Forums/Armchair-GM

Mack Mikko and Hall

Créé par: Anus_McLeod
Équipe: 2020-21 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 24 juin 2020
Publié: 24 juin 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Hall picks Colorado because he wants to win. Zadorov and Donskoi are moved to make cap room.

Cole, Bellemare, Calvert, and Compher (expansion draft) come off the books to help keep the team cap compliant in future seasons. Johnson may ultimately be a cap casualty as well, but he stays as long as possible. It gets tight with Makar and Landeskog needing new contracts, but it's worth considering. I wouldn't call it cap hell, but the team no longer has a cushion.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
2700 000 $
42 850 000 $
21 350 000 $
2850 000 $
53 000 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
79 500 000 $
Transactions
COL
  1. Priskie, Chase
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (FLA)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de FLA
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $79 516 428 $0 $2 925 000 $1 983 572 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 5
5 571 429 $5 571 429 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AD
RFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
C
RFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DD
UFA - 1
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 450 000 $3 450 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
742 500 $742 500 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 juin 2020 à 8 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373
Yeah I know folks have reservations about his injuries and age, but I'll be damned if this doesn't look exciting as hell. Can't horde cap space forever, right?
24 juin 2020 à 8 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
They would dethrone Boston's top line for the title of best line in hockey
Anus_McLeod a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 2
CHI NYI
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
Mom pick me up I’m scared
Anus_McLeod et joshelkin a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 2
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Need to remember that we're probably looking at a flat cap this year and next, So you don't want the Hall signing to interfere with your ability to resign Landeskog and Makar next summer. And why would Florida want a bottom pairing LD like Nikita Zadorov? They need top pairing LD not bottom pairing like Zadorov.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Need to remember that we're probably looking at a flat cap this year and next, So you don't want the Hall signing to interfere with your ability to resign Landeskog and Makar next summer. And why would Florida want a bottom pairing LD like Nikita Zadorov? They need top pairing LD not bottom pairing like Zadorov.

Like I said in the description, the worst is that they move Johnson. Or they can move Kadri or Burakovsky. It's not ideal, but they can definitely work it out on the cap side.

Zadorov seems like someone Tallon would be interested in, and this is a pretty easy price for Florida to pay (IMO).
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 10
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 865
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58

They are letting go of Cole, Bellemare, and Calvert's big contracts, that's giving them an extra 9M to work with. Give Makar a bridge at 4M, Landeskog 7M, and Grubauer 6M which would leave you with about 1.5M. It's not much but its enough until Johnson's contract ends.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 29
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 715
You can probably sign Hall for 8.5. I would also try holding onto Donskoi. Letting him go could be a mistake.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 586
whoever signs hall to that much and that long is going to regret it
JeffW a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 1,646
In my opinion Hall will probably get close to that salary. But I dont think hes worth it, the guys a big name and had 1 amazing season and should have come second to MacKinnon for the hart.. his career body of work just doesnt scream 9.5x7 to me.
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 48
If hall wants to win so bad he'd try a 1 year deal with a top team this year while the cap is flat and then try to cash in next year or whenever it goes up with seattle and tv deal
24 juin 2020 à 9 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JeffW
In my opinion Hall will probably get close to that salary. But I dont think hes worth it, the guys a big name and had 1 amazing season and should have come second to MacKinnon for the hart.. his career body of work just doesnt scream 9.5x7 to me.

Obviously I'd love to get him for like $8.5x5, but I'm not sure that does it. Certainly you start there, but I think this is ultimately what it might take.

I will say this in terms of his production, the dude hasn't played on a team with the type of talent he'd be with in this scenario. He had McDavid for just over half a season in Connor's rookie year, but otherwise Hall has been on poor teams. Some of his underlying stats indicate he could explode on a line like this and make the contract look like a bargain for a while. The last two years may not be the best, but I think it's probably worth it if he provides five good seasons (maybe three great ones and two good ones).

In the end, I understand the hesitations. I'd rather have Eichel. But that's a pipe dream and would cost a fortune. Hall only costs a contract.
24 juin 2020 à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet
If hall wants to win so bad he'd try a 1 year deal with a top team this year while the cap is flat and then try to cash in next year or whenever it goes up with seattle and tv deal

I honestly thought that is what would happen, but he came out and said he's not interested and wants term.
24 juin 2020 à 10 h 9
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,984
When it comes time to pay MacKinnen he’s getting like max amount per year right? Not that Mikko isn’t a stud, but it’s obvious Mac is the best player on the team and he’s getting 3M less a year. Man what a steal of a contract that is.
24 juin 2020 à 10 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lsendel3
When it comes time to pay MacKinnen he’s getting like max amount per year right? Not that Mikko isn’t a stud, but it’s obvious Mac is the best player on the team and he’s getting 3M less a year. Man what a steal of a contract that is.

Huge steal, for sure. He'll definitely get a nice raise, but he did also say he'd take less in order to win. Hopefully he follows through on that. I tend to believe he will, but we'll see.
Richard88 a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 10 h 25
Quoting: SuckMyAvs
Obviously I'd love to get him for like $8.5x5, but I'm not sure that does it. Certainly you start there, but I think this is ultimately what it might take.

I will say this in terms of his production, the dude hasn't played on a team with the type of talent he'd be with in this scenario. He had McDavid for just over half a season in Connor's rookie year, but otherwise Hall has been on poor teams. Some of his underlying stats indicate he could explode on a line like this and make the contract look like a bargain for a while. The last two years may not be the best, but I think it's probably worth it if he provides five good seasons (maybe three great ones and two good ones).

In the end, I understand the hesitations. I'd rather have Eichel. But that's a pipe dream and would cost a fortune. Hall only costs a contract.

I honestly think you're overthinking this to much.. hall has played with all the young studs of the last 9 years.. eberle, mcdavid, draisaitl, hicsher, hughes, RNH... 5 1st overall picks, the talents been there, but a player that you pay that much is should make players around him better.

Also if the avs acquired hall i wouldnt play him with MacKinnon and rants,

Mack's the possession guy who skates the puck in and dishes it off to the shooters
Rants is the shooter
Landy is the defensive down low possession guy who stands in front of the net

That line is so good because these guys are so good at bringing all of those elements together.. Hall isnt going to take landys spot down low
Richard88 a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 10 h 54
Démarrer sujet
I honestly think you're overthinking this to much.. hall has played with all the young studs of the last 9 years.. eberle, mcdavid, draisaitl, hicsher, hughes, RNH... 5 1st overall picks, the talents been there, but a player that you pay that much is should make players around him better.

Also if the avs acquired hall i wouldnt play him with MacKinnon and rants,

Mack's the possession guy who skates the puck in and dishes it off to the shooters
Rants is the shooter
Landy is the defensive down low possession guy who stands in front of the net

That line is so good because these guys are so good at bringing all of those elements together.. Hall isnt going to take landys spot down low

Those guys were all either young in their careers and not the players they are now or good but not all that great (Eberle, RNH for example) though. Colorado has guys who are in their prime and plays a style that should fit with Hall's game. I think it's reasonable to expect a point per game pace and perhaps more, at least for 4 years or so.

Hall has definitely shown himself to make players around him better, so I disagree on that point. I would be very open to putting him on the second line though. Having him drive possession and dish to Naz and Burakovsky looks like a good recipe for success. Plus it gives him more favorable match ups to exploit. Either way is fine for me.

In the end I just don't think $9M or so is an overpay. He's a UFA, and those guys generally get more. If it weren't for revenue losses and a flat cap he'd likely be looking at well over $10M. If the league recovers and the tv deal goes well, then this could be a good contract.
24 juin 2020 à 10 h 58
Those guys were all either young in their careers and not the players they are now or good but not all that great (Eberle, RNH for example) though. Colorado has guys who are in their prime and plays a style that should fit with Hall's game. I think it's reasonable to expect a point per game pace and perhaps more, at least for 4 years or so.

Hall has definitely shown himself to make players around him better, so I disagree on that point. I would be very open to putting him on the second line though. Having him drive possession and dish to Naz and Burakovsky looks like a good recipe for success. Plus it gives him more favorable match ups to exploit. Either way is fine for me.

In the end I just don't think $9M or so is an overpay. He's a UFA, and those guys generally get more. If it weren't for revenue losses and a flat cap he'd likely be looking at well over $10M. If the league recovers and the tv deal goes well, then this could be a good contract.

Agree to disagree I guess.. second line would be where I'd put him, just dont know if I'd wanna pay a 2nd line winger 9+mill

Maybe if colorado had an issue scoring it would be a different situation
24 juin 2020 à 11 h 1
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,984
Huge steal, for sure. He'll definitely get a nice raise, but he did also say he'd take less in order to win. Hopefully he follows through on that. I tend to believe he will, but we'll see.

Sure I get that. But if the AVs give Hall 9.5 and Mikko is at 9.3 or whatever, you can’t expect the actual superstar to take like 10. Bet it’ll still be up in the 12.5 area if McDavid if we see a rise in cap. Worth every penny and a good problem to have
24 juin 2020 à 11 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Agree to disagree I guess.. second line would be where I'd put him, just dont know if I'd wanna pay a 2nd line winger 9+mill

Maybe if colorado had an issue scoring it would be a different situation

The team has a lot of ELCs and or cheap contracts on the way (Newhook, Byram, Kaut, Bowers, Timmins) and a great Mack contract they should take advantage of. In the end you want to ice the best team possible. I think there is a good argument that this does that.

I have moved away from the 1st vs 2nd vs 3rd line distinction a bit. I get your point, but if you essentially create 1a and 1b and can afford to do so, then why not?
24 juin 2020 à 11 h 24
The team has a lot of ELCs and or cheap contracts on the way (Newhook, Byram, Kaut, Bowers, Timmins) and a great Mack contract they should take advantage of. In the end you want to ice the best team possible. I think there is a good argument that this does that.

I have moved away from the 1st vs 2nd vs 3rd line distinction a bit. I get your point, but if you essentially create 1a and 1b and can afford to do so, then why not?

I would argue that you cant afford it..
If Hall signs for 9.5

Landy 8 mill
Grubauer 5-6.5
Makar 7-9
Timmins ??
Jost ??
Graves ??
24 juin 2020 à 11 h 42
Démarrer sujet
I would argue that you cant afford it..
If Hall signs for 9.5

Landy 8 mill
Grubauer 5-6.5
Makar 7-9
Timmins ??
Jost ??
Graves ??

I think many agree with you, but I think it can be done. Obviously there is a lot of uncertainty on the cap, but I try to project 4-5 years out and think it works. Landy will get a raise, but not a huge one, and I think the same can be said for Jost, Timmins, and Grubauer. Eventually Annunen (hopefully) replaces one of the goalies, which also helps. Makar will be the big one, as he's worth every bit of $10M.

At that point someone will need to be moved or let go. Johnson, Kadri, and Burakovsky are the most obvious candidates. Losing any of them is not ideal, but the team has options coming up. And if you do move a guy like Burakovsky, you get something back (picks or prospects) to help keep things rolling in the future. Even Girard could be a candidate to move if it turns out Byram makes him expendable.

I also gain a lot of comfort by looking at other teams. If the Avs can't afford the above, then many other teams won't be able to afford their rosters. Eventually the cap needs to go up, even if it means escrow. All this is to say that I do hear the concerns loud and clear, but I think the benefits outweigh the concerns. Just my opinion.
24 juin 2020 à 13 h 30
I think many agree with you, but I think it can be done. Obviously there is a lot of uncertainty on the cap, but I try to project 4-5 years out and think it works. Landy will get a raise, but not a huge one, and I think the same can be said for Jost, Timmins, and Grubauer. Eventually Annunen (hopefully) replaces one of the goalies, which also helps. Makar will be the big one, as he's worth every bit of $10M.

At that point someone will need to be moved or let go. Johnson, Kadri, and Burakovsky are the most obvious candidates. Losing any of them is not ideal, but the team has options coming up. And if you do move a guy like Burakovsky, you get something back (picks or prospects) to help keep things rolling in the future. Even Girard could be a candidate to move if it turns out Byram makes him expendable.

I also gain a lot of comfort by looking at other teams. If the Avs can't afford the above, then many other teams won't be able to afford their rosters. Eventually the cap needs to go up, even if it means escrow. All this is to say that I do hear the concerns loud and clear, but I think the benefits outweigh the concerns. Just my opinion.

Johnson and kadri have no trade clauses.. not perfect ones but can ruin possible trades and burakovsky is a piece you just added and was basically on pace to keep up with taylor hall and will basically cost half as much for the same production (going of last year) with a 9.5 mill x 7 contract you are basically counting on hall having his MVP season repeated.. when it's more likely you end up with 50ish games 40-60 pts on average
24 juin 2020 à 14 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Johnson and kadri have no trade clauses.. not perfect ones but can ruin possible trades and burakovsky is a piece you just added and was basically on pace to keep up with taylor hall and will basically cost half as much for the same production (going of last year) with a 9.5 mill x 7 contract you are basically counting on hall having his MVP season repeated.. when it's more likely you end up with 50ish games 40-60 pts on average

Maybe it works out that way with Hall, but I think the underlying numbers and style this team plays point more to Hall thriving with the Avs.

On the cap, can we agree that 2021/2022 is most likely going to be the tightest year? If so, here is what I see.

1 MacKinnon 6,300,000
2 Hall 9,250,000
3 Rantanen 9,250,000
4 Kadri 4,500,000
5 Landeskog 7,250,000
6 Burakovsky 5,000,000
7 Newhook 925,000
8 Jost 1,250,000
9 Nichushkin 3,000,000
10 Bowers 925,000
11 O'Connor 700,000
12 Kaut 894,167
13 Kamenev 800,000

1 Girard 5,000,000
2 Johnson 6,000,000
3 Graves 2,850,000
4 Makar 9,000,000
5 Byram 925,000
6 Timmins 925,000
7 Lindholm 742,500

1 Grubauer 4,250,000
2 Francouz 2,000,000

The team is ever so slightly above the cap. They can finagle their way into compliance via LTIR or active roster management (only having a 13th forward and/or 7th defenseman on the road and one or none at home). Or they can go with Francouz and a free agent. Or they can move one of the guys previously mentioned. I don't think Kadri would be difficult to move (only 10 team list). Johnson would be tougher due to his salary, and I don't think they would want to anyway, but it's an option. Burakovsky might bring back more than they paid for him, making it a success. Or maybe the cap rises slightly, in which case it's all good. Or they sign a guy for the league minimum instead of Lindholm or Kamenev. In short, there seem to be options.

In the end I think it can work. My projections may be optimistic in certain areas, but I don't see anything that would stop me from going for it, especially if Hall would do something in the $8Ms for 5-6 years which is what I'd target. There won't be a lot of contenders that can fit him in without gutting their roster. If he truly wants term and a chance to win, Sakic should have some leverage.
24 juin 2020 à 18 h 5
Dr.
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,413
I understand the attraction of Hall and it would be great to have him but if we've learned anything over the past two seasons its that we need depth. You've went on to mention practically trading away the whole team outside of like 5 players to make this hall contract work. If we were to run into the injuries we had this year with what you have we would be playing 9 rookies. Sakic has built up a monster of a team there's no point in blowing it all up to fit a massive contract on the team for someone who has had major injuries over his whole career.
JeffW a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 18 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ArakinSkywalker
I understand the attraction of Hall and it would be great to have him but if we've learned anything over the past two seasons its that we need depth. You've went on to mention practically trading away the whole team outside of like 5 players to make this hall contract work. If we were to run into the injuries we had this year with what you have we would be playing 9 rookies. Sakic has built up a monster of a team there's no point in blowing it all up to fit a massive contract on the team for someone who has had major injuries over his whole career.

The only guys traded are Donskoi and Z (the latter happens regardless). Compher goes to Seattle, and other contracts roll off. So basically I'm just saying trade Donskoi for Hall, as the other stuff probably happens either way.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage