Forums/Armchair-GM

culture change and lotto win trade 3rd

Créé par: jonnymc26
Équipe: 2020-21 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 22 juin 2020
Publié: 22 juin 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
7th >>>3rd >>> 13th (JARVIS), 17th (MERCER), 23rd (PETERKA)
depth of talent and high compete players are what is lacking in buffalo. this is my fix for it. wouldn't win this year but would be a better team to watch and move forward with
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
2900 000 $
43 800 000 $
2900 000 $
42 800 000 $
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
23 200 000 $
37 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Jarvis, Seth
3925 000 $
Peterka, John-Jason
3925 000 $
Mercer, Dawson
3925 000 $
Kuznetsov, Yan
3925 000 $
Transactions
BUF
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (VAN)
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
7th and lower of the 2 remaining 1st rounders 17th (MERCER)
NJD
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
3rd (STUTZLE)
BUF
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (NYR)
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (CAR)
Détails additionnels:
13th (JARVIS) 23rd (PETERKA)
NYR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
7th (PERFETTI)
BUF
  1. Hague, Nicolas
  2. Krebs, Peyton
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (VGK)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
28th (KUZNETSOV)
VGK
  1. Montour, Brandon [Droits de RFA]
  2. Reinhart, Sam [Droits de RFA]
BUF
ANA
  1. Skinner, Jeff
Détails additionnels:
compliance buyout
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYR
Logo de CAR
Logo de VGK
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de DAL
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de VGK
Logo de NJD
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $63 960 001 $1 487 500 $4 420 000 $17 539 999 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 6
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
894 167 $894 167 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
C
UFA - 3
845 000 $845 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
791 667 $791 667 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DD
RFA - 1
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
G
UFA - 3
864 166 $864 166 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 11
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,718
NYR accept so fast
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,115
So how does trading/cbo-ing 1/3 of BUF top 6 (and players that Eichel likes) + trading away high-end draft picks going to make Eichel want to stay?
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,486
as a Devils fan I would absolutely trade 7th and 17th for Stutzle
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 17
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Vegas Declines
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 21
total_knut
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 106
Not only does Vegas decline, McCrimmon proceeds to remove all Buffalo emails and phone numbers from his contact list.
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 23
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 216
This is terrible. On every level.
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 42
NHLCORNER
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17
No my goodness that trade would not work for Veges at all
22 juin 2020 à 14 h 43
burn the pegulas
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,293
this is so bad holy
22 juin 2020 à 19 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,798
While you have a built a decent team, it relies on prospects more than if the Sabres made no trades and kept everyone you traded.
Second, all of the trades greatly favor the Sabres.
Both of the trades involving first round picks the value the Sabres are getting exceeds the value of the picks they are giving up.
I am not a big fan of Reinhart. If he did not play with Jack, I think he would struggle to reach 40 pts and 18 goals.
Separating Montour and Sam, Montour would get a first and Sam 3 of the other pieces, but I think you may be correct, so let's agree that you are correct.
I do not know why you need to buy out Skinner, there is plenty of cap space and he was mis used last year.
22 juin 2020 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 705
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
NYR accept so fast

Agreed, would love to nab one more top prospect before the rebuild officially transitions.
23 juin 2020 à 2 h 25
Démarrer sujet
buffalofan
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 172
Quoting: villenash
So how does trading/cbo-ing 1/3 of BUF top 6 (and players that Eichel likes) + trading away high-end draft picks going to make Eichel want to stay?

Eichel is signed for another 6 years what makes you think he has right to walk away and demand a trade? yes he is face of bottom feeding franchise that hasn't gone anywhere yet but whats new? what the sabres have really been missing is high energy players, power forward just the guys that keep momentum going for your team and halt the others.
23 juin 2020 à 2 h 41
Démarrer sujet
buffalofan
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
While you have a built a decent team, it relies on prospects more than if the Sabres made no trades and kept everyone you traded.
Second, all of the trades greatly favor the Sabres.
Both of the trades involving first round picks the value the Sabres are getting exceeds the value of the picks they are giving up.
I am not a big fan of Reinhart. If he did not play with Jack, I think he would struggle to reach 40 pts and 18 goals.
Separating Montour and Sam, Montour would get a first and Sam 3 of the other pieces, but I think you may be correct, so let's agree that you are correct.
I do not know why you need to buy out Skinner, there is plenty of cap space and he was mis used last year.

you should look up charts that show approx value of each pick helps to visualize it better. the Sabres lose all of the pick trade value swaps slightly IMO, but its about getting depth. here is a link to one i like
https://bluebulletreport.com/2019/06/05/2018-19-draft-model-update-part-iii-blue-bullet-draft-pick-value-chart/
as for not liking reinhart its because you dont watch him, there is no other reason to dislike him.
all stats show jack is the one who improves when sam is there and that sam drives possession numbers up on any line he plays for.
I am trading him to bolster depth, and signed a guy short term to what sam should get long term.
as for the skinner buyout, if there is any compliance ones for a flat cap they should use it on him. what you said about reinhart is true about skinner.
they have that cap space now but if a few of the kids start to pan out you have skinner sitting low on the depth chart eating 8m$ cap space.
23 juin 2020 à 2 h 50
Quoting: jonnymc26
you should look up charts that show approx value of each pick helps to visualize it better. the Sabres lose all of the pick trade value swaps slightly IMO, but its about getting depth. here is a link to one i like
https://bluebulletreport.com/2019/06/05/2018-19-draft-model-update-part-iii-blue-bullet-draft-pick-value-chart/
as for not liking reinhart its because you dont watch him, there is no other reason to dislike him.
all stats show jack is the one who improves when sam is there and that sam drives possession numbers up on any line he plays for.
I am trading him to bolster depth, and signed a guy short term to what sam should get long term.
as for the skinner buyout, if there is any compliance ones for a flat cap they should use it on him. what you said about reinhart is true about skinner.
they have that cap space now but if a few of the kids start to pan out you have skinner sitting low on the depth chart eating 8m$ cap space.

Nice chart, I use this one based on what GM's did in the past: https://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-nhl-draft-pick-value-1.786131
I am a season ticket holder and I watch Sam with out Jack, or maybe I should say, there is nothing to watch when Jack is not on the ice.
Jeff had a bad year because we had a bad coach making bad line combinations and putting Jeff in a position to excell.
I would not buy out a player because he had one bad season.
Okposo would be the buy out IMO.
But it good to exchange ideas, I will look at your draft chart more closely, it may be better than mine.
23 juin 2020 à 9 h 44
Eichel is signed for another 6 years what makes you think he has right to walk away and demand a trade? yes he is face of bottom feeding franchise that hasn't gone anywhere yet but whats new? what the sabres have really been missing is high energy players, power forward just the guys that keep momentum going for your team and halt the others.

A player demanding a trade is nothing new...

Having said that, I don't think BUF has any intention of trading him. But I do think that they want to make him happy and get him some help. These moves would do the exact opposite and set them back. That makes it more likely that Eichel continues to get frustrated and that can lead to issues down the line.
24 juin 2020 à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
buffalofan
A player demanding a trade is nothing new...

Having said that, I don't think BUF has any intention of trading him. But I do think that they want to make him happy and get him some help. These moves would do the exact opposite and set them back. That makes it more likely that Eichel continues to get frustrated and that can lead to issues down the line.

does it really tho? the current team isnt getting it done at all, would he not be happier if team showed they are trying to build a solid foundation?
24 juin 2020 à 13 h 31
Démarrer sujet
buffalofan
Nice chart, I use this one based on what GM's did in the past: https://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-nhl-draft-pick-value-1.786131
I am a season ticket holder and I watch Sam with out Jack, or maybe I should say, there is nothing to watch when Jack is not on the ice.
Jeff had a bad year because we had a bad coach making bad line combinations and putting Jeff in a position to excell.
I would not buy out a player because he had one bad season.
Okposo would be the buy out IMO.
But it good to exchange ideas, I will look at your draft chart more closely, it may be better than mine.

i know it cost a bit of money (45$) but i love the black book of hockey that hockey prospects does. you get actual scouting reports and really in depth profiles on everyone. there rankings are pretty different from tsn and other stuff tho but they put up a bunch of reasons to read why. the rankings are free to just see tho, the bio s aren't tho.
https://hockeyprospect.com/2020-nhl-draft-rankings/
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 13 h 56
does it really tho? the current team isnt getting it done at all, would he not be happier if team showed they are trying to build a solid foundation?

He's been playing for 5 years now, and BUF has not been the best organization to play for so far -- the ROR incident with him saying he lost the love of hockey and now the past few weeks Eichel has been talking about all of his frustrations, and missing the playoffs every year, etc. He wants to compete and be in the playoffs. This direction will take longer for BUF to make the playoffs -- while it might be a direction that ultimately produces a better team (though I think they should just use their top pick this year instead of trading for few later 1st like you have), it will only exacerbate the issues. With this direction, the team is likely 3+ years out of playoff contention, maybe even longer. And if things don't turn around quicker, I think Eichel could consider demanding a trade. Time will tell, but these moves would not make me confident as a BUF player or fan (Preds fan here) -- and it would likely make UFA signings that much harder. Overall, I think BUF has some good pieces -- really, they just need a competent goalie to form a 1A/B with Ullmark, a 2C, and a top 6 winger. Easier said than done, but I think that is a better direction to go.
24 juin 2020 à 20 h 7
i know it cost a bit of money (45$) but i love the black book of hockey that hockey prospects does. you get actual scouting reports and really in depth profiles on everyone. there rankings are pretty different from tsn and other stuff tho but they put up a bunch of reasons to read why. the rankings are free to just see tho, the bio s aren't tho.
https://hockeyprospect.com/2020-nhl-draft-rankings/

Let's see if you and I can put together a playoff team.

I probably miss represented my view of Reinhart. Playing him with Jack greatly inflated his value IMO by about $3,000,000, so trading him is great idea.
Same with Montour, I think we have not seen the best of him and he would most likely want to sign a bridge deal so he could hit free agency soon. I like him more than Sam but trading him is a good idea.

I like first round picks and you gave me 3 extra ones and 2 extra 2nd round picks.

I presume Okposo's contract only runs for 3 more years while Skinner's is another 6 which why you decided to buy him out.
I think Okposo could produce more but let's keep him on the fourth line.
I think I would keep Skinner, but if we are looking to cut cap, I guess you are correct.

I absolute am mesmerized how well Girgensons and Larsson can control the puck, it is nearly impossible to take the puck away from them.
But, you are correct that they were terrible at PK and have price themselves out of the line up.
IMO Lazar has demonstrated the skills to fill in for Larsson and hopefully Asplund is NHL ready.
He better be we gave up Pysyk and 3rd round pick to move 5 spots up to get him. Very high price.

This will raise some eyebrows, but I am afraid Olofsson may be another Jonathan Cheechoo or Matt Moulson, I would look to move him.
Remember, how he set an NHL record with his first 11 (I think it was 11) goals being PP.

You really loaded up with prospects and picks.
I think another UFA center would be appropriate, I would look to sign Galchenyuk.
He is young, IMO he was miss cast last year and we may be able to get him for cheap.

Well those are my opinions and we all know about opinions.
I may need to invest in the black book, but my GF may not let me spend that much on Hockey.
But I will have extra hockey money after I give up my season tickets.

Nice chatting with a knowledgeable fan.
24 juin 2020 à 20 h 21
He's been playing for 5 years now, and BUF has not been the best organization to play for so far -- the ROR incident with him saying he lost the love of hockey and now the past few weeks Eichel has been talking about all of his frustrations, and missing the playoffs every year, etc. He wants to compete and be in the playoffs. This direction will take longer for BUF to make the playoffs -- while it might be a direction that ultimately produces a better team (though I think they should just use their top pick this year instead of trading for few later 1st like you have), it will only exacerbate the issues. With this direction, the team is likely 3+ years out of playoff contention, maybe even longer. And if things don't turn around quicker, I think Eichel could consider demanding a trade. Time will tell, but these moves would not make me confident as a BUF player or fan (Preds fan here) -- and it would likely make UFA signings that much harder. Overall, I think BUF has some good pieces -- really, they just need a competent goalie to form a 1A/B with Ullmark, a 2C, and a top 6 winger. Easier said than done, but I think that is a better direction to go.

"BUF has not been the best organization to play for so far"
It is becoming a laughing stock.
The Pegula's are now paying 3 GM's

O'Reilly never made me feel good.
If one watched closely, he would win a face off, race (well lumbered) to the offensive blue line, dump the puck and watch the defense carry it out.
It appears you listened to the entire interview, he said he lost his love from the get go, not after losing, but right away.
I was so happy to see him gone as the team did better the following year without him!

"Overall, I think BUF has some good pieces -- really, they just need a competent goalie to form a 1A/B with Ullmark, a 2C, and a top 6 winger. Easier said than done, but I think that is a better direction to go."
GK = Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen in two years or less
2C = Cozens in two years or less
top 6 winger = Mittelstadt or Thompson maybe this year.
The pieces are all there, just needed a little patience.
Unfortunately the NHL drafts 17 and 18 year old prospects, so unless one is out standing it takes 3 to 5 years to develop them.

While I do not agree with all of the moves above, if the Sabres could sign Dadonov, a couple of UFA centers the team could be ready next year.

EDIT
I forgot, I wonder why Murray did not try to get Talbot.
If you add together the assets, that was about the same pick used to draft Guhle.
But instead we gave up a first for OTT 3rd string GK.
villenash a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2020 à 21 h 11
"BUF has not been the best organization to play for so far"
It is becoming a laughing stock.
The Pegula's are now paying 3 GM's

O'Reilly never made me feel good.
If one watched closely, he would win a face off, race (well lumbered) to the offensive blue line, dump the puck and watch the defense carry it out.
It appears you listened to the entire interview, he said he lost his love from the get go, not after losing, but right away.
I was so happy to see him gone as the team did better the following year without him!

"Overall, I think BUF has some good pieces -- really, they just need a competent goalie to form a 1A/B with Ullmark, a 2C, and a top 6 winger. Easier said than done, but I think that is a better direction to go."
GK = Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen in two years or less
2C = Cozens in two years or less
top 6 winger = Mittelstadt or Thompson maybe this year.
The pieces are all there, just needed a little patience.
Unfortunately the NHL drafts 17 and 18 year old prospects, so unless one is out standing it takes 3 to 5 years to develop them.

While I do not agree with all of the moves above, if the Sabres could sign Dadonov, a couple of UFA centers the team could be ready next year.

EDIT
I forgot, I wonder why Murray did not try to get Talbot.
If you add together the assets, that was about the same pick used to draft Guhle.
But instead we gave up a first for OTT 3rd string GK.

If they could add a stopgap 2C in Statsny (could be cheap to acquire depending on the direction VGK take), a one year backup in Allen or someone, and free agent top 6 winger, they could be pretty solid next year and then the year after hopefully some of the younger players make the jump and contribute.
25 juin 2020 à 9 h 7
If they could add a stopgap 2C in Statsny (could be cheap to acquire depending on the direction VGK take), a one year backup in Allen or someone, and free agent top 6 winger, they could be pretty solid next year and then the year after hopefully some of the younger players make the jump and contribute.

I would love if the Sabres could sign Dadonov or Hoffman, but let's over pay and give either one $7,500,000

Trade Reinhart to Vegas for 2020 first, Stastny and Hague.
That will save Buffalo about $2,000,000 cap space and give them their 3rd LHD.
Many Vegas fans do not think they need a RHD, and it makes sense if they were willing to give up Miller for a late 2nd.

I will keep Skinner as the RW 2nd line with Stastny,
I am not particularly thrilled with 3 LHF on the same line but I could go after Galchenyuk.
I think he was mis cast in Pittsburgh and Minnesota and could return to his 20 goal/season level.
He has played center as well, so I now have the option of putting him there if Paul falters.
He may only cost $4,000,000/yr.

That makes the 3rd line Kahun - Johansson - Thompson
I could go after another UFA center for insurance as well, Gagner.
He would probably cost about $700,000
Then I could keep Thompson in Rochester for more development.

I think your fourth line is the future.
TBH, maybe Okposo could be moved up as only Sam, Jack and Victor score more pt/min than he last year.

I would need to move either Miller or Montour.
I think Montour would return more.
Since I have Jokiharju and Ristolainen as 1-2 RHD I would trade the one that offered the biggest return.
He had the best +/- of all skater, only Scandella had a better PDO among the defensemen.
I think Montour would give me first round pick from a team who wants him.

I of course love signing Talbot as he is the GK I would have wanted five years ago.
Put Hutton on LTIR and blame his vision problems for the move.

Finally, trade the same picks you traded giving the Sabres five first round picks this year.
Or just keep them and have only 3 either way those picks would be NHL ready when Galchenyuk's contract expired.
Cozens and Mittelstadt will be ready when Stastny's and Johansson's contracts expire.

I await your comments.
Strange that a Preds fan would be able to build a good Sabre team.
BTW you know Pete Weber was the Sabre's announcer in the '70's and '90's.
villenash a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2020 à 9 h 41
I would love if the Sabres could sign Dadonov or Hoffman, but let's over pay and give either one $7,500,000

Trade Reinhart to Vegas for 2020 first, Stastny and Hague.
That will save Buffalo about $2,000,000 cap space and give them their 3rd LHD.
Many Vegas fans do not think they need a RHD, and it makes sense if they were willing to give up Miller for a late 2nd.

I will keep Skinner as the RW 2nd line with Stastny,
I am not particularly thrilled with 3 LHF on the same line but I could go after Galchenyuk.
I think he was mis cast in Pittsburgh and Minnesota and could return to his 20 goal/season level.
He has played center as well, so I now have the option of putting him there if Paul falters.
He may only cost $4,000,000/yr.

That makes the 3rd line Kahun - Johansson - Thompson
I could go after another UFA center for insurance as well, Gagner.
He would probably cost about $700,000
Then I could keep Thompson in Rochester for more development.

I think your fourth line is the future.
TBH, maybe Okposo could be moved up as only Sam, Jack and Victor score more pt/min than he last year.

I would need to move either Miller or Montour.
I think Montour would return more.
Since I have Jokiharju and Ristolainen as 1-2 RHD I would trade the one that offered the biggest return.
He had the best +/- of all skater, only Scandella had a better PDO among the defensemen.
I think Montour would give me first round pick from a team who wants him.

I of course love signing Talbot as he is the GK I would have wanted five years ago.
Put Hutton on LTIR and blame his vision problems for the move.

Finally, trade the same picks you traded giving the Sabres five first round picks this year.
Or just keep them and have only 3 either way those picks would be NHL ready when Galchenyuk's contract expired.
Cozens and Mittelstadt will be ready when Stastny's and Johansson's contracts expire.

I await your comments.
Strange that a Preds fan would be able to build a good Sabre team.
BTW you know Pete Weber was the Sabre's announcer in the '70's and '90's.

Pete Weber is the best -- he and Terry Crisp made up one of the best play-by-play/commentary teams for many years with the Preds I think!

I agree with most of what you have here - but I wouldn't trade Reinhart. That leaves a huge hole in the top 6.

I like the 3rd line, but if Thompson can't hang then Kahun/Johansson - Larsson - Kahun/Johansson could be solid as well.

I think BUF would probably want to keep Miller since he played pretty well with Dahlin - so in my eyes, one of Montour/Risto are on the block. Honestly maybe even both if the team can be improved through the traded. Borgen or Bryson are hopefully read to take a spot. And I think a solid vet like Sekera would be good for this team on the 3rd pair.

With that extra cap space, BUF should be able to sign a Hoffman/Dadonov/Toffoli or other top 6 forward.

The reason I say Allen from STL as 1B goalie is because they may be one of the only teams willing to take Hutton. That organization has familiarity with him and he is cheaper than Allen -- and they need to shed some cap. So a deal could be made there I think -- Hutton + 2nd + 4th for Allen or something.

Here's what I would do -- Trade Ristolainen for Bennett (CGY) + picks, Montour for picks (not sure who to target with him), Johansson for picks, picks for Statsny (VGK), and Hutton + picks for Allen --- Sign Dadonov, Sekera + some BUF RFAs. I think these deals all make some sense, but Statsny would need to waive his NTC and CGY would want to snag Risto -- so maybe different teams in the end, but these type of deals.

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Statsny - Dadonov
Kahun - Larsson - Bennett/Thompson
Thompson/Bennett- 4C - Okposo

Dahlin - Miller
McCabe - Jokiharju
Sekera - Borgen

Ullmark
Allen

That would leave about $3m to add a 4C and some extras.
25 juin 2020 à 23 h 12
Pete Weber is the best -- he and Terry Crisp made up one of the best play-by-play/commentary teams for many years with the Preds I think!

I agree with most of what you have here - but I wouldn't trade Reinhart. That leaves a huge hole in the top 6.

I like the 3rd line, but if Thompson can't hang then Kahun/Johansson - Larsson - Kahun/Johansson could be solid as well.

I think BUF would probably want to keep Miller since he played pretty well with Dahlin - so in my eyes, one of Montour/Risto are on the block. Honestly maybe even both if the team can be improved through the traded. Borgen or Bryson are hopefully read to take a spot. And I think a solid vet like Sekera would be good for this team on the 3rd pair.

With that extra cap space, BUF should be able to sign a Hoffman/Dadonov/Toffoli or other top 6 forward.

The reason I say Allen from STL as 1B goalie is because they may be one of the only teams willing to take Hutton. That organization has familiarity with him and he is cheaper than Allen -- and they need to shed some cap. So a deal could be made there I think -- Hutton + 2nd + 4th for Allen or something.

Here's what I would do -- Trade Ristolainen for Bennett (CGY) + picks, Montour for picks (not sure who to target with him), Johansson for picks, picks for Statsny (VGK), and Hutton + picks for Allen --- Sign Dadonov, Sekera + some BUF RFAs. I think these deals all make some sense, but Statsny would need to waive his NTC and CGY would want to snag Risto -- so maybe different teams in the end, but these type of deals.

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Statsny - Dadonov
Kahun - Larsson - Bennett/Thompson
Thompson/Bennett- 4C - Okposo

Dahlin - Miller
McCabe - Jokiharju
Sekera - Borgen

Ullmark
Allen

That would leave about $3m to add a 4C and some extras.

I have been thinking since I posted this yesterday.
The Sabres are paying 3 GM's right now.
Players from other teams know this team is a disaster and now Kevin Adams who has absolutely no experience running a team is the GM.
I really do not think any player will waive their NTC nor any UFA will want to come to Buffalo.
The Pegulas have buggered this team.
He forces the GM's to try to get to the playoffs in 3 years, when they fail, they are fired and the team takes a new direction.
My son and I were looking at Sakic and Colorado.
He has been through some really bad times, he made some really bad moves and now they have a truly bright future.
I do not see a bright future for this team.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage