SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Question

15 mai 2020 à 18 h 0
The commissioner
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 105
With there being talk of the AHL possibility reducing teams next year as their revenue is so gate driven and only some AHL teams are owed by NHL teams and only some of those teams are able to support these AHL teams next year as it will be such a financial hit. This raises the question for me what will happen to rebuilding teams that are using the AHL to develop let prospects such as an Ottawa. Could we see an Ottawa trading picks and or prospects to a team like Toronto and in return Ottawa would LOAN players to Toronto so they can play for the Marlies but still be Ottawa’s prospects. In a way renting roster spots (the more roster spots used the better the picks and or prospects payed to the other team). This would stop rebuilding teams prospects for possible losing an entire year of development or being forced to play in the NHL to soon and hurting their development.
18 mai 2020 à 10 h 17
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
It's not uncommon for teams to loan their own AHL players to other AHL clubs in order for them to get more playing time, but not usually on this scale if several teams are indeed unable to play. I don't see teams being forced to trade assets in order to assure a roster spot for their own prospects, however.
18 mai 2020 à 15 h 5
Démarrer sujet
The commissioner
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 105
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
It's not uncommon for teams to loan their own AHL players to other AHL clubs in order for them to get more playing time, but not usually on this scale if several teams are indeed unable to play. I don't see teams being forced to trade assets in order to assure a roster spot for their own prospects, however.

I see that I just cant see a team like the leafs saying sure Ottawa you can’t take up spots and playing time away from my prospects and we will pay for it all and get nothing in return you know. Also just can’t see teams let prospects sit for a whole year. You could say the other team try’s to pay the leafs money for the spots but the leafs just don’t care about money(to a point obviously). It will be interesting to see what happens tho

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage