Forums/Armchair-GM

Blueline Options No Boro

Créé par: Claesson4Norris
Équipe: 2020-21 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 30 juill. 2020
Publié: 30 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
With it seeming less and less likely that Boro will be back next year, it's much more likely that Brannstrom finds his way into the top 6 (ideally top 4) out of camp.

That said, I think it would serve the team well to add a more established defensive presence to support what will be a pretty inexperienced top 6 with Brannstrom, Wolanin and Zub. These are a few guys I think could provide what I'd be looking for, while still potentially making sense age wise for the Sens beyond the next season or two.
Transactions
OTT
  1. Murray, Ryan
Détails additionnels:
Health is a bit of an issue here, but when he's playing, he's a very solid defensive player who can skate. Would be a great partner for Brannstrom if they let him play the right side like he wants to.
CBJ
OTT
  1. Brodin, Jonas
Détails additionnels:
Similar idea to Murray, though he would be much more expensive to acquire, and with just one year left, I don't think it makes sense to give him his life time contract. I really love the player, but it's not a good fit.
MIN
OTT
  1. Pettersson, Marcus
Détails additionnels:
Another defensively responsible LD who could be great with Brannstrom, this one would be much more costly to pull off as he's an important piece on that Pittsburgh blueline, but at 24 he's on a reasonable deal with term which makes this a better long term option that some of the others.
PIT
OTT
  1. Cernak, Erik [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
A big, Physical RHD capable of playing top 4 minutes is the dream of basically every coach in the league. This option makes more sense if Branny plays the left side, and it would be a great fit, because he could be an option alongside Chabot on the top pair. This is definitely a piece you're adding with the future in mind too because he's still pretty young, and likely doesn't cost a whole lot due to the cap crunch in Tampa and him being an RFA.
TBL
OTT
  1. Graves, Ryan [Droits de RFA]
  2. Zadorov, Nikita [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
I've seen both of these names floated a few times, and I flip flop a lot over whether I like these options. Both definitely fit age wise, but I have questions about how good they actually are.

There's obviously a lot to like with Zadorov. He's massive, defensively responsible and can absolutely run through guys. That said, he leaves a lot to be desired analytics wise, and I'm just not entirely convinced that he's an everyday top 4 option, instead of more of a really good #5D. It would be pretty great to see 5'9 Erik Brannstrom flanked by a 6'6 mountain of a man though, but I'm also not sure if I could Mentally process having half of Ottawa's D core being Russian.

Graves has a lot of the same positives and negatives as Zadorov, but with only one full season, it's even harder to properly evaluate him. I'm not sure what to make of him, but I think he's at least capable of being a real solid stay at home top 4 D.
COL
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de NYI
Logo de SJS
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYI
Logo de OTT
Logo de WPG
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de SJS
Logo de OTT
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1681 500 000 $50 234 342 $0 $3 800 000 $31 265 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AG
UFA - 1
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 5
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance450 000 $$450K)
DG/DD, AG
RFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 5
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
768 333 $768 333 $ (Bonis de performance87 500 $$88K)
AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 3
In Connor We Trust
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,080
Chicago would love to give you Seabrook
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Beetlejuice
Chicago would love to give you Seabrook

And they're going to keep on wanting someone to take that deal right up until he retires as a Blackhawk
Beetlejuice et GMs a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Modifié 30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 31
I honestly see melnyk bringing back Borowiecki. One of the few players melnyk likes and honestly good 3rd pairing LD. Also he will be a good mentor for the kids. If he leaves or retires that sucks. As for the options

Penguins won't move Petterson. He and Marino are a solid pairing and the future of that blue line
Brodin is a possibility but just can't see it
Cernak is a RD so probs not the right choice
Zadorov is fine and could replace Borowiecki in terms of his physical presence
Honestly if Ottawa needs a bottom pairing cheap defense man I could see them targeting Dermott. He and brainstorm could become the next Lindgren/fox or Marino/Petterson. Cause Dermott could work his way into a top 4 role with Ottawa as he gets older

But out of all choices Zadorov is a younger version of borowiecki so I see him as the best option
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,511
Just grab anyone from FA you arent trying to win next year
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
I honestly see melnyk bringing back Borowiecki. One of the few players melnyk likes and honestly good 3rd pairing LD. He will be a good mentor for the kids.

I agree 100% that he should be brought back, but there's been speculation that it might not happen. A couple of the Ottawa beat writers have mentioned that it likely would have been done by now, and a few days ago Boro removed all mention of the Sens from his social media bio. I still think they will get it done, but I wouldn't be surprised if they part ways this offseason.

From a pure hockey perspective, I can see why they'd make that decision. Moving on from Boro, then adding a player who can play with experience in the top 4 makes it much easier to integrate Brannstrom and Wolanin into the lineup full time this coming season without having to give one or the other an unfavorable deployment.

I love Boro, and think he's a solid player and even more a great person that the young players in the team can learn a lot from, but if Ottawa is looking to make a splashy addition this offseason (I think now is definitely the time to do so) it's probably Boro who loses his spot as a result. Chabot and Wolanin are presumably 1LD and 3LD, Zaitsev and Zub will be two of the RD, Branny plays 2nd pair on whichever side, and then top 4 Addition fills that last spot imo. I'd rather have Boro over Reilly as the extra, but Reilly is already signed and I doubt Boro wants to sign a deal to sit after having a career year.
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Just grab anyone from FA you arent trying to win next year

Most of these guys are options who would be a fit now and into the future. If I'm Ottawa, I'd rather trade for a 23-26 year old top 4 guy who can be a piece on the blueline going forward, than overpay for a 28-30+ year old whose best years are behind him.
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I agree 100% that he should be brought back, but there's been speculation that it might not happen. A couple of the Ottawa beat writers have mentioned that it likely would have been done by now, and a few days ago Boro removed all mention of the Sens from his social media bio. I still think they will get it done, but I wouldn't be surprised if they part ways this offseason.

From a pure hockey perspective, I can see why they'd make that decision. Moving on from Boro, then adding a player who can play with experience in the top 4 makes it much easier to integrate Brannstrom and Wolanin into the lineup full time this coming season without having to give one or the other an unfavorable deployment.

I love Boro, and think he's a solid player and even more a great person that the young players in the team can learn a lot from, but if Ottawa is looking to make a splashy addition this offseason (I think now is definitely the time to do so) it's probably Boro who loses his spot as a result. Chabot and Wolanin are presumably 1LD and 3LD, Zaitsev and Zub will be two of the RD, Branny plays 2nd pair on whichever side, and then top 4 Addition fills that last spot imo. I'd rather have Boro over Reilly as the extra, but Reilly is already signed and I doubt Boro wants to sign a deal to sit after having a career year.

If he leaves I recommend they look at Zadorov. Basically a spitting image of him in terms of his size and playstyle. He will basically be boro 2.0
30 juill. 2020 à 2 h 56
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,511
Most of these guys are options who would be a fit now and into the future. If I'm Ottawa, I'd rather trade for a 23-26 year old top 4 guy who can be a piece on the blueline going forward, than overpay for a 28-30+ year old whose best years are behind him.

It's not really an overpay when you are just grabbing a stopgap then trading them at the deadline. IMO just draft your D-core, Nashville did it and it turned out well.
30 juill. 2020 à 3 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
It's not really an overpay when you are just grabbing a stopgap then trading them at the deadline. IMO just draft your D-core, Nashville did it and it turned out well.

I just don't think there's a great crop of guys who fit the bill in free agency. You're asking for a guy who is a defensively responsible top 4 Dman, who is willing to sign for just 1-2 years, and is willing to basically waste some of his prime years on a rebuilding team rather than signing with a team who could be in the playoff hunt.
30 juill. 2020 à 3 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
If he leaves I recommend they look at Zadorov. Basically a spitting image of him in terms of his size and playstyle. He will basically be boro 2.0

I've been thinking about Zadorov, but I'm just not sold he's an everyday day top 4 guy. I'm not quite sure he's a guy you want playing 18-20 minutes a night. He's kind of a tweener 2nd/3rd pair guy, but I just feel like he might fall more on the 3rd pair side than the 2nd pair.

That said, on paper he's the type of guy I want playing with Brannstrom. 6'6 235 lb bulldozer paired with a 5'9 dynamo.
30 juill. 2020 à 6 h 16
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
If you are looking for a young LD I am willing to make the following trade.

OTT
POJ
Jack Johsnon
Bjugstad.

Jack can fill in for 1 year while POJ develops. His buyout after that is the same as playing him. So he's gone.

PIT
WPG 3rd
30 juill. 2020 à 7 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Could likely get benning from Edmonton. Very good as a third pair option deserving of an opportunity in a top four position which is an opportunity very unlikely to get in Edmonton. Betting could acquire him for very little but a ton of upside as for responsible play. Won’t likely ever see pp time but could end up seeing plenty of pk time which is more of what I’d be looking for in Ottawa’s position.
30 juill. 2020 à 8 h 29
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
Your statement that "Graves has a lot of the same positives and negatives as Zadorov", is wrong. Other than the size difference they are actually very different players.

Zadorov is great at defending in transition, but is horrible with zone coverage. For that reason he's very polarising and hard for a coach to manage. Zadorov's offense is also really limited.

Graves on the other hand is very good with zone coverage and generally just plays a steady game while keeping things simple, which makes him very coachable and easy to trust on the ice in all situations. He's also much better than Zadorov at jumping into the play, which is why he is pacing 11 goals and 30 points this season without any PP time.
30 juill. 2020 à 9 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 46
I'd be willing to entertain Graves or Cernak for Ottawa. Our defense is not that good right now and you can't necessarily just hope that all the prospects pan out. LD or RD, it doesn't matter. They need both. Chabot also needs someone to play with. I'd entertain the idea of signing TJ Brodie in the offseason since he's set to be a UFA.
30 juill. 2020 à 9 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Richard88
Your statement that "Graves has a lot of the same positives and negatives as Zadorov", is wrong. Other than the size difference they are actually very different players.

Zadorov is great at defending in transition, but is horrible with zone coverage. For that reason he's very polarising and hard for a coach to manage. Zadorov's offense is also really limited.

Graves on the other hand is very good with zone coverage and generally just plays a steady game while keeping things simple, which makes him very coachable and easy to trust on the ice in all situations. He's also much better than Zadorov at jumping into the play, which is why he is pacing 11 goals and 30 points this season without any PP time.

I should have been more clear with what I meant. The positives and negatives I was referring to were that they are both Big, Defense first players who have somewhat questionable underlying numbers, and I'm not fully confident either is an everyday top 4 option. I should have gone more in depth with Graves, but it was like 3am and I was just trying to wrap things up lol.

I like Graves, but with only one full NHL season I'm not sure it's wise to to pay the price tag Colorado would have on him. They'd be asking for top 4 D return, and there's a distinct possibility that if you take him away from Makar and put him on a much worse team that he falls off.

Similarly, there's a lot to like with Zadorov and if I was more confident in him as a top 4 player on a good team I'd be all over him, but I just can't help but feel he's closer to a number 5 D.
Richard88 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2020 à 9 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EHMatt
I'd be willing to entertain Graves or Cernak for Ottawa. Our defense is not that good right now and you can't necessarily just hope that all the prospects pan out. LD or RD, it doesn't matter. They need both. Chabot also needs someone to play with. I'd entertain the idea of signing TJ Brodie in the offseason since he's set to be a UFA.

I really don't know that Sens have options in Free agency. The players you would want will want more money and/or term than would make Sense for Ottawa imo. I don't think they should be giving more than 1-2 year deals, and I don't see any top 4 UFA Dmen taking a 1-2 year deal, especially to come to a non playoff team. I think players will look for stability in the face of all the uncertainty going forward.
30 juill. 2020 à 10 h 30
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 219
I find so much of the Sens' future @ d hinges on if Brannstrom ends up on the left or right side. The Sens see him as a LD, but his stated preference is RD. If the Sens get their way we have Chabot, Brannstrom as our top 2 LD, and some very specific needs @ RD (hello Jamie Drysdale). Longer term, I guess we'd see Drysdale, assuming the Sens draft him, and JBD as our top 2 RD with a combo of Lassi, Wolanin, Zub, Zaitsev, Jaros filling out the bottom 6. If Brannstrom moves to RD, then are we smarter to go after Jake Sanderson or fill out our top 2 LD spot via trade/free agency?
30 juill. 2020 à 10 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: backpacker10
I find so much of the Sens' future @ d hinges on if Brannstrom ends up on the left or right side. The Sens see him as a LD, but his stated preference is RD. If the Sens get their way we have Chabot, Brannstrom as our top 2 LD, and some very specific needs @ RD (hello Jamie Drysdale). Longer term, I guess we'd see Drysdale, assuming the Sens draft him, and JBD as our top 2 RD with a combo of Lassi, Wolanin, Zub, Zaitsev, Jaros filling out the bottom 6. If Brannstrom moves to RD, then are we smarter to go after Jake Sanderson or fill out our top 2 LD spot via trade/free agency?

I think best case is Branny on the right side. I think there are so many options to acquire a complimentary 2LD to play with him, and it makes you way more balanced overall.
30 juill. 2020 à 11 h 32
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Zads is a solid Defensive Dman when he is fully engaged, he has the ability and has shut down the leagues best.
He just has issues with penalties and consistency being a slow starter every year

Graves is solid, he is defensively sound and has a super high hockey IQ, he is the safer bet as a stead fast guy you can plug into your second pairing and wont be scared for your life. His offence is a bit question mark bc it came on huge this season but he has a big shot and he was finally able to get that on net, so the points started to pile up for him
30 juill. 2020 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Murray would be the cheapest on the list and the most likely to acquire, Columbus would probably let him got for a 3rd and might even retain (though Ottawa doesn’t need us to do that) Murray is 3rd pair in Columbus when healthy but is better then that, if he can stay healthy he’s a huge steal for you.
30 juill. 2020 à 13 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 46
I really don't know that Sens have options in Free agency. The players you would want will want more money and/or term than would make Sense for Ottawa imo. I don't think they should be giving more than 1-2 year deals, and I don't see any top 4 UFA Dmen taking a 1-2 year deal, especially to come to a non playoff team. I think players will look for stability in the face of all the uncertainty going forward.

You're likely betting on Brannstrom, Thomson and Bernard-Docker all becoming regular NHL players with what you said. What I'm saying is not signing a guy like Brodie to a 1 or 2 year deal. Some guys are worth signing beyond that point. Plus you're going to need to add a little through trades and free agency to get to the contender status. Most of the focus should be through the draft, but you can't just wait to draft everyone for your team to become a contender. Brodie would likely not be commanding much more than his $4.65 million in free agency. If you can get him on a 4 year deal to play with Chabot, I think he's a much better option than Zaitsev. It also allows those 3 young players to properly develop and earn a spot on the NHL team.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage