SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Would you trade Pick #1 for Picks #3 and #5?

Would you trade Pick #1 for Picks #3 and #5?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 juin 2020 à 10 h 4
Hockey IQ
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,467
If your team won the #1 pick, would you trade it for picks #3 and #5?
Would you and why?
27 juin 2020 à 10 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
As a PIT fan, we're pretty stacked at LW with Guentzel, Zucker, McCann, ZAR in lines 1-4. Lafreniere and Stutzle are great but getting them would force (most likely) Guentzel to RW as Zucker and McCann for sure can't play RW. Guentzel is a 40-goal scorer and is coming off shoulder surgery and I don't want to mess anything up there. If I knew I could get Byfield at #3 and a RW/D at #5 I would make that deal. Stutzle at #3 and X doesn't seem as attractive.
27 juin 2020 à 10 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Eugene_Meltsner a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2020 à 10 h 10
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Quoting: Pens3lieve

No because Ottawa wouldnt do it. Pittsburgh should definitely do it
27 juin 2020 à 10 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
I have thought about this.

Thing is if you take Laf you get a bigger guy who's physical. The penguins lack that in the top 6.

However, if you take Stutzle, you got a guy who projects to C at the NHL level. He's very much a Barzal like player. Fast, stick handles really well, hard on the puck. He played both LW and C in Europe. With his speed in the NHL game he's probably more suited to play C. As the smaller ice, putting him in the center of it makes him the most dangerous.

I wouldn't take Byfield. I think off all the guys in the top 8 he's the most likely to be a bust. He relied way to much on his size playing against smaller kids.
Meanwhile the knocks on him are that he takes plays off and has bad practice habits.
I think his comparison is a lot more to a pool party kind of player. Big, was physical on the kids. But couldn't transform that game to the NHL level. Given the other guys out there, I would pass on him till outside the top 5.

Having said that, if you could move 1 for 3 and 5 and take Dry and Raymond or Holtz. I think you do that.
But who ever you take on those picks has to be NHL ready otherwise you are missing out.
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2020 à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: csick
No because Ottawa wouldnt do it. Pittsburgh should definitely do it

IF PIT got pick #1 and wanted to trade down but OTT wanted PIT to add what would they want?

Pick #1 and Murray
for
Picks #3 and #5
?
27 juin 2020 à 10 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: pharrow
I have thought about this.

Thing is if you take Laf you get a bigger guy who's physical. The penguins lack that in the top 6.

However, if you take Stutzle, you got a guy who projects to C at the NHL level. He's very much a Barzal like player. Fast, stick handles really well, hard on the puck. He played both LW and C in Europe. With his speed in the NHL game he's probably more suited to play C. As the smaller ice, putting him in the center of it makes him the most dangerous.

I wouldn't take Byfield. I think off all the guys in the top 8 he's the most likely to be a bust. He relied way to much on his size playing against smaller kids.
Meanwhile the knocks on him are that he takes plays off and has bad practice habits.
I think his comparison is a lot more to a pool party kind of player. Big, was physical on the kids. But couldn't transform that game to the NHL level. Given the other guys out there, I would pass on him till outside the top 5.

Having said that, if you could move 1 for 3 and 5 and take Dry and Raymond or Holtz. I think you do that.
But who ever you take on those picks has to be NHL ready otherwise you are missing out.

That's an interesting take on Stutzle. I heard he played LW in the German league but C at the worlds. if he can play C in the NHL I'm for it.
I get how byfield might not be able to dominate against men in the NHL as he has against kids but he's still what, like 6' 4'' 215 lbs? that's still big and he models his game after Geno so that would be pretty cool.
Holtz is really nice as well. if it's Lafreniere or Byfield/Stutzle and Holtz that would be hard to pass up.
27 juin 2020 à 11 h 24
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
Whoops posted twice.
27 juin 2020 à 11 h 25
Banni
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
Personally, I can’t really see Ottawa doing it. They possibly get Byfield/Stutzle & Raymond/Rossi. No matter how high Alexis’ ceiling is, they’re not gonna pass up 2 elite pieces for him.

I think it would be a luxury to have Lafreniere. Even though the team is already stacked on LW, they will make room for him cuz he is a franchise player who’s ceiling compares to Kane & MacKinnon.

I would entertain the idea of trying Zucker on the right wing. I don’t think he’s played there before, but I feel his speed & agility would make it easier to transition than someone like McCann.
27 juin 2020 à 13 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
IF PIT got pick #1 and wanted to trade down but OTT wanted PIT to add what would they want?

Pick #1 and Murray
for
Picks #3 and #5
?

If pens won first overall there’s no way they’d move it. Any team that won first overall wouldn’t move it. Laf is clear cut the best player in this draft, miles ahead of anyone else.
Brian2016, Pens3lieve et Remus a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2020 à 14 h 39
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Under NO circumstances would I make this trade. Alexis is NHL ready. In fact, I don't think MTL would trade him for picks 3,4, & 5!!!
27 juin 2020 à 20 h 19
NoWah49
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
it's tough but I probably would. getting two pieces for a post 87 era would be huge
29 juin 2020 à 11 h 45
Hockey God Genius
Mentions "j'aime": 810
As a PIT fan, we're pretty stacked at LW with Guentzel, Zucker, McCann, ZAR in lines 1-4. Lafreniere and Stutzle are great but getting them would force (most likely) Guentzel to RW as Zucker and McCann for sure can't play RW. Guentzel is a 40-goal scorer and is coming off shoulder surgery and I don't want to mess anything up there. If I knew I could get Byfield at #3 and a RW/D at #5 I would make that deal. Stutzle at #3 and X doesn't seem as attractive.

NO-
Like GMJR always says, U try to get the best player in the trade. Laffy = Best player
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2020 à 12 h 43
Hockey God Genius

Zucker has played more RW in MIN than LW... he has done it easily before
29 juin 2020 à 13 h 18
Banni
Quoting: Sidstick87

That’s good then. If the Pens draft Laffy, they can keep both him & Zucker.
29 juin 2020 à 13 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: Sidstick87

That’s good then. If the Pens draft Laffy, they can keep both him & Zucker.

ahh good. I heard wrong then cause I heard Zucker had never played RW. Good to know. gives sully options.
Sidstick87 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2020 à 14 h 9
Hockey God Genius
ahh good. I heard wrong then cause I heard Zucker had never played RW. Good to know. gives sully options.

Yah, He's played a ton of RW in MIN
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2020 à 14 h 30
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
I would trade my #1 for the #3 and #5, but I would not trade my #3 and #5 for the #1.
gregb569 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2020 à 17 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 246
For the Leafs, yes.

Byfield + drysdale would be a blessing for years to come
29 juin 2020 à 18 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Lol, I just had this thought the other day ... I wouldn't ... not that any player is a sure-thing, but there's a 99% chance Lafreniere turns out to be an NHL star ... 3 and 5 are much bigger question marks and while they could end up being more valuable together than Lafreniere alone, I'm not going to take that chance.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage