UFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
Transactions
COL
  1. Johnson, Tyler
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (TBL)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (TBL)
TBL
    Colorado is one of the only teams that can take on $5m without sending salary back, and while also being a team which TJ would consider waiving his NTC to join.

Trading TJ enables Tampa to keep Cirelli/Sergachev/Cernak, and for helping Tampa out of their predicament Colorado receives a couple of picks.

Note that whilst TJ isn't a negative value player per se, Tampa is essentially trading 2 picks for $5m capspace, which has more value than these picks given that it gives them the ability to keep their RFA's.
    COL
    1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (OTT)
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (CBJ)
    OTT
    1. Jost, Tyson [Droits de RFA]
    COL
    1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (LAK)
    LAK
    1. Zadorov, Nikita [Droits de RFA]
    COL
    1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (FLA)
    FLA
    1. Kamenev, Vladislav [Droits de RFA]
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de COL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de COL
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de COL
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de COL
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de COL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $77 018 095 $0 $5 425 000 $4 481 905 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
    5 571 429 $5 571 429 $
    AG, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    AD
    RFA - 3
    2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    DD
    UFA - 1
    3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 7
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 3
    3 450 000 $3 450 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 5
    What in tarnation
    Rejoint: oct. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
    Nah mate. Can't see TB being in position in which they'd have to pay to move Johnson.

He can be get for cheap, but this ain't it.
    Jdfitz77 a aimé ceci.
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 11
    Rejoint: févr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,760
    Quoting: justaBoss
    Nah mate. Can't see TB being in position in which they'd have to pay to move Johnson.

agreed. the guy has value and they'll find a home for him without adding kickers.
    After they move TJ they'll need to keep making moves to fit those 3 RFA's in
    Jdfitz77 a aimé ceci.
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 20
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,850
    You’re dreaming
    Tampa was in the same situation last year & got a 1st for
    Jt Miller
    Sure, that was an overpayment
    And Tyler Johnson is older & not as good...
    But they aren’t gonna have to PAY to get rid of him
    He’s not a “cap dump”
    Even though last year was a bit of a down year,
    he’s still a proven 20+ goal talent
    So while i doubt they get Jt Miler value for him,
    they’ll still get something “ok”
    My guess would be a “b level” prospect & a pick
    Maybe a conditional 3rd that could become a 2nd
    Something like that
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 41
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,618

Quoting: masterjuddi
    agreed. the guy has value and they'll find a home for him without adding kickers.
    After they move TJ they'll need to keep making moves to fit those 3 RFA's in

Quoting: Jdfitz77
    You’re dreaming
    Jt Miller
    He’s not a “cap dump”
    Something like that

I think you're all underestimating the fact that Johnson has a full NTC. He doesn't have to waive to go anywhere, and there aren't any other contenders who can absorb $5m in capspace without sending any salary back.
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 47
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,850
    Quoting: Richard88
    I think you're all underestimating the fact that Johnson has a full NTC. He doesn't have to waive to go anywhere, and there aren't any other contenders who can absorb $5m in capspace without sending any salary back.

And you’re living in a fantasy world where u think he’s essentially going to be a cap dump
    They don’t HAVE to move him if he’s being difficult about where he’ll waive to
    They’ve got a bunch of “expendable-ish” guys they can move instead

They aren’t gonna have to pay to get rid of anyone
    Maybe Gourde? But that’s it
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 51

I don't think anyone is underestimating the NTC. Guys with NTC's get asked to waive them all the time. IF TJ knows he isn't wanted any longer (or isn't a priority) then I doubt he'd be like "nope...Im staying...good lucky singing those guys." It's part of the business and TJ gets that. Best thing they can do is work out exactly where he wants to go. Maybe its a contender, but lke you said few can take his salary, but maybe he's ok with DET or NJD or MTL...we don't know that.
    stammerman a aimé ceci.
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 54
    What in tarnation

They can also give him a so called ultimatum. Namely, give us some teams you'd like to get traded to or take a one-way ticket to Seattle in 2021.

From what I know, teams like CGY or DAL would easily give a low second for the guy. He's good enough for that.
    3 juin 2020 à 10 h 57
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    And you’re living in a fantasy world where u think he’s essentially going to be a cap dump
    They don’t HAVE to move him if he’s being difficult about where he’ll waive to
    They’ve got a bunch of “expendable-ish” guys they can move instead

They aren’t gonna have to pay to get rid of anyone
    Maybe Gourde? But that’s it

Who are those "expendable-ish guys they can move instead"?

Keep in mind that they need to open up $10-12m in capspace to sign Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak.
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 4
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    I don't think anyone is underestimating the NTC. Guys with NTC's get asked to waive them all the time. IF TJ knows he isn't wanted any longer (or isn't a priority) then I doubt he'd be like "nope...Im staying...good lucky singing those guys." It's part of the business and TJ gets that. Best thing they can do is work out exactly where he wants to go. Maybe its a contender, but lke you said few can take his salary, but maybe he's ok with DET or NJD or MTL...we don't know that.

"Hey Tyler, so as you know we're in a bit of a cap crunch and need to find a way to move someone so that we can give money to other guys. I know you took a pay cut to sign here with a NTC and all, and that your family loves it in Florida and don't want to move in the middle of nationwide health lockdown and riots, but I just got off the phone with Bergevin and he'd really love to have you in Montreal. You might lose 10%+ of your salary to taxes in addition to league escrow, but Bergevin says you'll get 2 minutes more icetime there than you get here in Tampa. If you're really lucky you might also get to play in the playoffs once or twice again before the end of your contract. How does that sound?"
    corson a aimé ceci.
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 8
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    They can also give him a so called ultimatum. Namely, give us some teams you'd like to get traded to or take a one-way ticket to Seattle in 2021.

From what I know, teams like CGY or DAL would easily give a low second for the guy. He's good enough for that.

TJ is from Washington State, I'm sure that would be a fairly easy decision for him.

Option A: Stay on a contender for another year while the crazy nationwide riots and lockdowns blow over, and then move back home to Washington in a year.

or

Option B: Uproot your family in the middle of the craziness to go live in Calgary for the next 4 years.
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 14
    What in tarnation
    TJ is from Washington State, I'm sure that would be a fairly easy decision for him.

Option A: Stay on a contender for another year while the crazy nationwide riots and lockdowns blow over, and then move back home to Washington in a year.

or

Option B: Uproot your family in the middle of the craziness to go live in Calgary for the next 4 years.

In the middle of craziness in Calgary?
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 18
    HabsFan
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 933

It's funny, you state Colorado is the right team as they can take 5M with no problem... and you underpay Graves by 1-2M + you get rid for pick of Zado & Jost & Kamenev(7M Off the book)
    I agree with all the others, TJ is the 3rd on the list to leaves TB... he is part of the dressing room good ones with Stamkos, Hedman, McDo...
    anyway you would need to pay at least 2nd + A-Prospect (not a bluechip) to get him.
    for Gourde you can give a 5th and he is yours... and Killorn should be YOUR target on theLeft side with the same request than TJ: 2nd + A-Prospect.
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 19
    "Hey Tyler, so as you know we're in a bit of a cap crunch and need to find a way to move someone so that we can give money to other guys. I know you took a pay cut to sign here with a NTC and all, and that your family loves it in Florida and don't want to move in the middle of nationwide health lockdown and riots, but I just got off the phone with Bergevin and he'd really love to have you in Montreal. You might lose 10%+ of your salary to taxes in addition to league escrow, but Bergevin says you'll get 2 minutes more icetime there than you get here in Tampa. If you're really lucky you might also get to play in the playoffs once or twice again before the end of your contract. How does that sound?"

that's exactly how it goes
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 20
    HabsFan

or

Or Send him in MTL... we have the $$$ the room for him or Killorn
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 50
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    In the middle of craziness in Calgary?

I was referring to the nationwide lockdowns and riots going on in America (where TJ lives, along with 2 week quarantines in Canada (where he'd move to if he was traded to Calgary).

It's not exactly the ideal time to be selling your house, hiring a moving company, shipping your stuff across the continent, and finding a new house. Not to mention finding new schools, and utility companies while lot's of small businesses are shutting down all over the place. It's just a nightmare, practically speaking. And that's before you even consider trying to make new friends in a new city/country while everyone is huddled up in their homes with face-masks on. If I were him I wouldn't even consider moving anywhere this offseason.
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    Quoting: DomCholette
    It's funny, you state Colorado is the right team as they can take 5M with no problem... and you underpay Graves by 1-2M + you get rid for pick of Zado & Jost & Kamenev(7M Off the book)
    I agree with all the others, TJ is the 3rd on the list to leaves TB... he is part of the dressing room good ones with Stamkos, Hedman, McDo...
    anyway you would need to pay at least 2nd + A-Prospect (not a bluechip) to get him.
    for Gourde you can give a 5th and he is yours... and Killorn should be YOUR target on theLeft side with the same request than TJ: 2nd + A-Prospect.

It's far easier to move players like Zadorov, Jost, and Kamenev who are all cost-controlled RFA's, than it is to move a $5m+ player with 4 year term. As for Graves, he only has less than one year of NHL experience so I don't think he's going to get $3.75m-4.75m that you're suggesting that he should get.

Nobody is going to pay a 2nd + A-prospect for a player who completely controls his destination with a full NTC. If Johnson tells Brisbois that he's only willing to go to a contender in a nice city (eg. Colorado) do you really think Sakic is going to offer a 2nd + Kaut in return? Not happening.

I agree about Killorn being the most obvious target, as he has a decent contract and perfect term (expiring in 2023 when Mackinnon/Byram need extensions). However, I don't think you're going to get a 2nd + A-prospect (eg. Kaut/Bowers) for him when the market will be limited to 15 teams and where only a handful of those teams can acquire his full caphit without sending salary back.

Also keep in mind that it's going to be a buyers market due to the flat cap, so without Tampa's own cap crunch they'd still find it challenging to trade him.
    3 juin 2020 à 11 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    that's exactly how it goes

No it's not.
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 4
    What in tarnation
    I was referring to the nationwide lockdowns and riots going on in America (where TJ lives, along with 2 week quarantines in Canada (where he'd move to if he was traded to Calgary).

It's not exactly the ideal time to be selling your house, hiring a moving company, shipping your stuff across the continent, and finding a new house. Not to mention finding new schools, and utility companies while lot's of small businesses are shutting down all over the place. It's just a nightmare, practically speaking. And that's before you even consider trying to make new friends in a new city/country while everyone is huddled up in their homes with face-masks on. If I were him I wouldn't even consider moving anywhere this offseason.

Obviously the next trades we'll be seeing would be somewhere near November. I'd say the situation regarding all this should be different by then, but this year has been such a f*cking mess I don't know about that.
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 6
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    Obviously the next trades we'll be seeing would be somewhere near November. I'd say the situation regarding all this should be different by then, but this year has been such a f*cking mess I don't know about that.

Even if it's only in November that trades are possible again I think a player would be well-advised to stay put until at least summer 2021.
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 7
    wpg
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,028
    You’re dreaming
    Jt Miller
    He’s not a “cap dump”
    Something like that

Cant call the JT Miller trade an overpayment imo.. feels like Tampa got robbed
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 11
    What in tarnation
    Even if it's only in November that trades are possible again I think a player would be well-advised to stay put until at least summer 2021.

That includes also moving to COL for a bad cost, you know.

I don't see COL being long-term any better option that DAL or CGY if no matter what his destination will be Seattle.

It's not like COL would be protecting the guy, you know...
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 17
    Démarrer sujet
    John 3 16
    That includes also moving to COL for a bad cost, you know.

I don't see COL being long-term any better option that DAL or CGY if no matter what his destination will be Seattle.

It's not like COL would be protecting the guy, you know...

Yeah I agree that moving to Colorado would also be risky given the circumstances.

But at least in Colorado he'd get to play on a contender.

As for protection, of course Colorado would protect Johnson if they acquired him, why wouldn't they? The earliest that I think he may get moved would be in 2023 with 1 year left on his contract due to Mackinnon/Byram's raises.

- Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Burakovsky, Tyler Johnson, + 1 of Compher/Jost/Nichuskin/Donskoi
    - Makar, Graves, Girard (EJ waives)
    - Grubauer
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 20
    HabsFan
    It's far easier to move players like Zadorov, Jost, and Kamenev who are all cost-controlled RFA's, than it is to move a $5m+ player with 4 year term. As for Graves, he only has less than one year of NHL experience so I don't think he's going to get $3.75m-4.75m that you're suggesting that he should get.

Nobody is going to pay a 2nd + A-prospect for a player who completely controls his destination with a full NTC. If Johnson tells Brisbois that he's only willing to go to a contender in a nice city (eg. Colorado) do you really think Sakic is going to offer a 2nd + Kaut in return? Not happening.

I agree about Killorn being the most obvious target, as he has a decent contract and perfect term (expiring in 2023 when Mackinnon/Byram need extensions). However, I don't think you're going to get a 2nd + A-prospect (eg. Kaut/Bowers) for him when the market will be limited to 15 teams and where only a handful of those teams can acquire his full caphit without sending salary back.

Also keep in mind that it's going to be a buyers market due to the flat cap, so without Tampa's own cap crunch they'd still find it challenging to trade him.

MTL would pay easily Evans or Poehling + 2nd for Killorn.
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 23
    No it's not.

man you are passionate about this and Ill admit defeat.
    3 juin 2020 à 12 h 25
    HabsFan
    Quoting: DomCholette
    MTL would pay easily Evans or Poehling + 2nd for Killorn.

Sandheim in Phily did this jump after is first full NHL year he sign a new contract @ 23yo... and Graves is already @ 25y.o.... so no time to wait

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage