SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Lundell is the Best Defensive Player of the Draft - Prove Me Wrong

Lundell is the Best Defensive Player of the Draft - Prove Me Wrong

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
Publié: 20 juin 2020 à 16 h 25
Description
His Hockey IQ is among the best of the draft, he is an offensive threat, and his defensive awareness is beyond anyone else in the draft.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
20 juin 2020 à 16 h 29
GoCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 532
Anton Lundell is really good and top 6 but don't get me wrong here, he isn't a top 10 talent this draft. You see, he is really the older player in this draft and his ceiling is known so you know what you're getting, looks like picking Mikael Granlund in a draft. He will have the same impact for a player like Philip Danault or Walmart version of Alexander Barkov. He needs to work on skating, then develop a lethal shot hs defensive game is amazing so no need to improve there, if he can work on the edges on his skating and have a playmaking sense there is that silverlining to him being the Sebastian Aho who is big and defensive
TanSor a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2020 à 16 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,981
I think Rossi is just as strong defensively, and I'm more of a believer of his offensive upside.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2020 à 16 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,510
I totally agree, I think he should go top 8
21 juin 2020 à 1 h 18
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,162
Quoting: jassan28
Anton Lundell is really good and top 6 but don't get me wrong here, he isn't a top 10 talent this draft. You see, he is really the older player in this draft and his ceiling is known so you know what you're getting, looks like picking Mikael Granlund in a draft. He will have the same impact for a player like Philip Danault or Walmart version of Alexander Barkov. He needs to work on skating, then develop a lethal shot hs defensive game is amazing so no need to improve there, if he can work on the edges on his skating and have a playmaking sense there is that silverlining to him being the Sebastian Aho who is big and defensive

He already does have a pretty strong shot that is called "elite" by some, and he's described by some scouting reports as a powerful skater as well. I wouldn't take him in the top 5, but after that I think he's fair game
21 juin 2020 à 11 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: SlickWilly
He already does have a pretty strong shot that is called "elite" by some, and he's described by some scouting reports as a powerful skater as well. I wouldn't take him in the top 5, but after that I think he's fair game

After multiple viewings of Lundell I don't think he is a powerful skater. His top speed is fine but his stride is so inefficient, takes him a while to get to top speed and his edges are very poor. With some work he could be better but right now I have his skating at average or even below average. His shot is good, somewhat underrated IMO but not elite. The hockey sense is the selling point for Lundell (its incredible in his own zone) but outside of that and his shot I think he's a very average prospect.. I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken in the top 10 but personally I wouldn't. Just my opinion on him
21 juin 2020 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: jassan28

The concerning thing about Lundell to me is that he doesn't translate his incredible hockey sense into the offensive zone. If he could do that then I think he has a ton of potential, but right now I think a worse Danault is his ceiling
21 juin 2020 à 14 h 54
GoCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 532
Quoting: TanSor
The concerning thing about Lundell to me is that he doesn't translate his incredible hockey sense into the offensive zone. If he could do that then I think he has a ton of potential, but right now I think a worse Danault is his ceiling

True, sometimes I think Lundell could be a very elite defenceman if he went that route with his size and maturity in his own zone.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2020 à 17 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 865
Quoting: TanSor

I see his ceiling as a better Danault. He stands out to me as a Patrice Bergeron type player who GMs will be sorry they passed on.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage