SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Nylander for Suzuki-Kotkaniemi

Créé par: JohnnyCanucklehead
Publié: 4 juin 2020 à 16 h 18
Plafond salarial: 84 000 000 $
Journées à la saison: 186/186 (100%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Suzuki, NickExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalLNH-863 333 $111---0000--
Kotkaniemi, JesperiExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalMineures-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Canadiens de MontréalMTL)---010------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Nylander, WilliamMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-6 962 366 $111---0000--
Bracco, JeremyExempté du ballottageMaple Leafs de TorontoMineures-0 $011---0000--
Liljegren, TimothyExempté du ballottageMaple Leafs de TorontoMineures-0 $011---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial8 681 191 $214561124
Variation-6 099 033 $0110-10
Final2 582 158 $ (↓)2146 (↑)62 (↑)11 (↓)4000

Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoMaple Leafs de Toronto

La transaction a eu lieu alors que la LTIR est utilisée
Allègement provenant de la liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR): 14 875 000 $
Portion de la LTIR utilisée avant la transaction: 14 782 706 $
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Nylander, WilliamMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-6 962 366 $111---0000--
Bracco, JeremyExempté du ballottageMaple Leafs de TorontoMineures-0 $011---0000--
Liljegren, TimothyExempté du ballottageMaple Leafs de TorontoMineures-0 $011---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Suzuki, NickExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalLNH-863 333 $111---0000--
Kotkaniemi, JesperiExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalMineures-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Canadiens de MontréalMTL)---010------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial92 294 $234864124
Variation6 099 033 $0-1-1010
Final6 191 327 $ (↑)2347 (↓)63 (↓)13 (↑)4000
4 juin 2020 à 16 h 43
Fanboys make bad Gms
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,084
This isn't remotely close. Bracco and the 3rd are basically nothing and Liljegren is very close to Suzuki so it's basically a guy who can score 100 points under term for 7 mil for a struggling Kotkaniemi and the smallish difference between Liljegren and Suzuki. Tor asks for something like Mete and your 1st this year.
KeepUps15 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2020 à 16 h 52
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Please leave.
math731, GMs, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2020 à 17 h 10
Zuke is the goat
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,571
Quoting: reelkena
This isn't remotely close. Bracco and the 3rd are basically nothing and Liljegren is very close to Suzuki so it's basically a guy who can score 100 points under term for 7 mil for a struggling Kotkaniemi and the smallish difference between Liljegren and Suzuki. Tor asks for something like Mete and your 1st this year.

Lol. Homer
GMs et HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2020 à 17 h 15
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: math731
Lol. Homer

Not a leafs fan. You're a habs fan.... Lol Homer.
4 juin 2020 à 17 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 317
Close but I'll try this one just for you: Sandin, Liljegren and a 3rd vs Drouin, Fleury and Alex Alain, What do you think??
4 juin 2020 à 17 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Hi Reelkena... thanks for the input... wish you were the Canadiens GM!!!! smile Our other friend Kotkaniemi15 doesn't seem to agree with you! Suzuki & Kotkaniemi are 20 & under with significant upside, especially winging alongside Matthews or Tavares (I believe Nylander has more to offer too, but he's played alongside Matthews & Tavares & hasn't come close to 100 points yet... but maybe in the future!) & I saw a clip of Kotkaniemi fighting & holding his own, which Nylander will never do. It's not all about scoring goals & the Leafs have plenty of goal scorers already. Plus, the Leafs will have to eventually make the decision to jettison 1 of the Big Contract 4 if they ever hope to build a championship calibre defence with some muscle & physicality - and Pietroangelo, a Toronto born boy, is a UFA this off season... among other quality D-men too. I'd make this trade all day, any day!!!!!
BDIBIT a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2020 à 19 h 33
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Suzuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Liljegren
JohnnyCanucklehead, HabsForEver, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2020 à 22 h 27
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 68
Quoting: JohnnyCanucklehead
Hi Reelkena... thanks for the input... wish you were the Canadiens GM!!!! smile Our other friend Kotkaniemi15 doesn't seem to agree with you! Suzuki & Kotkaniemi are 20 & under with significant upside, especially winging alongside Matthews or Tavares (I believe Nylander has more to offer too, but he's played alongside Matthews & Tavares & hasn't come close to 100 points yet... but maybe in the future!) & I saw a clip of Kotkaniemi fighting & holding his own, which Nylander will never do. It's not all about scoring goals & the Leafs have plenty of goal scorers already. Plus, the Leafs will have to eventually make the decision to jettison 1 of the Big Contract 4 if they ever hope to build a championship calibre defence with some muscle & physicality - and Pietroangelo, a Toronto born boy, is a UFA this off season... among other quality D-men too. I'd make this trade all day, any day!!!!!

Strongly agree on that quote. Top of that it’s cap hit gane
JohnnyCanucklehead a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2020 à 23 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 4 juin 2020 à 23 h 33
Quoting: yanp007
Close but I'll try this one just for you: Sandin, Liljegren and a 3rd vs Drouin, Fleury and Alex Alain, What do you think??

Hi yanp007... thanks for thinking my trade idea was close!!! smile in my opinion the Leafs will have to eventually drop 1 of the Big Contract 4 to create the cap space to acquire a defensive stalwart(s).... adding Drouin & his salary, even in a trade for Nylander just doesn't address that; Fleury has some respectable numbers, but I'm not familiar with the rest of his game to know if he's an upgrade on either Sandin or Liljegren; not familiar with Alain at all... he wasn't drafted & his numbers in Laval aren't great (not encouraging signs) & the Leafs already have a number of cusp-NHLers with better numbers on the Marlies... is he some kind of physical-defensive wizard? the Leafs could use that....
4 juin 2020 à 23 h 48
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Hi yanp007... thanks for thinking my trade idea was close!!! smile in my opinion the Leafs will have to eventually drop 1 of the Big Contract 4 to create the cap space to acquire a defensive stalwart(s).... adding Drouin & his salary, even in a trade for Nylander just doesn't address that; Fleury has some respectable numbers, but I'm not familiar with the rest of his game to know if he's an upgrade on either Sandin or Liljegren; not familiar with Alain at all... he wasn't drafted & his numbers in Laval aren't great (not encouraging signs) & the Leafs already have a number of cusp-NHLers with better numbers on the Marlies... is he some kind of physical-defensive wizard? the Leafs could use that....

Fleury will be a solid bottom pairing dman who throws hit. Not dirty but he hits hard, really hard
JohnnyCanucklehead et BDIBIT a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2020 à 1 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240

Liljegren is close to Suzuki? You're joking right?

Suzuki is 20 year old that played center and put up 40 points last year. If anything, we are comparing Suzuki to Nylander.

Then it becomes Kotkaniemi and a 3rd for Bracco and Liljegren, which as a Habs fan, I would not do.
GMs, BDIBIT, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2020 à 12 h 6
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: HabsForEver
Liljegren is close to Suzuki? You're joking right?

Suzuki is 20 year old that played center and put up 40 points last year. If anything, we are comparing Suzuki to Nylander.

Then it becomes Kotkaniemi and a 3rd for Bracco and Liljegren, which as a Habs fan, I would not do.

Suzuki to Nylander. I'm gonna be sick.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2020 à 12 h 6
Fanboys make bad Gms

Someone hold my hair.
7 juin 2020 à 12 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 865

We are talking about the Nylander who put up 27 points last year right?
7 juin 2020 à 13 h 55
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
We are talking about the Nylander who put up 27 points last year right?

No, this guy. 68 31 28 59

You must have been confusing him for someone else. Or you think teams go back two years to find blips and then convince the other team to count last year and not this year somehow.
7 juin 2020 à 17 h 19
No, this guy. 68 31 28 59

You must have been confusing him for someone else. Or you think teams go back two years to find blips and then convince the other team to count last year and not this year somehow.

Nylander’s point totals have been 13, 61, 61, 27, and 59.
Suzuki had 41 points this year.
Keep in mind Suzuki is 20 and Nylander is 24.
In addition Nick Suzuki will also be $6,099,033 cheaper than William Nylander until 2022 when he will most likely sign for under $6.9M.
7 juin 2020 à 18 h 4
Fanboys make bad Gms
Nylander’s point totals have been 13, 61, 61, 27, and 59.
Suzuki had 41 points this year.
Keep in mind Suzuki is 20 and Nylander is 24.
In addition Nick Suzuki will also be $6,099,033 cheaper than William Nylander until 2022 when he will most likely sign for under $6.9M.

I guess I have to do this. Okay then

Nylander was on pace for about 80 points.
Suzuki was on pace for under 50

Nylander plays both wings.
Suzuki is listed as a right/center. Toronto is kinda occupied at the center position in their top 6. So Suzuki becomes a third line player on that team and they have to replace Nylander in their top line. (no you cannot reasonably put Suzuki on the top line)

Toronto has struggled with negotiating contracts lately, bringing is Suzuki just so he can ask for more because everyone else got more which is how this works and what put Toronto in this mess in the first place is not good for Dubas. That's not MTL's problem but it's a reason to no deal this.

Nylander's contract is not enough to fix the Freddy and Morgan resigning problems coming. There has to be a bigger player move than Willy so moving Willy hurts the team without getting them to their cap. So he's not the player to move.

Suzuki had more opportunity in MTL which is a team showcasing young talent than in Toronto where chemistry and makeup of that team matters. Suzuki would not excel in this system.

Montreal was a team with a solid plus average across their forwards with two glaring exceptions. Kotkaniemi who was sent down after not producing and being a -11. And Suzuki who was producing but was also a -15. in team + - is a poorly understood stat but you can use it to rate players vs their teammates. Suzuki had 14 PPP which means he had 27 Even strength points and was on the ice for 43 against not counting the + he got for goals he didn't have points in. His ice time was roughly 25% of a game at even strength and excluding PP goals given up he was on the ice for again roughly 30% of the teams even strength goals against. Nylander however was middle of the pack on Toronto and not a big + - gain or liability.

The leafs need to move Marner. They need the 4 million extra that he gives over Nylander. Suzuki is not a priority for Toronto. They have a bunch of players in his range. Johnsson, Mikheyev, Kapanen, all of whom make less than what Suzuki would be trending to make considering he is given PP opportunities to pad his scoring. On a better team I think he's a 40 point guy through a full season and not a guy I would work hard to make a part of my team.

Nylander for 7 mil is a guy I would try to add a decade to his contract as soon as he lets me.

I'm not saying Suzuki is trash but there are so many more intangibles that MTL fans seem to discount. And it's way more MTL fans on here than TOR fans. Makes you guys look weird.

Go Nucks.
7 juin 2020 à 18 h 36
I guess I have to do this. Okay then

Nylander was on pace for about 80 points.
Suzuki was on pace for under 50

Nylander plays both wings.
Suzuki is listed as a right/center. Toronto is kinda occupied at the center position in their top 6. So Suzuki becomes a third line player on that team and they have to replace Nylander in their top line. (no you cannot reasonably put Suzuki on the top line)

Toronto has struggled with negotiating contracts lately, bringing is Suzuki just so he can ask for more because everyone else got more which is how this works and what put Toronto in this mess in the first place is not good for Dubas. That's not MTL's problem but it's a reason to no deal this.

Nylander's contract is not enough to fix the Freddy and Morgan resigning problems coming. There has to be a bigger player move than Willy so moving Willy hurts the team without getting them to their cap. So he's not the player to move.

Suzuki had more opportunity in MTL which is a team showcasing young talent than in Toronto where chemistry and makeup of that team matters. Suzuki would not excel in this system.

Montreal was a team with a solid plus average across their forwards with two glaring exceptions. Kotkaniemi who was sent down after not producing and being a -11. And Suzuki who was producing but was also a -15. in team + - is a poorly understood stat but you can use it to rate players vs their teammates. Suzuki had 14 PPP which means he had 27 Even strength points and was on the ice for 43 against not counting the + he got for goals he didn't have points in. His ice time was roughly 25% of a game at even strength and excluding PP goals given up he was on the ice for again roughly 30% of the teams even strength goals against. Nylander however was middle of the pack on Toronto and not a big + - gain or liability.

The leafs need to move Marner. They need the 4 million extra that he gives over Nylander. Suzuki is not a priority for Toronto. They have a bunch of players in his range. Johnsson, Mikheyev, Kapanen, all of whom make less than what Suzuki would be trending to make considering he is given PP opportunities to pad his scoring. On a better team I think he's a 40 point guy through a full season and not a guy I would work hard to make a part of my team.

Nylander for 7 mil is a guy I would try to add a decade to his contract as soon as he lets me.

I'm not saying Suzuki is trash but there are so many more intangibles that MTL fans seem to discount. And it's way more MTL fans on here than TOR fans. Makes you guys look weird.

Go Nucks.

I will agree the Habs fans on CapFriendly are something else. I feel like Suzuki could definitely play on Toronto's 1st line. He produced much better with good players such as Domi and I think he understands the game at a very high level. But Suzuki is much better suited as a center. Also, I don't think Suzuki is equal to Nylander by any means, I'm just showing what others are trying to point out.

Btw you've got a pretty solid understanding of Toronto's problems for a Canucks fan.
reelkena a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2020 à 18 h 47
Fanboys make bad Gms
I will agree the Habs fans on CapFriendly are something else. I feel like Suzuki could definitely play on Toronto's 1st line. He produced much better with good players such as Domi and I think he understands the game at a very high level. But Suzuki is much better suited as a center. Also, I don't think Suzuki is equal to Nylander by any means, I'm just showing what others are trying to point out.

Btw you've got a pretty solid understanding of Toronto's problems for a Canucks fan.

Thank you. The Leafs are very interesting to study.
8 juin 2020 à 1 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Thank you. The Leafs are very interesting to study.

Hi Reelkena... I appreciate your enthusiasm for this trade posting!! You should be Nylander's agent!!!!! I too believe he'll be a consistent 80 point player (maybe as soon as next year)... maybe I should have suggested trading him to the Canucks!!!!! squinty smile What Canucks players would you offer the Leafs for him???? squinty smile I also want to thank all the Habs fans who chimed in... I learned a little more about your team!!!!! You all made this posting a lot of fun!!!!!
8 juin 2020 à 2 h 13
Fanboys make bad Gms
Hi Reelkena... I appreciate your enthusiasm for this trade posting!! You should be Nylander's agent!!!!! I too believe he'll be a consistent 80 point player (maybe as soon as next year)... maybe I should have suggested trading him to the Canucks!!!!! squinty smile What Canucks players would you offer the Leafs for him???? squinty smile I also want to thank all the Habs fans who chimed in... I learned a little more about your team!!!!! You all made this posting a lot of fun!!!!!

Happy you're enjoying the discussions. I will say in a vacuum I wouldn't be trading for Willy in Van simply because the priority in Van is to move out salary for our current guys and because as I said, I don't think he's the right player to move out of Toronto but I will entertain your question since you asked so nicely.

Tor - Nylander, Kapanen

Van - Boeser, Virtanen, Ferland, 2021 3rd.

Ferland would be staying on LTIR and would be salary relief for Tor assuming that works out. If Toronto doesn't like this offer it's possible to work Kapanen into Johnsson or Kerfoot but Kapanen is who Van would target.

I really think the trade that I posted sending Marner to Anaheim makes more sense for Toronto and allows them to keep Nylander while opening up cap space for Freddy and Reilly.
25 juin 2020 à 0 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Happy you're enjoying the discussions. I will say in a vacuum I wouldn't be trading for Willy in Van simply because the priority in Van is to move out salary for our current guys and because as I said, I don't think he's the right player to move out of Toronto but I will entertain your question since you asked so nicely.

Tor - Nylander, Kapanen
Van - Boeser, Virtanen, Ferland, 2021 3rd.
Ferland would be staying on LTIR and would be salary relief for Tor assuming that works out. If Toronto doesn't like this offer it's possible to work Kapanen into Johnsson or Kerfoot but Kapanen is who Van would target.

I really think the trade that I posted sending Marner to Anaheim makes more sense for Toronto and allows them to keep Nylander while opening up cap space for Freddy and Reilly.

Sorry it took me so long to respond... you know - life! smile

Talent for talent your deal is fair: if I was the Leafs GM, I'd have issue with including the Ferland contract for a 3rd, but Dubas is clearly very high on this year's draft... so he might like that part of the deal; I'm also a little skeptical of Virtanen's contract year, 18 goal, breakout... to this point in their careers, Kapanen has a better pedigree; of course, Nylander for Boeser doesn't free up the cap space for the Leafs to add a top-tier, physical defensive D-man, which is what they really need not another talented, skilled forward like Boeser.

I appreciate the time you took to play along!! smile
reelkena a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2020 à 3 h 38
Fanboys make bad Gms
Sorry it took me so long to respond... you know - life! smile

Talent for talent your deal is fair: if I was the Leafs GM, I'd have issue with including the Ferland contract for a 3rd, but Dubas is clearly very high on this year's draft... so he might like that part of the deal; I'm also a little skeptical of Virtanen's contract year, 18 goal, breakout... to this point in their careers, Kapanen has a better pedigree; of course, Nylander for Boeser doesn't free up the cap space for the Leafs to add a top-tier, physical defensive D-man, which is what they really need not another talented, skilled forward like Boeser.

I appreciate the time you took to play along!! smile

Ferland going on LTIR would save Toronto money so it helps offset this Nylander Boeser discussion but yes, not enough. The problem is, no Nylander deal saves enough which is why I am sure he's not the guy to move.
29 juin 2020 à 15 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 30
I really think the trade that I posted sending Marner to Anaheim makes more sense for Toronto and allows them to keep Nylander while opening up cap space for Freddy and Reilly. from reelkena...

marner trade never should have been part of tor problem .. dumas and the tavares contract were the problem the second it was signed .. i have said that from the minute it was signed.. mathews marner and nylander freddy reilly pietrangelo should be tor big 6 ... tavares make it the big 4 with no room to play with..
28 déc. 2021 à 6 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Please leave.

So, with a little hindsight - would this have been a good trade for the Habs? or was last year's playoff run worth it regardless of the fact that Kotkaniemi is now gone & Suzuki isn't as productive? I'm asking for your honest thoughts & not trying to mock the current Canadiens' season.... knowing the huge salaries S&K got this off season would give me pause, but I'm assuming that the Hurricanes would not have offered Kotkaniemi such a big contract (or any contract) if he'd been a Leaf.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage