SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Mock Prediction

2020 Mock Prediction

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: A_K
Publié: 16 juin 2020 à 11 h 20
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Immediately the 2nd best player in Detroit's organization; will be able to drive his own line and give Larkin some help right away.
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Home run prospect; I hope he goes to Europe to play another season before coming to the NHL
3Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-OTT gets a gem of a playmaker and gives him another year in the SHL to develop
4Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseThey can't resist the smooth-skating d-man and jump on him at 4
5Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Another beauty prospect drops to 5oa to the Kings
6Logo de Devils du New Jersey-NJ can't resist the wing with the big shot to support their young centermen
7Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-BUF jumps to take a promising d-man but probably a pick that they regret in the future, considering the board
8Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Habs take a guy that would easily go top-5 in most drafts
9Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-CHI happy to take Perfetti after mulling over the decision between Lundell and Askarov
10Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaNJ surprises with this pick, but it has a good chance to work out well for them
11Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Good fit as a responsible center for a team looking to replace Koivu
12Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-VAN happy to take a guy from the Dub
13Logo de Predators de Nashville-Nashville takes a stab at a promising offensive forward
14Logo de Panthers de la Floride-NOT FLA: I think this is the point where a team moves up to take Askarov. Let's call it OTT from #18 up to #14.
15Logo de Flames de Calgary-Torn between Jarvis and Holloway, they go with the Badger
16Logo de Rangers de New York-Rangers take another high-upside European player and don't look back
17Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-WPG thrilled to land Jarvis who they probably have a lot higher than 17 on their board
18Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkFLA PICK (trade from 14): big, powerful defenseman whose development they will likely botch given their recent track record :/
19Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Things are wide open now, and CBJ takes the sniper with NHL bloodlines to develop into a future top6 center
20Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoFeels like a Hurricanes pick to me, but they have a lot of good value options here
21Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineRangers aren't shy about grabbing underrated Russian talent
22Logo de Stars de Dallas-DAL goes with a d-man and opts for the Swede, size medium
23Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Oilers win big here, they're ecstatic to get their guy
24Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Same scout that pushed for Brannstrom to VGK now convinces them to grab Andrae
25Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghWild take another center, this one with a little more flash in his playmaking
26Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Flyers already have a good mix of prospects so they go with a guy with big upside and some work to do to get there
27Logo de Capitals de Washington-Some teams may have Peterka before Reichel on their boards, but WSH believes they get it right
28Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa Baygood option late in the first round - guy with an NHL shot and some work to do on his skating
29Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-crafty player that the Avs are happy to grab even if he needs an extra few years of NCAA seasoning
30Logo de Blues de St-Louis-They miss out on Reichel so they take a guy that they've seen plenty of from watching Alexandrov in the Q last year.
31Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonDucks get a kid that is already proving his worth in Liiga but is going to take some time to develop
16 juin 2020 à 11 h 21
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Not my personal rankings, just a mock of how things might go. Let me know what you think - who come out as winners/losers, who your team may have interest in, etc.
16 juin 2020 à 11 h 33
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,179
If Winnipeg is able to land the hometown kid Seth Jarvis, I would be pumped!
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 11 h 44
burn the pegulas
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,293
if buffalo selects sanderson i’m going to burn my season tickets mark my words
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 11 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: chloewoj

I hope they know better than to take him at 7 lol. Look at all those beauties still otb...
16 juin 2020 à 12 h 11
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,322
Quoting: chloewoj

Quoting: A_K
I hope they know better than to take him at 7 lol. Look at all those beauties still otb...

I think Sanderson gets picked in the top 10 personally but I also think he is being overlooked. Buffalo to have Dahlin on the 1st line and Sanderson on the 2nd line is set on the left for many years. Sanderson IMO is going to be a really solid #3 defender.
16 juin 2020 à 12 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: ChiHawk
I think Sanderson gets picked in the top 10 personally but I also think he is being overlooked. Buffalo to have Dahlin on the 1st line and Sanderson on the 2nd line is set on the left for many years. Sanderson IMO is going to be a really solid #3 defender.

Sanderson has a ton of qualities to like - the skating, the IQ, the gap/stick defending the rush and 1-on-1. Just not sure if the overall skill is high enough to take him over some of these other guys. Then again, I'm not a scout, maybe there is enough upside in his offensive game to justify going top-10. Either way, if I'm picking at #7, I'm taking a guy like Rossi or Perfetti over Sanderson. You said yourself that Sanderson is gonna be a good #3 d-man; those forwards still otb have top-line upside and (by the nature of being forwards) less projection in their development IMO.
16 juin 2020 à 12 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,322
Sanderson has a ton of qualities to like - the skating, the IQ, the gap/stick defending the rush and 1-on-1. Just not sure if the overall skill is high enough to take him over some of these other guys. Then again, I'm not a scout, maybe there is enough upside in his offensive game to justify going top-10. Either way, if I'm picking at #7, I'm taking a guy like Rossi or Perfetti over Sanderson. You said yourself that Sanderson is gonna be a good #3 d-man; those forwards still otb have top-line upside and (by the nature of being forwards) less projection in their development IMO.

Very true, but not sold on Rossi or Perfetti being top line. I think they are more 2nd line roles or even 3rd line roles, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that as a lot of teams these days are running 3 lines with more even ice time then in the past. I think if you're looking to anchor your 2nd line defense, Sanderson is an awesome option with potential for 1st line. If the Hawks had a 1st line LHD prospect (we have a couple 2nd line and a few 3rd liners) I would take Sanderson in a heartbeat and move one of out other prospects.
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 14 h 58
Mentions "j'aime": 301

Quoting: ChiHawk

For me, Sanderson wil be the first NJ pick or a Californian team pick. He's not gonna be drafted by Buffalo.
16 juin 2020 à 15 h 48
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Habs take Perfetti, since he plays the wing (also I like him more).
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 16 h 10
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Stick taps for Amirov top 10
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 16 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Ottawa won't pass up Stutzle. Pretty sure I heard they are high on him. They also already said they are drafting the best player available.

Also I'm wondering if Detroit gets 1st overall would they take Stutzle over Laf. It would be pretty nuts to do that but you never know with Yzerman. If he loves a player he doesn't care.
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 19 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,530
Can't see any situation where Ottawa passes on either of Stutzle or Rossi for Drysdale. They already have a really solid young d-core and don't need another PPQ over a 1C.

Buffalo's not selecting a defense, they have like 12 already. Their issues are forward depth
Leemer a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 21 h 59
Fan of the OHL
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Can't see any situation where Ottawa passes on either of Stutzle or Rossi for Drysdale. They already have a really solid young d-core and don't need another PPQ over a 1C.

Buffalo's not selecting a defense, they have like 12 already. Their issues are forward depth

I would have disagreed with you with Botterill having a strong preference for USA players but now that he is fired - I believe that buffalo takes a forward to build upon depth of Eichel and mittelstadt and Cozens
Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2020 à 23 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Wild already have their Koivu replacement with Eriksson Ek. I don't like Lundell at 11 but I can see him being the pick. I'm hoping for Mercer unless Rossi falls
A_K a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2020 à 8 h 28
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Modifié 17 juin 2020 à 8 h 55. Raison: typo
Finally a ranking with some risers/fallers. Nobody would've predicted for Detroit to take Seider but here we are today, your mock has more chances to be accurate than any other mock following the rankings and pampering it with team needs.
A_K a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage