Forums/Armchair-GM

Combining Some Trade Ideas

Créé par: tkecanuck341
Équipe: 2020-21 Kings de Los Angeles
Date de création initiale: 6 juill. 2020
Publié: 6 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Kings get the veteran LHD they're looking for. NYI gets cap relief.

Toronto gets the RHD they need and a less expensive, quality 3C that can kill penalties and provide secondary scoring. Kings get a top six winger and a depth forward prospect that is expansion draft exempt (since LIzotte would likely get snagged by Seattle in the expansion draft).

Kings 2021 expansion draft protection list:
Forwards - Kopitar, Kempe, Iafallo, Kapanen, Grundstrom, Wagner, Frk
Defense - Doughty, Walker, Clague
Goaltender - Petersen
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2875 000 $
2875 000 $
42 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (LAK)
Rachats de contrats
Frais de résiliation
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de VAN
Logo de VGK
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CGY
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de STL
Logo de LAK
Logo de TOR
Logo de LAK
Logo de CGY
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $70 810 530 $0 $1 990 000 $10 689 470 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 636 364 $2 636 364 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
747 500 $747 500 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
C, AG, AD
RFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Islanders de New York
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
858 333 $858 333 $
G
UFA - 2
761 666 $761 666 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Islanders de New York
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 juill. 2020 à 0 h 58
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
Did someone hack your account?
6 juill. 2020 à 0 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,101
Quoting: Bf3351

Nope. I think both of these trades would be good ideas for the Kings to look at.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,725
Deal, good return and can use the space, enjoy kapenan and wow I actually made those lines but never posted the team lul. Interesting choice on leddy, I used Edmonson in UFA but man is this better.

My lines for the kings were

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Vilardi-Kapenan
now here is where I went different
Kupari-Stuzle-Carter
Wagner-Amadio-Frk

As for defense way different

Hutton- Doughty (they did well together)
Anderson-Walker
Edmonson-Macdermid
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
Deal, good return and can use the space, enjoy kapenan and wow I actually made those lines but never posted the team lul. Interesting choice on leddy, I used Edmonson in UFA but man is this better.

Leddy and Hjalmarsson are the two defensemen I'd like the Kings to look at. Both are nearing the ends of their contracts on teams that could desperately use some cap space, and therefore could probably be had for not much in return.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Leddy and Hjalmarsson are the two defensemen I'd like the Kings to look at. Both are nearing the ends of their contracts on teams that could desperately use some cap space, and therefore could probably be had for not much in return.

yeah I agree, with the islanders needing to sign 2 big extensions I could see Leddy or Boychuck coming in.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 14
Démarrer sujet

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Vilardi-Kapenan
Kupari-Stuzle-Carter
Wagner-Amadio-Frk

Anderson-Walker
Edmonson-Macdermid

If the Kings draft Stutzle, its because they want a winger instead of a center. If they decide they want a center, they're going with Byfield. They won't draft Stutzle to play center. Regardless, Stutzle will get another year in the DEL, since the draft won't happen until after their league starts, and he won't be eligible to sign an NHL contract until that one expires.

After Kupari's season-ending injury last year, he's going to need another year of AHL hockey before he's NHL ready. I don't anticipate him making the Kings this season.

I'm pretty much done with Amadio. He's got a good head on his shoulders and is the best player on the ice in every game he plays in the AHL, but just can't seem to make it work in the NHL. It's very possible it's the Kings system that stifles his play. I could see him thriving on an Eastern conference team, but I don't want him getting ice time on the Kings anymore.

The Kings like Moore, he'll play on the 4th line.

I'm not a Hutton fan. I think the Kings should let him walk. The Kings tried the MacDermid on the right experiment -- It didn't go very well. He's much better on the left.

Edmundson is a decent option, but I don't think the Kings go that direction. They'll probably end up signing Nesterov out of the KHL if they go the UFA route.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 14
Banni
Nope. I think both of these trades would be good ideas for the Kings to look at.

I disagree. Both Lizotte and Roy were incredibly good for their first and second seasons. Way too soon to give up on them.

To assume Kapanen is a top 6 winger is sort of a stretch. Yes he has played very well for being tied to 3rd line minutes, but he also plays in a very offense oriented system which the Kings are not. Who would be shocked if his production went down significantly? Which is a likely outcome especially since he'll be playing on a rebuilding team for the first time in his young career. I don't know anything about that prospect so I can't comment on that.

While I'm with you on the AZ trade proposal, I think you seem to be a little more focused on helping out other teams more considering that Toronto doesn't make sense as well as the NYI trade if you think about it. Hjarmarsson and Grabner make way more sense than Leddy and Komorov so can we please get over the NYI idea... We have Bjornfot who is NHL ready, but may play another season in the AHL. Leddy and Komorov have 2 years left on their contracts starting next season while Hjarmarsson and Grabner have 1.

I also don't know why you are sold on seattle most likely taking Lizotte when we have Walker, Roy, Frk, and more. If Frk has a good season I'm sure he will be considered. Plus there are all kinds of ways Blake can convince Seattle to not take Lizotte. Like giving some kind of compensation. By the way, the expansion draft might be postponed. So I wouldn't start focusing on that right away.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 15
Banni

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Vilardi-Kapenan
Kupari-Stuzle-Carter
Wagner-Amadio-Frk

Anderson-Walker
Edmonson-Macdermid

Kupari isn't NHL ready. Keep Edmonson away from my team. He's basically another Derek Forbort which if you didnt know, sucks ass.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Kupari isn't NHL ready. Keep Edmonson away from my team. He's basically another Derek Forbort which if you didnt know, sucks ass.

oh yeah the one hit flopper I thought he was gone to the KHL or some unknown league. Wow didnt know he was still in the league lul. If edmonson is like that run
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 19
Banni
oh yeah the one hit flopper I thought he was gone to the KHL or some unknown league. Wow didnt know he was still in the league lul. If edmonson is like that run

Forbort should have been in the AHL for the last 4 years. He is not an NHL defenseman.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 28
Forbort should have been in the AHL for the last 4 years. He is not an NHL defenseman.

sounds like he and ceci would be perfect together. Both god awful and should leave the NHL. Man I cannot wait for that TRASH HEAP to be gone from this team. 1 year of ceci felt like an eternity. Like people thought Gardiner was bad no no no Ceci by far was the worst defenseman I have ever seen play for the leafs. Even Marincin, who is just as bad had highlight worthy goal against vancouver (take a look at who the 2 defenseman were who let him waltz his way in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALgtY4Rgqdk
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 36
Démarrer sujet
I disagree. Both Lizotte and Roy were incredibly good for their first and second seasons. Way too soon to give up on them.

To assume Kapanen is a top 6 winger is sort of a stretch. Yes he has played very well for being tied to 3rd line minutes, but he also plays in a very offense oriented system which the Kings are not. Who would be shocked if his production went down significantly? Which is a likely outcome especially since he'll be playing on a rebuilding team for the first time in his young career. I don't know anything about that prospect so I can't comment on that.

While I'm with you on the AZ trade proposal, I think you seem to be a little more focused on helping out other teams more considering that Toronto doesn't make sense as well as the NYI trade if you think about it. Hjarmarsson and Grabner make way more sense than Leddy and Komorov so can we please get over the NYI idea... We have Bjornfot who is NHL ready, but may play another season in the AHL. Leddy and Komorov have 2 years left on their contracts starting next season while Hjarmarsson and Grabner have 1.

I also don't know why you are sold on seattle most likely taking Lizotte when we have Walker, Roy, Frk, and more. If Frk has a good season I'm sure he will be considered. Plus there are all kinds of ways Blake can convince Seattle to not take Lizotte. Like giving some kind of compensation. By the way, the expansion draft might be postponed. So I wouldn't start focusing on that right away.

I agree that both Lizotte and Roy were both good this season, but you have to account for their potential. Roy is a bottom pairing defenseman and Lizotte is a bottom-six forward. They both did admirably well for the Kings, but they're not going to climb much higher on the depth chart. In Kapanen, you get a quality winger that has proven that he can play at the NHL level. The Kings don't have much talent in the prospect pipeline at wing. If Kaliyev doesn't work out, then the Kings quite literally have zero top-six capable RWs under the age of 30. With Lizotte and Roy's trade value extremely high right now, there's no better time to trade them.

I agree that Arizona is the better option, but I also think that Arizona is much less inclined to trade Hjalmarsson than the Islanders are to trade Leddy. The fact that they each only have 1 year remaining on their deals means that Arizona is going to want more in return. You're not going to be able to give up a 6th and get Hammer, even if you take Grabner's contract. There's also Hjalmarsson's full NMC to account for. I think Leddy is a much more realistic option, which is why I went with that one.

For the expansion draft, if Walker and Roy are still on the Kings, they'll both be protected. That means the Kings will either have to go 4/4/1 with their protection list or leave Clague exposed. As we learned from the Vegas expansion draft, defensemen carry a premium, and Clague will surely be the one taken if he is left exposed. With the value he carries, I think that would be a mistake. The Kings could trade him instead, but having only a handful of games under his belt, he's not going to get anywhere near the return that they could get for Roy.

If both Frk and Lizotte are exposed, Lizotte will most certainly be the player taken, simply due to his age. He's 4 years younger than Frk and price controlled for another 5+ seasons. Don't forget, Frk is a player that Detroit, the worst team in the league, chose not to qualify last summer, making him a UFA. He spent the majority of the season in the minors. He's not the type of player that you use for your selection in the expansion draft.

I don't think there's any reason to suspect the expansion draft will be postponed. If the season runs long, they might postpone it from June to August or something, but it's not going to be pushed back beyond 2021. Seattle has spent a ton of money getting their team and arena ready. The draft is happening. Due to COVID-19 related delays in arena construction, it might not happen in Seattle as originally planned, but it's absolutely going to happen next summer.
OldNYIfan et The_Puck_Whisperer a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 1 h 40
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,604

Bf: tke and I had an extended discussion about this trade. We have opposite views. His approach gains us Kapanen, but we lose Lizotte and Roy in the trade plus whoever Seattle takes in the expansion draft. If we forego the trade, we lose only Lizotte OR Roy in the expansion draft, but we don't get Kapanen. You pays yer money, you gets yer chances.

I think that both positions have eminent merit.
6 juill. 2020 à 2 h 37
Banni
I agree that both Lizotte and Roy were both good this season, but you have to account for their potential. Roy is a bottom pairing defenseman and Lizotte is a bottom-six forward. They both did admirably well for the Kings, but they're not going to climb much higher on the depth chart. In Kapanen, you get a quality winger that has proven that he can play at the NHL level. The Kings don't have much talent in the prospect pipeline at wing. If Kaliyev doesn't work out, then the Kings quite literally have zero top-six capable RWs under the age of 30. With Lizotte and Roy's trade value extremely high right now, there's no better time to trade them.

I agree that Arizona is the better option, but I also think that Arizona is much less inclined to trade Hjalmarsson than the Islanders are to trade Leddy. The fact that they each only have 1 year remaining on their deals means that Arizona is going to want more in return. You're not going to be able to give up a 6th and get Hammer, even if you take Grabner's contract. There's also Hjalmarsson's full NMC to account for. I think Leddy is a much more realistic option, which is why I went with that one.

For the expansion draft, if Walker and Roy are still on the Kings, they'll both be protected. That means the Kings will either have to go 4/4/1 with their protection list or leave Clague exposed. As we learned from the Vegas expansion draft, defensemen carry a premium, and Clague will surely be the one taken if he is left exposed. With the value he carries, I think that would be a mistake. The Kings could trade him instead, but having only a handful of games under his belt, he's not going to get anywhere near the return that they could get for Roy.

If both Frk and Lizotte are exposed, Lizotte will most certainly be the player taken, simply due to his age. He's 4 years younger than Frk and price controlled for another 5+ seasons. Don't forget, Frk is a player that Detroit, the worst team in the league, chose not to qualify last summer, making him a UFA. He spent the majority of the season in the minors. He's not the type of player that you use for your selection in the expansion draft.

I don't think there's any reason to suspect the expansion draft will be postponed. If the season runs long, they might postpone it from June to August or something, but it's not going to be pushed back beyond 2021. Seattle has spent a ton of money getting their team and arena ready. The draft is happening. Due to COVID-19 related delays in arena construction, it might not happen in Seattle as originally planned, but it's absolutely going to happen next summer.

If its between sending a 4th and a B or C prospect for Hjarmarsson and Grabner or just a 6th for 2 years of Leddy and Komorov I'd pick the AZ any day of the month. If AZ declines then I will gladly sign Boroweiki or Greene or some other LD to a 1 year deal.

I agree with you that after Kaliyev we literally have 0 top 6 potential at wing and there's always a chance he doesn't work out. Hence why we need to draft Stutzle. Kings will soon be in a position to trade Kopitar within a year or two IMO. Of course I dont want that, but there's a way to acquire young 6 wingers, established or not. We also have the option of free agency. My point is there are many better winger options than Kapanen without trading Roy or Lizotte. Keep in mind, there's no guarantee Kapanen will turn out to be a solid top 6 winger. Are you really willing to trade Lizotte for a guy that might not be what you hope? I am surely not. Roy is a Martinez in the making and Lizotte could very well be one of the best 4th line centers in the league who is capable of filling in at 3C if JAD gets injured. These are role players that come extremely important to a Stanley Cup contender which he will be in less than 5 years I hope.

As you've said yourself, Clague might end up a fringe NHLer so why protect him? Yes he has trade value, but in rather lose out on that than let Seattle take Lizotte. Blake can give up a 2nd rounder or something like that to help influence who Seattle will take and who they won't.
6 juill. 2020 à 2 h 42
Banni
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Bf: tke and I had an extended discussion about this trade. We have opposite views. His approach gains us Kapanen, but we lose Lizotte and Roy in the trade plus whoever Seattle takes in the expansion draft. If we forego the trade, we lose only Lizotte OR Roy in the expansion draft, but we don't get Kapanen. You pays yer money, you gets yer chances.

I think that both positions have eminent merit.

That's true. However, I believe any smart GM would find a way to influence Seattle's choice of picking by providing compensation. I can't remember what team did that to Vegas, but they did and it worked. Although, I'm not sold Blake is smart enough to consider this. So yes, both of your view points are true and accurate.
6 juill. 2020 à 4 h 1
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Trade looked great to me. Perennial 4th liner and an over achieving 2nd pair D (at best) for Kapanen. BF doesn’t realize that after this draft we’re going to have soooo many players in the pipe that trades will have to be made. This could become an unfavorable situation at some point because not all of these players will crack the lineup, and if we don’t act soon on trading pieces other gm’s will hold us over the coals.
6 juill. 2020 à 10 h 46
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Imagine being so stacked you're scratching an allstar
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 15
BR24666
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 105
If its between sending a 4th and a B or C prospect for Hjarmarsson and Grabner or just a 6th for 2 years of Leddy and Komorov I'd pick the AZ any day of the month. If AZ declines then I will gladly sign Boroweiki or Greene or some other LD to a 1 year deal.

I agree with you that after Kaliyev we literally have 0 top 6 potential at wing and there's always a chance he doesn't work out. Hence why we need to draft Stutzle. Kings will soon be in a position to trade Kopitar within a year or two IMO. Of course I dont want that, but there's a way to acquire young 6 wingers, established or not. We also have the option of free agency. My point is there are many better winger options than Kapanen without trading Roy or Lizotte. Keep in mind, there's no guarantee Kapanen will turn out to be a solid top 6 winger. Are you really willing to trade Lizotte for a guy that might not be what you hope? I am surely not. Roy is a Martinez in the making and Lizotte could very well be one of the best 4th line centers in the league who is capable of filling in at 3C if JAD gets injured. These are role players that come extremely important to a Stanley Cup contender which he will be in less than 5 years I hope.

As you've said yourself, Clague might end up a fringe NHLer so why protect him? Yes he has trade value, but in rather lose out on that than let Seattle take Lizotte. Blake can give up a 2nd rounder or something like that to help influence who Seattle will take and who they won't.

What makes you think Greene and Boro would sign 1 year deals to move in an entirely new state. They'd want much more term than that.
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 17
Banni
Quoting: bgainesdm
What makes you think Greene and Boro would sign 1 year deals to move in an entirely new state. They'd want much more term than that.

Greene would, not sure about Boro. I was using them as an example. There are plenty UFA LDs this off season.
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 26
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,604
That's true. However, I believe any smart GM would find a way to influence Seattle's choice of picking by providing compensation. I can't remember what team did that to Vegas, but they did and it worked. Although, I'm not sold Blake is smart enough to consider this. So yes, both of your view points are true and accurate.

Anaheim gave Las Vegas Shea Theodore so that the Golden Knights would take Clayton Stoner and not someone else. That hasn't turned out so well. Winnipeg moved around in the draft and Minnesota gave them a first-round pick so that the Golden Knights would take Alex Tuch. Ultimately, they drafted Cody Glass, Nick Suzuki and Eric Brannstrom in that first round.
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 246
It's fair value but the Kings get the best player
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 33
BR24666
Greene would, not sure about Boro. I was using them as an example. There are plenty UFA LDs this off season.

Why would Greene do that as well? Greene most likely either wants to go back to NJ or stay with Lou. UFAs want more than just 1 year. That's their cash-in year. The Leddy trade helps them for 3 reasons:
1. You give up bare minimal if you eat Komarov's contract.
2. You ease Mike Anderson into the top 4 by not giving him too much too soon.
3. You can trade Leddy during the 2022 deadline for an even bigger return than what you initially gave.
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 44
BR24666

NYI 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, Jake Bischoff, Grabovski's contract

Vegas had to take JF Berube
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 50
Banni
Quoting: bgainesdm
Why would Greene do that as well? Greene most likely either wants to go back to NJ or stay with Lou. UFAs want more than just 1 year. That's their cash-in year. The Leddy trade helps them for 3 reasons:
1. You give up bare minimal if you eat Komarov's contract.
2. You ease Mike Anderson into the top 4 by not giving him too much too soon.
3. You can trade Leddy during the 2022 deadline for an even bigger return than what you initially gave.

Again, just examples. I would imagine wherever Greene goes, it will be a one year deal. Kings can afford to give him 6M if they wanted.
6 juill. 2020 à 12 h 52
BR24666
Again, just examples. I would imagine wherever Greene goes, it will be a one year deal. Kings can afford to give him 6M if they wanted.

Money's not everything. He has that. Isles have Lou and give Greene a much better chance to win a cup than the Kings right now. He already waived his NTC just to come here.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage