zboyat 2020 NHL Mock Draft

zboyat 2020 NHL Mock Draft

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: zboyat
Publié: 22 juin 2020 à 0 h 49
22 juin 2020 à 9 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Aside from Askarov I'd be OK with this draft for the Wild. Rather take another forward at 11 like Mercer, Bourqu, or even Jarvis
zboyat a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 10 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 817
Quoting: TanSor
Aside from Askarov I'd be OK with this draft for the Wild. Rather take another forward at 11 like Mercer, Bourqu, or even Jarvis

First of all, I gotta give a shoutout to Zeke! Welcome to CapFriendly man! Been my go to guy on Twitter for a while now on Kaprizov highlights.

And I've been trying to think about this for a while. Since he's supposed to be the best goalie prospect since Price, I wouldn't mind taking Askarov...but the fact that goalies are boom or bust, and take a while to develop, scares the crap out of me. But if he is the real deal...we can cross an elite goaltender off our list and focus on Centers only.
TanSor et zboyat a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 10 h 44
Quoting: mnwild1790
First of all, I gotta give a shoutout to Zeke! Welcome to CapFriendly man! Been my go to guy on Twitter for a while now on Kaprizov highlights.

And I've been trying to think about this for a while. Since he's supposed to be the best goalie prospect since Price, I wouldn't mind taking Askarov...but the fact that goalies are boom or bust, and take a while to develop, scares the crap out of me. But if he is the real deal...we can cross an elite goaltender off our list and focus on Centers only.

I guess my main thought is we have Kahkonen and we have Jones, plus Robson has looked solid. Our only promising LD prospect is Warren and our only center prospect is Khovanov. I know teams typically take BPA but I have Mercer ahead of Askarov on my board
zboyat a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 10 h 49
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,486
Devils are taking Stutzle if they're picking 2nd
22 juin 2020 à 11 h 31
I guess my main thought is we have Kahkonen and we have Jones, plus Robson has looked solid. Our only promising LD prospect is Warren and our only center prospect is Khovanov. I know teams typically take BPA but I have Mercer ahead of Askarov on my board

In a perfect world, I would assume that we take a Center at 11 OA and Kappo or Jones develops into the stud we need for years to come. But since Elite goaltenders are so hard to find, if Askarov is available at 11...I think it might be worth the risk. Since we need both Centers, LD's, and Goalies, I can see us taking the safer route. However, if we do grab Askarov and he ends up being a bust, I won't be mad. Elite goaltenders are hard to find and taking a risk on the guy dubbed the next Carey Price seems like a proper gamble if you ask me.
22 juin 2020 à 12 h 28
In a perfect world, I would assume that we take a Center at 11 OA and Kappo or Jones develops into the stud we need for years to come. But since Elite goaltenders are so hard to find, if Askarov is available at 11...I think it might be worth the risk. Since we need both Centers, LD's, and Goalies, I can see us taking the safer route. However, if we do grab Askarov and he ends up being a bust, I won't be mad. Elite goaltenders are hard to find and taking a risk on the guy dubbed the next Carey Price seems like a proper gamble if you ask me.

That's fair, I guess I'd just like to see what we have with Kahkonen first. Askarov is a fantastic prospect and goalies are such an inconsistent position that I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a bunch. I have Mercer ranked over Askarov on my board (which I will probably post soon) so that's why I'd take him but I'm also way higher on Mercer than most people (he's 9th on my board)
mnwild1790 et zboyat a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 12 h 34
That's fair, I guess I'd just like to see what we have with Kahkonen first. Askarov is a fantastic prospect and goalies are such an inconsistent position that I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a bunch. I have Mercer ranked over Askarov on my board (which I will probably post soon) so that's why I'd take him but I'm also way higher on Mercer than most people (he's 9th on my board)

I really hope we get lucky and get a top 3 pick. Partly because we need the talent infusion, partly because then the pick becomes more of a no-brainer instead of agonizing over who we should pick.
22 juin 2020 à 12 h 48
I really hope we get lucky and get a top 3 pick. Partly because we need the talent infusion, partly because then the pick becomes more of a no-brainer instead of agonizing over who we should pick.

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately if we lose the play-in we have a worse probability of landing a top 3 pick this year compared to previous years with the dual lottery system the league has decided to implement. But landing a top 3 pick would solve so many issues
zboyat et mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 15 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6

Thanks man, appreciate it! Finally actually made an account on here, and hopefully soon enough I won't have to be digging up Kaprizov highlights and articles and instead we'll be able to actually watch him play, the wait seems to almost over, hopefully the NHL allows him to sign for this season.
mnwild1790 et TanSor a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 15 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6

Agreed that I would like to give Kahkonen a shot and see what he can do in a longer stint in the NHL, but I just felt it would be too hard too pass up the potential elite goaltender at #11, although Lundell was also consideration.

As you all said, Center and Goalies are their biggest need, so I would be fine either way, although it would be very, very nice if we got some lottery luck for once for a chance at Byfield/Rossi/Perfetti
TanSor a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2020 à 15 h 49
Quoting: zboyat
Thanks man, appreciate it! Finally actually made an account on here, and hopefully soon enough I won't have to be digging up Kaprizov highlights and articles and instead we'll be able to actually watch him play, the wait seems to almost over, hopefully the NHL allows him to sign for this season.

Too true man! Hopefully the NHL sees reason and let's all reserve list players sign this year as opposed to next year. It only makes sense. At this point, regardless, I just want any sort of hockey back. With or without Kaprizov.
zboyat et TanSor a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage