Forums/Armchair-GM

3-Way Blockbuster ARZ BUF TOR

Créé par: Shanesaw9
Équipe: 2020-21 Coyotes de l'Arizona
Date de création initiale: 28 mai 2020
Publié: 28 mai 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just having some fun with the Eichel drama from today.

Arizona's cap structure did not make this easy.

Summary:
- Buffalo gets a very good package including potentially a top 6 C, a top 4 D, a starting goalie, and a 1st round pick. They can start yet another rebuild with this.

- Eichel gets out of Buffalo.

- TOR gets a different #1C with a longer term contract and it will save them down the road.

- ARZ gets their local star.

I did my best to make this work, it's far from perfect, I just wanted to see how it would play out.

This would probably be easier to do next year when Stepan, Demers, and Hjarmallsons contracts are up (assuming Goligoski gets an extension with performance bonuses?). The cap could also go up by then. Buffalo probably isnt ready to pull the trigger on any Eichels trades and TOR doesn't need to rush a Matthews deal either obviously.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
2950 000 $
1700 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
13 500 000 $
12 000 000 $
Offres hostiles
Le salaire annuel moyen (AAV) de l'offre hostile est calculé en divisant la valeur totale du contrat par: 1. La durée totale du contrat, ou 2. Cinq ans
JOUEURAAVCOMPENSATION
Hudon, Charles700 000 $Aucune compensation
Transactions
ARI
  1. Eichel, Jack
Détails additionnels:
Conditional 2022 2nd Round Pick if Raanta re-signs with BUF
ARI
  1. Matthews, Auston (1 634 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $77 567 367 $196 951 $0 $3 932 633 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
7 150 000 $7 150 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
10 006 250 $10 006 250 $
C
UFA - 4
5 850 000 $5 850 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 6
1 533 333 $1 533 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 800 000 $6 800 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
5 475 000 $5 475 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
3 937 500 $3 937 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 275 000 $5 275 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 mai 2020 à 21 h 27
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Well I mean as a small «f» Leafs fan, if I knew that 34 was going to leave when his deal is up I would make this in a heartbeat
Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2020 à 21 h 29
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
The coyotes are probably the only team interested in this.
KeepUps15 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2020 à 21 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Nah, we keep matthews till the final year of his contract, if he isnt signed before the deadline goodbye. Get value out of him before he leaves.
KeepUps15 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2020 à 21 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
so the leafs get a worse player for 4 years to save 3.2 million dollars over 2 years 5 and 6 years from now?
thats hilarious
28 mai 2020 à 21 h 56
Brace for the Storm
Modifié 28 mai 2020 à 22 h 2
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
so the leafs get a worse player for 4 years to save 3.2 million dollars over 2 years 5 and 6 years from now?
thats hilarious

LOL Eichel is actually as good as Matthews.

And a very good argument could be made to call him better than Matthews

Edit: which is not an argument against Matthews btw both are franchise players
Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 7
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

you can argue lots of things, but that doesnt make it true. Matthews is a significantly better goal scorer and a better 2 way player. And even if Matthews was only slightly better (its more than slight just from the goal scoring angle) , then the leafs retaining salary so the contracts break even it is a bad deal for them. It doesnt save them money now, which is their apparent issue that everyone seems to be going on from now, it doesnt make them better and who the hell knows what the NHL will look like in 5 years so why should the leafs care about an extra 2 years of contract that far out?
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 41
Brace for the Storm
you can argue lots of things, but that doesnt make it true. Matthews is a significantly better goal scorer and a better 2 way player. And even if Matthews was only slightly better (its more than slight just from the goal scoring angle) , then the leafs retaining salary so the contracts break even it is a bad deal for them. It doesnt save them money now, which is their apparent issue that everyone seems to be going on from now, it doesnt make them better and who the hell knows what the NHL will look like in 5 years so why should the leafs care about an extra 2 years of contract that far out?

I like to look at players by how their team would look if you removed them

If you removed Matthews from the Leafs they' d have 7 less wins or so

If you removed Eichel from the Sabres they'd have 15 less wins or so

Eichel has played on a team that scored 195 goals which is slightly below average.
Matthews has played on a team that scored 238 goals

Eichel has had 78 pts
Matthews has had 80 (more goals)

Again, both are elite franchise players that I'd take on my team any day of the week and (good) arguments could be made for either one of them being better than the other
deleted_x_213212 et Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 43
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Can everyone stop with the Eichel is better than Matthews crap? Matthews is better, it’s not even close
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 45
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Saskleaf
Can everyone stop with the Eichel is better than Matthews crap? Matthews is better, it’s not even close

Lol no it's close they're equal

Replace Matthews with PLD and TOR would survive
Replace Eichel with PLD and BUF has only slightly more wins than DET
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 48
Go leafs go
Lol no it's close they're equal

Replace Matthews with PLD and TOR would survive
Replace Eichel with PLD and BUF has only slightly more wins than DET

Matthews is still Toronto’s best player. With out him, were not quite as good. And what does that matter? It has little to do with the players themselves. It’s not Matthews or Eichels fault the Sabres suck
vr1995 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 49
Brace for the Storm
Matthews is still Toronto’s best player. With out him, were not quite as good. And what does that matter? It has little to do with the players themselves. It’s not Matthews or Eichels fault the Sabres suck

Yes he's TOR's best player

Never said it was Eichel's fault the Sabres suck they suck because of the Pegulas and Botterill
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 51
Go leafs go
Yes he's TOR's best player

Never said it was Eichel's fault the Sabres suck they suck because of the Pegulas and Botterill

Ya, but you are using the fact the sabres suck to say Eichel and Matthews are equal.
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 54
Brace for the Storm
Ya, but you are using the fact the sabres suck to say Eichel and Matthews are equal.

Yeah because one of the better ways to evaluate a player's level is how much he means to his team.
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 56
Go leafs go
Yeah because one of the better ways to evaluate a player's level is how much he means to his team.

Well, all the other stats go together to say how much a player means to his team. They mean the same to their teams. To be honest, the Sabres would be fine without Eichel cause it would get them Laflerenie.
28 mai 2020 à 22 h 57
Brace for the Storm
Well, all the other stats go together to say how much a player means to his team. They mean the same to their teams. To be honest, the Sabres would be fine without Eichel cause it would get them Laflerenie.

Who do they put at C LOL?

They'd be MUCH, MUCH worse
28 mai 2020 à 23 h 38
Go leafs go
Who do they put at C LOL?

They'd be MUCH, MUCH worse

Yes, but why is that really bad? They get a solid pick, and get a franchise player again. Of, not saying the sabres should trade Eichel. Just saying being at the bottom of the league has its goods
29 mai 2020 à 11 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Habs 2010
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 930
Quoting: aadoyle
Nah, we keep matthews till the final year of his contract, if he isnt signed before the deadline goodbye. Get value out of him before he leaves.

I mean, you could do that if you want, but the return will be a lot less. If you trade Matthews now or next year you could get a very good return. If you wait until the last year, and the narrative that Matthews wants to go to ARZ is true, then teams know they are trading for a rental. See Vanek who got traded for a 2nd round pick at the deadline because everyone knew he was going to Minnesota. ARZ won't do a sign and trade when they could just wait for him in free agency and get him for nothing. I think IF Matthews is leaving TOR should get ahead of it.

This Eichel trade wouldn't be available to TOR when Matthews has one year left.

thats hilarious

I can't speak to your opinion of Eichel, but there is a strong case for Eichel to win the Hart this year, he is a very good player. Now when you compare contracts Eichel has more value. He makes $1.6M less per year and is locked up two years longer than Matthews.

I'll admit the salary retention of Matthews in this deal isn't realistic, as I said in the description it was hard to get the cap to work for ARZ. My thought process is it's not ARZ fault TOR gave Matthews a crap contract. Like honestly Buffalo got more UFA years of Eichel and he costs less than Matthews. That's backwards for two players who are essentially equal, as @KakkoForMauriceRichardAward has debated.
29 mai 2020 à 13 h 19
Quoting: Shanesaw9
I mean, you could do that if you want, but the return will be a lot less. If you trade Matthews now or next year you could get a very good return. If you wait until the last year, and the narrative that Matthews wants to go to ARZ is true, then teams know they are trading for a rental. See Vanek who got traded for a 2nd round pick at the deadline because everyone knew he was going to Minnesota. ARZ won't do a sign and trade when they could just wait for him in free agency and get him for nothing. I think IF Matthews is leaving TOR should get ahead of it.

I can't speak to your opinion of Eichel, but there is a strong case for Eichel to win the Hart this year, he is a very good player. Now when you compare contracts Eichel has more value. He makes $1.6M less per year and is locked up two years longer than Matthews.

I'll admit the salary retention of Matthews in this deal isn't realistic, as I said in the description it was hard to get the cap to work for ARZ. My thought process is it's not ARZ fault TOR gave Matthews a crap contract. Like honestly Buffalo got more UFA years of Eichel and he costs less than Matthews. That's backwards for two players who are essentially equal, as @KakkoForMauriceRichardAward has debated.

The heart doesn't mean you are the best player. It just means you are more valuable to your team.
Its not Matthews fault that eichels suppoting cast is **** so hes more valuable to his team by default. This is why hall over McDavid was a thing. Hall was never close to as good as mcdavid.
The leafs are still paying the same amount of money for a worse player in this trade simply to get 2 years extra 4 yeara down the road.
The leafs primary window is now, not 4 years from now. This trade doesn't help them even if eichel was as good as matthews (hes not) it would simply be treading water
29 mai 2020 à 13 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: Shanesaw9

and why would we want eichel? If matthews leaves or gets traded by then Dubas could grab good picks or prospects. Also leafs by then will start retooling and wait for Mcdavid to become a UFA as they will have the cap space to sign him.
9 juin 2020 à 10 h 22
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 215
Lol you are trading 2 players that are UFA next year in Stepan and Raanta. And what the hell is this Hudon offer sheet it will get matched they will not give him away for nothin 😅

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage