Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1681 500 000 $61 033 133 $0 $8 062 500 $20 466 867 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AD
RFA - 2
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 700 000 $5 700 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
DG/DD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 août 2020 à 18 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 240
Immediately a yes
8 août 2020 à 18 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Quoting: BLIvingston33
Immediately a yes

How about for kunin instead?
8 août 2020 à 18 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 240
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
How about for kunin instead?

Nope, one of only two right-hand forward shots on the Wild roster. Kunin is basically untouchable at this moment.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Fans might be a yes, but I think the Wild GM says no. This trade will just expose goalie KK or Georgiev in the expansion draft (really throws a wrench into team building with goalies) next year. I also think Greenway is a guy Wild management are high on and it would be harder to get him than Donato.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
Quoting: wabit
Fans might be a yes, but I think the Wild GM says no. This trade will just expose goalie KK or Georgiev in the expansion draft (really throws a wrench into team building with goalies) next year. I also think Greenway is a guy Wild management are high on and it would be harder to get him than Donato.

KK has yet to prove anything, georgiev has, it really shouldn't be a debate
8 août 2020 à 19 h 30
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
KK has yet to prove anything, georgiev has, it really shouldn't be a debate

Then take KK to NYR and send a prospect Wild's way. Problem solved.

At the moment NYR has no goalie to protect if they move Georgiev.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
Quoting: justaBoss
Then take KK to NYR and send a prospect Wild's way. Problem solved.

At the moment NYR has no goalie to protect if they move Georgiev.

They can sign any random body
8 août 2020 à 19 h 32
What in tarnation
They can sign any random body

Still won't solve the issue for MIN.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
yes.....

It's not a contest

Yes.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
Still won't solve the issue for MIN.

It gives them a future starter, that solves an issue
8 août 2020 à 19 h 35
What in tarnation
It gives them a future starter, that solves an issue

But do they need him when they have Kähkönen though?

Stalock works as a placeholder for a while.

Also nothing prevents them from signing a FA themselves.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
Quoting: RazWild
yes.....

It's not a contest

Yes.

I'll tell you what I told him, how about kunin or JEE?
8 août 2020 à 19 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
But do they need him when they have Kähkönen though?

Stalock works as a placeholder for a while.

Also nothing prevents them from signing a FA themselves.

how many UFA goalies are as young and have as much room to grow? And hes better and has more potential than kahkonen, just MO
8 août 2020 à 19 h 38
What in tarnation
how many UFA goalies are as young and have as much room to grow? And hes better and has more potential than kahkonen

Better for now, but I disagree about the potential. Kähkönen haven't had his chance to prove himself in NHL yet.

Point still stands in my opinion. Until they check the Kähkönen card I don't see the point of investing for another young goalie.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 47

I disagree, it makes a certain amount of sense to throw a wrench into things. But this time it's in the Wild's favor. Think about it. By the expansion draft, Dubnyk is off the books, and the Wild have 3 goalies in our system of note. Stalock, Kahkonen, and Georgiev.

Robson is RFA this off-season. Georgiev is definitely a better goalie prospect than Robson is. That already gives us better depth than we had before.

Move Robson out for a pick somewhere. Protect Kahkonen, leaving both Stalock and Georgiev exposed. They take Stalock because of his contract, we can run Kahkonen and Georgiev in tandem post ED. They take Georgiev, It's Kahkonen and Stalock. We also send a pick with them ensuring they leave our forwards and defenseman alone.

Easy peasy.

Some food for thought.
8 août 2020 à 19 h 57
I'll tell you what I told him, how about kunin or JEE?

JEE is our best center currently. So not a chance in hell on that one, my friend.

Kunin is as was already stated one of our few RHS's, and has captain material written all over him. He was also was one of our lone bright spots during these play in games. So I'd have to say it's a hard no there too.

I'd be comfortable throwing a pick on top of Greenway for Georgiev if you thought it was necessary though.
8 août 2020 à 20 h 21
I disagree, it makes a certain amount of sense to throw a wrench into things. But this time it's in the Wild's favor. Think about it. By the expansion draft, Dubnyk is off the books, and the Wild have 3 goalies in our system of note. Stalock, Kahkonen, and Georgiev.

Robson is RFA this off-season. Georgiev is definitely a better goalie prospect than Robson is. That already gives us better depth than we had before.

Move Robson out for a pick somewhere. Protect Kahkonen, leaving both Stalock and Georgiev exposed. They take Stalock because of his contract, we can run Kahkonen and Georgiev in tandem post ED. They take Georgiev, It's Kahkonen and Stalock. We also send a pick with them ensuring they leave our forwards and defenseman alone.

Easy peasy.

Some food for thought.

So basically they traded Greenway for nothing more than a rental goalie and are carrying 4 goalies on their roster this year. Or they send KK back to Iowa and he doesn't get the NHL experience he needs and they still have 3 goalies in the NHL again.

MN has 3 good goalie prospects already, trust the process with them.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 août 2020 à 21 h 20
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
So basically they traded Greenway for nothing more than a rental goalie and are carrying 4 goalies on their roster this year. Or they send KK back to Iowa and he doesn't get the NHL experience he needs and they still have 3 goalies in the NHL again.

I tend to agree with you on this one. Unless Wild brass don't see Kahkonen panning out. I could see a scenario where they start the season with Kahkonen in the NHL but if he struggles send him down and then make a move for a another goalie.
Before Wild do anything in net they must figure out what they have in Kahkonen.
8 août 2020 à 21 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
JEE is our best center currently. So not a chance in hell on that one, my friend.

Kunin is as was already stated one of our few RHS's, and has captain material written all over him. He was also was one of our lone bright spots during these play in games. So I'd have to say it's a hard no there too.

I'd be comfortable throwing a pick on top of Greenway for Georgiev if you thought it was necessary though.

2020 2nd and we add buffalos 2021 3rd?
RazWild a aimé ceci.
8 août 2020 à 22 h 0
2020 2nd and we add buffalos 2021 3rd?

works for me.
8 août 2020 à 22 h 36

Lindberg, and Jones both look highly promising, but are likely 4-5 years away from being even remotely close to helping the Wild.

Robson and Baribeau have been less than impressive to me.

Kahkonen looks to be a legitimate starter in the league and I'm over the moon about it. Doesn't mean I trust him to take that leap right now with only 5 career NHL games to show for it. People seem to forget even though he was the AHL goaltender of the year he was badly injured on the very last play of the last game before the stoppage.

Yes, it's true he looked to back to form during training camp, but I'd much rather he get another year in the minors to polish his craft before we decide to feed him to the wolves full time. He's only 24 for crying out loud. Most goalies don't hit their prime until around 26.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of relying on one goaltender for anything, let alone one's that's unproven. I want someone to be around Kahkonen who can help push him to his fullest and so that he'll never be complacent and stay engaged and focused to his best ability. I also want someone who has experience but is young enough to pair well enough with Kahkonen that they push each other.

Stalock could be a wonderful mentor for Kahkonen in that regard. Except he's 33. Too old. He had a phenomenal year this year. I remain unconvinced and don't trust him enough to have a repeat performance next year.

That pick going back to Seattle could just as easily mean they take Stalock and leave the rest of the team alone. At which point, our starters are Kahkonen and Georgiev.

You two seem to be under the auspicious that having Kahkonen means we run with a traditional Starter/Backup system.

I'm suggesting we run with a two starter system. Starter 1a/Starter 1b. A legitimate two goalie tandem system where both goalies spread the workload evenly, a full 50/50. Novel idea right?

I'm done with Dubnyk, he can ride the Prossbox for the entire year for all I care. And yes, while Kahkonen is perfecting his craft in the AHL, we run a three headed monster. Georgiev will be an massive improvement over Dubnyk and Stalock is Stalock...

But it is only for One Year, ONE!

Dubnyk is off the books after that and One of the other two will be gone as well. To be be perfectly honest, even if Georgiev does turn into just a rental. He's a rental that serves a purpose, an important one.

I guess I'm fine with that.

As far as Greenway goes, right now, after the play in's, The only untouchables on this team of the young guys; are Fiala, Kaprizov, JEE, Kunin, and Hartman. The rest can get moved accordingly.
8 août 2020 à 23 h 41
Lindberg, and Jones both look highly promising, but are likely 4-5 years away from being even remotely close to helping the Wild.

Robson and Baribeau have been less than impressive to me.

Kahkonen looks to be a legitimate starter in the league and I'm over the moon about it. Doesn't mean I trust him to take that leap right now with only 5 career NHL games to show for it. People seem to forget even though he was the AHL goaltender of the year he was badly injured on the very last play of the last game before the stoppage.

Yes, it's true he looked to back to form during training camp, but I'd much rather he get another year in the minors to polish his craft before we decide to feed him to the wolves full time. He's only 24 for crying out loud. Most goalies don't hit their prime until around 26.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of relying on one goaltender for anything, let alone one's that's unproven. I want someone to be around Kahkonen who can help push him to his fullest and so that he'll never be complacent and stay engaged and focused to his best ability. I also want someone who has experience but is young enough to pair well enough with Kahkonen that they push each other.

Stalock could be a wonderful mentor for Kahkonen in that regard. Except he's 33. Too old. He had a phenomenal year this year. I remain unconvinced and don't trust him enough to have a repeat performance next year.

That pick going back to Seattle could just as easily mean they take Stalock and leave the rest of the team alone. At which point, our starters are Kahkonen and Georgiev.

You two seem to be under the auspicious that having Kahkonen means we run with a traditional Starter/Backup system.

I'm suggesting we run with a two starter system. Starter 1a/Starter 1b. A legitimate two goalie tandem system where both goalies spread the workload evenly, a full 50/50. Novel idea right?

I'm done with Dubnyk, he can ride the Prossbox for the entire year for all I care. And yes, while Kahkonen is perfecting his craft in the AHL, we run a three headed monster. Georgiev will be an massive improvement over Dubnyk and Stalock is Stalock...

But it is only for One Year, ONE!

Dubnyk is off the books after that and One of the other two will be gone as well. To be be perfectly honest, even if Georgiev does turn into just a rental. He's a rental that serves a purpose, an important one.

I guess I'm fine with that.

As far as Greenway goes, right now, after the play in's, The only untouchables on this team of the young guys; are Fiala, Kaprizov, JEE, Kunin, and Hartman. The rest can get moved accordingly.

1. Why would Seattle take Stalock (1 year rental of a career AHL starter/NHL backup) over whichever of the other 2 young goalies is exposed?
2. You mentioned age and KK is the same age as Georgiev. So it kind of kills that point.
3. KK has already proven everything he needs to in the AHL and before that he was in Liiga league. He has 5 pro years playing against grown men under his belt at this point. Playing in the NHL next year is the next step in his natural development. This isn't rushing him at all. He needs to face the shots of the Ovi, McDavid, Pasta, etc instead of the shots of a Mayhew quality player.
4. Georgiev has had decent stats but nothing great so far. He's an on or off goalie, there isn't a lot of consistency to his game. His stats mirror Stalock's this year. He's a guy you give up a 2nd for, not a NHL player.
5. You're too low on Greenway. The guy is turning into a possession monster. Once the Wild figure out that he should be planted in front of the goalie on the PP they might actually have a consistent/dangerous PP. Even Suter's limp wrister becomes dangerous if the goalie can't get a look at it.
9 août 2020 à 12 h 17
Modifié 9 août 2020 à 12 h 35
1. Why would Seattle take Stalock (1 year rental of a career AHL starter/NHL backup) over whichever of the other 2 young goalies is exposed?
2. You mentioned age and KK is the same age as Georgiev. So it kind of kills that point.
3. KK has already proven everything he needs to in the AHL and before that he was in Liiga league. He has 5 pro years playing against grown men under his belt at this point. Playing in the NHL next year is the next step in his natural development. This isn't rushing him at all. He needs to face the shots of the Ovi, McDavid, Pasta, etc instead of the shots of a Mayhew quality player.
4. Georgiev has had decent stats but nothing great so far. He's an on or off goalie, there isn't a lot of consistency to his game. His stats mirror Stalock's this year. He's a guy you give up a 2nd for, not a NHL player.
5. You're too low on Greenway. The guy is turning into a possession monster. Once the Wild figure out that he should be planted in front of the goalie on the PP they might actually have a consistent/dangerous PP. Even Suter's limp wrister becomes dangerous if the goalie can't get a look at it.

1) That is the entire reason Stalock got the contract he did in the first place. It was to make him the eligible sacrifice to Seattle. Whether the Wild choose to go the 7-3-1 route or the 8-1 route one goaltender has to be exposed. Stalock was always that option. Like I said you protect Kahkonen send Seattle Stalock and a draft pick. They need to take three goalies after all. Stalock is an attractive option because of his cap hit.

2) I know. Georgiev isn't, and never has been my first choice for a goalie.

Personally I want Murray. Yes, yes, I know. Bad season, inconsistent play... blah blah blah. Not why I want him, he's 26, so he's only a couple years older than Kahkonen and just hitting his prime years. There's also a good chance he could rebound. But he already has 5 NHL seasons under his belt with 2 Stanley Cups to his name. He's perfect for what I want in that regard. I also think he could be a lot better on the Wild than the Penguins. Because, HELL... if the Wild's defense could make Dubnyk look like a Vezina candidate, what could it do for Murray?

But we're not here about a trade for Murray, are we. Instead we're here for a trade for Georgiev. And when that cost is Greenway and possibly a 2nd round pick? You take it. Never look a gift horse in the mouth so they say. I just saw this scenario and my brain tried immediately working out positive outcomes that could be beneficial for us.

3) Agree to disagree there. He was good in his cup of coffee this year, but was by no means perfect. Won the first two games, lost the third, won the 4th, lost the 5th.

I don't particularly care about his background, and instead prefer to go by what I've seen from him so far when I evaluate him. And what I've seen so far in 5 NHL games, a covid training camp, and down in the AHL this tells me, while he has looked great so far. His overall game is as yet still a little unpolished, and he could use some further seasoning before making the jump. The Wild aren't contending anytime soon. There is no ryme or reason to rush our top goalie prospect when he's both young enough, might not be as ready as you seem to claim he is, and is blocked to begin with.

You think he's ready to go, I do not and feel another year in the AHL would do him some good. If nothing else, it doesn't hurt him in any way. Although I definitely agree that he needs the occasional call up during this upcoming season. With our current goaltenders, he's likely going to get a good shot.

4) Newsflash, that is by definition, all goaltenders everywhere, even the elite ones. Goaltending is Voodoo, as the old attadge goes. No goaltender is 100% consistent, 100% of the time. I don't put much stock and faith into that, simply because even the worst goaltenders can go on a hot streak. IE Dubnyk. Again, it's why I don't mind picking up Murray. There is a reason why goaltenders are the hardest position to figure out.

5) I'm not low on Greenway at all, or Donato, or anyone else. What I am is a pragmatist. He's big, he's a puck possession monster, but he's highly inconsistent on its use. How often have we sat there and just wished he'd use his size and strength more often? It should be second nature to him, but it's like he just forgets to use it. I'm actually firmly in the camp that it'll click for him and he'll be a monster someday. I am however becoming more and more less convinced it'll be with us. NY is as good of a landing spot as any, especially considering he'll be reunited with his old college coach. If anyone can bring it out of Greenway it's him. It also doesn't matter what you think that Georgiev costs only a 2nd. The Rags wanted a 1st for him during the TDL, I highly doubt that has changed much since then.

Bottom line, Greenway+2nd=1st rounder. It's a fair offer, and one that helps both teams. The Wild need the upgrade in goal, Georgiev provides that. Even if he’s not my first choice, or second, or even third. But you get the picture.
9 août 2020 à 12 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rangers 2023
1) That is the entire reason Stalock got the contract he did in the first place. It was to make him the eligible sacrifice to Seattle. Whether the Wild choose to go the 7-3-1 route or the 8-1 route one goaltender has to be exposed. Stalock was always that option. Like I said you protect Kahkonen send Seattle Stalock and a draft pick. They need to take three goalies after all. Stalock is an attractive option because of his cap hit.

2) I know. Georgiev isn't, and never has been my first choice for a goalie.

Personally I want Murray. Yes, yes, I know. Bad season, inconsistent play... blah blah blah. Not why I want him, he's 26, so he's only a couple years older than Kahkonen and just hitting his prime years. There's also a good chance he could rebound. But he already has 5 NHL seasons under his belt with 2 Stanley Cups to his name. He's perfect for what I want in that regard. I also think he could be a lot better on the Wild than the Penguins. Because, HELL... if the Wild's defense could make Dubnyk look like a Vezina candidate, what could it do for Murray?

But we're not here about a trade for Murray, are we. Instead we're here for a trade for Georgiev. And when that cost is Greenway and possibly a 2nd round pick? You take it. Never look a gift horse in the mouth so they say. I just saw this scenario and my brain tried immediately working out positive outcomes that could be beneficial for us.

3) Agree to disagree there. He was good in his cup of coffee this year, but was by no means perfect. Won the first two games, lost the third, won the 4th, lost the 5th.

I don't particularly care about his background, and instead prefer to go by what I've seen from him so far when I evaluate him. And what I've seen so far in 5 NHL games, a covid training camp, and down in the AHL this tells me, while he has looked great so far. His overall game is as yet still a little unpolished, and he could use some further seasoning before making the jump. The Wild aren't contending anytime soon. There is no ryme or reason to rush our top goalie prospect when he's both young enough, might not be as ready as you seem to clam he is, and is blocked to begin with.

You think he's ready to go, I do not and feel another year in the AHL would do him some good. If nothing else, it doesn't hurt him in any way. Although I definitely agree that he needs the occasional call up during this upcoming season. With our current goaltenders, he's likely going to get a good shot.

4) Newsflash, that is by definition, all goaltenders everywhere, even the elite ones. Goaltending is Voodoo, as the old attadge goes. No goaltender is 100% consistent, 100% of the time. I don't put much stock and faith into that, simply because even the worst goaltenders can go on a hot streak. IE Dubnyk. Again, it's why I don't mind picking up Murray. There is a reason why goaltenders are the hardest position to figure out.

5) I'm not low on Greenway at all, or Donato, or anyone else. What I am is a pragmatist. He's big, he's a puck possession monster, but he's highly inconsistent on its use. How often have we sat there and just wished he'd use his size and strength more often? It should be second nature to him, but it's like he just forgets to use it. I'm actually firmly in the camp that it'll click for him and he'll be a monster someday. I am however becoming more and more less convinced it'll be with us. NY is as good of a landing spot as any, especially considering he'll be reunited with his old college coach. If anyone can bring it out of Greenway it's him. It also doesn't matter what you think that Georgiev costs only a 2nd. The Rags wanted a 1st for him during the TDL, I highly doubt that has changed much since then.

Bottom line, Greenway+2nd=1st rounder. It's a fair offer, and one that helps both teams. The Wild need the upgrade in goal, Georgiev provides that. Even if he’s not my first choice, or second, or even third. But you get the picture.

never even realized the DQ connection, just saw the new york connection
RazWild a aimé ceci.
9 août 2020 à 13 h 12
never even realized the DQ connection, just saw the new york connection

Yep, JGG loves the guy. It would be a good place for him to land no question.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage