JEEK

What is JEEK
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 mai 2020 à 20 h 3
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
Just curious what everybody else sees JEEKs ( Joel Eriksson Ek, if you don't know him as JEEK ) ceiling as?

I'm hoping he can take the 2c and run with it, not sure he can increase his offensive production.
I like his game and enjoy seeing the part where who ever he is up against gets frustrated and lashes out.
Part of me wonders if Bruce stunted his growth offensively. I know he was cheated out of a few goals this year, by poor calls or dumb penalties, but still he just hasn't been very offensively dynamic.
On the other hand his defensive game is pretty solid and if Koivu retires JEEK will be the best center defensively on the team.
I'm just wanting to see what everyone else is seeing with him.
15 mai 2020 à 4 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Well he was the 2C for the majority of last season, so I'd say he's surpassed the 3C designation. Heck he was tied for 140th in even strength points for FWDs last year, and that was playing in the shutdown role against other teams' top lines with wings like Foligno or Greenway most of the year. I like Foligno a lot, but he's not a guy to have playing most that 12 mins most nights.

JEE needs to work on his shot, if he can get that to 10% range then he'll be another Koviu (high 2C to me). Selke level defense and 35-40p a year nonspecial teams play. The game seemed to slow down for him (finally) last season.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 13 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
I'm maybe less optimistic about JEE. I see him as an above average 3C but below average 2C. Maybe he grows into an average 2C someday, but I don't think he can drive play the way a 2C should. So I guess I'd call him a 'tweener middle 6 center. That being said I think he's a very valuable player and the type of player you need to win a cup. Added bonus that the other players seem to love him.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 15 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: TanSor
I'm maybe less optimistic about JEE. I see him as an above average 3C but below average 2C. Maybe he grows into an average 2C someday, but I don't think he can drive play the way a 2C should. So I guess I'd call him a 'tweener middle 6 center. That being said I think he's a very valuable player and the type of player you need to win a cup. Added bonus that the other players seem to love him.

I agree he will never drive play, but Koivu didn't either. I'm more with @wabit on this though.
Wild have a couple wings capable of driving a line so I don't think that the center has to drive the line necessarily.
Off point but I kinda see Donato as a guy who drives a line at times, he doesn't do it consistantly and he still does some bone head stuff, but every once in a while he makes you wonder how much better he might get.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 17 h 15
Quoting: Paul13
I agree he will never drive play, but Koivu didn't either. I'm more with @wabit on this though.
Wild have a couple wings capable of driving a line so I don't think that the center has to drive the line necessarily.
Off point but I kinda see Donato as a guy who drives a line at times, he doesn't do it consistantly and he still does some bone head stuff, but every once in a while he makes you wonder how much better he might get.

Donato is so underrated. Scored 14 goals averaging 10:38 minutes per game (!!!). Hope he gets a shot in the top 6 but sadly I don't think it'll happen on the Wild.

We do seem to have an abundance of play-driving wings which is only a good thing for Ek. Maybe he can be propped up in that way but that's not exactly a good thing to say about your 2C...
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 19 h 38
Donato is so underrated. Scored 14 goals averaging 10:38 minutes per game (!!!). Hope he gets a shot in the top 6 but sadly I don't think it'll happen on the Wild.

We do seem to have an abundance of play-driving wings which is only a good thing for Ek. Maybe he can be propped up in that way but that's not exactly a good thing to say about your 2C...

Donato made the most in the role he was given as the 4th line scoring guy. His overall game is very weak though. Put him against better competition and he has a hard time because a mild breeze knocks him off the puck. I do think his game improved as the season went on, but he is a very weak players

JEE doesn't need to be a puck carrying center, he'll be one of the last guys out of the d-zone. It lets the wings and d-men carry the puck in transition. JEE is good on the forecheck and cycle, plus he finds more soft spots in the o-zone that people realize because he can't buy a goal.
OutCold13, TanSor et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 20 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Modifié 15 mai 2020 à 20 h 21. Raison: Also JEEK
Quoting: wabit
Donato made the most in the role he was given as the 4th line scoring guy. His overall game is very weak though. Put him against better competition and he has a hard time because a mild breeze knocks him off the puck. I do think his game improved as the season went on, but he is a very weak players

JEE doesn't need to be a puck carrying center, he'll be one of the last guys out of the d-zone. It lets the wings and d-men carry the puck in transition. JEE is good on the forecheck and cycle, plus he finds more soft spots in the o-zone that people realize because he can't buy a goal.

True about Donato, which is why I don't understand the Wild not sending him to the AHL when they had the chance. His game looked a lot better towards the end of the season though he still was pretty soft with the puck, but better. He is really a player you can tell when his confidence is low or high.

The other problem with JEEKs offense is he is the first one to get dirty along the boards taking away his own shot opportunities but generating for others. So if he were on a line with guys who are better at putting the puck in the net then the Greenways, and Folignos of the world, he would be higher in the point totals.
15 mai 2020 à 20 h 46
True about Donato, which is why I don't understand the Wild not sending him to the AHL when they had the chance. His game looked a lot better towards the end of the season though he still was pretty soft with the puck, but better. He is really a player you can tell when his confidence is low or high.

The other problem with JEEKs offense is he is the first one to get dirty along the boards taking away his own shot opportunities but generating for others. So if he were on a line with guys who are better at putting the puck in the net then the Greenways, and Folignos of the world, he would be higher in the point totals.

This is why I'm really hoping for a Kaprizov/JEE/Kunin line for next year.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 21 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
This is why I'm really hoping for a Kaprizov/JEE/Kunin line for next year.

JEE and Kaprizov or Fiala. I Like your line though. Kunin is another one where I'm not sure what he is, he is reliable defensively and he is suppose to have a high offensive ceiling, but so far he kinda fits the 3rd liner mold. He isn't flashy, so I kinda think we have seen everything he has and like so many other guys he is a middle 6 forward.
15 mai 2020 à 21 h 17
JEE and Kaprizov or Fiala. I Like your line though. Kunin is another one where I'm not sure what he is, he is reliable defensively and he is suppose to have a high offensive ceiling, but so far he kinda fits the 3rd liner mold. He isn't flashy, so I kinda think we have seen everything he has and like so many other guys he is a middle 6 forward.

Kunin is a Parise type of player, not flashy but always in the mix. He'll be a 20-30 goal a year top-6 wing. There is still a slim chance he can be a top-6 center, but I like him better at wing.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 21 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Kunin is a Parise type of player, not flashy but always in the mix. He'll be a 20-30 goal a year top-6 wing. There is still a slim chance he can be a top-6 center, but I like him better at wing.

A poor man's Parise, doesn't have the same drive/ killer instinct and doesn't quite have Parise's hands.
16 mai 2020 à 19 h 39

That's fair about Donato.

I never said JEE had to carry the puck, I just said having your wingers prop him up isn't a great thing to say about your 2C. I'd love to be wrong and see him blossom as a good 2C but from what I saw this year I wasn't convinced he's capable of that.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
17 mai 2020 à 3 h 28
That's fair about Donato.

I never said JEE had to carry the puck, I just said having your wingers prop him up isn't a great thing to say about your 2C. I'd love to be wrong and see him blossom as a good 2C but from what I saw this year I wasn't convinced he's capable of that.

That's basically what the wings are supposed to do for a shutdown type of center. Look at Koivu, ROR, etc. Their wings make the line work in the o-zone much more than they do as a center. Koivu averages what 10g/20a per year 5v5, ROR averages like 12g/23a per year. Or swap Bergeron and Koivu over the past 10 years; Koivu would be the one with all the Selke awards and higher point totals. JEE needs to bring up his s% and he's on the same paces as ROR/Koivu, and is growing into the elite shutdown role.
OutCold13 et TanSor a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2020 à 9 h 34
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,571
Modifié 18 mai 2020 à 15 h 35
Im late to this conversation (thanks Wabit for telling me about these forums).
I’m on the opposite end of the optimistic spectrum from TanSor - i already think JEEK is a bonafide #2 center with a chance of developing into a low end #1. He played all year this (past) season with (current) 3rd line caliber players, no PP time, against the other team’s top line, and still averaged almost 1/2 a point per game. He a very underrated passer and put in the right situation with the right players (I’d play him between Fiala and Kaprizov) he could easily put up 60 points without even seeing the ice on the power play.
I’ll even go this far about how i feel about his game: Unless Boeser can string a bunch of 80 game seasons together, the intelligent Wild fans will stop bemoaning the team taking JEEK over him.
18 mai 2020 à 11 h 6
Quoting: MNBassman
Im late to this conversation (thanks Wabit for telling me about these forums).
I’m on the opposite end of the optimistic spectrum from TanSor - i already think JEEK is a bonafide #2 center with a chance of developing into a low end #1. He played all year this (past) season with (current) 3rd line caliber players, no PP time, against the other team’s top line, and still averaged almost 1/2 a point per game. He a very underrated passer and put in the right situation with the right players (I’d play him between Fiala and Kaprizov) he could easily put up 60 points without even seeing the ice during power played.
I’ll even go this far about how i feel about his game: Unless Boeser can string a bunch of 80 game seasons together, the intelligent Wild fans will stop bemoaning the team taking JEEK over him.

Honestly the Wild forums here have been dead since CF added them a couple of years ago. But then again for a long time it just seemed like there was 2 Wild fans on the site and we talked about all the stuff in teams we'd come up with.

I lurk around CF more than post anymore, although I have been more active since I quit the hfboards. There's like 6 or 7 active Wild fans here; which is nice compared to the just a couple that it used to be. We don't always agree, but it's a good dialog between all of us.
OutCold13, TanSor et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2020 à 11 h 40
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,058
Late to the party here. I saw this when I came to make a different post..

I think Ek's ceiling is Koivu 2.0, which is a solid 2C on a line you can play against any top line without worrying about the other line. I've seen a few non-Wild fans call him a bust because he doesn't put up points (yet), but he's absolutely not a bust and he's on the right track for what they hoped for when they drafted him. If he can add some offense, he'd be a nice complement to a more offense minded top line center.
18 mai 2020 à 15 h 41
MNBassman
I like this group of Wild fans a lot! I dont always agree with you all, but I definitely respect all of your opinions and perspectives.

Back to JEEK...

I’m putting the over/under of JEEK’s highest single season point total at 65. Place your bets.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2020 à 18 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
I like this group of Wild fans a lot! I dont always agree with you all, but I definitely respect all of your opinions and perspectives.

Back to JEEK...

I’m putting the over/under of JEEK’s highest single season point total at 65. Place your bets.

I'll take the over. If he ever ends up on a line with Kaprizov and Fiala he may get that in assists alone.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 9 h 40

Back to JEEK...

It all depends on his s%. If he gets it in the 10% range then he'll get PP time and I'd go with over. If he can't then he won't get PP time and it'll be the under,
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 11 h 36
MNBassman
For the record, I’m taking the over. I think he is just starting to figure out how good he is and can be.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage