SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 NHL Mock w/ Explanations

2020 NHL Mock w/ Explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Fedoraguy33
Publié: 19 mai 2020 à 23 h 29
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The consensus #1 player. Zero debate on who goes first overall. Ottawa wins the Lafreniere sweepstakes and pick him without thinking twice about it. Too Easy.
2Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I have the Red Wings taking Byfield over Stutzle because of his higher ceiling. He is also the complete package. Byfield combines skill, speed, IQ, vision and power which he uses to his advantage. In my opinion he is the clear 2nd best prospect. Detroit won’t hesitate for a second picking Byfield with their selection.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseOttawa takes German-born Stützle who isn’t such a bad player himself. He uses is incredible skating and great skill set that he possesses to put up good numbers in the DEL. He is a jack of all trades kind of player and can even challenge Byfield for that second selection. Ottawa landing Lafreniere and Stützte would be huge for them.
4Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Raymond is a dynamic winger with scoring ability too. He is a great playmaker with excellent stick handling. He is a fantastic skater with great edge work. Not a big body but makes up for it with his skill set. He projects as a top liner when he reaches the NHL. LA adds him to their already star studded forward prospect pool.
5Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-He is the best defenceman in this loaded forward draft class. Drysdale has the potential to be a first liner in the league as well as being a quarterback on the power play for the Ducks. He has good skating and a high hockey IQ. The Ducks add him to their defensively starved prospect pool.
6Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Hands down the best scorer in this draft. Can score from almost anywhere on the ice. He has excellent hands as well as a high hockey IQ. His skating is decent but is still a good playmaker who helps to create scoring chances. He is considered a poor man’s Patrick Laine. New Jersey is pleases to select this Swedish winger to play alongside Hughes.
7Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Perfetti is an excellent puck handler wither great vision and puck skill. Has great hockey IQ and can make those around him betters as an accomplished player. He isn’t the best skater but Cole makes up for that with his crafty skill set. Standing at 5’11, he isn't the tallest player on the ice but was still able to put up over 100 points in the OHL this pat season. He will be a great 2nd line Centre for Eichel and the Sabres.
8Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal takes the second defensemen in the draft. He is very good defensively with great skating abilities. Jake combines good size with intriguing potential on both ends of the rink. Montreal could go forward here with many available to them but I have them taking a D due to their aging defensive core.
9Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Is undoubtedly the best goaltender this this draft and has the potential to be a future star in the NHL some day. He has great athleticism, size, and puck tracking abilities. Moves well laterally with quickness and is also very strong mentally. Chicago doesn’t have to worry about goaltender issues any longer.
10Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaRossi is good at everything I find. He is a jack of all trades similarly to Stützle. I don’t see any real flaws in his game. Great skating, vision, stick handling, strength with the puck and even a decent defensive game. His lack of size is the one thing that will keep him from being selected higher. New Jersey is overjoyed that he is still on the board for them to select at 10.
11Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Possesses a very good all around game. Nothing stands out immediately. Safe Pick. Saku Koivu Comparison.
12Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-I have the Canucks taking Wallinder in this position as they are in need of talented defensive prospects. While I see Wallinder as one of the better D-men in this draft with his excellent skating, vision, hockey IQ and size, drafting him 12 is a bit too early. I can see the Canucks trading back to acquire him at a later selection - that is if Vancouver is miraculously able to draft in the first round. This would also be a tempting player for New jersey to snag as they own Vancouver's first pick and too need defence.
13Logo de Predators de Nashville-Quinn is goal scorer similarly to that of Holtz. He is also highly intelligent as well as good all around player.
14Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Plays a good two-way game especially in the defensive zone. Plays with great competitiveness and smarts.
15Logo de Flames de Calgary-Smooth skater who plays a smart defensive game. Can move the puck well. Likes to take risks.
16Logo de Rangers de New York-Combination of old-school grittiness and new-school skill, plays a strong two-way game with great visions, speed and a high hockey IQ.
17Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Plays in a similar manner to that of Holloway with his two-way game. His comparison is Bo Horvat.
18Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkOffensive minded D-man with good puck skills. Defensive game is not great but improving. Ottawa can be patient with him as they already have a good defensive prospect pool.
19Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Smart play-creating winger with goal scoring abilities. He also plays a very strong 200ft game
20Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoHigh hockey IQ with its of untaped talent - models game after Matthews and Kucherov.
21Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineStrong skater with good passing skills and a lethal shot. I see him being very underrated with lots of untapped potential.
22Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dominated the OHL with his goal scoring abilities as well as smooth hands and skating.
23Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Small but speedy, creative winger with great hockey IQ. Put up a monster season this year in the WHL. Kailer Yamamoto 2.0?
24Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-A big physical blue liner with good skating qualities with some offensive upside as well.
25Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghThe right-shot center is a good passer, has a good shot and excels in his own end.
26Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Possesses a great overall offensive game but needs to learn to put it all together. His shot is his best quality.
27Logo de Capitals de Washington-Another forward with great goal scoring abilities as he led Sarnia in goals this past season with 39.
28Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayA finisher by nature, but the intelligence and wherewithal to draw opponents and make a nice play.
29Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Offers great hockey sense, compete and playmaking qualities, although his significant injury history makes him unpredictable.
30Logo de Blues de St-Louis-A well-rounded defenseman. He can skate, move the puck well and is hard to defend against. He also possesses leadership qualities.
31Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonA good skater with breakaway speed who plays a strong game at both ends of the rink.
19 mai 2020 à 23 h 43
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
Quinn is the better goal scorer while holtz is the better sniper. Holtz cam rifle it from anywhere but doesn’t like to get his feet dirty which is a problem.
It possible but unlikely the Habs take Sanderson. He can play rd but that’s not smart. Mtl has Romanov,norlinder and Harris on the left. Mtl is in desperate need for some goals.
Perfetti mainly plays the wing and will in the nhl.
Based on this buffalo takes Rossi and the Habs take Perfetti if it’s not Quinn
Kotkaniemi15 et ken_holland a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2020 à 23 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4
I agree, I can see Perfetti being a good fit for them, but would trade down to select Quinn if they wanted him.
I can also see how Rossi might fall due to his height the same way Caufield fell to 15 last year.
Howisjulienstillhere a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 0 h 0
Quoting: Canucks16
I agree, I can see Perfetti being a good fit for them, but would trade down to select Quinn if they wanted him.
I can also see how Rossi might fall due to his height the same way Caufield fell to 15 last year.

I love Quinn because he can score. Problem with trading down is that I read an article saying he might go to Chicago. Rossi is short but after three he becomes the only centre so i think he’ll still be high
20 mai 2020 à 0 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
I love Quinn because he can score. Problem with trading down is that I read an article saying he might go to Chicago. Rossi is short but after three he becomes the only centre so i think he’ll still be high

Interesting. I didn't think Quinn was worthy of a top 10 selection. How good is he? I love Rossi though. I hope he goes to someone in the west so I can watch him play the Canucks haha.
Howisjulienstillhere a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 0 h 8
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
We don’t need LHD, we have Romanov, Mete, Norlinder, Harris, & others as young LHD coming up. I’d go with Rossi or Quinn.
20 mai 2020 à 0 h 17
Interesting. I didn't think Quinn was worthy of a top 10 selection. How good is he? I love Rossi though. I hope he goes to someone in the west so I can watch him play the Canucks haha.

To me he’s the best goal scorer. 52 goals playing without Rossi (and way less supporting talent). He’s got the hands, shot, iq, good speed and the willingness to go to the dirty areas. I’m really high on this kid
20 mai 2020 à 0 h 17
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
We don’t need LHD, we have Romanov, Mete, Norlinder, Harris, & others as young LHD coming up. I’d go with Rossi or Quinn.

Another small playmaking c?
20 mai 2020 à 0 h 36
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
With Rossi and Lundell on the board, Chicago won't take Askarov. Chicago doesn't have goal tending issues and that's the reason they traded Lehner. The bottom line is taking a goalie as a first 10 pick is the most risky position to draft so why do it? Another issue is anytime you have a Russian these days, their values move them down a couple notches as there is always the risk of trying to get them over here....Hawks know that too well which is another reason they pass.
20 mai 2020 à 1 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ChiHawk
With Rossi and Lundell on the board, Chicago won't take Askarov. Chicago doesn't have goal tending issues and that's the reason they traded Lehner. The bottom line is taking a goalie as a first 10 pick is the most risky position to draft so why do it? Another issue is anytime you have a Russian these days, their values move them down a couple notches as there is always the risk of trying to get them over here....Hawks know that too well which is another reason they pass.

That's fair. I can see a team like Minnesota picking him. I can also see how Askarov may not be the best fit with Chicago as well. But I definitely think he'll come over and do just fine. Picking a forward would probably be the way to go as there would still be so much talent left on the board. But I wouldn't call an aging Crawford and an unreliable Malcom Subban the answer to success. All I'm saying is that whatever team picks him will have their goalie of the future without question.
20 mai 2020 à 1 h 34
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
That's fair. I can see a team like Minnesota picking him. I can also see how Askarov may not be the best fit with Chicago as well. But I definitely think he'll come over and do just fine. Picking a forward would probably be the way to go as there would still be so much talent left on the board. But I wouldn't call an aging Crawford and an unreliable Malcom Subban the answer to success. All I'm saying is that whatever team picks him will have their goalie of the future without question.

Don't disagree but goalies don't have the same premium as top 6 difference makers and just feel there is too many on the board in the top 9 slots. Subban isn't the backup it will be Delia or Lankinen. Crow will get another year or 2.
20 mai 2020 à 1 h 41
Oilers GM
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 566
I love the explanations and would be stoked to draft Jarvis.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 1 h 41
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,896
Jeremie Poirier isn't even the best draft eligible Dman on his team. I know we talk about poor defensive play of young OFD, but even for a teenager in the QMJHL his defensive play stands out. He's like Jake Gardiner in a game 7, but all the time.
zyyyp a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 9 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Pretty realistic draft for the Wild. I'd hope we take Lapierre over Bourque (assuming we have our choice of both) but I'd be happy with either. Still not sure what to think of Lundell but I could definitely see us taking him.
20 mai 2020 à 21 h 14
Lets go Buffalo
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 81
Rossi better skater and better player than Perfetti Buffalo takes Rossi.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2020 à 22 h 50
Mentions "j'aime": 72
I think Buffalo takes Lundell just beacuse he has a higher floor which means he will very likely be a 2C and Buffalo also wants to make the playoffs ASAP and Lundell is on of the msot NHL Ready players but other than that, pretty good mock
Fedoraguy33 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage