Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $75 221 666 $1 487 500 $4 337 500 $6 278 334 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 6
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
845 000 $845 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
889 166 $889 166 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DD
RFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
864 166 $864 166 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 juill. 2020 à 14 h 34
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,850
Quoting: dzmets
He had three straight years on a 45 plus point per 82 game pace which is not great for a second line center but 8a above league average. His underlying stats XGA, XGA, PDO, point shares were well above average those seasons and the last couple of years his counting stats are down but the underlying numbers are at least average. These numbers make it reasonable to project given a 2C role with wingers like Skinner and Reino is that he should give 40 -45 points and if he takes a step forward 45 - 55 points. Not elite but certainly a drastic upgrade over what the Sabres have had since Oreilly left and he offers positive defensive impacts. I think it is much more reasonable to expect that from him than it would be from Mitts or Cozens. Again he is not my top choice but if you cannot get a UFA to sign here and there is nothing better available via trade or trade is too cost prohibitive then I think this is a better option than what we have inside the organization at this time.

And when it doesn’t work, we’re stuck with him & his Cap hit preventing us from using that $$$ much better next offseason

Just bc an idea might be better than what we’ve had (which i don’t believe is true obviously), doesn’t mean it’s a GOOD IDEA

If our hopes are pinned to Wennberg,
then Jack is likely asking out

Now... if it’s right before training camp... and we haven’t figured anything else at all out... then, and ONLY then, would i even slightly entertain the idea of bringing him in
But i sure as hell am not giving up Montour to get him
They are PAYING US to take him
And if that payment is Anderson, then maybe we add a pick or medium grade prospect
Montour should be used to get a sure fire top6 guy
4 juill. 2020 à 15 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,984
Quoting: Jdfitz77
Jack most likely asks out if we don’t make the playoffs next year & you wanna pin our hopes on a guy who has to “prove himself”

No thanks dude. It’s a horrible idea

Bet you he doesnt
4 juill. 2020 à 15 h 24
Quoting: Shibbal18
Bet you he doesnt

If we miss the playoffs again?
Sure seems like a real possibility
4 juill. 2020 à 17 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,053
And when it doesn’t work, we’re stuck with him & his Cap hit preventing us from using that $$$ much better next offseason

Just bc an idea might be better than what we’ve had (which i don’t believe is true obviously), doesn’t mean it’s a GOOD IDEA

If our hopes are pinned to Wennberg,
then Jack is likely asking out

Now... if it’s right before training camp... and we haven’t figured anything else at all out... then, and ONLY then, would i even slightly entertain the idea of bringing him in
But i sure as hell am not giving up Montour to get him
They are PAYING US to take him
And if that payment is Anderson, then maybe we add a pick or medium grade prospect
Montour should be used to get a sure fire top6 guy

It's only 1.33 million per cap hit to buyout after this season. So if does not workout it is not cost prohibitive to buy him out the Sabres are paying that amount this year in just cap coverage penalties for bonuses
Shibbal18 a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2020 à 1 h 17
It's only 1.33 million per cap hit to buyout after this season. So if does not workout it is not cost prohibitive to buy him out the Sabres are paying that amount this year in just cap coverage penalties for bonuses

Doesn’t matter much if we miss the playoffs & Jack asks out
Pinning our playoffs hopes to this guy would be a really, really bad idea

And the overpayment of Montour is a bad idea as well
5 juill. 2020 à 7 h 35
Doesn’t matter much if we miss the playoffs & Jack asks out
Pinning our playoffs hopes to this guy would be a really, really bad idea

And the overpayment of Montour is a bad idea as well

Montour doesn't hold very much value. His underlying numbers are terrible. Anderson and Montour are nearly equal in value so you are paying very little for him being included. At the end of the day I do not see Columbus going for this deal as they are stacked at D and Montour adds nothing to their team so I believe they would be looking for different pieces coming their way. And again this would not be my top choice for offseason plans for 2C on the Sabres. I can think of probably 20 other options I would much rather explore. However you cannot force a UFA to sign here and you cannot force another team to trade with you. So if all other options fail at bringing in someone outside of the organization for 2C this year, I feel our odds are better having Wennberg in that role to start the season then they would be with what we have inside the organization. Thus increasing the odds that we are better and increasing the odds that we make Jack and the rest of our players who are tired of constantly losing happy.
5 juill. 2020 à 11 h 14
Montour doesn't hold very much value. His underlying numbers are terrible. Anderson and Montour are nearly equal in value so you are paying very little for him being included. At the end of the day I do not see Columbus going for this deal as they are stacked at D and Montour adds nothing to their team so I believe they would be looking for different pieces coming their way. And again this would not be my top choice for offseason plans for 2C on the Sabres. I can think of probably 20 other options I would much rather explore. However you cannot force a UFA to sign here and you cannot force another team to trade with you. So if all other options fail at bringing in someone outside of the organization for 2C this year, I feel our odds are better having Wennberg in that role to start the season then they would be with what we have inside the organization. Thus increasing the odds that we are better and increasing the odds that we make Jack and the rest of our players who are tired of constantly losing happy.

If the best we can do is sell low on a top4 defenseman,
to get a guy coming off a season where when he played he was horrible & missed most of the year, PLUS we have to take a bottom6 cap dump, and then play that guy at 2C, hoping somehow he can recreate his ONE good season from 4 years ago, even though he’s obviously shown he’s not that player over the 3 most recent seasons since...
then our GM failed
and so will our team

Even you said there’s 20 other options you’d prefer...
It’s an absolute garbage trade
5 juill. 2020 à 11 h 38
If the best we can do is sell low on a top4 defenseman,
to get a guy coming off a season where when he played he was horrible & missed most of the year, PLUS we have to take a bottom6 cap dump, and then play that guy at 2C, hoping somehow he can recreate his ONE good season from 4 years ago, even though he’s obviously shown he’s not that player over the 3 most recent seasons since...
then our GM failed
and so will our team

Even you said there’s 20 other options you’d prefer...
It’s an absolute garbage trade

It's a gamble and a flyer. Montour last year was largely the same player he has been his whole career. He has some quality traits but his overall game is below average and inconsistent at best. If IMO the Sabres are better just by not having him.on the ice. Take him off the roster and insert Borgen and they are better even if they get no return. Now if in return for him I get a power forward with 25 goal potential and a third line center that can possibly bridge the gap at 2C for half a year to a full season then yes it is worth it if no other options outside of the organization exist. If you shows up to camp and preseason and is just awful then you can buyout his contract now and the cap hit is less than 1 million per year. If Anderson regains form then he can move into the top 6 as a fast power forward that this team desperately could use. I would make this trade even if Wennberg were not included, but again if we find no other 2C options outside of the organization then I would rather try him then do something we have already proven won't work. IE Mitts or Johannson.
5 juill. 2020 à 15 h 26
It's a gamble and a flyer. Montour last year was largely the same player he has been his whole career. He has some quality traits but his overall game is below average and inconsistent at best. If IMO the Sabres are better just by not having him.on the ice. Take him off the roster and insert Borgen and they are better even if they get no return. Now if in return for him I get a power forward with 25 goal potential and a third line center that can possibly bridge the gap at 2C for half a year to a full season then yes it is worth it if no other options outside of the organization exist. If you shows up to camp and preseason and is just awful then you can buyout his contract now and the cap hit is less than 1 million per year. If Anderson regains form then he can move into the top 6 as a fast power forward that this team desperately could use. I would make this trade even if Wennberg were not included, but again if we find no other 2C options outside of the organization then I would rather try him then do something we have already proven won't work. IE Mitts or Johannson.

You can stop right after your first 3 words
I don’t wanna “gamble” on the 2C spot... AGAIN
That’s not acceptable
5 juill. 2020 à 16 h 54
You can stop right after your first 3 words
I don’t wanna “gamble” on the 2C spot... AGAIN
That’s not acceptable

If no bonafide 2C outside the organization can be acquired then the Sabres are gambling. There is not a bonafide 2C UFA and the Sabres cannot force another team to trade one. So it is very likely the Sabres will have no choice but to gamble one way or another. I sure hope someone more established can be had, but we will have to wait and see.
Shibbal18 a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2020 à 17 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Shibbal18
If no bonafide 2C outside the organization can be acquired then the Sabres are gambling. There is not a bonafide 2C UFA and the Sabres cannot force another team to trade one. So it is very likely the Sabres will have no choice but to gamble one way or another. I sure hope someone more established can be had, but we will have to wait and see.

0 teams are trading a bonafide 2C, unless Buffalo is goving up Cozens. Mainly because of the Sabres last embarrassing trade.
5 juill. 2020 à 23 h 33

Well let’s just pin our hopes to a guy who’s at least playing good recently & not 3-4years ago
I’ve seen Turris ideas as well, and that’s in the same bad idea ballpark as Wennberg imo

Talk to me about last grasp type moves if we’re a week or 2 before training camp & still haven’t found a guy
I wanna be more hopeful that that now
6 juill. 2020 à 7 h 34
Well let’s just pin our hopes to a guy who’s at least playing good recently & not 3-4years ago
I’ve seen Turris ideas as well, and that’s in the same bad idea ballpark as Wennberg imo

Talk to me about last grasp type moves if we’re a week or 2 before training camp & still haven’t found a guy
I wanna be more hopeful that that now

What guy are we pinning our hopes on within the organization that has been playing well recently
Shibbal18 a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2020 à 14 h 29
What guy are we pinning our hopes on within the organization that has been playing well recently

You do a great job of responding to ONLY HALF of what i say
Here’s the 2nd half for you:

“Talk to me about last grasp type moves if we’re a week or 2 before training camp & still haven’t found a guy
I wanna be more hopeful that that now“

For right NOW,
a player like Wennberg is a HORRIFIC IDEA
6 juill. 2020 à 14 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Shibbal18

“Talk to me about last grasp type moves if we’re a week or 2 before training camp & still haven’t found a guy

For right NOW,

Just as bad as Turris or Tierney but no one argues for 3 days about those garbage trades
6 juill. 2020 à 15 h 2

For right NOW,

It is better to have a plan now for all scenarios then to have only your ideal solution and then figure it out later if all else fails.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage