Forums/Armchair-GM

Marner To New Jersey

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2021-22 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 6 juill. 2020
Publié: 6 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
So the Mitch Marner trade series continues.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 750 000 $
32 000 000 $
45 500 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
74 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
56 000 000 $
311 000 000 $
11 500 000 $
1900 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Perfetti, Cole
3925 000 $
Quinn, Jack
3925 000 $
Clarke, Brandt
3925 000 $
Zary, Connor
3925 000 $
Transactions
NJD
  1. Marner, Mitchell (1 563 000 $ retained)
TOR
  1. Palmieri, Kyle
  2. Severson, Damon
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
NJD
    Seattle Expansion Draft
    VGK
    1. Subban, P.K.
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (NYI)
    NJD
    1. Roy, Matt [Droits de RFA]
    Frais appliqués
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2283 000 000 $61 259 430 $0 $3 357 500 $21 740 570 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Perfetti, Cole
    925 000 $925 000 $
    Logo de Devils du New Jersey
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    9 340 000 $9 340 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    863 333 $863 333 $
    AG
    RFA - 3
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 6
    Quinn, Jack
    925 000 $925 000 $
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Zary, Connor
    925 000 $925 000 $
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 822 764 $2 822 764 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 7
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    Clarke, Brandt
    925 000 $925 000 $
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    900 000 $900 000 $
    C
    RFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
    Avantage numérique 2
    Quinn, J.
    Zary, C.
    Clarke, B.
    Infériorité numérique 1
    Infériorité numérique 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    7 juill. 2020 à 17 h 56
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Rejoint: sept. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
    Quoting: oneX
    We'll agree to disagree. Ellis is 30 and heading out of his prime which is why he is not what I would like to add. Manson 3 years ago would be the D I'd add but he's more valuable to Anaheim at this point than for Toronto.

Severson is not good enough imo. Roy I have not seen enough of so I would not just blindly say yes to a trade for him.

Overall trading Marner means trading a guy who has not even entered his prime yet and that is a lose-lose situation.

Quoting: TML_Tika
    All your trades are total garbage for the Leafs. You need to realize that you never win a trade when you trade the best player away in Marner. If you really followed hockey, you would realize this fact and would never consider trading Marner in the first place.

I understand & agree with your point of the Leafs automatically losing the trade if they deal Marner, but sometimes, you have to sacrifice your expensive star players in order to make the team more complete & balanced.
    8 juill. 2020 à 1 h 31
    Rejoint: mars 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
    Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
    I understand & agree with your point of the Leafs automatically losing the trade if they deal Marner, but sometimes, you have to sacrifice your expensive star players in order to make the team more complete & balanced.

Only time you sacrifice a young star player is when you can get a similar quality player in different position. None of your ACGMs have accomplished that.

Dubas will have to get creative if this current D core can't play some steady defense here in the next month or so.
    8 juill. 2020 à 2 h 16
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 443

@MitchMarnerElite I have been a die hard Maple Leafs fan since i was a kid and now a lot older and been waiting for a player like Marner to be on the Leafs for years and then you have trade him away like he is a nobody. You need to give your head a shake and ask yourself why you keep only posting anti-Marner trades. Very disappointing to read your post again.
    8 juill. 2020 à 11 h 57
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: oneX
    Only time you sacrifice a young star player is when you can get a similar quality player in different position. None of your ACGMs have accomplished that.

Dubas will have to get creative if this current D core can't play some steady defense here in the next month or so.

You have to keep in mind that there won’t be many teams interested in trading for Marner & his bloated contract, especially in a flat cap world. Due to this, the return you are seeking is pretty much impossible.

In my ACGMs, the Leafs are usually getting a top 4 RD, a top 6 F & some other pieces. They may not be getting the most valuable piece, but they are ultimately making their roster more balanced.
    8 juill. 2020 à 11 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    @MitchMarnerElite I have been a die hard Maple Leafs fan since i was a kid and now a lot older and been waiting for a player like Marner to be on the Leafs for years and then you have trade him away like he is a nobody. You need to give your head a shake and ask yourself why you keep only posting anti-Marner trades. Very disappointing to read your post again.

I agree that Marner is a great player, but Toronto is overloaded in the Forward position so if they’re going to move anyone, he’s the guy to go. Many Leaf analysts such as Ian Tulloch, Rachel Dorrie, Jeff Veillette & @gordon_bombay have stayed that Marner is the most expendable player on the Leafs since he is nothing special compared to his teammates.
    8 juill. 2020 à 12 h 15
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 587
    I agree that Marner is a great player, but Toronto is overloaded in the Forward position so if they’re going to move anyone, he’s the guy to go. Many Leaf analysts such as Ian Tulloch, Rachel Dorrie, Jeff Veillette & @gordon_bombay have stayed that Marner is the most expendable player on the Leafs since he is nothing special compared to his teammates.

Trading Marner does not really mean being anti Marner. There is the issue of Salary Cap and another one is the roster structure of the Maple Leafs. The Leafs spend 50m of their salary on forwards (most in the NHL). leaving only 30m for goalies and Ds.

Is this problmatic. I think so. Do I care if the Leafs have spectacular players or do I care if they have success?

I would love Marner at in the 8-9.5m x 8 years range, but not in the 10.8m x 6 years. we should not forget the years that make the contract bad.

And we should not care about where Marner is from. Fans might see the emotional part of being from Toronto and some players like Tavares did, as he had some better offers on the table. But do you think Marner was giving the Leafs a hometown discount with this contract?
    8 juill. 2020 à 12 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
    Trading Marner does not really mean being anti Marner. There is the issue of Salary Cap and another one is the roster structure of the Maple Leafs. The Leafs spend 50m of their salary on forwards (most in the NHL). leaving only 30m for goalies and Ds.

Is this problmatic. I think so. Do I care if the Leafs have spectacular players or do I care if they have success?

I would love Marner at in the 8-9.5m x 8 years range, but not in the 10.8m x 6 years. we should not forget the years that make the contract bad.

And we should not care about where Marner is from. Fans might see the emotional part of being from Toronto and some players like Tavares did, as he had some better offers on the table. But do you think Marner was giving the Leafs a hometown discount with this contract?

I agree with you man. Toronto would be in a better spot if Marner took 9x8.
    8 juill. 2020 à 17 h 21

Are you absolutely out of your mind on your view of Mitch Marner. Your comments are just a total embarrassment.
    8 juill. 2020 à 17 h 23

Do you have any concept of what is value in the NHL? Marner is a franchise player for the Leafs and is not going anywhere regardless of what you think.
    9 juill. 2020 à 9 h 45
    Do you have any concept of what is value in the NHL? Marner is a franchise player for the Leafs and is not going anywhere regardless of what you think.

C'on. Everybody knows that Marner is not a franchise player. He one of the more important forwards on this team, but both Matthews and Tavares are more important. Also, Rielly I think. So can you say that a guy who is the 4th best player on the team is the franchise player? Also, he is a winger. Who would you trade Marner 1for 1? Because a Marner will not get you a player like Heiskanen, Makar etc.

Well this might be true, but also the Leafs are kind of going nowhere
    9 juill. 2020 à 18 h 51
    C'on. Everybody knows that Marner is not a franchise player. He one of the more important forwards on this team, but both Matthews and Tavares are more important. Also, Rielly I think. So can you say that a guy who is the 4th best player on the team is the franchise player? Also, he is a winger. Who would you trade Marner 1for 1? Because a Marner will not get you a player like Heiskanen, Makar etc.

Well this might be true, but also the Leafs are kind of going nowhere

Your comments make absolutely no sense and the fact that you think the Leafs are going nowhere is really out to lunch. Marner will be a Leaf long after Matthews and Tavares are gone and on any other team in the NHL but the Leafs people like you and @MitchMarnerElite would be appreciating his true talent.
    10 juill. 2020 à 9 h 3
    Your comments make absolutely no sense and the fact that you think the Leafs are going nowhere is really out to lunch. Marner will be a Leaf long after Matthews and Tavares are gone and on any other team in the NHL but the Leafs people like you and @MitchMarnerElite would be appreciating his true talent.

OK. Did the Leafs win a playoff round recently? The team is clearly good enough to make the playoffs, but I would not say they are among the very best teams.

Tavares is obviously much older than Marner, but if you had to pick between offering Matthews a lot of money or Marner, I think 99/100 people would prefer paying Matthews.
    10 juill. 2020 à 9 h 16
    OK. Did the Leafs win a playoff round recently? The team is clearly good enough to make the playoffs, but I would not say they are among the very best teams.

Tavares is obviously much older than Marner, but if you had to pick between offering Matthews a lot of money or Marner, I think 99/100 people would prefer paying Matthews.

Who cares about the last couple of years playoffs losses by the Leafs while their core of younger players was very young? Your comment makes no sense.
    10 juill. 2020 à 9 h 28
    Who cares about the last couple of years playoffs losses by the Leafs while their core of younger players was very young? Your comment makes no sense.

What makes you so confident. With covid it is expected that the cap will stay flat in the next 3 years. In those 3 years Andersen, Hyman and Rielly will be UFAs. Kapanen, Dermott, Mikeyev and Sandin will be RFAs at some time.

They might keep some of those players, and may be able to replace some. Replacing an Andersen on the open market will be very difficult. The Leafs have cap issues that make it hard for them improve the team.

Why don't I make sense.

Marner is no Matthews, Pasternak, Heiskanen, Makar, Dahlin, Petterson, Draisaitel, etc.

not saying that he is trash or so, just that his salary is not in balance with the value to the team
    10 juill. 2020 à 11 h 30
    What makes you so confident. With covid it is expected that the cap will stay flat in the next 3 years. In those 3 years Andersen, Hyman and Rielly will be UFAs. Kapanen, Dermott, Mikeyev and Sandin will be RFAs at some time.

They might keep some of those players, and may be able to replace some. Replacing an Andersen on the open market will be very difficult. The Leafs have cap issues that make it hard for them improve the team.

Why don't I make sense.

Marner is no Matthews, Pasternak, Heiskanen, Makar, Dahlin, Petterson, Draisaitel, etc.

not saying that he is trash or so, just that his salary is not in balance with the value to the team

You do not seem to realize how young and inexperienced the Leafs young core was in the last two years of playoffs and they still took Boston to a 7 games in the series. The Leafs young core has not even entered their prime years yet and now with a great new coach in Sheldon Keefe they are about to start doing some serious damage in the playoffs. I really feel you have been paying to much attention to the Toronto Media which is just always looking for a story to sell their time and you are not in reality with the situation.

The Leafs have a great pipeline of more young and talented players on the way to the team so i am not worried about replacing some of the players you mentioned. In reality, Anderson will probably walk but do not underestimate Campbell who was a first round draft choice of Dallas and still has the potential to be a number 1 goalie in the NHL and maybe with Leafs. Leafs can also trade out players to make cap space at anytime.

I also do not think you fully appreciate Marner who plays 5x5, kills penalties and plays on PP and makes everyone he plays with a better hockey player. In reality, he does not take a back seat to any of the players you mentioned when you consider he is going to put up say 90 plus points a year. I understand these are all great young players but i am just disappointed that you do not understand that Marner is also a great young hockey player.
    10 juill. 2020 à 12 h 32
    You do not seem to realize how young and inexperienced the Leafs young core was in the last two years of playoffs and they still took Boston to a 7 games in the series. The Leafs young core has not even entered their prime years yet and now with a great new coach in Sheldon Keefe they are about to start doing some serious damage in the playoffs. I really feel you have been paying to much attention to the Toronto Media which is just always looking for a story to sell their time and you are not in reality with the situation.

The Leafs have a great pipeline of more young and talented players on the way to the team so i am not worried about replacing some of the players you mentioned. In reality, Anderson will probably walk but do not underestimate Campbell who was a first round draft choice of Dallas and still has the potential to be a number 1 goalie in the NHL and maybe with Leafs. Leafs can also trade out players to make cap space at anytime.

I also do not think you fully appreciate Marner who plays 5x5, kills penalties and plays on PP and makes everyone he plays with a better hockey player. In reality, he does not take a back seat to any of the players you mentioned when you consider he is going to put up say 90 plus points a year. I understand these are all great young players but i am just disappointed that you do not understand that Marner is also a great young hockey player.

Don't get me wrong. I think Marner is a very good player, it is just the situation I am not a big fan of. I think he is a bit better than Nylander, but not 4 million better. Maybe like 1.5 million better, which is why I would rather keep Nylander. Also, Nylander can play Centre which offers the Leafs more options should Matthews or Tavares be injured for a while. I would not just dump Marner like a piece of garbage, but I would trade him for a young 1st pair D.

And be honest, I think he is a solid penalty killer, but his 5 vs 5 defense is often not great, as he is speculating quite a bit.

Does the fact that he is from Toronto have any impact on your judgement?
    10 juill. 2020 à 13 h 0
    Démarrer sujet
    Banni
    Don't get me wrong. I think Marner is a very good player, it is just the situation I am not a big fan of. I think he is a bit better than Nylander, but not 4 million better. Maybe like 1.5 million better, which is why I would rather keep Nylander. Also, Nylander can play Centre which offers the Leafs more options should Matthews or Tavares be injured for a while. I would not just dump Marner like a piece of garbage, but I would trade him for a young 1st pair D.

And be honest, I think he is a solid penalty killer, but his 5 vs 5 defense is often not great, as he is speculating quite a bit.

Does the fact that he is from Toronto have any impact on your judgement?

He is good friends with Marner or at least close to him, so obviously he is biased when it comes to talking about him. I am a big fan of Marner as well, but I understand he needs to be traded this offseason.
    10 juill. 2020 à 13 h 15
    He is good friends with Marner or at least close to him, so obviously he is biased when it comes to talking about him. I am a big fan of Marner as well, but I understand he needs to be traded this offseason.

Aha. I understand. I was also very upset when they traded Kadri and to this day I kind of am because his cap hit was actually very good. But I also understand that he had bad moments in the playoffs, so I somehow understand that they moved on. So it was the circumstances that made them move Kadri and I think the circumstances mentioned with roster balance and especially the flat cap over the next years should force the Leafs to trade Marner now.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage