Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1181 500 000 $38 036 309 $0 $4 007 500 $43 463 691 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
771 666 $771 666 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
DD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 juill. 2020 à 7 h 26
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
tatar - 1st, 3rd, c-prospect
danault - 1st, 2nd, cond 3rd(if team wins cup)
armia - 2nd, 4th
byron - 4th
lehkonen - 2nd
weal - late pick or waivers
kulak - mid or late pick
hudon - nothing
mete - 4th
McRanteskog et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2020 à 8 h 47
Habs 2010
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 930
Quoting: DirtyDangle
armia - 2nd, 4th
byron - 4th
lehkonen - 2nd
kulak - mid or late pick
hudon - nothing
mete - 4th

Mete 4th?

"Like Pittsburgh, Montreal’s second pair is also anchored by a strong two-way defender though this time it’s the much more experienced Jeff Petry who led the team with a 56 percent expected goals rate. He looks to be paired with Victor Mete who is the only defender other than Weber to be above break-even in both actual and expected goals percentage. He has a bright future and grades out as a solid second-pairing defender for now." - Athletic Dom stats guy

Statistics already show Mete is a "Solid Second Pairing Defender" and he is only in his 21 year old season.

Honestly, Mete is so under appreciated. Despite playing on non playoff habs teams in every season of his career he is always a + player and among the leaders of defenseman in +/-. This while getting the most defensive zone starts / 60 on the team.

Also his 5 on 5 production is right there with most defensman around the league, but he gets no powerplay time so his offensive numbers seem underwhelming. If he played powerplay he would be like Jared Spurgeon. Seriously, look where Jared Spurgeon was at 21 years old.

It's actually funny he gets no powerplay time considering how bad Montreals powerplay has been over the past three years, he should have gotten a chance at least. In his limited time, his powerplay P/60 is as good as Weber's over the least 3 years. Yet Weber is one of MTL's main PP guys.
Dan10900 et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2020 à 9 h 19
retired
Quoting: Shanesaw9
Mete 4th?

"Like Pittsburgh, Montreal’s second pair is also anchored by a strong two-way defender though this time it’s the much more experienced Jeff Petry who led the team with a 56 percent expected goals rate. He looks to be paired with Victor Mete who is the only defender other than Weber to be above break-even in both actual and expected goals percentage. He has a bright future and grades out as a solid second-pairing defender for now." - Athletic Dom stats guy

Statistics already show Mete is a "Solid Second Pairing Defender" and he is only in his 21 year old season.

Honestly, Mete is so under appreciated. Despite playing on non playoff habs teams in every season of his career he is always a + player and among the leaders of defenseman in +/-. This while getting the most defensive zone starts / 60 on the team.

Also his 5 on 5 production is right there with most defensman around the league, but he gets no powerplay time so his offensive numbers seem underwhelming. If he played powerplay he would be like Jared Spurgeon. Seriously, look where Jared Spurgeon was at 21 years old.

It's actually funny he gets no powerplay time considering how bad Montreals powerplay has been over the past three years, he should have gotten a chance at least. In his limited time, his powerplay P/60 is as good as Weber's over the least 3 years. Yet Weber is one of MTL's main PP guys.

he's played 171 games in the league and he's only got 31 points. he was on pace for less than 20 this season. he's not productive enough to be an offensive defenseman. he's too small and not good enough defensively to make it as an all around guy. montreal has a bottom-5 ld in the league and mete might not even crack that. why would a team give up anything more than that for him? he's a dime a dozen player.
28 juill. 2020 à 9 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 104
I'll go with only the ones I think could/will be traded:

Byron: Flat cap has somewhat improved his value, IMO. He could be dealt for a better, more expensive player to a team that needs to cut on salary, with a mid-pick coming back.
Weal: Meh. Weal + a 5th for a 3rd?
Lehkonen: Kinda of the same thing than Byron, but with less value. I could see a team reaching out to MB to get Lehkonen to replace a player walking away as a UFA. He can def. play 3rd line minutes and solid PK. So, maybe a 2nd?
Hudon: Call me crazy, but I think the kid can play. Saw him in Mtl, saw him at camp, saw him in Laval. I think the guy isn't that bad. But it'll come down to numbers and he may end up on waivers, unless a team needs some low-cost depth. Then he could MAYBE fetch a 4th/5th...
Kulak: He's just okay. Some numbers guys really like him, some old-school guys really hate him... I think he could go to Seattle. So MTL may keep him to shadow other players from expansion draft (Mete?). But other GMs may be interrested for the same reasons and end up paying a 3rd/4th to get him.
28 juill. 2020 à 10 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
A lot... like a first, mid-top 6 F pot spec, and probably like a conditional third that becomes a first if he plays a game with the team in 21-22 (bc we can't have resign conditions, make a very easy goal to hit)
More than Tatar, 2 of the most underrated players in the league
Armia, like a third and small asset or second maybe
Byron-uhhhh idk
Lekhonen probably could get a late first depending on the market
Weal-late pick...?
Petry- probably like 2 seconds, 1 becomes a first if the team goes x far into the playoffs or he plays a game with the team the next year or smth
I'd pay a second for Kulak, I'd be extremely surprised if he gets that tho
Hudon like a 7th lol
Mete is very good at hockey, I'd give a first+ but I doubt he gets that irl
28 juill. 2020 à 10 h 19
he's played 171 games in the league and he's only got 31 points. he was on pace for less than 20 this season. he's not productive enough to be an offensive defenseman. he's too small and not good enough defensively to make it as an all around guy. montreal has a bottom-5 ld in the league and mete might not even crack that. why would a team give up anything more than that for him? he's a dime a dozen player.

Points are practically useless when judging d men, he is about average 5v5 offensively, and is in fact very good defensively, you don't need to be big to be good defensively, I'd much rather a smaller guy who has a great stick, is really smart at stepping up and great positionally than a bigger guy who just hits people and ends up getting blown past 1/2 the time or ends up chasing hits and getting way out of position
Shanesaw9 et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2020 à 10 h 26
retired
Quoting: Dan10900
Points are practically useless when judging d men, he is about average 5v5 offensively, and is in fact very good defensively, you don't need to be big to be good defensively, I'd much rather a smaller guy who has a great stick, is really smart at stepping up and great positionally than a bigger guy who just hits people and ends up getting blown past 1/2 the time or ends up chasing hits and getting way out of position

yea i don't see it. he's a fringe defenseman on most teams and might not even crack montreals left side which is one of the worst in the league.
28 juill. 2020 à 10 h 28
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
armia - 2nd, 4th
byron - 4th
lehkonen - 2nd
kulak - mid or late pick
hudon - nothing
mete - 4th

If Lehky is worth a second(which I think is BS)then he’s gone as soon as we can trade again
28 juill. 2020 à 10 h 43
yea i don't see it. he's a fringe defenseman on most teams and might not even crack montreals left side which is one of the worst in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays with Weber in the playoffs (and he should)
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2020 à 13 h 53
Habs 2010
Quoting: Dan10900
I wouldn't be surprised if he plays with Weber in the playoffs (and he should)

He won't, they will go with Chiarot, but I agree with you he should be playing with Weber. Chiarot and Weber were barely holding there own as the season went on. Personally I'd like to see both players used with Weber in different situations.
Dan10900 et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2020 à 14 h 10
Habs 2010

Ok... would love to hear what you think Vince Dunn's trade value is. I see a lot of people making trade for him to the habs on this site.

Dunn had 13 5v5 pts in 71 games this year, 0.183 5v5 pts per game.

Mete had 10 5v5 pts in 51 games this year, 0.196 5v5 pts per game.

Dunn also received 55% OZ starts while Mete only received 45%. Dunn is used as an offensive defenseman and Mete is used as a defensive defenseman (for his speed and transition), yet Mete is on par with Dunn at 5v5?

What's more, Mete is only 21 and Dunn is 23. That's just one example, there are countless examples around the league. 5v5 production for defenseman is generally low, what makes the difference is powerplay time, something Mete gets almost exclusively none of. There is a huge misconception that because Mete is small that he is an offensive defensman and that he is weak defensively. Mete is better defensively than offensively, but he would be more than adequate offensively if the habs used him in that role.

I don't even get what you are arguing. The athletics stats guy has a model which using advanced statistics to determine a players value. At 21 years old his model already classifies Mete as a solid 2nd pairing defenseman.

You would trade that for a 4th round pick? What are the odds of a 4th round pick even making the NHL?
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2020 à 17 h 29
retired
Quoting: Shanesaw9
Ok... would love to hear what you think Vince Dunn's trade value is. I see a lot of people making trade for him to the habs on this site.

Dunn had 13 5v5 pts in 71 games this year, 0.183 5v5 pts per game.

Mete had 10 5v5 pts in 51 games this year, 0.196 5v5 pts per game.

Dunn also received 55% OZ starts while Mete only received 45%. Dunn is used as an offensive defenseman and Mete is used as a defensive defenseman (for his speed and transition), yet Mete is on par with Dunn at 5v5?

What's more, Mete is only 21 and Dunn is 23. That's just one example, there are countless examples around the league. 5v5 production for defenseman is generally low, what makes the difference is powerplay time, something Mete gets almost exclusively none of. There is a huge misconception that because Mete is small that he is an offensive defensman and that he is weak defensively. Mete is better defensively than offensively, but he would be more than adequate offensively if the habs used him in that role.

I don't even get what you are arguing. The athletics stats guy has a model which using advanced statistics to determine a players value. At 21 years old his model already classifies Mete as a solid 2nd pairing defenseman.

You would trade that for a 4th round pick? What are the odds of a 4th round pick even making the NHL?

these two aren't even comparable imo, it's not close.

i don't care about 5v5 points. dunn was on pace for 27 points this season. that's almost as much as mete's 171 career game total. i don't really buy the mete is only 21 excuse as he has 171 games experience. when dunn was 21 he put up a 24 point season which is significantly more than mete has be able to do in any season so far. what you're also not factoring in is that the blues play a much more defensive style than the habs.

mete isn't that great defensively and at 5'9" hes going to get dominated in the corners and in front of the net.

advanced stats are notoriously flawed. if there is a model showing mete is a solid 2nd pairing defenseman than that model should be trashed.

the question is who would trade a 4th for mete. he'd couldn't crack most teams top 3 ld. montreal has one of the worst left sides in hockey and he might not crack that next season. he's now waiver eligible too so he has to stick with the nhl club or be lost for free.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage