SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Hughes Reunited

Créé par: vmark
Publié: 20 juill. 2020 à 6 h 0
Plafond salarial: 81 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 41/186 (22%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Devils du New JerseyDevils du New Jersey

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Subban, P.K.Devils du New JerseyLNH-1 983 870 $111---6871118--
Smith, TyExempté du ballottageDevils du New JerseyJunior-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaARI)---100------
Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (Logo de Canucks de VancouverVAN)---100------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Eriksson, LouiCanucks de VancouverLNH-1 322 580 $111---496814--
Hughes, QuinnExempté du ballottageCanucks de VancouverLNH-202 061 $111---6884553--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial18 010 834 $2145685514
Variation459 229 $100-200
Final18 470 063 $ (↑)22 (↑)45683 (↓)51474249

Logo de Canucks de VancouverCanucks de Vancouver

La transaction a eu lieu alors que la LTIR est utilisée
Allègement provenant de la liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR): 8 666 667 $
Portion de la LTIR utilisée avant la transaction: 4 697 500 $
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Eriksson, LouiCanucks de VancouverLNH-6 000 000 $111---496814--
Hughes, QuinnExempté du ballottageCanucks de VancouverLNH-916 667 $111---6884553--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Subban, P.K.Devils du New JerseyLNH-9 000 000 $111---6871118--
Smith, TyExempté du ballottageDevils du New JerseyJunior-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaARI)---100------
Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (Logo de Canucks de VancouverVAN)---100------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial3 969 167 $2448633512
Variation-2 083 333 $-100200
Final1 885 834 $ (↓)23 (↓)48635 (↑)512-7-420
20 juill. 2020 à 6 h 9
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 82
I couldn't get the tool to retain salary, but you'd think that NJ would have to at least retain 50%. Maybe they do even more than that. It's only 2 seasons left on Subban's deal.

This allows them to keep their core of young forwards together with enough retention on Subban.

I just want to see the Hughes brothers get to play together.

There were some permutations I was messing with where you include Palmieri//Gusev/Severson with some more draft picks and it gets to be a hefty package for VAN.

Would Jersey ever trade Jack the other way though? And what about Nico, is he untouchable?

Hmmm
20 juill. 2020 à 11 h 5
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Vancouver laughs and hangs up.

The VAN 1st counteracts the negative value of Subban’s contract (yes I know it’s 50% retained) and Ty Smith and the 11th to 16th pick aren’t getting you Hughes, even with Eriksson attached.
remowilliams, reelkena et Remus a aimé ceci.
20 juill. 2020 à 11 h 54
Démarrer sujet
IG vincemark78
@Kotkaniemi15 At first I had more involved but when I looked at it I was like "This seems like a lot"

I also had Boeser involved but decided to take him out. You could add him into this and have Palmieri coming back, another draft pick, or Bratt, McLeod, Wood, Gusev, you name it.

This IS a stacked draft class as well.

I know Subban had a **** year but you have to think he could fill in at least 50% of Hughes point production for the remainder of his deal.

But I haven't seen Hughes play really. I just know he's super good and has fantastic passing vision.

What about the other way then, do we think Jersey might trade Jack?

Either way those 2 1st rounders DO have tons of value league wide; the NHL loves their 1st round picks. If VAN wanted to turn around and use them to try and get somebody else in a deal, like do another Tampa steal with Johnson, Palat, Point or maybe somebody like Rakell from ANA, they'd be able to.

Skies the limit when you have 2 1st rounders to use in trades.
20 juill. 2020 à 11 h 55
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Technically the math makes sense on this as far as value. But...

No chance Quinn moves. Not for McDavid. Quinn is just more important and cost protected. He goes nowhere for anything.

Also if we took PK's roughly 5 million per we would be more screwed than with Loui. This would lock Tanev out of a re up and theres no way we can justify paying a first to get rid of one year of Subban to Seattle which is what I think we're considering with Loui next year. Paying to move PK like that would look like this trade was a mistake and GM's can't make deals that set them up to look like idiots even if it's not.

You're just not getting the Hughes bros together anytime soon.
vmark et remowilliams a aimé ceci.
20 juill. 2020 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
IG vincemark78
@reelkena I thought about that; if anybody had brought up a trade for Crosby or Malkin in 2007 or 8 I'd of been like "you don't trade those types of players"

I wasn't sure if Quinn was in that ballpark, but after the year he had and being a Calder finalist, I figured he probably was.

When it comes to Subban, Jersey could go ham and literally retain upwards of 50%. Two years of PK at 4.5M does not sound bad to me, but they might be able to get it down to like 3M. Plus the VAN PP is nasty so he might be able to find a resurgence there.

If you're trying to retain Tanev, that's where this can become more of a salary dump for VAN as well. On their end throw in whoever is willing to waive their NTC of Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, and any of Benn, Stecher, Virtanen or whoever else they'd feel comfortable moving.

You're a Nucks fan. This is about to be a tough offseason for Benning when it comes to signings. It's not fair but Luongo retiring actually really jacked up your cap situation in some crucial years...
But then again so did signing Sutter, Beagle, and Roussel to long term deals
20 juill. 2020 à 13 h 10
Fanboys make bad Gms
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Quoting: vmark
@reelkena I thought about that; if anybody had brought up a trade for Crosby or Malkin in 2007 or 8 I'd of been like "you don't trade those types of players"

I wasn't sure if Quinn was in that ballpark, but after the year he had and being a Calder finalist, I figured he probably was.

When it comes to Subban, Jersey could go ham and literally retain upwards of 50%. Two years of PK at 4.5M does not sound bad to me, but they might be able to get it down to like 3M. Plus the VAN PP is nasty so he might be able to find a resurgence there.

If you're trying to retain Tanev, that's where this can become more of a salary dump for VAN as well. On their end throw in whoever is willing to waive their NTC of Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, and any of Benn, Stecher, Virtanen or whoever else they'd feel comfortable moving.

You're a Nucks fan. This is about to be a tough offseason for Benning when it comes to signings. It's not fair but Luongo retiring actually really jacked up your cap situation in some crucial years...
But then again so did signing Sutter, Beagle, and Roussel to long term deals

We understand free agent signings are gonna bury us. We just can't put money into more bad defensemen. We have Myers.
remowilliams a aimé ceci.
20 juill. 2020 à 18 h 40
Former Hockey Fan
@Kotkaniemi15 At first I had more involved but when I looked at it I was like "This seems like a lot"

I also had Boeser involved but decided to take him out. You could add him into this and have Palmieri coming back, another draft pick, or Bratt, McLeod, Wood, Gusev, you name it.

This IS a stacked draft class as well.

I know Subban had a **** year but you have to think he could fill in at least 50% of Hughes point production for the remainder of his deal.

But I haven't seen Hughes play really. I just know he's super good and has fantastic passing vision.

What about the other way then, do we think Jersey might trade Jack?

Either way those 2 1st rounders DO have tons of value league wide; the NHL loves their 1st round picks. If VAN wanted to turn around and use them to try and get somebody else in a deal, like do another Tampa steal with Johnson, Palat, Point or maybe somebody like Rakell from ANA, they'd be able to.

Skies the limit when you have 2 1st rounders to use in trades.

First off, neither of the Hughes brothers (that are currently in the NHL) are getting traded.

As for the Subban & a 1st part, the price for Marleau’s $6.5 million was a first, so Subban’s $9 million total should cost at least that. And this draft is overhyped, just like every single draft before it happens. There are good players, but this is just an average draft like any other. The sky certainly is not the limit with 2 1st rounders. 2 1sts gets you Blake Coleman, not a franchise player in Quinn Hughes. For Subban you’re looking at a 3rd of Hughes’s production, with way more defensive mistakes. The only team where Subban could be an effective defenseman is where a team is so deep on D that they can shelter Subban to only PP time and offensive zone starts against the other team’s worst players.

And adding Boeser would make this deal even worse.

I think you’re vastly overvaluing the 1sts, and vastly undervaluing Quinn Hughes.
Remus et remowilliams a aimé ceci.
20 juill. 2020 à 19 h 38
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
@Kotkaniemi15 Not Hoping for Perfetti anymore?
20 juill. 2020 à 19 h 55
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsFan9
@Kotkaniemi15 Not Hoping for Perfetti anymore?

Lol. I’m just so sick of people trading Ristolainen for Domi, and acting like he isn’t one of the worst defensemen in the NHL. But I am still hoping for Perfetti, however unlikely that may be. wink
Remus, SlafCaufZuki et remowilliams a aimé ceci.
20 juill. 2020 à 20 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,382
I think I need to stop coming on here for a while
Kotkaniemi15 et reelkena a aimé ceci.
20 juill. 2020 à 20 h 28
Démarrer sujet
IG vincemark78
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
First off, neither of the Hughes brothers (that are currently in the NHL) are getting traded.

As for the Subban & a 1st part, the price for Marleau’s $6.5 million was a first, so Subban’s $9 million total should cost at least that. And this draft is overhyped, just like every single draft before it happens. There are good players, but this is just an average draft like any other. The sky certainly is not the limit with 2 1st rounders. 2 1sts gets you Blake Coleman, not a franchise player in Quinn Hughes. For Subban you’re looking at a 3rd of Hughes’s production, with way more defensive mistakes. The only team where Subban could be an effective defenseman is where a team is so deep on D that they can shelter Subban to only PP time and offensive zone starts against the other team’s worst players.

And adding Boeser would make this deal even worse.

I think you’re vastly overvaluing the 1sts, and vastly undervaluing Quinn Hughes.

I think you're vastly undervaluing draft capital, PK Subban, the market in general, and VAN's need to sign other players.

First off, I guess you missed the part where I said NJ should retain salary. I'd say, to pull this off, they could even go upwards of 60% retention. Subban for 2 years at 4M or less is totally workable. What you just said about Subban putting up a 3rd of Hughes production is an opinion; the guy was a Norris finalist 2 seasons ago and his career numbers are really good, both analytically and traditionally.

He's also noticeably better throughout his career defensively than Hughes was in his first season. Look it up. Hughes is a much more offensively inclined D than Subban with about a 50/50 split for his career split between O and D zones, compared to Hughes 58/42. As you can see, Subban is much less reliant on starting in the O zone than Quinn is.

For you to sit here and say that he is that bad on D is silly. If he sucks this year so be it, but first year on NJ and they were a dumpster fire of a team. If you don't think he could quarterback the VAN PP you're kidding yourself.

So you're analysis of Subban is just wrong. He is not that bad whatsoever. He still plays over 22 minutes a night like he has his entire career and he still can put up numbers in the right situation. He is included in this trade because he is the best option on NJ to fill Hughes spot and VAN is still a win now team.

Next, for you to say this draft is overhyped beforehand like they all are is just wrong. Some classes are noticeably weaker, and some are stronger. I remember, in 2012, that it was said to be a fairly weak year. Looking back that was a true assessment. I don't know enough about this one to say that it is legitimately good or bad, but I've heard more than once that this was supposed to be an especially deep class.

But whatever, it's still 2 1st round picks. They don't have to use them, and other teams would love to get them.

So with the retention of Subban by NJ, VAN also gets more cap space with this trade. That would be another plus of doing it, because they have a bunch of players they need to resign, both this offseason and over the next couple.

They get draft capital, cap room, and TWO players who can help the team in this trade. Subban would slot in for most, if not all, of Hughes minutes right away. Surrounded by supreme offensive talent, he would probably have a resurgent year.

Ty Smith, who you completely ignored, was a former 1st round pick who could potentially slot into a top 4 role in the next 2-3 years. He is by no means a throw in as he has legitimate promise.

I am certainly not overrating the 1sts, I am simply treating them as the league treats them: as highly valuable pieces to building a team. What if NJ took one of the later ones away, and included theirs instead, slated at #7? Would that make a difference? It should; I chose not to include that one because of how much they were already giving up for Hughes. I look at it like this.

Ty Smith, PK Subban at 45-80% retention and 2 1sts for Hughes. That seems fair to me honestly.

And that has nothing to do with me undervaluing Quinn.

That's a legitimate package for anybody in the league. When was the last time you saw 2 1st round picks traded for anybody, now that I think of it?

Subban isn't a throw in. He had a bad year on a bad team. It happens.

Eriksson is a throw in because to make this deal NJ has to take him off their hands.

So you couple that package with the cap freedom of no more Eriksson and it's a fair deal.

But of course I get why VAN wouldn't do it, because they love Quinn and he's young af.

That's why this is a fake trade on a website.
21 juill. 2020 à 11 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 1,167
canucks would not trade quinn period. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.you are delerious if you think your trade is even close.
reelkena a aimé ceci.
21 juill. 2020 à 13 h 23
Démarrer sujet
IG vincemark78
@remowilliams I guess you don't read so well. That's ok though don't feel bad about it, just ya know, so you don't sound silly in the future, maybe read the comments before saying things.

To reiterate: I don't think that VAN would trade Quinn in RL.

But yea this trade is def close so you're completely wrong there.

And, if Fitzgerald hit up Benning with this exact package, he would certainly at look at it, and most likely counter offer.

Because they want Eriksson off the books more than anything ATM.

BTW I loved that movie, Remo Williams, so I respect your username there guy.
21 juill. 2020 à 15 h 39
Mentions "j'aime": 1,167
MY OPINION again they will NEVER trade QUINN period.
21 juill. 2020 à 17 h 45
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,382
@remowilliams I guess you don't read so well. That's ok though don't feel bad about it, just ya know, so you don't sound silly in the future, maybe read the comments before saying things.

And, if Fitzgerald hit up Benning with this exact package, he would certainly at look at it, and most likely counter offer.

Except its not close you're overvaluing Subban and vastly undervaluing Hughes stop getting pissy because your trade is garbage
remowilliams a aimé ceci.
22 juill. 2020 à 6 h 5
Démarrer sujet
IG vincemark78
@TheAlien

It is super close and I demonstrated why that is quite clearly. If you can't see that, I'd assume you went to school with Remo and have trouble reading.

You're overvaluing your own opinion with ZERO support while vastly undervaluing mine.

I bid you good day.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage