Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2581 500 000 $80 507 712 $0 $4 762 500 $992 288 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C, AG
UFA - 2
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 4
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
975 000 $975 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
847 500 $847 500 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AD, C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
4 375 000 $4 375 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 2
2 325 000 $2 325 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 juill. 2020 à 17 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 641
Why would either of those teams take Eriksson for Free? Kesler can just sit on LTIR in Anaheim, and New Jersey has more than enough cap space.
DevilsFanInTX et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2020 à 18 h 28
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 335
i think it really depends on LE... he is and was never a good fit for the Canucks, for what ever reason it just never worked out, not he looks like a bottom 6/AHL level player. but don't forget he had 3 consecutive 70 point seasons as well as 2 more over 60 points. i really wonder if all that is just gone? or if he just needs a change of scenery, which would make a trade just the thing he needs. but who's gonna gamble 6 mil for 2 years on a hope and a prayer.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2020 à 18 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 75
Quoting: Seider53
Why would either of those teams take Eriksson for Free? Kesler can just sit on LTIR in Anaheim, and New Jersey has more than enough cap space.

Eriksson is owed $5M for the remainder of his contract (excluding his signing bonus from this year which would be paid prior to any trade).

Anaheim takes this deal if their insurer pays less than 62.5% of Kesler's salary while he is on LTIR because the swap would provide savings in real dollars. Essentially, Anaheim saves money while adding a serviceable forward with a decent defensive game.

New Jersey takes this deal as Schneider is owed $7M more than Eriksson for the remainder of his contract. Additionally, Eriksson is still a serviceable forward with a decent defensive game whereas Schneider has managed to clear waivers in the past and evidently struggles at the NHL level.
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: canucks_Fan_53
i think it really depends on LE... he is and was never a good fit for the Canucks, for what ever reason it just never worked out, not he looks like a bottom 6/AHL level player. but don't forget he had 3 consecutive 70 point seasons as well as 2 more over 60 points. i really wonder if all that is just gone? or if he just needs a change of scenery, which would make a trade just the thing he needs. but who's gonna gamble 6 mil for 2 years on a hope and a prayer.

I wonder if playing in a Canadian market had an adverse impact on his play so perhaps a change of scenery could be the spark he needs to get going again. Given it is unlikely that a team takes the gamble on Eriksson, perhaps the savings in real dollars for either Anaheim or New Jersey justifies the swap.
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 3
Quoting: nuxfan
Eriksson is owed $5M for the remainder of his contract (excluding his signing bonus from this year which would be paid prior to any trade).

Anaheim takes this deal if their insurer pays less than 62.5% of Kesler's salary while he is on LTIR because the swap would provide savings in real dollars. Essentially, Anaheim saves money while adding a serviceable forward with a decent defensive game.

New Jersey takes this deal as Schneider is owed $7M more than Eriksson for the remainder of his contract. Additionally, Eriksson is still a serviceable forward with a decent defensive game whereas Schneider has managed to clear waivers in the past and evidently struggles at the NHL level.

I don't think even Eugene Melnyk is tight fisted enough to help out another team to save money as an owner. You've gotta give a major asset up to get rid of Eriksson dude.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 11
Démarrer sujet
I don't think even Eugene Melnyk is tight fisted enough to help out another team to save money as an owner. You've gotta give a major asset up to get rid of Eriksson dude.

Anaheim gets a player who costs less and still plays (plus could improve with a change of scenery) while Vancouver adds salary to their books for a player who does not play.

New Jersey gets a player who costs way less and is a much better asset than what they are giving up while Vancouver adds salary to their books for a player that struggles at the NHL level.
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 13
Anaheim gets a player who costs less and still plays (plus could improve with a change of scenery) while Vancouver adds salary to their books for a player who does not play.

New Jersey gets a player who costs way less and is a much better asset than what they are giving up while Vancouver adds salary to their books for a player that struggles at the NHL level.

Ok, and what are you going to add to the New Jersey and Anaheim deals to make the value even vaguely reasonable? I'd look at a 1st, but depending on the GM you may well need to add. The 30 other GMs know how screwed the Canucks are if you don't dump cap.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 17
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,580
Modifié 17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 31. Raison: wanted to add a P.S.

The fallacy in your thinking is the idea that Eriksson is "a serviceable forward" for Anaheim. The Ducks have young forwards that they are integrating into the future core that are all more valuable than Eriksson and deserve more ice time: Heinen, Milano, Jones, Comtois and even Des Lauriers are the LWs on the squad now who merit playing time, and that's not counting Rakell and someone being promoted this year (like Braden Tracey). Moreover, your financial premise is wrong: Anaheim's insurer pays 80% of Kesler's compensation, so the Ducks won't show a monetary profit on this exchange until Eriksson's cost comes down below $1,335,000 per year (or $2,670,000 in the aggregate).

@Seider53 has it right: you'd have to give up quite a bit to get anyone to take Eriksson, and you'd probably have to retain about $1.5 or $2 million while doing it. Look at the David Backes trade. By that standard, Eriksson with $2 million retained plus *Jett Woo for someone like Max Jones is about the right price.

Late edit: as @Seider53 points out, I left out the first-round draft pick to make this comparable to the Backes exchange
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 20
Quoting: OldNYIfan
The fallacy in your thinking is the idea that Eriksson is "a serviceable forward" for Anaheim. The Ducks have young forwards that they are integrating into the future core that are all more valuable than Eriksson and deserve more ice time: Heinen, Milano, Jones, Comtois and even Des Lauriers are the LWs on the squad now who merit playing time, and that's not counting Rakell and someone being promoted this year (like Braden Tracey). Moreover, your financial premise is wrong: Anaheim's insurer pays 80% of Kesler's compensation, so the Ducks won't show a monetary profit on this exchange until Eriksson's cost comes down below $1,335,000 per year (or $2,670,000 in the aggregate).

@Seider53 has it right: you'd have to give up quite a bit to get anyone to take Eriksson, and you'd probably have to retain about $1.5 or $2 million while doing it. Look at the David Backes trade. By that standard, Eriksson with $2 million retained plus Jett Woo for someone like Max Jones is about the right price.

I honestly think you might be selling Anaheim a bit short there. Remember Marleau required a 1st round pick to be dumped on Carolina last year, and when that trade was made we predicted an increasing cap. I cannot imagine this costing less. A team like Detroit would probably take Eriksson without retention, but you're going to be paying a premium to get him off the books.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2020 à 19 h 28
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,580
I honestly think you might be selling Anaheim a bit short there. Remember Marleau required a 1st round pick to be dumped on Carolina last year, and when that trade was made we predicted an increasing cap. I cannot imagine this costing less. A team like Detroit would probably take Eriksson without retention, but you're going to be paying a premium to get him off the books.

I carelessly forgot the first-round draft pick.
30 juill. 2020 à 13 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Ok, and what are you going to add to the New Jersey and Anaheim deals to make the value even vaguely reasonable? I'd look at a 1st, but depending on the GM you may well need to add. The 30 other GMs know how screwed the Canucks are if you don't dump cap.

The Schneider for Eriksson trade seems relatively reasonable given they both have little to no trade value; perhaps a swap of late picks would seal the deal. Also, Schneider is owed more $$$ than Eriksson so something like Schneider + 3rd rounder for Eriksson + 4th rounder? I understand that some GMs will be looking for a considerable return for taking on cap given Vancouver's situation and the flat cap; however, the Leafs gave up a 1st rounder to dump Marleau while the Canucks gave up a 1st rounder to take JT Miller off Tampa's hands. Not trying to compare Miller to Eriksson, rather the idea that dumping cap will require a package that works for both teams. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how the Canucks manage their cap going forward.
30 juill. 2020 à 13 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan

@Seider53 has it right: you'd have to give up quite a bit to get anyone to take Eriksson, and you'd probably have to retain about $1.5 or $2 million while doing it. Look at the David Backes trade. By that standard, Eriksson with $2 million retained plus *Jett Woo for someone like Max Jones is about the right price.

Late edit: as @Seider53 points out, I left out the first-round draft pick to make this comparable to the Backes exchange

I understand Anaheim has players who need more ice time, so Eriksson would end up being a healthy scratch who could step in for an injured player or perhaps sent to the minors and called up if need be. My financial premise was based on Anaheim's insurer "pay[ing] less than 62.5% of Kesler's salary"; I too had understood an insurer covers 80% of an LTIR player's salary until I stumbled upon this article https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/how-the-nhls-salary-cap-has-created-a-secondary-market-of-injured-players-and-costlycontracts/article36220762/ which states "Insurance sometimes covers up to 80 per cent of the salary of a player on long-term injury reserve."; however, in the event that Anaheim's insurer covers 80% of Kesler's compensation, you would be correct in stating Anaheim would not show a monetary profit in this deal.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage