Theodore-Pulock

Hellebuyck
Jarry

Extras: Petan, Toews, Campbell

PP1-mackinnon, Barkov, Pettersson, Barzal, makar
PP2-Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand, Hamilton, Huberdeau
PK1-Couturier, Bergeron, Pulock, Slavin
PK2-Barkov, Danault, Josi, Theodore

@Cheddamonkey37 === feel free to make a case for your team.

Please vote in the poll.

Winner moves on to the next round.

Thanks.
11 juill. 2020 à 14 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,467
A case for my team.

(If you’re prepared for a long read.)

Line 1=(Guentzel-MacKinnon-Rust)
The Pittsburgh Duo combine with one of the best centres in the league to create a speedy line that can score goals. Rust had a breakout year and scored at a 40 Goal pace this year while Guentzel was on pace for 42 goals and would have shattered his season high for points before going headfirst into the boards…that ended his season…just to clarify….but hey he’s back and a huge boost for the pens in the playoffs. MacKinnon has established himself as a top-5 centre in the league and was in the Hart conversation this year as he elevated his team despite not having Mikko Rantanen for a large chunk of the season. With a corsi over 54% and scoring 1.35 Points per game, He was on pace for his best statistical season before the pause(111 PTS).

Line 2=(Marchand-Crosby-Pastrnak)
The perfection line just got even more perfect. I could stop there but just consider 2 of the top-10 wingers in the league with arguably the greatest centre in the world. Ahh. That’s nice. Marchand averaged over 1.2 PTS/G for the 3rd straight season while Pastrnak tied Ovi for the most goals in the league. Put him with the best playmaker in the world…..just imagine…..
“Quick, make a Pastrnak to PIT trade…..lol”

Line 3=(Huberdeau-Barkov-Pettersson)
Wow, what a 3rd line. The EPIC Florida connection that in the last 2 seasons (151 GP) has amassed a combined stat line of 108 G, 220 A for 328 PTS helped their team have the 2nd best PP% (26.77%) in the league last year. Oh and by the way, Elias Pettersson (last year’s Calder Trophy winner) has entered the league in spectacular fashion nothing back to back 66 PT seasons at the ripe old age of 21.

Line 4=(Mantha-Zibenejad-Anderson)
Only the greatest 4th Line ever created. Mantha is a rising star and part of the only good line Detroit has. He had 38 PTS in 43 GP this year as he was limited due to injury. Anderson had an incredible year last year almost hitting 50 PTS and was a huge part of Columbus upsetting Tampa. Zibanejad has quietly become an elite centre in the league. His 0.72 Goals per game led the league this year, edging our Ovi and Pasta. Injuries kept him from being in the scoring race with (only lol) 41 Goals/75 Points, but an EPIC 5 goal game made all the highlights.

D 1=(Josi-Pietrangelo)
Arguably the 2 of the best defensemen in the NHL(insert Hedman somewhere to round out top-3). Josi was Norris caliber this year. He drove Nashvilles offense and stabilized the defence. He was almost at a point a game this year. Pietrangelo is the captain of the defending Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. With over 50 PTS this year and solid possession numbers, he has another great season.

D 2=(Hughes-Makar)
Two Defensemen who battled it out all year for the Calder trophy have each vaulted themselves into the top-10 Defensemen conversation. They each recorded over 50 points total and aided on the power play. Two of the best young Dmen in the league on the 2nd pair.

D 3=(Pelech-Deangelo)
Deangelo had a monster breakout year with 53 points. He is a great offensive defenseman and with Pelech tracking back can fully use his offensive capabilities. The aforementioned Pelech is a top-pair D on a very-good-defensively Islanders team. A 1st pair on some teams for sure.

G=(Kuemper/Merzlikins)
I think Keumper is a bit underrated because he plays in Arizona and gets almost no publicity. With Arizona and even LA/MIN before that his stats are quite impressive. The last two seasons his key stats are: .926 SV%, 2.29 GAA, 7 Shut outs, Quality Start % of around .70%. He was so good last year he received votes for the Hart and Vezina along with the All Star Game. Merzlikins has an incredible rookie year with a .923%, 2.35 GAA, 5 SO, and a Goals saved above average of 12.10. I think he would have been an All star but was injured before. This is a very underrated but very solid goalie tandem.

Extras-(Graves, Coleman, Jarry)
One sub at each position. Graves led the league in +/-(+40)(I know it’s a flawed stat). He also had 26 PTS, 150 BLK, and 112 Hits. Coleman has quietly piled up 30+ point seasons and plays a good two way game. A great 13th forward who will play hard. Jarry stole the #1 job from Murray for a majority of the year with a .921/2.43 and was an All-Star. My subs are starters on every NHL team. Super deep team.

The PP has simply way too much talent!

The PK has some good two way players and some offensive punch.

Bonus points if you read the whole thing! Thanks!

--@Pens3lieve
Eugene_Meltsner a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2020 à 14 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
villenash a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2020 à 14 h 49
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
I’ll go with @Pens3lieve. I think @Cheddamonkey37 gas the better defence corps, plus Helleybucyk was better than Kuemper this year, but Pens’ offence, especially depth at center makes the difference.
11 juill. 2020 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
I’ll go with @Pens3lieve. I think @Cheddamonkey37 gas the better defence corps, plus Helleybucyk was better than Kuemper this year, but Pens’ offence, especially depth at center makes the difference.

thanks, dude. give me a vote as well, lol
11 juill. 2020 à 14 h 56
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Wish you had gone with better defensive D man for 3rd pair over DeAngelo.
11 juill. 2020 à 15 h 26
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,197
I would really wish to see team's build with defensive checking 4th line and a shutdown DMen Duo. This isn't the 1980's fire bandwagon or an Allstar Game contest is it ?
11 juill. 2020 à 17 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: Trickster
Wish you had gone with better defensive D man for 3rd pair over DeAngelo.

is pelech not good defensively though? bc I thought it would be Ok to have a more offensive guy and a more defensive guy...
11 juill. 2020 à 17 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
I would really wish to see team's build with defensive checking 4th line and a shutdown DMen Duo. This isn't the 1980's fire bandwagon or an Allstar Game contest is it ?

I'd say it's turned more into an all star game contest--hence prioritizing offence for me. although I made a compelling case for my D and G above. I think they're surprisingly solid.
11 juill. 2020 à 19 h 32
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Hafta say Pens. Chedda (no offense) that depth is very eh and that centre depth - yeeeeeeeeeee

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage