Forums/Armchair-GM

Everyone wants Weegar and Manson

Créé par: Luh78
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 13 mai 2020
Publié: 13 mai 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Weegar and Manson aren't upgrades worth giving a ton for. If people want to upgrade the RD than it's going to take a bigger trade. The 1 for 1 type of trade like Mitch Marner for Ryan Ellis or Mitch Marner + for Aaron Ekblad type of trade.

I like Marner a lot but his salary is prohibitive given the Leafs already have Tavares and Matthews making what they make. The Leafs should move Marner and take that money and spread it out a little better imo.

Moving Marner could be tough because of his salary but not because he isn't a great player. I think Dallas would be a good trade partner if they'd move Klingberg. Something like Klingberg and Pavelski for Marner. The money is almost the same and addresses issues for both teams. More pieces could always be involved however.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1781 500 000 $76 924 783 $0 $0 $4 575 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,457
Manson isn't an upgrade. Weegar is though IMO
Barilko14 et ForsbergForVezina a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 4
In Pridham we trust
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,969
Disagree.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 613
Weegar is definitely an upgrade and Leafs won’t pay the price needed to get Ekblad (assuming he was ever available)
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 13
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
IMO weefar just gives us a right shot to play with Rielly, and he won’t cost a flrtune
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 19
In Pridham we trust
What do you think the Leafs defence biggest weakness is?
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 19
Dubas isnt a genius
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 681
The reason I am against trading Marner is his contract will only get better and better, where other contracts like Ellis, Panarin, and basically all UFA signings will only get worse. If Marner keeps on improving and growing every year as he has (I write this year off as he was injured and his production got better when Babs got fired) and he becomes a 95, 100, 105(?) pt guy then that would be insane. Also, UFA/RFA signings are only getting more expensive and with a new CBA coming soon I expect Marner's contract will be fine in 2-3 yrs.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 20
CHI NYI
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
The issue with the Weegar trade proposal is that Florida is a cap strapped team with a bad defense, so trading out one of their better defensemen who has a manageable contract doesn't seem like a great idea for them. The same could be said for Anaheim, but at least they're just straight up bad so they might be willing to deal Manson for the right price. But I see no reason why Florida would trade Weegar rn
Luh78 a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 21
Dubas isnt a genius
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 681
Quoting: Barilko14

Coaching and consistency. After Babs was fired Barrie became insane and doubled his production. If Rielly and Muzzin had stayed healthy without Babs that defence would have been great.
Luh78 a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 22
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,995
Yes it's Weegar and Manson this week. Who's it going to be next week?
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
Weegar was better than Ekblad for the majority of the year
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 26
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
The issue with the Weegar trade proposal is that Florida is a cap strapped team with a bad defense, so trading out one of their better defensemen who has a manageable contract doesn't seem like a great idea for them. The same could be said for Anaheim, but at least they're just straight up bad so they might be willing to deal Manson for the right price. But I see no reason why Florida would trade Weegar rn

Two ways to look at that coin though. Dermott plus AJ/Kappy for Weegar+ allows them to get a good cheaper LD, and replace Dadanov/Hoffman with solid cheaper options. Fla still has Ekblad, Stralman, Brown on the roster and Priskie on the way for RHD.

They'd likely prefer to move Stralman, but what do they get in return for him?

Anaheim on the other hand has nothing at RHD beyond Manson. They also have Bob Murray as a GM who I am sure despises the thought of letting his toughest dman go.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 42

Consistency is the biggest issue. If everyone wants size, sign an UFA like Soucy or something even though he is a LD. I'd be open to signing Barrie if it would come at a decent price but I know it won't. That's why trading Marner makes the most sense so that money can be used to get a quality d man and maybe some secondary scoring.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 28
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 93
Hahahahahhahahahha if i could fire u as an Arm Chair gm i would. If Marner was on the trade block every team in the league would be calling Toronto and not only making an offer but call Dubas an idiot. Whats next is buffalo tradin Eichel edmonton trading mcdavid boston trading pastrnak all these players are as valuable to their teams as Marner is to the Leafs. The idea of trading marner is an absolute joke
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 30
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: firezfurx
Coaching and consistency. After Babs was fired Barrie became insane and doubled his production. If Rielly and Muzzin had stayed healthy without Babs that defence would have been great.

I'm wondering what OP thinks the Leafs weakness is, because Ellis and Ekblad are completely different dmen then Klingberg. If Leafs want a Klingberg type, they hold onto Marner and just re-sign Barrie.

Weegar especially would provide a solid defensive dmen option to play with Rielly, and he wouldn't cost us Marner.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,005
Quoting: firezfurx

There is truth to that, but the biggest need is finding a steady partner for Reilly. Two years ago it was Hainsey, who was a great stay at home presence and allowed Reilly to be Reilly. The result was Norris conversation. Last year (injuries clearly being an impact as well), he lacked that presence and we all saw the result.

So yes, Weegar would be a fantastic fit. Young enough to be a long term partner; his transition game is fantastic and he is strong in his own end. The price tag on acquiring him though is going to be steeper than people think.

Given the Leafs cap constraints, I really think it's going to be Holl; and I have little issue with that. My biggest concern is whether he can handle the minutes - but his ability is there.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 33
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: Luh78
Consistency is the biggest issue. If everyone wants size, sign an UFA like Soucy or something even though he is a LD. I'd be open to signing Barrie if it would come at a decent price but I know it won't. That's why trading Marner makes the most sense so that money can be used to get a quality d man and maybe some secondary scoring.

Weegar isn't the same thing as Manson. He's become a very solid defensive dman that played big minutes last year against tough comp, and did well.

Leafs have a much bigger need for a Weegar then they do for a Barrie/Klingberg with the current makeup of their Dcore.
13 mai 2020 à 11 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,300
Pretty sure this kind of post belongs in the forums smile
13 mai 2020 à 13 h 56
CHI NYI
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
Two ways to look at that coin though. Dermott plus AJ/Kappy for Weegar+ allows them to get a good cheaper LD, and replace Dadanov/Hoffman with solid cheaper options. Fla still has Ekblad, Stralman, Brown on the roster and Priskie on the way for RHD.

They'd likely prefer to move Stralman, but what do they get in return for him?

Anaheim on the other hand has nothing at RHD beyond Manson. They also have Bob Murray as a GM who I am sure despises the thought of letting his toughest dman go.

I think Weegar is better than Dermott and even though Kapanen or Johnsson would be helpful, I don't think its worth it for them at the expense of their 3rd (arguably 2nd) best defenseman. Yandle and Stralman are beginning to regress, Matheson's development seems to have stalled, Pysyk is literally a forward and Brown is probably a 5th defenseman at best. They simply can't afford to move him.

What's interesting about Weegar is that he plays on the left side too. He's played almost exclusively with Ekblad and when he hasn't, he's been with righties Stralman and Pysyk. That's not to say a team like Toronto couldn't play him on the right side, but it just goes to show his importance to the Panthers; he can play on the left side (where they need him more) and plays well there.
13 mai 2020 à 14 h 21
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
I think Weegar is better than Dermott and even though Kapanen or Johnsson would be helpful, I don't think its worth it for them at the expense of their 3rd (arguably 2nd) best defenseman. Yandle and Stralman are beginning to regress, Matheson's development seems to have stalled, Pysyk is literally a forward and Brown is probably a 5th defenseman at best. They simply can't afford to move him.

What's interesting about Weegar is that he plays on the left side too. He's played almost exclusively with Ekblad and when he hasn't, he's been with righties Stralman and Pysyk. That's not to say a team like Toronto couldn't play him on the right side, but it just goes to show his importance to the Panthers; he can play on the left side (where they need him more) and plays well there.

Good insight, and inter divisional rivals likely avoid a trade of this magnitude anyways, but with FLA's setup, and Weegar's style I see why lots of Leafs fans have zero'd in on him. I knew Weegar was playing LD by the end of the year with Ekblad which is pretty rare for RH as it's usually less common for a team to have more RHD than LHD.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage