SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Idle Question About Unlikely Draft Scenario

Anaheim Trades the 2nd Overall Pick to Ottawa in Exchange for the 4th and 5th Overall Picks
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 mai 2020 à 16 h 52
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,577
The premise is that Anaheim wins the second overall pick lottery and someone not Ottawa wins the third overall lottery, thus bumping Ottawa down to the fourth and fifth overall picks.

The question is, how would the teams approach exchanging the second overall picks for the fourth and fifth overall picks.

I wanted the first two poll questions to read "(x/y) would do this, but (y/x) wouldn't" and vice versa, but they don't give you that many characters to phrase your question.

Just for comparison, would you rather have Jack Eichel, or Mitch Marner and Noah Hanifin? Of course, this year the #2 isn't anywhere close to Jack Eichel. This year, the choice would be Quinton Byfield or Tim Stutzle for Lucas Raymond and Jamie Drysdale (I'm locked in for the Ducks).
30 mai 2020 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Boy, visually, this didn't come off, did it?
30 mai 2020 à 16 h 58
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
In this draft I think 4th + 5th is more valuable than 2nd
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2020 à 16 h 59
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Boy, visually, this didn't come off, did it?

yeah polls arent the most visually appealing part of this website
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2020 à 10 h 56
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
I'd take the two lower picks over the one higher pick, especially if the two picks are still top 5. You can get a very good C/W duo for the future with those two picks. One of those picks will likely be either Stutzle or Drysdale, and then you can grab one of the dynamic, offensive forwards (Holtz, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond) with the other pick; or Askarov if you're feeling risky.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2020 à 16 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
I think this is very dependent on clubs individual draft rankings/player values. If the Sens see the gap between Byfield and those who follow as huge, then they may consider (especially considering their need for a C). Having said that, I would not trade #4 and #5 for #2 if it were up to me. I'm personally not that high on Byfield, and regardless of my opinion, in every draft we see busts or players who don't quite reach their potential. I'd rather have two kicks at the can.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2020 à 17 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I think this is very dependent on clubs individual draft rankings/player values. If the Sens see the gap between Byfield and those who follow as huge, then they may consider (especially considering their need for a C). Having said that, I would not trade #4 and #5 for #2 if it were up to me. I'm personally not that high on Byfield, and regardless of my opinion, in every draft we see busts or players who don't quite reach their potential. I'd rather have two kicks at the can.

My thinking exactly.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage