SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Percent of Time Each Player Spends with Certain Teammates

25 juin 2020 à 19 h 28
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Modifié 25 juin 2020 à 19 h 34
I made a quick spreadsheet that can calculate the percent of ice time a certain player spends with up to 3 specific teammates at ES, PP, and PK. For example, you can check what percentage of time JT Compher spends with Tyson Jost at even strength (35.6%), what percentage of time Donskoi spends with both Mackinnon and Kadri on the PP (48.57%), what percentage of time Kadri spends with Burakovsky, Calvert, or Nieto in all situations (62.38%), etc. You can get raw ice time and lineup data online but I havent seen anything that automatically filters up to 3 teammates and can filter by situation so I made one smile.

You can download from here (the online version doesnt work well and the formatting is kinda messed up so I recommend using it directly in excel)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xzmarsj4yF-GeqRFYZlxosK7asLfj5b5/view?usp=sharing

Theres instructions in the excel file on how to use it (you can ask me if they arent clear). It defaults to Colorado Avalanche forwards but theres a link and explanation on where to get and how to load other team's data into the file.

I find it pretty useful to see how certain players may benefit from a high percentage of ice time with elite players on their team, or if a player does not get much ice time with other elite players on his team. @Richard88 you seemed pretty interested before so you may find this useful too
Richard88 a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2020 à 20 h 3
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
Quoting: moli92
I made a quick spreadsheet that can calculate the percent of ice time a certain player spends with up to 3 specific teammates at ES, PP, and PK. For example, you can check what percentage of time JT Compher spends with Tyson Jost at even strength (35.6%), what percentage of time Donskoi spends with both Mackinnon and Kadri on the PP (48.57%), what percentage of time Kadri spends with Burakovsky, Calvert, or Nieto in all situations (62.38%), etc. You can get raw ice time and lineup data online but I havent seen anything that automatically filters up to 3 teammates and can filter by situation so I made one smile.

You can download from here (the online version doesnt work well and the formatting is kinda messed up so I recommend using it directly in excel)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xzmarsj4yF-GeqRFYZlxosK7asLfj5b5/view?usp=sharing

Theres instructions in the excel file on how to use it (you can ask me if they arent clear). It defaults to Colorado Avalanche forwards but theres a link and explanation on where to get and how to load other team's data into the file.

I find it pretty useful to see how certain players may benefit from a high percentage of ice time with elite players on their team, or if a player does not get much ice time with other elite players on his team. @Richard88 you seemed pretty interested before so you may find this useful too

Wow, great job. And thank you for sharing it with me, much appreciated.

Curious what sites you use for the raw data that you mentioned in bold above?
UpsideDownQue a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2020 à 20 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: Richard88
Wow, great job. And thank you for sharing it with me, much appreciated.

Curious what sites you use for the raw data that you mentioned in bold above?

I get it from https://frozenpool.dobberhockey.com/

if you click lines > line combinations you can search by individual or team. They only round percentage of ice time to 2 decimal places so theres a little bit of rounding error but its close enough

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage