Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $72 325 515 $306 349 $425 000 $9 174 485 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 8
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 juill. 2020 à 8 h 59
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
It doesn’t make sense for Detroit to do that trade when we can just pick up a FA goalie. I’d much rather take on Steen for Kyrou and add a little.
TCMonkey a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
now, hypothetical of course, if pietrangelo leaves in FA... would you nix the steen trade and just buy him out? keep barby as well and go from there?
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
Quoting: hanson493
now, hypothetical of course, if pietrangelo leaves in FA... would you nix the steen trade and just buy him out? keep barby as well and go from there?

All depends on the pietro contract
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 41
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,582
OTT declines on the Barbashev deal but offers a 4th for Bozak.
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 41
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
All depends on the pietro contract

kinda crazy how 1 player can hinge how the rest of the moves are made. going to be a hectic offseason for a lot of teams.
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 43
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Detroit declines, And Pietrangelo isn't taking that contract more like 8 x $9.5 million he already turned down a similar deal like that.
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 44
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Detroit declines, And Pietrangelo isn't taking that contract more like 8 x $9.5 million he already turned down a similar deal like that.

that was before flat cap though right?
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 48
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,144
I'd take that deal as a Jets fan!
masterjuddi a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 49
dp6154
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Allen and Barbshev moves make sense and like them.

Why are you bringing in Aaron Dell, who sucks, like I cannot emphasize enough that he sucks, it would be Chad Johnson 2.0, and we have Husso?

Why is Pietrangelo signing for a deal he already rejected? Not that a flat cap can't effect that but if a flat cap did effect that why didn'this agent call Army in the break adn say "we'll take that deal? He's gonna cost more, probably at least 9M

Bringing in Greg McKegg is fun, on name along, but DLR is the same player & he's a Blues RFA, he probably just comes back

That Steen deal is essentially Kyrou for Spacek to save the first vs what is consensus expected of Steen + a 1st for a salary dump and I gotta ask, do the Jets even have that cap space? For as good of a prospect as Spacek is and as slow of an NHL start Kyrou has had (he was still on an ok 25 point pace last year though and he should only get better) is the difference in Spacek and Kyrou really less than the difference between a late 1st and a 3rd? To be clear they have about the same cost and number of years of control and the Blues, especially if the do bring Pietro back, are in a win now window, so next year is vital to this equation
23 juill. 2020 à 9 h 52
dp6154
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Quoting: BStinson
It doesn’t make sense for Detroit to do that trade when we can just pick up a FA goalie. I’d much rather take on Steen for Kyrou and add a little.

yeah this isn't true. The FA goalies are Lehner, Holtby and a pile of Aaron Dell level garbage, all of whom Chicago, Washington, Detroit, Ottawa, and Minnesota will be competing over (some unwilling or unable to go all Bobrovsky for Holtby but still lots of takers for goalie trades or Lehner).

of the trading block goalies Allen is both the best and the most obviously gonna move, so everyone's "trade for a goalie" plan will include weighing trading for him
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2020 à 10 h 1
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,760
Quoting: Rooney
I'd take that deal as a Jets fan!

As would I. one year of a home town boy (kinda) and Kyrou would be a steal for the jets.
Honestly, if the jets do have cap space next season they should look at a deal like this.
23 juill. 2020 à 10 h 18
Quoting: dp6154
yeah this isn't true. The FA goalies are Lehner, Holtby and a pile of Aaron Dell level garbage, all of whom Chicago, Washington, Detroit, Ottawa, and Minnesota will be competing over (some unwilling or unable to go all Bobrovsky for Holtby but still lots of takers for goalie trades or Lehner).

of the trading block goalies Allen is both the best and the most obviously gonna move, so everyone's "trade for a goalie" plan will include weighing trading for him

You’re forgetting Khudobin, Talbot, Markstrom, Greiss, and Crawford. You’re also forgetting teams are positioning themselves for the expansion draft. Not all of those teams you mentioned will have the cap to go after the top tier FA goalies. It’s not like Allen fits the Detroit rebuild or is some stud 1A. He’s a good goalie in a tandem but people are blowing up this last season from a sample size of 24. It’s also is inconvenient that he expires at the same time as Bernier but maybe they will compete harder for that next contract. That’s not even factoring in the RFAs that may be available this offseason (Murray, Jarry, Demko, etc.) or teams trying to shed cap like Arizona (Raanta). So yeah there is more supply than demand given COVID and expansion draft.
23 juill. 2020 à 10 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
You’re forgetting Khudobin, Talbot, Markstrom, Greiss, and Crawford. You’re also forgetting teams are positioning themselves for the expansion draft. Not all of those teams you mentioned will have the cap to go after the top tier FA goalies. It’s not like Allen fits the Detroit rebuild or is some stud 1A. He’s a good goalie in a tandem but people are blowing up this last season from a sample size of 24. It’s also is inconvenient that he expires at the same time as Bernier but maybe they will compete harder for that next contract. That’s not even factoring in the RFAs that may be available this offseason (Murray, Jarry, Demko, etc.) or teams trying to shed cap like Arizona (Raanta). So yeah there is more supply than demand given COVID and expansion draft.

Steve Y loves projects. He could see the potential in Allen and see if he can figure it out
dp6154 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2020 à 10 h 32
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Steve Y loves projects. He could see the potential in Allen and see if he can figure it out

He also loves asset management like when he maneuvered the previous expansion draft in Tampa. I’m not saying those 5th round picks are likely to do anything in the NHL but rather there are quite a few free options out there with a more proven track record or fit our timeline better than Allen.
23 juill. 2020 à 10 h 59
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
So much GTFOOH I don't even know where to start.
23 juill. 2020 à 13 h 5
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 926

You assume a FA goalie will want to go to freaking Detroit right now
23 juill. 2020 à 13 h 9
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
You assume a FA goalie will want to go to freaking Detroit right now

You assume that none of the FA goalies aren’t primarily motivated by monetary compensation or security of being protected in the expansion draft.
23 juill. 2020 à 13 h 40
Good Opinion Haver
You assume that none of the FA goalies aren’t primarily motivated by monetary compensation or security of being protected in the expansion draft.

Yeah I'm sure Khudobin, Talbot, Greiss, Crawford, and Markstrom are all real concerned about getting chosen by Seattle in their mid to late 30s over being on a competitive team.
23 juill. 2020 à 13 h 48
Yeah I'm sure Khudobin, Talbot, Greiss, Crawford, and Markstrom are all real concerned about getting chosen by Seattle in their mid to late 30s over being on a competitive team.

Less just glance over the ‘or’ in that statement and disregard the monetary compensation. Also none of them will be in late 30s during the expansion draft. Most are in early 30s or mid 30s.
23 juill. 2020 à 14 h 20
Good Opinion Haver
Modifié 23 juill. 2020 à 14 h 29
Less just glance over the ‘or’ in that statement and disregard the monetary compensation. Also none of them will be in late 30s during the expansion draft. Most are in early 30s or mid 30s.

I'm sorry I was distracted by the assertion that any goalie cares so much to not go to Seattle after watching Marc-Andre Fleury endear himself to that fanbase and make it to the Stanley Cup Finals in his first year that they will willing choose to play for the worst team in the league instead of go there, so I missed the monetary compensation, that's my bad.

But it's the same thing- how much more money are you going to commit to bringing any of those guys in that would beat their current team which is competitive? Greiss you might have a shot with because he can't go back to the Islanders, but Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago (2), Dallas, Philadelphia, San Jose, Vancouver and Anaheim all need goalies next year and through a combination of where their team is, how competitive their team is, and the quality of players on those teams all of those markets are more appealing than Detroit. So monetary is the ONLY thing you have going for you. And at that point, why not just trade for a guy who is better? Why would you pay eight million dollars over two years to steal Khudobin away from Dallas when you could just pay four and a low pick for Allen- who is younger, better and could actually be a stopgap starter in the future as you finish rebuilding if he performs well- and if not you just let him walk? It's easy for you to say "overpay and keep the pick!" but it's not your four million dollars being thrown around here.

You are right that those guys are younger but mid 30s or late 30s regardless, these guys are nearly at the end of their career, why would Seattle take a goalie who is that old? Pittsburgh had to pay to get Vegas to take Fleury and he was a three time cup champ. My point is that the risk to these guys being taken by Seattle is very very low, especially with guys like Raanta, Francouz, Demko, Murray - goalies who are all better, younger, or both - potentially available to them and even if it wasn't, Seattle is a pretty attractive market to be in, so that's not the incentive to sign in Detroit that you think it is. Most of these guys- Khudobin, Crawford, Talbot- will re-sign one year with the team that they're with and not sign again until after the expansion draft anyway
23 juill. 2020 à 14 h 48
I'm sorry I was distracted by the assertion that any goalie cares so much to not go to Seattle after watching Marc-Andre Fleury endear himself to that fanbase and make it to the Stanley Cup Finals in his first year that they will willing choose to play for the worst team in the league instead of go there, so I missed the monetary compensation, that's my bad.

But it's the same thing- how much more money are you going to commit to bringing any of those guys in that would beat their current team which is competitive? Greiss you might have a shot with because he can't go back to the Islanders, but Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago (2), Dallas, Philadelphia, San Jose, Vancouver and Anaheim all need goalies next year and through a combination of where their team is, how competitive their team is, and the quality of players on those teams all of those markets are more appealing than Detroit. So monetary is the ONLY thing you have going for you. And at that point, why not just trade for a guy who is better? Why would you pay eight million dollars over two years to steal Khudobin away from Dallas when you could just pay four and a low pick for Allen- who is younger, better and could actually be a stopgap starter in the future as you finish rebuilding if he performs well- and if not you just let him walk? It's easy for you to say "overpay and keep the pick!" but it's not your four million dollars being thrown around here.

You are right that those guys are younger but mid 30s or late 30s regardless, these guys are nearly at the end of their career, why would Seattle take a goalie who is that old? Pittsburgh had to pay to get Vegas to take Fleury and he was a three time cup champ. My point is that the risk to these guys being taken by Seattle is very very low, especially with guys like Raanta, Francouz, Demko, Murray - goalies who are all better, younger, or both - potentially available to them and even if it wasn't, Seattle is a pretty attractive market to be in, so that's not the incentive to sign in Detroit that you think it is. Most of these guys- Khudobin, Crawford, Talbot- will re-sign one year with the team that they're with and not sign again until after the expansion draft anyway

Bernier played extremely well for us at the end of the season. We just need another guy to split with him which can be accomplished via free agency. Yes, some of those teams are going to want a goalie but how many are going to have the cap to sign the guy they want. Some of them are going to want a backup (eg Gibson in Anaheim). I wouldn’t say Allen is better than those guys based on a sample size of 24 games and I wouldn’t say he is necessarily young in comparison (doesn’t he turn 30 in a month or so).

Either way 4 million is 4 million whether we spend it on Allen or Khudobin or Raanta, etc. Some players will want to play for an original six team or close connections or friends in the Red Wings organization. So we can’t say it’s entirely about monetary compensation. I know Allen isn’t my first choice as I’d prefer to target these guys first Raanta, Markstrom, or Lehner and there a couple more before Allen.

Seattle is going to take the best player who fits their organization philosophy. Could that be someone 30+ or someone younger (eg Demko) possibly. It’s hard to say I was completely expecting Vegas to select Mrazek and I was pretty shocked when they announced Nosek. Most fan bases don’t think like guys/gals on CF, HFBoards, Reddit, etc. I had to explain who most of the skaters were at the VGK expansion draft to the people around me.
23 juill. 2020 à 15 h 10
Good Opinion Haver
Bernier played extremely well for us at the end of the season. We just need another guy to split with him which can be accomplished via free agency. Yes, some of those teams are going to want a goalie but how many are going to have the cap to sign the guy they want. Some of them are going to want a backup (eg Gibson in Anaheim). I wouldn’t say Allen is better than those guys based on a sample size of 24 games and I wouldn’t say he is necessarily young in comparison (doesn’t he turn 30 in a month or so).

Either way 4 million is 4 million whether we spend it on Allen or Khudobin or Raanta, etc. Some players will want to play for an original six team or close connections or friends in the Red Wings organization. So we can’t say it’s entirely about monetary compensation. I know Allen isn’t my first choice as I’d prefer to target these guys first Raanta, Markstrom, or Lehner and there a couple more before Allen.

Seattle is going to take the best player who fits their organization philosophy. Could that be someone 30+ or someone younger (eg Demko) possibly. It’s hard to say I was completely expecting Vegas to select Mrazek and I was pretty shocked when they announced Nosek.

All I'm saying is Detroit is probably going to have a tough time - maybe not impossible, but tough time- attracting free agents and will probably have to look for trades to find a backup goalie if they want to have a legitimately good guy to split time, because all of the legitimately good guys will have other options available to them that, historically, have been more appealing. Allen might not be your first choice for solution but he's a solution and I know I'm biased as a Blues fan but probably the best one in terms of where Detroit is in their rebuild versus how much of a commitment it is.

Allen isn't "young" per say, but he's younger than all of those guys you mentioned (except Lehner) and he only has one year on his contract- so it's no real commitment if he sucks. Which maybe he will- he's usually inconsistent. But I guess I just don't see why Detroit would want to pay big bucks to sign someone like Lehner or Markstrom- goalies who are definitively better than Allen- when Detroit won't even be competitive until they are halfway or more through whatever contract they sign those goalies to. Or why you would pay more (in a trade) for Raanta who is often hurt. Or why would you want to pay as much or more for worse goalies just to get them to come to your team? I just am failing to see how any solution other than Detroit going after, say, a Demko or a Murray or a Georgiev- ie, goalies who are young/cheap/restricted/have upside- is better than just taking a flyer on a guy like Allen who was great the previous year (small sample size, I know, but it's not like his entire career up to that point was garbage either) and isn't a long term commitment.

I think your hunch is correct and Vegas was 100% going to take Mrazek- and didn't because they were payed to select Fleury and they (wisely) didn't see the point in spending nearly 10million+ on goalies, especially with one coming off a .901 season
BStinson a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2020 à 15 h 53
All I'm saying is Detroit is probably going to have a tough time - maybe not impossible, but tough time- attracting free agents and will probably have to look for trades to find a backup goalie if they want to have a legitimately good guy to split time, because all of the legitimately good guys will have other options available to them that, historically, have been more appealing. Allen might not be your first choice for solution but he's a solution and I know I'm biased as a Blues fan but probably the best one in terms of where Detroit is in their rebuild versus how much of a commitment it is.

Allen isn't "young" per say, but he's younger than all of those guys you mentioned (except Lehner) and he only has one year on his contract- so it's no real commitment if he sucks. Which maybe he will- he's usually inconsistent. But I guess I just don't see why Detroit would want to pay big bucks to sign someone like Lehner or Markstrom- goalies who are definitively better than Allen- when Detroit won't even be competitive until they are halfway or more through whatever contract they sign those goalies to. Or why you would pay more (in a trade) for Raanta who is often hurt. Or why would you want to pay as much or more for worse goalies just to get them to come to your team? I just am failing to see how any solution other than Detroit going after, say, a Demko or a Murray or a Georgiev- ie, goalies who are young/cheap/restricted/have upside- is better than just taking a flyer on a guy like Allen who was great the previous year (small sample size, I know, but it's not like his entire career up to that point was garbage either) and isn't a long term commitment.

I think your hunch is correct and Vegas was 100% going to take Mrazek- and didn't because they were payed to select Fleury and they (wisely) didn't see the point in spending nearly 10million+ on goalies, especially with one coming off a .901 season

I think at the end of the day. We both have rational arguments but we don’t see eye to eye on Allen. I find him incredibly inconsistent and would rather roll the dice on other guys in free agency/trade or go the younger guy with less track record (Georgiev/Demko/etc) albeit paying more for this option. I don’t know what to settle in the middle with Allen meaning I’d want a young guy that can fit our timeline or a stopgap free agent/bonafide starter (Lehner/Markstrom) but both these options cost more capitol or cash respectively.
TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage