Forums/Armchair-GM

still the worst

Créé par: Gordon_Bombay
Équipe: 2020-21 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 18 juill. 2020
Publié: 18 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The only forwards that are there long term are: Mantha, Zadina, Larkin, Bertuzzi.
Other than those everybody expect Abdelkader will be gone within 2 years

But I don't think the young players are ready to really contribute to a winning roster next season.

Next season, they would have 2 first round picks, a very high second and two other seconds, those could then be used for trading for players who other teams cannot protect in the expansion draft (Detroit should not struggle with that)
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
65 500 000 $
21 000 000 $
23 200 000 $
76 200 000 $
2700 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
23 300 000 $
11 000 000 $
Transactions
DET
  1. Alzner, Karl
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
MTL
DET
  1. Baertschi, Sven
  2. Eriksson, Loui
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
VAN
STL
    3 way deal with Washington (assuming Holtby is leaving and they want a proven backup for young Samsonov). St. Louis would probably like to keep him, but the question is if they can cap wise.
    DET
    1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (VGK)
    Détails additionnels:
    Do you think this is fair?
    WSH
    1. Allen, Jake (2 175 000 $ retained)
    DET
    1. Stastny, Paul
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (VGK)
    VGK
    1. Filppula, Valtteri (1 000 000 $ retained)
    2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (DET)
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de DET
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de DET
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de DET
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de DET
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    Logo de DET
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $80 136 665 $0 $1 140 000 $1 363 335 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    6 200 000 $6 200 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 4
    3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    3 366 666 $3 366 666 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    775 833 $775 833 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance157 500 $$158K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    3 300 000 $3 300 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    894 166 $894 166 $
    DG
    RFA - 1
    6 083 333 $6 083 333 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    C, AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 15
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Rejoint: oct. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
    Alzner costs more to dump
    aedoran et BStinson a aimé ceci.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 19
    Rejoint: nov. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 457
    Habs have no need to be trading Alzner...they have tons of cap space even with him in the minors. They can sign everyone they need to sign and still have 6-8M in space. Trading Alzner is stupid. Might as well wait until next year when there is only 1 year left on the deal and the sweetener doesn’t have to be as much
    Jo_Habs77 et BorisBagel66 a aimé ceci.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 19
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 587
    Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan

possible. But do you think in general the trading would make sense for Detroit in terms of what I was doing? I think it would be another year of being bad, but after that, I think it would give Detroit a lot of options, especially with the expansion draft coming.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 20
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Rejoint: oct. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
    Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
    possible. But do you think in general the trading would make sense for Detroit in terms of what I was doing? I think it would be another year of being bad, but after that, I think it would give Detroit a lot of options, especially with the expansion draft coming.

If I was DET I would take on some short-term cap dumps for young pieces and picks but also make some moves with players who can still play and re-establish their value to flip like Steen, Stepan, Stastny, etc.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 22
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Lochness1202
    Habs have no need to be trading Alzner...they have tons of cap space even with him in the minors. They can sign everyone they need to sign and still have 6-8M in space. Trading Alzner is stupid. Might as well wait until next year when there is only 1 year left on the deal and the sweetener doesn’t have to be as much

Do you think the Habs are fine with not making the playoffs? I think with the team they have, they are going to finish 6th or 7th in their division.
    MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 25
    Do you think the Habs are fine with not making the playoffs? I think with the team they have, they are going to finish 6th or 7th in their division.

So please explain to me what an extra 5M in space is going to do? Who will they sign/trade for with only an extra 5M than will make them go from 6th to contender...
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 26
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 641
    Like the Greiss signing, but I think we could get more for taking on cap in each of the deals. Vancouver for example the 1st is just the cost of taking on Eriksson, they would need to add to include Baertschi too.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 26
    Démarrer sujet
    If I was DET I would take on some short-term cap dumps for young pieces and picks but also make some moves with players who can still play and re-establish their value to flip like Steen, Stepan, Stastny, etc.

Fair enough. I think I made some of those, but not only. But I think no matter what they do, they will be one of, or probably the worst team in the league again.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 28
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 282
    Why is Vegas giving up a 2nd and moving Stastny for a 36yo that was -42?
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 28
    Démarrer sujet
    So please explain to me what an extra 5M in space is going to do? Who will they sign/trade for with only an extra 5M than will make them go from 6th to contender...

Not a contender. They will probably not be one in the next 3-5 years. But at least being in the hunt for the Wildcard spot. I think Buffalo will be a better team than the Habs next year and proably also Ottawa.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: MGK
    Why is Vegas giving up a 2nd and moving Stastny for a 36yo that was -42?

because they have no cap space at all. They have like 5m cap space to sign 6 players.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 34
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 282
    because they have no cap space at all. They have like 5m cap space to sign 6 players.

The only ones they have to get signed are Stephenson, Cousins and a backup.
    And they'll go with 21 or 22 skaters again.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 37
    MisstheWhalers
    Rejoint: janv. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 12,308
    Not a contender. They will probably not be one in the next 3-5 years. But at least being in the hunt for the Wildcard spot. I think Buffalo will be a better team than the Habs next year and proably also Ottawa.

The Habs need to spend some of their cap space on better depth players so they can sustain injuries, as they're presently built they can't which was obvious this season but some Habs fans don't seem to care about making the playoffs, they seem to think they're going to go from non playoff team to contender in one season when all their prospects magically mature into stud players in one off season.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 39
    Subbanator
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,226

6th or 7th in the division.........which of Buffalo, Ottawa or Detroit is making this sudden jump? Pretty sure both Ottawa and Detroit are signed up for lottery picks already next year and Buffalo needs to get thier executives sorted out before you see them make a push for the playoffs. Where as the Habs literally just need to stay healthy and have a better pp and they become better then Florida, who also by the way is trying to cut 10 million from thier cap and set themselves up with an internal budget.

Odds are the Habs are the team to move up in the divison next year.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 39
    Démarrer sujet

Also I think Bergevin would actually like to keep his GM job. But he took over in 2012 and their best seasons were right after (so basically not with a team he drafted and built), after that, It more or less went south.

Made it to the playoffs once in 5 years, where they lost in the first round in 6. What he is doing now for some years is being stuck in the middle. Not bad enough to be terribe and rebuild, but also not good enough to make it to the playoffs.
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 49
    Boris Bagel
    Rejoint: févr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 84
    Habs pass easier to buy him
    Out or send to Laval
    18 juill. 2020 à 10 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Subbanator7667
    6th or 7th in the division.........which of Buffalo, Ottawa or Detroit is making this sudden jump? Pretty sure both Ottawa and Detroit are signed up for lottery picks already next year and Buffalo needs to get thier executives sorted out before you see them make a push for the playoffs. Where as the Habs literally just need to stay healthy and have a better pp and they become better then Florida, who also by the way is trying to cut 10 million from thier cap and set themselves up with an internal budget.

Odds are the Habs are the team to move up in the divison next year.

I don't think so. Buffalo and Montreal were on the same level this year. The Habs had 3 points more in 2 more games. And the Habs did not have more injuries than other teams

Ottawa is actually a team that is rising. They have a lot of talented players and are growing

Teams with more Man-games lost this season than Montreal: CBJ, WPG, PIT, DET, OTT, CHI, BUF, VAN, BOS, TOR, COL, STL, COL, EDM, SJS, NYI
    18 juill. 2020 à 11 h 28
    mokumboi
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
    Okay, so what do the Blues get in this Allen trade?
    18 juill. 2020 à 12 h 3
    Subbanator
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
    I don't think so. Buffalo and Montreal were on the same level this year. The Habs had 3 points more in 2 more games. And the Habs did not have more injuries than other teams

Ottawa is actually a team that is rising. They have a lot of talented players and are growing

Teams with more Man-games lost this season than Montreal: CBJ, WPG, PIT, DET, OTT, CHI, BUF, VAN, BOS, TOR, COL, STL, COL, EDM, SJS, NYI

Injuries is just in general, they dont have a ton of depth, to be the same or better they need to stay healthy.

You look at MTLs advanced stats and it points out that they generate good shot rates, good high danger scoring chances but thier finishing is lacking because of no true ppg or "star" player in the line up and the powerplay being in the bottom of the league most of the season.

You look at the Atlantic in general and the Habs have to do the least amount of work to either stay the same or improve. Ottawa is good but still not gonna be there for a couple years, which is they way they likely want it. Detroit is the obvious bottom feeder. That leaves Buffalo and Florida, both of which have thier own turmoil. Buffalo fired 22 people this off season and need to rely on a new GM to steer them into a good off season for them to make a jump over the Habs or risk upsetting thier star again. Florida has stated they want to cut salary by 10 million, pretty hard to do that and stay competitive, signs point to them going through rough times ahead.

So like I said, Habs have to do the least to stay the same or move up compared to the other 4 division teams.
    18 juill. 2020 à 13 h 7
    Brad Boyes please Wq
    Rejoint: août 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 714
    That Vegas Trade. Bruh
    18 juill. 2020 à 13 h 18
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Subbanator7667
    Injuries is just in general, they dont have a ton of depth, to be the same or better they need to stay healthy.

You look at MTLs advanced stats and it points out that they generate good shot rates, good high danger scoring chances but thier finishing is lacking because of no true ppg or "star" player in the line up and the powerplay being in the bottom of the league most of the season.

You look at the Atlantic in general and the Habs have to do the least amount of work to either stay the same or improve. Ottawa is good but still not gonna be there for a couple years, which is they way they likely want it. Detroit is the obvious bottom feeder. That leaves Buffalo and Florida, both of which have thier own turmoil. Buffalo fired 22 people this off season and need to rely on a new GM to steer them into a good off season for them to make a jump over the Habs or risk upsetting thier star again. Florida has stated they want to cut salary by 10 million, pretty hard to do that and stay competitive, signs point to them going through rough times ahead.

So like I said, Habs have to do the least to stay the same or move up compared to the other 4 division teams.

I am not sure. I think Ottawa has more talent, but their corps is extremely young. But I think Ottawa is actually playing the game the right way.

Buffalo has their issues, but just based on talent and how their roster is built, they should be a better team than Montreal in the near future.

I think what Montreal has going for them is that their coach is doing quite a good job with what is given to him.

And Florida might have to make some changes, but the Corps of players is still kind of good.

I don't see Montreal as better than any of the other teams other than Detroit. I think this season, Detroit was closer to win the Calder Cup than finishing second last in the league.
    18 juill. 2020 à 15 h 9
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,899

I agree Detroit would need more to take Alzner. I can't see Detroit taking on $8.3M for two years for a 1st in a draft that's a year away.
    18 juill. 2020 à 16 h 14
    Also I think Bergevin would actually like to keep his GM job. But he took over in 2012 and their best seasons were right after (so basically not with a team he drafted and built), after that, It more or less went south.

Made it to the playoffs once in 5 years, where they lost in the first round in 6. What he is doing now for some years is being stuck in the middle. Not bad enough to be terribe and rebuild, but also not good enough to make it to the playoffs.

Yea I understand the need to make the playoffs. But you’re not making sense. You’re just saying clear space (and paying a premium to do so) but you have no plan for what to do with it.

Once everyone is signed habs should have around 9M in cap space WITH Alzner. So explain to me what you can do with 15M that you can’t do with 9M. You’re gonna to sign hall and peitrangelo?!?! I don’t see what you want to do with 15M in space...

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage