Here's an outside-the-box fantasy: MacKenzie Weegar and Florida's 2020 first to Anaheim, Hampus Lindholm to Toronto, Morgan Rielly to Florida.

But, how does this help anything?
11 août 2020 à 18 h 48
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Random2152
But, how does this help anything?

Read through the posts again. It responds to Jack's and Trickster's objections to Rielly.
11 août 2020 à 18 h 55
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel

Do you think Lindholm is better than Rielly??
I dont get to see enough Ducks games to know.
11 août 2020 à 19 h 0
Once a Kings Fan Too
Do you think Lindholm is better than Rielly??
I dont get to see enough Ducks games to know.

I'm not saying he's better . . . I'm saying he's a different kind of player from Rielly. Rielly is much better offensively but Lindholm is much better defensively, and I think that's what you're looking for. Meanwhile, all during last off-season and into December of 2019 Dale Tallon kept talking about how he wanted a partner for Aaron Ekblad.
11 août 2020 à 19 h 9
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: mondo

Andersen played well in this series but my gripe with him is/was that even in the games Toronto won, he let in that had no business going in. I can confidently say that Andersen let in one goal each game that he should have had. Playing well is great but his counterpart always seemed one goal better even when Leafs won.

Quote:

I feel both these guys need to get stronger, at least some upper body strength. NHL is a rough and tumble league you gotta have some strength to roll with the punches. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these guys should start the season with the Marlies.

Quote:
=Jack_;1626177]
Barrie doesnt provide anything to this team. I'm glad to see him go.
Quote:

He was the worst D out there because at least Ceci and Marincin made some positive plays some of the time, I can't even say that about Barrie.

Quote:
=Jack_;1626177]

Markstrom's age and Murray's injury history don't give you some pause in thinking tho?
Trickster et Jack_ a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 20 h 12
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: oneX
Andersen played well in this series but my gripe with him is/was that even in the games Toronto won, he let in that had no business going in. I can confidently say that Andersen let in one goal each game that he should have had. Playing well is great but his counterpart always seemed one goal better even when Leafs won.

Markstrom's age and Murray's injury history don't give you some pause in thinking tho?

Absolutely but they are less risky then Andersen with his injury history, age and the sheer amount of games hes played with the leafs. At some point in the near future all this will catch up to him like it did with Talbot out in Edmonton and we know how that turned out.

I absolutely agree with what you said about Lilly and Sandin. Both have the talent level and are good enough to step in if they wanted too but I'd like to see them bulk up. If they are going to make in impact they will need to pk and work on their puck retrieval ability.
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 20 h 20
Kings v5 GM
Markstrom age not worry you?
He is basically the same age as Andersen.
He is playing good but how long more can he sustain it?

Murray's injury history and his play this year is red flag.
Screams stay away to me.

Ullmark is interesting, perhaps Sabres will make a panic move and trade him to please Eichel.

I have heard many say that Rielly needs the right partner, does this magically D partner exist? And even then, is that man available for the Leafs to get? I am convinced the answer to at least one of these questions is no. That is why I want to trade Rielly.

Markstrom is around the same age but he hasn't played as many games. Hes hit 60 twice and who knows how many he'll play this year but hes a lot healthier and in much better shape then Freddie is in.

Murray isnt a great option but I can see him as an option just because of the relationship with Dubas. It's kind if like the Campbell acquisition.

Based off complimentary styles Parayko, Ekblad and Severson would all do really well with Rielly imo. Even gudas would be a great pickup but those two would be a good 2nd pair, not top. I'm not a fan of pesce like some are. He wasnt good defensively at all this season. When looking at the cap in the long term it would be most beneficial to trade Rielly imo, it would also be better for them right now.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 22 h 28
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,635
Modifié 11 août 2020 à 22 h 33
Game 5. Leafs probably had the better of play. Hit a couple of posts. First goal, unintentional deflection but Anderson allowed a softie on the second.
Thought it was "crazy" to insert Nylander at centre in deciding game. He gets a penalty....by not making a proper change (too many men). Nylander loses the draw on the first goal.

Changes for next season. I can't see being able to much. due to their cap situation (like most teams). So the only trades will be basically just an exchange of cap.
Anderson is in last season as a Leaf.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 août 2020 à 23 h 30
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: palhal
Game 5. Leafs probably had the better of play. Hit a couple of posts. First goal, unintentional deflection but Anderson allowed a softie on the second.
Thought it was "crazy" to insert Nylander at centre in deciding game. He gets a penalty....by not making a proper change (too many men). Nylander loses the draw on the first goal.

Changes for next season. I can't see being able to much. due to their cap situation (like most teams). So the only trades will be basically just an exchange of cap.
Anderson is in last season as a Leaf.

What did you think of how our defence played?
11 août 2020 à 23 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Another thing that bothered me was adding Johnsson to the lineup. If he was in mid-season form, I got no problem with that decision but he was not and Robertson looked like he was doing more than some guys in the lineup.

That is still bugging me. Tell me I'm wrong.
palhal a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage