Is Tony DeAngelo the real deal?

Is he the real deal?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 juill. 2020 à 20 h 13
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
I’ve seen so many posts that have DeAngelo being signed at a high price and being traded for very high prices. But looking at his stats the last couple years, he hasn’t really lived up to anything amazing yet. He was a healthy scratch a lot last season, so I wonder if he’s one of those guys that does really well in his contract expiration year and is rewarded with a huge contract, but then doesn’t do well at all the next few seasons. I can predict what most of the responses will be like, especially from Rangers fans: “are you crazy? Of course he’s a real deal!” I just wanted to see if anyone else shares my doubts
30 juill. 2020 à 10 h 24
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
He's a right-handed, puck-moving defenseman that can QB a PP1 unit with ease. Though he is a young, dynamic offensive defenseman, he is also poor defensively and has been noted for having attitude and on-ice issues. I'm not sure if that's continued throughout his time in New York, but that was one of the reasons two different teams traded him at such a young age. New York is more likely to trade him than extend him long-term, in my opinion, mostly because they've already got Trouba locked up long-term (and is practically unmoveable) and a younger Fox has emerged while being both better and cheaper. Both are right-handed top 4 defenseman, so NY likely doesn't want to make such a big commitment to him when they can easily supplant him. I think he's more likely to get a bridge deal, simply because he only has had a couple of seasons playing really good hockey, so it makes more sense to bridge him than commit to him long-term.

Also I'm not sure why you think he was a healthy scratch, he played 68/70 games last season.
Remus et DragonRaptorHybrid a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage