SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

What is Borgstroms worth

Créé par: RazWild
Publié: 29 juin 2020 à 0 h 0
Plafond salarial: 81 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 41/186 (22%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Panthers de la FloridePanthers de la Floride

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Borgström, HenrikExempté du ballottagePanthers de la FlorideMineures-0 $011---4000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial1 399 883 $2348693712
Variation0 $0-1-1000
Final1 399 883 $2347 (↓)68 (↓)3712000

Logo de Wild du MinnesotaWild du Minnesota

ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Borgström, HenrikExempté du ballottagePanthers de la FlorideMineures-0 $011---4000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial4 379 745 $2146634512
Variation0 $011000
Final4 379 745 $2147 (↑)64 (↑)4512000
29 juin 2020 à 0 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
I'm just trying to figure out what his value is, and what the Panther's would be looking to get back in a possible trade.

I know he's got some issues, and is certainly a reclamation project, but he could do well with a change of scenery. Does he still project as a top six center? Or has he fallen too much?

There was a discussion about him being a possible center the Wild should look into at the hockey site I frequent and thought I'd ask and find out.
29 juin 2020 à 2 h 4
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
Quoting: RazWild
I'm just trying to figure out what his value is, and what the Panther's would be looking to get back in a possible trade.

I know he's got some issues, and is certainly a reclamation project, but he could do well with a change of scenery. Does he still project as a top six center? Or has he fallen too much?

There was a discussion about him being a possible center the Wild should look into at the hockey site I frequent and thought I'd ask and find out.

Maybe Nico Sturm and a 5th? He's older but did better in the Ahl.
29 juin 2020 à 11 h 35
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 817
Quoting: reelkena
Maybe Nico Sturm and a 5th? He's older but did better in the Ahl.

I think I read somewhere that he's thinking of signing a KHL contract. Not sure if I remember correctly or not, but if true his value isn't very high.

I think value wise Nico Sturm and a 5th is about right but this going to sound weird but I really want to see Sturm in a Wild sweater. He's never going to be a top 6 Center but he's young and projects as a good defensive center. He plays the kind of game we want to play and I think he'll be a nice, cheap option as a depth center for years to come. Obviously we could hit a home run with Borgstrom, but we're really thin at Center and Sturm might be the surest thing we have to a consistent NHL center. Obviously Khovanov's ceiling is astronomically higher than Sturm but it's hard to pass up a sure thing like Sturm. Especially when we're so thin at prospects to begin with.

Sorry for the very long explanation but I'd rather trade a lower wing prospect and a draft pick than Sturm.
RazWild a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2020 à 14 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
Modifié 29 juin 2020 à 14 h 27
Quoting: mnwild1790
I think I read somewhere that he's thinking of signing a KHL contract. Not sure if I remember correctly or not, but if true his value isn't very high.

I think value wise Nico Sturm and a 5th is about right but this going to sound weird but I really want to see Sturm in a Wild sweater. He's never going to be a top 6 Center but he's young and projects as a good defensive center. He plays the kind of game we want to play and I think he'll be a nice, cheap option as a depth center for years to come. Obviously we could hit a home run with Borgstrom, but we're really thin at Center and Sturm might be the surest thing we have to a consistent NHL center. Obviously Khovanov's ceiling is astronomically higher than Sturm but it's hard to pass up a sure thing like Sturm. Especially when we're so thin at prospects to begin with.

Sorry for the very long explanation but I'd rather trade a lower wing prospect and a draft pick than Sturm.

I really like Sturm too, and he was a central fixture in the discussion that took place about the possibility of acquiring Borgstrom.

Both have merit. But realistically his days in Minnesota/Iowa could already be numbered. In the Wild's quest to find that elusive 1C we've amassed a fair number of middle six centers that effectively block Sturm from the NHL.

If we did manage to get one it all but guarantees Sturm never gets a chance to crack the NHL roster. So consider this, is that fair to Sturm? Or is it more fair to move Sturm and give him that legitimate shot to make the NHL, because he is a NHL'er. Realistically he should have cracked the roster this year, but couldn't because of the depth and log jam that we already have.

But that isn't the only reason why the Wild should consider moving Sturm for Borgstrom. Despite his issues Borgstrom is likely the better player which gives us added better depth. Not to mention he's also younger than Sturm. Then let's say Guerin makes a move for Cirelli. Gives Galchenyuk a 1 year prove it deal, buys out Rask, and have Staal for one final year.

You now have Staal, Cirelli, JEE, Galchenyuk and Borgstrom. That's much better depth.

Cirelli plays 2C for us the first year while further refining his craft under Staal and gets used to the new team and system. He takes over at 1C once Staal's contract is up.

Galchenyuk and Borgstrom rotate duties and we play them as needed until Staal is gone.

This ultimately means we have a guy who can play 1C, and then 3 guys who can all legitimately play 2C-4C, where they're able to move up and down the lines as needed, which makes this team deeper and a bottom six center unnecessary.

Then factor in the potential home run factor Borgstrom could bring and Khovanov in the system who knows how this team could look down the road.

I think it's worth a shot, and especially if that's the cost. It's a risk, certainly, but a calculated gamble that could payoff big time if we do it. If it doesn't, bottom six players are a dime a dozen and cheap to replace.
29 juin 2020 à 15 h 57
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
I really like Sturm too, and he was a central fixture in the discussion that took place about the possibility of acquiring Borgstrom.

Both have merit. But realistically his days in Minnesota/Iowa could already be numbered. In the Wild's quest to find that elusive 1C we've amassed a fair number of middle six centers that effectively block Sturm from the NHL.

If we did manage to get one it all but guarantees Sturm never gets a chance to crack the NHL roster. So consider this, is that fair to Sturm? Or is it more fair to move Sturm and give him that legitimate shot to make the NHL, because he is a NHL'er. Realistically he should have cracked the roster this year, but couldn't because of the depth and log jam that we already have.

But that isn't the only reason why the Wild should consider moving Sturm for Borgstrom. Despite his issues Borgstrom is likely the better player which gives us added better depth. Not to mention he's also younger than Sturm. Then let's say Guerin makes a move for Cirelli. Gives Galchenyuk a 1 year prove it deal, buys out Rask, and have Staal for one final year.

You now have Staal, Cirelli, JEE, Galchenyuk and Borgstrom. That's much better depth.

Cirelli plays 2C for us the first year while further refining his craft under Staal and gets used to the new team and system. He takes over at 1C once Staal's contract is up.

Galchenyuk and Borgstrom rotate duties and we play them as needed until Staal is gone.

This ultimately means we have a guy who can play 1C, and then 3 guys who can all legitimately play 2C-4C, where they're able to move up and down the lines as needed, which makes this team deeper and a bottom six center unnecessary.

Then factor in the potential home run factor Borgstrom could bring and Khovanov in the system who knows how this team could look down the road.

I think it's worth a shot, and especially if that's the cost. It's a risk, certainly, but a calculated gamble that could payoff big time if we do it. If it doesn't, bottom six players are a dime a dozen and cheap to replace.

It's funny that Sturm was a central point in discussions because I honestly just looked at the roster and picked a guy that looked similar.
29 juin 2020 à 16 h 11
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 817

I appreciate the very thought out reasoning, and you very well could be right, but there's a lot of ifs in your scenario. If Cirelli wants to sign here. If Tampa Bay chooses not to match. If Galchenyuk wants to resign. And actually, if all of these things happen, I think I'd rather take Sturm than Borgstrom. Sturm's game is a better fit for a 4C than Borgstrom. I'd actually be more inclined to make the trade if neither Cirelli or Galchenyuk happen to make the trade. Can put him at 3C and see if his game takes off.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage