Équipe: 2020-21 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 5 juin 2020
Publié: 5 juin 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
2020 NHL Draft

1-7- Marco Rossi C, Ottawa 67's
2-38- Yan Kuznetsov, LHD, U Conn

- Buffalo bolsters center ice further with Rossi, and adds one of the top defensive defenseman in the class with Kuznetsov. With M.Samuelsson, Ryan Johnson, and Kunetsov, Buffalo bodes a strong blueline of the future.

Buffalo holds on to Ristolainen for the 2020-21 season in an attempt to get his value up and potentially move him at the 2021 deadline. He did improve under Ralph Kreuger, and hopefully can improve further. IF he does not move at the 2021 deadline, then he could be used as bait in the expansion draft to prevent Seattle from selecting one of the Sabres defenseman such as Jokiharju, Miller, Montour, or Dahlin.

UFA's

Haula- can play center or both wings. Injuries will be a concern
Khubodin- one of the top backups in the league for years
Nosek- is a better penalty killer than Larsson, and a better faceoff man. He will also be cheaper
Boyle- Sabres pursued him last year, could do it again to provide leadership and toughness
Simmonds- returns on a reduced contract for a one year deal
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
1975 000 $
1875 000 $
1900 000 $
32 900 000 $
11 200 000 $
24 150 000 $
1975 000 $
44 700 000 $
76 700 000 $
2975 000 $
22 600 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2875 000 $
12 000 000 $
1800 000 $
34 500 000 $
23 400 000 $
21 500 000 $
11 500 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Rossi, Marco
3925 000 $
Transactions
BUF
  1. Zacha, Pavel
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (BOS)
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
Buffalo acquires a middle six forward with a floor and potential for some further improvement and penalty killing ability
NJD
  1. McCabe, Jake
  2. Mittelstadt, Casey
Détails additionnels:
NJ takes a chance on Mittelstadt's higher ceiling and acquires a veteran defenseman who is capable of playing second pair minutes
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BOS
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de DAL
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
3181 500 000 $90 588 333 $1 487 500 $4 337 500 $-9 088 333 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 6
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
4 700 000 $4 700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
6 700 000 $6 700 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 3
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
845 000 $845 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
Rossi, Marco
925 000 $925 000 $
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG
UFA
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
975 000 $975 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 3
864 166 $864 166 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DD
RFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
889 166 $889 166 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
D
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 juin 2020 à 23 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
That's real early for Kuznetsov, I quite like him, but that's like a round earlier before I'd start looking at picking him (also Rossi at 7 would make you win the draft, like no matter what else happens)
5 juin 2020 à 23 h 24
CGY
Rejoint: déc. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,064
Don't know if you can expect a .930 Khudobin playing behind that Buffalo team, much different system than Dallas plays
6 juin 2020 à 0 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
After what he said in that interview I just cant see Ristolinen staying. He basiclaly threw the team under the buss indirectly and no GM wants that.
6 juin 2020 à 4 h 31
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,985
Quoting: aadoyle
After what he said in that interview I just cant see Ristolinen staying. He basiclaly threw the team under the buss indirectly and no GM wants that.

I am not so sure he wasn't saying anything differently than Eichel. Only difference I noticed was he wasn't as pissed off about it.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2020 à 5 h 19
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Good choices; great post.

You may get a shot at a better LhD in the second round. I've seen guys like Poirier and even Guhle falling in quite a few mock drafts lately.
6 juin 2020 à 10 h 41
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
I like your optimism of getting Rossi. The future would be even brighter with him.

What is this fascination with Zacha? Not only you but other posts as well.
At 21 years old he had 51 pts in 140 NHL games for .364pt/gm
At 21 Mittelstadt has 39 pts in 114 NHL games for .342pt/gm, and I have to give up McCabe for double the cap hit of Mittelstadt.
The Sabres have Olofsson, Reinhart, Eichel and Skinner carved in stone as top 6 forwards. Zacha is not even close to their capabilities.
Zacha has the talents of a good 3rd line center which Johansson could do very well and we would not have to give up on our hardest hitting LHD and a still developing prospect.
IMO we will see a Right handed forward added to the team either through a trade or free agency, and one of Kahun, Cozens, Thompson or Mittelstadt will be the sixth.
6 juin 2020 à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Go Cavs
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 578
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
I like your optimism of getting Rossi. The future would be even brighter with him.

What is this fascination with Zacha? Not only you but other posts as well.
At 21 years old he had 51 pts in 140 NHL games for .364pt/gm
At 21 Mittelstadt has 39 pts in 114 NHL games for .342pt/gm, and I have to give up McCabe for double the cap hit of Mittelstadt.
The Sabres have Olofsson, Reinhart, Eichel and Skinner carved in stone as top 6 forwards. Zacha is not even close to their capabilities.
Zacha has the talents of a good 3rd line center which Johansson could do very well and we would not have to give up on our hardest hitting LHD and a still developing prospect.
IMO we will see a Right handed forward added to the team either through a trade or free agency, and one of Kahun, Cozens, Thompson or Mittelstadt will be the sixth.

So the fascination with Zacha for me is, he brings a lot to the Sabres that team currently lacks. I mean I agree with you in the sense that he's not an elite player, and may never be a guy who gets you >60 points. But he brings a lot of traits to the table the Sabres lack, and he's also still relatively young. I really feel the Sabres can use another really good two-way forward in the lineup, someone with the potential to be a solid middle six shut down center someday, and they could also use more size up front. The other thing is that he's a good penalty killer, and the Sabres don't have enough of them and Zacha was one of the key penalty killing forwards on a top 7 penalty killing unit in the league

Zacha has also slowly improved offensively in each of the past three seasons. This past season he was on pace for a 40 pt season. I'd say right now, Zacha has shown his floor is probably a 30-40 point third line center with a lower ceiling of 50 point middle six center with decent defensive abilities. Whereas with Mittelstadt, right now he is boom or bust, he's got to make back to the NHL and he needs to get his body and mind reconditioned for the NHL. And with Dylan Cozens likely to get every shot to make the NHL next year, and with the addition of a guy like Rossi, and with added pressure on the organization to get immediate help for Jack Eichel, Mittelstadt may not be able to provide that fast enough,and he will have a tougher path back to the NHL, while Zacha we know can at least fill a swiss army knife role on the team, help the penalty kill, play a shutdown role if needed, and center the 2nd, or more likely third line.

The hope for Zacha in acquiring him though is that he develops into one of the top two-way forwards in the game, and a guy who can get you 50 points.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2020 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Go Cavs
Quoting: swinny
I am not so sure he wasn't saying anything differently than Eichel. Only difference I noticed was he wasn't as pissed off about it.

Quoting: aadoyle

I think the big issue with Ristolainen is that Jason Botterill has to get a good return for him in a trade, or move him in a transaction that make sense. You have to find a team that is in need of a right handed, powerplay quarterback who can get you 40 points from the back end but may not provide you with the stout defense you need, meaning you'll have to shelter him. This team is likely going to be a contending team for sure, and the Sabres will probably need to retain salary to max his value.

Plus we know Botterill is likely gonna want a top six forward in return, particularly a top 6 center.....or a first round pick.....he's likely not going to get that top 6 forward, otherwise he'd be gone by now.....maybe you get a first from a team dumb enough to part with one, but the right team needs to be there.

Risto's real value is likely a pair of seconds, a prospect with middle six NHL upside, and a roster player.....and if that is the return, people will rip Botterill, who has more pressure on him to not screw up because of the O'Reilly deal.

Right now, I don't see that trade partner out there.

On the flip side, Ristolainen did improve under Kreuger, so I'd say, unless a big offer comes along.....hope he continues to improve, maybe move him at the deadline, or save him for the expansion draft.
6 juin 2020 à 13 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,985
Quoting: DickFoligno
I think the big issue with Ristolainen is that Jason Botterill has to get a good return for him in a trade, or move him in a transaction that make sense. You have to find a team that is in need of a right handed, powerplay quarterback who can get you 40 points from the back end but may not provide you with the stout defense you need, meaning you'll have to shelter him. This team is likely going to be a contending team for sure, and the Sabres will probably need to retain salary to max his value.

Plus we know Botterill is likely gonna want a top six forward in return, particularly a top 6 center.....or a first round pick.....he's likely not going to get that top 6 forward, otherwise he'd be gone by now.....maybe you get a first from a team dumb enough to part with one, but the right team needs to be there.

Risto's real value is likely a pair of seconds, a prospect with middle six NHL upside, and a roster player.....and if that is the return, people will rip Botterill, who has more pressure on him to not screw up because of the O'Reilly deal.

Right now, I don't see that trade partner out there.

On the flip side, Ristolainen did improve under Kreuger, so I'd say, unless a big offer comes along.....hope he continues to improve, maybe move him at the deadline, or save him for the expansion draft.

He is still only 25, and his contract under normal circumstances is very reasonable.... But it's hard to disagree with what you are saying. I really don't see a trade partner who could take that contract on while being able to have the appropriate return.

Conversely, not many here will take away from Risto's offensive game. Special teams really matter to win games. Dahlin and Risto manning PP units is a luxury they have at the moment.

So, for my money, I would be thinking it's Montour getting dealt. RFA meaning contract control, should see a reasonable long term contract, and still rather young by NHL defenseman stadards..... He should net a similar return as Risto.
6 juin 2020 à 13 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Go Cavs
Quoting: ItWasIn
Don't know if you can expect a .930 Khudobin playing behind that Buffalo team, much different system than Dallas plays

No it wont be a .930 Khubodin for sure, but Kreuger's system is more tighter defensively than his predecesor Housley. If they get more players with some two-way ability, and improve the penalty kill, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Sabres be a top 15 defensive team in the league next year.

They need to upgrade badly over Hutton who cost them games last year, it's gonna be tough to do better than Khubodin and it would be a nice tandem with Ullmark.
6 juin 2020 à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Go Cavs
Quoting: swinny
He is still only 25, and his contract under normal circumstances is very reasonable.... But it's hard to disagree with what you are saying. I really don't see a trade partner who could take that contract on while being able to have the appropriate return.

Conversely, not many here will take away from Risto's offensive game. Special teams really matter to win games. Dahlin and Risto manning PP units is a luxury they have at the moment.

So, for my money, I would be thinking it's Montour getting dealt. RFA meaning contract control, should see a reasonable long term contract, and still rather young by NHL defenseman stadards..... He should net a similar return as Risto.

If you want to have a complete team that contends, yes Special teams do matter, and we were dead last in the league on the penalty kill. The PK cost us games last year and PP hasn't been so hot either of late. We had a great unit under Bylsma in his last year three years ago, and since then we've been average at best, alot of which because we lack the forward depth, we don't really have a good second unit, and we are desperate for an effective front net presence. But we need to improve in both, especially the penalty kill which nose dived from 12th to 30th.
gretzkyghosts et swinny a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2020 à 13 h 44
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
Quoting: DickFoligno
So the fascination with Zacha for me is, he brings a lot to the Sabres that team currently lacks. I mean I agree with you in the sense that he's not an elite player, and may never be a guy who gets you >60 points. But he brings a lot of traits to the table the Sabres lack, and he's also still relatively young. I really feel the Sabres can use another really good two-way forward in the lineup, someone with the potential to be a solid middle six shut down center someday, and they could also use more size up front. The other thing is that he's a good penalty killer, and the Sabres don't have enough of them and Zacha was one of the key penalty killing forwards on a top 7 penalty killing unit in the league

Zacha has also slowly improved offensively in each of the past three seasons. This past season he was on pace for a 40 pt season. I'd say right now, Zacha has shown his floor is probably a 30-40 point third line center with a lower ceiling of 50 point middle six center with decent defensive abilities. Whereas with Mittelstadt, right now he is boom or bust, he's got to make back to the NHL and he needs to get his body and mind reconditioned for the NHL. And with Dylan Cozens likely to get every shot to make the NHL next year, and with the addition of a guy like Rossi, and with added pressure on the organization to get immediate help for Jack Eichel, Mittelstadt may not be able to provide that fast enough,and he will have a tougher path back to the NHL, while Zacha we know can at least fill a swiss army knife role on the team, help the penalty kill, play a shutdown role if needed, and center the 2nd, or more likely third line.

The hope for Zacha in acquiring him though is that he develops into one of the top two-way forwards in the game, and a guy who can get you 50 points.

Thank you very much for your great reply.
I normally get, "Well you are too stupid too understand so I am not going to waste my time."
I agree the PK needs help and I am at a loss why they did as poorly as they did. Maybe Zacha is the answer/

I know I am in the minority here but Buffalo is really close to being a cup contender. Go ahead and laugh.
Only 8 teams gave up fewer 5 on 5 goals than Buffalo and all of them had much better goal tenders than Buffalo:
Boston Bruins - Tuukka Rask
Dallas Stars - Anton Khudobin or Ben Bishop
Colorado Avalanche - Pavel Francouz or Philipp Grubauer
St. Louis Blues - Jordan Binnington
Tampa Bay Lightning - Andrei Vasilevskiy
Columbus Blue Jackets - Joonas Korpisalo
Arizona Coyotes - Darcy Kuemper or Adin Hill or Antti Raanta
New York Islanders - Semyon Varlamov or Thomas Greiss
IMO our defense is strong and only going to get stronger.

Who could have predicted Hutton would totally collapse.

Buffalo needs to add one more top six Right handed forward, improve the PK and GK.
I am not a great hockey mind, but let's give Sam two good wingers and put him at center.
He is a great passer and has demonstrated that skill the past few years.
So here is my line up:
Olofsson - Eichel - Kahun/Cozens/Mittelstadt/Thompson
Skinner - Reinhart - Hoffman/Dadonov
One of the top 4 RW candidates - Johansson - One of the top 4 RW candidates
Girgensons - Larsson - Lazar/Okposo
Jack can make anyone score, give Sam some wingers and he will get you 60 pts.
while 60 pts may not seem a lot only 66 forwards had more pts than that in 2018-'19. Three forwards on each top line 31 teams 93 top line forwards,

Here is another good laugh. I moved Johansson and Miller to cap space, the took on Lundqvist's cap hit with first.
You will be greatly amused because I traded for Zacha in which I gave up a pick with Miller.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage