Forums/NHL

Is price elite?

Is price elite?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 mai 2020 à 22 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,457
A lot of habs fans have been saying that Price is the best goalie in the world just because of a vote. They also say the habs defense is trash. So is he an elite goalie still? We can't argue he wasn't before. Just wanted to hear peoples opinion
21 mai 2020 à 23 h 5
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Price is mostly an elite goalie right now. Like anyone, he isn’t 100% consistent, and he has his off nights. There aren’t really any games in the last while where I’d say he’s been bad, except for whatever reason, in November for the past 2 years.

Montreal is no longer the team they were in 14-15 when Price won the Hart. They have great SAT percentages, and usually outshoot their opponents quite a bit. There haven’t been too many games where Price is able to show how important he is. The amount of games Price has quote unquote “stolen” each season has been lower recently than it has been before, but that’s just due to the habs improving.

At this point I’d say that over the past year or 2, Price has been good for most games, bad very rarely, and amazing a few times.

Is he elite? I couldn’t tell you. “Elite” doesn’t really have any kind of tangible meaning. Is he the best goalie in the NHL? Probably not. Goalies are so hard to differentiate, and a lot of how they play depends on the team around them. All I can say for sure is that Carey is a starting goalie, and that there’s not much that separates a lot of the good goalies in the league.

What I can say is that he is great for the Canadiens, and for them, well worth his contract. Price isn’t going anywhere, so it doesn’t really matter how he stacks up to other goalies, or whether his work is recognized with a Vezina or not.
OldNYIfan, BuFfaLOFaN, Brian2016 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2020 à 23 h 24
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,004
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Price is mostly an elite goalie right now. Like anyone, he isn’t 100% consistent, and he has his off nights. There aren’t really any games in the last while where I’d say he’s been bad, except for whatever reason, in November for the past 2 years.

Montreal is no longer the team they were in 14-15 when Price won the Hart. They have great SAT percentages, and usually outshoot their opponents quite a bit. There haven’t been too many games where Price is able to show how important he is. The amount of games Price has quote unquote “stolen” each season has been lower recently than it has been before, but that’s just due to the habs improving.

At this point I’d say that over the past year or 2, Price has been good for most games, bad very rarely, and amazing a few times.

Is he elite? I couldn’t tell you. “Elite” doesn’t really have any kind of tangible meaning. Is he the best goalie in the NHL? Probably not. Goalies are so hard to differentiate, and a lot of how they play depends on the team around them. All I can say for sure is that Carey is a starting goalie, and that there’s not much that separates a lot of the good goalies in the league.

What I can say is that he is great for the Canadiens, and for them, well worth his contract. Price isn’t going anywhere, so it doesn’t really matter how he stacks up to other goalies, or whether his work is recognized with a Vezina or not.

I can't controvert a single word here. I think you've said it all. Well done.
24 mai 2020 à 10 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: keep_ups12
A lot of habs fans have been saying that Price is the best goalie in the world just because of a vote. They also say the habs defense is trash. So is he an elite goalie still? We can't argue he wasn't before. Just wanted to hear peoples opinion

He had a bad year, and we'll the Habs defense is actually good. The defense and the team being better means Price doesn't have to be as good as he was back in the early 2000's. He is still elite though when he needs to be clutch. Like in the playoffs if they make it in a 24 team set I could see them going off and Price getting a shutout in a couple of the games. He is a concern when it comes to clutch situations, you don't want to face him.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2020 à 10 h 6
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I can't controvert a single word here. I think you've said it all. Well done.

Agree with all of that
OldNYIfan et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2020 à 15 h 41
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,555
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
He had a bad year, and we'll the Habs defense is actually good. The defense and the team being better means Price doesn't have to be as good as he was back in the early 2000's. He is still elite though when he needs to be clutch. Like in the playoffs if they make it in a 24 team set I could see them going off and Price getting a shutout in a couple of the games. He is a concern when it comes to clutch situations, you don't want to face him.

Good defense rn? Lol

Chiarot - Weber (2LD - 1RD)
Kulak - Petry (3LD - 2RD)
Ouellet - Folin (AHL1LD - AHL2RD)
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2020 à 16 h 12
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Good defense rn? Lol

Chiarot - Weber (2LD - 1RD)
Kulak - Petry (3LD - 2RD)
Ouellet - Folin (AHL1LD - AHL2RD)

Ok, correction you have a good defensive team...in one sense, like the Danault line is one of the best this year.
24 mai 2020 à 19 h 14
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,555
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Ok, correction you have a good defensive team...in one sense, like the Danault line is one of the best this year.

ok
25 mai 2020 à 1 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Look at what other players say when polls are done. Price is routinely described as the best Goalie in the NHL by his peers. I don't think there's any question Price is elite. He's on a weak defensive team. Imagine his stats playing behind a BOS or STL defensive structure. He was overpaid, but he's still elite.
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2020 à 1 h 11
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Well said. I agree 100%, I would only quantify your statement by stating that I feel comfortable ranking him among the top Goalies in the league. How many Goalies have been more consistent over the last 5 years when you consider his team and lack of support? What would Bob's numbers look like if he played for the Habs instead of CBJ? What about Bishop? Rask? Who knows!
Kotkaniemi15 et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage