Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2088 900 054 $71 926 927 $472 927 $0 $16 973 127 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
13 000 000 $13 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 5
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
AG, C
RFA - 3
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 679 000 $3 679 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
716 667 $716 667 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 mai 2020 à 19 h 41
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 414
$13M for an aging Ovi? Heck no. Also the cap won’t be near that high in 2 years
KeepUps15 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2020 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,457
samsonov at 2mil?
HAHAHAHA
10 mai 2020 à 20 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
OV doesn't sign that.

Let me be clear on this. He wants to break the goal record. AKA he wants the term to do it. No matter if he can still play in those upper years or not. He's going to make it hard for a team to get rid of him. They will have to play him till he gets it.
My guess is 5 years. That's the term he's asking for, and he'll get what he asks for.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2020 à 10 h 46
Typical Caps Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 346
Quoting: pharrow
OV doesn't sign that.

Let me be clear on this. He wants to break the goal record. AKA he wants the term to do it. No matter if he can still play in those upper years or not. He's going to make it hard for a team to get rid of him. They will have to play him till he gets it.
My guess is 5 years. That's the term he's asking for, and he'll get what he asks for.

He better not expect a high AAV then if he wants the team to remain in the cup hunt during those years. While a 39 year old Ovi is still going to be a solid player, he can't carry a team at that age anymore. I wouldn't think. Ovi is just that special he might be able to still, so who knows.
11 mai 2020 à 13 h 26
Banni
Quoting: Kylonetic8
He better not expect a high AAV then if he wants the team to remain in the cup hunt during those years. While a 39 year old Ovi is still going to be a solid player, he can't carry a team at that age anymore. I wouldn't think. Ovi is just that special he might be able to still, so who knows.

he can't carry a team now. He can't skate. He relies on the other guys to do that. He has for years. He's slow.
That's what happens when you want to be a 250lb player who boards guys.
If you watch him frequently you know this. That's why they put him on lines with younger fast physical Wilson who will go get the puck and pass it to him.
He's a sniper that's it. But he'll get whatever he wants. So if you think he's not going to get paid you are kidding yourself. There isn't much worry with decline on OV. I mean **** how much slower can he get?
You can have a good shot till you're atleast 60. He could probably play till he's 45 at long as they don't change the rules somehow that require him to actually move his legs.
11 mai 2020 à 14 h 2
Typical Caps Fan
he can't carry a team now. He can't skate. He relies on the other guys to do that. He has for years. He's slow.
That's what happens when you want to be a 250lb player who boards guys.
If you watch him frequently you know this. That's why they put him on lines with younger fast physical Wilson who will go get the puck and pass it to him.
He's a sniper that's it. But he'll get whatever he wants. So if you think he's not going to get paid you are kidding yourself. There isn't much worry with decline on OV. I mean **** how much slower can he get?
You can have a good shot till you're atleast 60. He could probably play till he's 45 at long as they don't change the rules somehow that require him to actually move his legs.

That's pretty harsh dude. He's not slow straight line. DSP, now THAT was slow. Compared to DSP, Ovi looked fast. His effort is sometimes lacking (Ovi), but I mean the dude is getting older, but if things are on the line, he tends to be the one that goes all out. Just look at the Carolina series last year. Felt like he was the only one out there at times doing anything.

Anyway, as he ages, yes, he'll get more one dimensional. But he's still going to be the best at that niche he does. So he'll have value.

He just can't expect 10+ mill, because he doesn't bring enough to take that much of the cap up. If he expects that, then the Caps overall team will suffer, and they won't be as good as a team. Unless McMichael turns into McDavid 2.0.
11 mai 2020 à 15 h 13
Banni
That's pretty harsh dude. He's not slow straight line. DSP, now THAT was slow. Compared to DSP, Ovi looked fast. His effort is sometimes lacking (Ovi), but I mean the dude is getting older, but if things are on the line, he tends to be the one that goes all out. Just look at the Carolina series last year. Felt like he was the only one out there at times doing anything.

Anyway, as he ages, yes, he'll get more one dimensional. But he's still going to be the best at that niche he does. So he'll have value.

He just can't expect 10+ mill, because he doesn't bring enough to take that much of the cap up. If he expects that, then the Caps overall team will suffer, and they won't be as good as a team. Unless McMichael turns into McDavid 2.0.

come on man, he's the only guy in the league who's had whole systems developed based on him standing in 1 place. It's not simply because of the shot either. You can move and shoot pretty easily.
It's the legs. He doesn't have them. It's hard to get 250lbs moving. It's why he's been droppign weight. I just checked his weight on here, it's listed 236. That's down 14 pounds from like 2 years ago.
He even knows he has to get leaner to keep moving. He's not some tall player either, he should realistically be like 215-220lbs tops. Look at wilson he's 6'4 and 220. That's why he's so much faster than a player like OV. It's hard to move 240lbs with any kind of speed. That's true in like every sport.
It's fine really. He has his role, he fills it well. But he can't carry a team. Him alone on a team isn't going to go well with no help in getting the puck. There are guys you can put out there that cover ice and can take over and carry a line and team. McDavid can, Matthews can, Barzal can, McKinnon can, even Crosby and Malkin still can. They can carry a line they are all over the ice moving. Even if they aren't the fastest players anymore, like Crosby isn't the fastest guy on the ice by far but he knows what he's doing with the puck. But you have to be able to move. OV can't move well. Great shot, no legs.
In some sense you should be happy about it. Hell you could probably role him out on a power play in a wheelchair at 50 and he'd still net you 25 goals a season standing in the same spot, as long as the other 4 players were willing to do the hustling.
11 mai 2020 à 20 h 50
Typical Caps Fan
Modifié 11 mai 2020 à 20 h 56
come on man, he's the only guy in the league who's had whole systems developed based on him standing in 1 place. It's not simply because of the shot either. You can move and shoot pretty easily.
It's the legs. He doesn't have them. It's hard to get 250lbs moving. It's why he's been droppign weight. I just checked his weight on here, it's listed 236. That's down 14 pounds from like 2 years ago.
He even knows he has to get leaner to keep moving. He's not some tall player either, he should realistically be like 215-220lbs tops. Look at wilson he's 6'4 and 220. That's why he's so much faster than a player like OV. It's hard to move 240lbs with any kind of speed. That's true in like every sport.
It's fine really. He has his role, he fills it well. But he can't carry a team. Him alone on a team isn't going to go well with no help in getting the puck. There are guys you can put out there that cover ice and can take over and carry a line and team. McDavid can, Matthews can, Barzal can, McKinnon can, even Crosby and Malkin still can. They can carry a line they are all over the ice moving. Even if they aren't the fastest players anymore, like Crosby isn't the fastest guy on the ice by far but he knows what he's doing with the puck. But you have to be able to move. OV can't move well. Great shot, no legs.
In some sense you should be happy about it. Hell you could probably role him out on a power play in a wheelchair at 50 and he'd still net you 25 goals a season standing in the same spot, as long as the other 4 players were willing to do the hustling.

I just don't agree with your assessment. Seems more like hating than reality. He's not as slow as you make him out to be. He can still move decently straight line. Like I said, DSP was slow. Ovi is not slow like that. Is he slow compared to McDavid? Well yeah, but McDavid is the fastest skater in the league.

Not everyone has to be as fast as Wilson. Wilson has pretty solid speed overall. Ovi isn't much slower (probably isn't slower) than Carlson, and Carlson weighs less and is taller (maybe the same height?). It's not like Ovi is some fat ass bowling ball.

This is just a really weird convo here man. Ovi isn't fast, on that I agree. But he isn't slow like you're making him out to be. You're just wrong. And when you cite a weight that is quite a bit off (250 vs 235 via hockey reference), it's hard to take you seriously.
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2020 à 21 h 12
Typical Caps Fan
To add to this Ovi isn't as slow as you think: There was a particular play vs Toronto earlier in this season in OT where he skated up behind Marner and backchecked the puck away from him in order to probably save the game. Not as slow as you think.
11 mai 2020 à 21 h 25
Banni
I just don't agree with your assessment. Seems more like hating than reality. He's not as slow as you make him out to be. He can still move decently straight line. Like I said, DSP was slow. Ovi is not slow like that. Is he slow compared to McDavid? Well yeah, but McDavid is the fastest skater in the league.

Not everyone has to be as fast as Wilson. Wilson has pretty solid speed overall. Ovi isn't much slower (probably isn't slower) than Carlson, and Carlson weighs less and is taller (maybe the same height?). It's not like Ovi is some fat ass bowling ball.

This is just a really weird convo here man. Ovi isn't fast, on that I agree. But he isn't slow like you're making him out to be. You're just wrong. And when you cite a weight that is quite a bit off (250 vs 235 via hockey reference), it's hard to take you seriously.

Look at how you break this down. Carlson is a defenseman. They play a 160 foot game and are notably slower than forwards who play 200 foot games and are pretty much slower across the board. There are a few who have wheels, they are rare.
Ov is slow. I would estimate 60-75 percent of hockey speed is within roughly 30-40 feet of the puck. It is not long straight line speed. It's can you get to the board faster than the other player. Can you chip it past him?
Can you beat him from the blueline to the center circle.
No one is running race full length of the ice. That is rare. So this idea of straight line speed is rather meaningless in the sport of hockey. Maybe speed skating it means something. But the NHL is a sprint it's not a distance. It's why the quick guys are always the hardest to guard. It's why guys who are shifty are a pain in the but to cover. It's stop and go. He does not have speed. He's slow. If you put a puck out 30 feet between him and almost any other forward in the league, there are a few others who are rather slow, odds are he loses like every time or takes a penalty.
He is frequently caught from behind as a player. It is rare you catch him on a fast break. That isn't because of the style of game, He cherry picks as he's not a 200 foot player. You can see this even when on the power play. He plays basically the dot to top left to top center. You damn near never catch him below the goal line. He might be the only winger in the whole damn NHL you never rarely see behind the goal line. If that isn't a glaring red flag to you about his foot speed. I don't know what is.
11 mai 2020 à 23 h 35
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
Look at how you break this down. Carlson is a defenseman. They play a 160 foot game and are notably slower than forwards who play 200 foot games and are pretty much slower across the board. There are a few who have wheels, they are rare.
Ov is slow. I would estimate 60-75 percent of hockey speed is within roughly 30-40 feet of the puck. It is not long straight line speed. It's can you get to the board faster than the other player. Can you chip it past him?
Can you beat him from the blueline to the center circle.
No one is running race full length of the ice. That is rare. So this idea of straight line speed is rather meaningless in the sport of hockey. Maybe speed skating it means something. But the NHL is a sprint it's not a distance. It's why the quick guys are always the hardest to guard. It's why guys who are shifty are a pain in the but to cover. It's stop and go. He does not have speed. He's slow. If you put a puck out 30 feet between him and almost any other forward in the league, there are a few others who are rather slow, odds are he loses like every time or takes a penalty.
He is frequently caught from behind as a player. It is rare you catch him on a fast break. That isn't because of the style of game, He cherry picks as he's not a 200 foot player. You can see this even when on the power play. He plays basically the dot to top left to top center. You damn near never catch him below the goal line. He might be the only winger in the whole damn NHL you never rarely see behind the goal line. If that isn't a glaring red flag to you about his foot speed. I don't know what is.

Common sense would tell you that it’s impossible to score 50 goals a year and be “slow”. He’s more lazy than slow and still produces at a ppg average. I get you hate Ovechkin but it’s such a lazy thoughtless take on him that makes you lose a ton of credibility. Normally you have well thought out ideas but when it comes to the capitals you are blinded by hate
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2020 à 1 h 55
Banni
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Common sense would tell you that it’s impossible to score 50 goals a year and be “slow”. He’s more lazy than slow and still produces at a ppg average. I get you hate Ovechkin but it’s such a lazy thoughtless take on him that makes you lose a ton of credibility. Normally you have well thought out ideas but when it comes to the capitals you are blinded by hate

it's definately possible to score 50 goals a year and be "slow"
All you have to do is be fed and shoot and his is and does.
You show me consistant proof of the guy playing a 200 foot game. Honestly you can't.
You never seem him dump and chase and win. Rarely see him below the goal line. They play him almost like a defenseman on the PP. It's not just a system. He doesn't have the legs. The year I see him play a 200 foot game you can make the argument he's not slow. But guys have their game shortened to hide their flaws. Ov has a shot. That's his gift. Caps work around the flaws to use it.
Honestly, I wish they would do something in the all star game or something and put him in a foot race. Not that he would show up for it, because he doesn't go to them. But then we would both not be arguing about it.
12 mai 2020 à 2 h 41
Caps fan idk why
it's definately possible to score 50 goals a year and be "slow"
All you have to do is be fed and shoot and his is and does.
You show me consistant proof of the guy playing a 200 foot game. Honestly you can't.
You never seem him dump and chase and win. Rarely see him below the goal line. They play him almost like a defenseman on the PP. It's not just a system. He doesn't have the legs. The year I see him play a 200 foot game you can make the argument he's not slow. But guys have their game shortened to hide their flaws. Ov has a shot. That's his gift. Caps work around the flaws to use it.
Honestly, I wish they would do something in the all star game or something and put him in a foot race. Not that he would show up for it, because he doesn't go to them. But then we would both not be arguing about it.

Agree to disagree. So basically all ovi does is stand still and people feed him the puck? Lmfao makes sense. 1/3 of his goals are on the PP this year. Where he “stands still” yet teams can’t stop him. Seems like a great gig. He might be the greatest player ever. Imagine never moving and being a top player In the league. Never moving and possibly breaking the All time goal record. Oh he’s normally in the top 10-15 in hits so players must just run into him while he’s standing still haha
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2020 à 3 h 38
Typical Caps Fan
Agree to disagree. So basically all ovi does is stand still and people feed him the puck? Lmfao makes sense. 1/3 of his goals are on the PP this year. Where he “stands still” yet teams can’t stop him. Seems like a great gig. He might be the greatest player ever. Imagine never moving and being a top player In the league. Never moving and possibly breaking the All time goal record. Oh he’s normally in the top 10-15 in hits so players must just run into him while he’s standing still haha

Lmaaao seriously. Players just run into him, must be it since he never moves, ever. He's too slow to move. He gets a lot more even strength goals than PP goals, but he never moves to get them.

This really is a pretty bad take pharrow. So much so I'm wondering if you even watch Ovechkin at all?

Capitalfail is right, Ovi can be lazy. No doubt. That's the main criticism I'd have of him, but he's not even lazy often, occasionally he is. It's just it stands out more when he is because he also works harder than anyone at times. Again, just watch the Carolina series from last year. Ovi gave it ****ing everything he had. 56 Shot attempts, 38 (!) Hits in 7 games.

I mean he was on pace for 130+ hits if they made it through the finals...but yeah he's extremely slow, so they probably just ran into him. 😏

Leading the league in even strength goals for 2019-2020...obviously did it barely moving.
12 mai 2020 à 5 h 26
Banni

how does a guy who has never ever been considered the best player in the game when he played suddenly the best player ever?
No one ever, it's not even mistakable, has said Ov is the best player in the NHL. Crosby has held that distinction for damn near Ov whole career up until the point that McDavid entered the conversation.
So I'm not sure how you get from A -> B there.

You have blinders on, your a caps fan. So it's no surprise. Ov does not skate. Yes clearly you have to move on the ice but the question has never been if he just "stands still" it's that he has no speed.
And that is true. You try to twist something into something it's not. Yeah Ov skates. mainly like 100 feet or so. top of one blue line to the dot on the circle of the other blue line.
You never see him below his own goal digging a puck out, you never see him below the other teams goal digging a puck out. Hell you never see him actually skate a 200 foot game at any time.
Tell me why is that then?
Why can you look at virtually every other forward in the league play that way but 1. Hell in todays game you even have defensemen who venture down to the opponutes goal line as they cycle.

It's not by mistake. He gets stuck down there and he's not catching up. He's slow.
And yes, he is a sniper, that's what he does they do feed him the puck...... a lot. He's a one timer. His sits or floats slowly and waits for his shot. He has no hustle to that game.
So yes, lets agree to disagree. Until you can show me a consistant 200 foot game out the guy.
12 mai 2020 à 8 h 37
Caps fan idk why
how does a guy who has never ever been considered the best player in the game when he played suddenly the best player ever?
No one ever, it's not even mistakable, has said Ov is the best player in the NHL. Crosby has held that distinction for damn near Ov whole career up until the point that McDavid entered the conversation.
So I'm not sure how you get from A -> B there.

You have blinders on, your a caps fan. So it's no surprise. Ov does not skate. Yes clearly you have to move on the ice but the question has never been if he just "stands still" it's that he has no speed.
And that is true. You try to twist something into something it's not. Yeah Ov skates. mainly like 100 feet or so. top of one blue line to the dot on the circle of the other blue line.
You never see him below his own goal digging a puck out, you never see him below the other teams goal digging a puck out. Hell you never see him actually skate a 200 foot game at any time.
Tell me why is that then?
Why can you look at virtually every other forward in the league play that way but 1. Hell in todays game you even have defensemen who venture down to the opponutes goal line as they cycle.

It's not by mistake. He gets stuck down there and he's not catching up. He's slow.
And yes, he is a sniper, that's what he does they do feed him the puck...... a lot. He's a one timer. His sits or floats slowly and waits for his shot. He has no hustle to that game.
So yes, lets agree to disagree. Until you can show me a consistant 200 foot game out the guy.

Im going to stop at that 1st sentence. How does 1 win 3 Harts 3 Lester B and has a Calder but never since entering the league has never been considered the best player at anytime. Bud this isn’t your fight. It’sb becoming embarrassing. I actually have no interest in what you have to say about Ovi bc it’s just idiotic ramblings. Lester B is literally players voting for who they feel is the best player? Good talk my man jk normally you have some intelligent comments but you lost a ton of credibility with me here. Terrible takes with little thought behind them
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2020 à 8 h 43
Caps fan idk why
Modifié 12 mai 2020 à 8 h 50
Lmaaao seriously. Players just run into him, must be it since he never moves, ever. He's too slow to move. He gets a lot more even strength goals than PP goals, but he never moves to get them.

This really is a pretty bad take pharrow. So much so I'm wondering if you even watch Ovechkin at all?

Capitalfail is right, Ovi can be lazy. No doubt. That's the main criticism I'd have of him, but he's not even lazy often, occasionally he is. It's just it stands out more when he is because he also works harder than anyone at times. Again, just watch the Carolina series from last year. Ovi gave it ****ing everything he had. 56 Shot attempts, 38 (!) Hits in 7 games.

I mean he was on pace for 130+ hits if they made it through the finals...but yeah he's extremely slow, so they probably just ran into him. 😏

Leading the league in even strength goals for 2019-2020...obviously did it barely moving.

Yeah imagine thinking a guy can score 90 points and 50+ goals in the best league in the world being “slow”. Seriously like do you know how hard it is just to get open in the nhl let alone to be able to get a shot on net? Ovechkin is a top line winger and he’s slow lmfao. Chalk it up to him being Russian and move on look at Malkin also consisted lazy AF ABs takes dumb penalties. Russians are a beautiful thing but frustrating.

Reading more. Winger that doesn’t play a 200 foot game? Also doesn’t go below the goal line? Really? If a winger is behind the net in the D zone isn’t he out of position ? 100-130 foot game Is basically all you can ask from a winger. A center is basically a 3rd d man not a winger. Not my job to teach others basic hockey knowledge. No my pig not my farm
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2020 à 11 h 39
Typical Caps Fan
Yeah imagine thinking a guy can score 90 points and 50+ goals in the best league in the world being “slow”. Seriously like do you know how hard it is just to get open in the nhl let alone to be able to get a shot on net? Ovechkin is a top line winger and he’s slow lmfao. Chalk it up to him being Russian and move on look at Malkin also consisted lazy AF ABs takes dumb penalties. Russians are a beautiful thing but frustrating.

Reading more. Winger that doesn’t play a 200 foot game? Also doesn’t go below the goal line? Really? If a winger is behind the net in the D zone isn’t he out of position ? 100-130 foot game Is basically all you can ask from a winger. A center is basically a 3rd d man not a winger. Not my job to teach others basic hockey knowledge. No my pig not my farm

Just imagine how good Ovi would be if he wasn't the slowest winger of all time? 200 point seasons in his early years, over 100 being goals. Shame.
12 mai 2020 à 14 h 51
Caps fan idk why
Just imagine how good Ovi would be if he wasn't the slowest winger of all time? 200 point seasons in his early years, over 100 being goals. Shame.

Yeah it’s crazy to think what he could do if he ever moved his feet. The league must made a rule that allows him to be offsides at all time. I love the false narratives. He’s never been considered a top player in the league but he has what 8! Rockets and multiple MVPs.
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2020 à 16 h 0
Banni
Im going to stop at that 1st sentence. How does 1 win 3 Harts 3 Lester B and has a Calder but never since entering the league has never been considered the best player at anytime. Bud this isn’t your fight. It’sb becoming embarrassing. I actually have no interest in what you have to say about Ovi bc it’s just idiotic ramblings. Lester B is literally players voting for who they feel is the best player? Good talk my man jk normally you have some intelligent comments but you lost a ton of credibility with me here. Terrible takes with little thought behind them

come on, who is fooling who. He's lived in Crosby's shadow his whole career. It's not even worth arguing that.
Now Crosby and McDavid battle it out over who's shadow he lives in.
It is what it is.
12 mai 2020 à 16 h 31
Caps fan idk why
come on, who is fooling who. He's lived in Crosby's shadow his whole career. It's not even worth arguing that.
Now Crosby and McDavid battle it out over who's shadow he lives in.
It is what it is.

not arguing that Crosby is the better player but Ovechkin was a dominate player and still is. he considered one of the best players in the NHL today. hes been a top 3 player in the league for the last decade plus. main point is that you aren't giving enough credit where its due. hes elite even by today standards. I think you confuse the word slow and lazy and have a generic/ bias take on Ovechkin. hes frustrating to watch bc the effort isn't always there but that's more lazy than overall slow. you really cant score 50 goals by being slow hes above average speed far from McDavid but way faster than your average nhler. I think rmnb has a link to all his goals this yeari think you will be surprised by how many are him actually moving ha. either way agree to disagree

also side note.....Ovechkin is one of the most loved and respected players in the nhl….he lives in no one shadow. arguably the greatest goalscorer of all time. dude shines and creates shadows
12 mai 2020 à 16 h 51
Typical Caps Fan
Is pharrow a Pittsburgh fan? Sure does talk like one.
12 mai 2020 à 17 h 4
Banni
not arguing that Crosby is the better player but Ovechkin was a dominate player and still is. he considered one of the best players in the NHL today. hes been a top 3 player in the league for the last decade plus. main point is that you aren't giving enough credit where its due. hes elite even by today standards. I think you confuse the word slow and lazy and have a generic/ bias take on Ovechkin. hes frustrating to watch bc the effort isn't always there but that's more lazy than overall slow. you really cant score 50 goals by being slow hes above average speed far from McDavid but way faster than your average nhler. I think rmnb has a link to all his goals this yeari think you will be surprised by how many are him actually moving ha. either way agree to disagree

also side note.....Ovechkin is one of the most loved and respected players in the nhl….he lives in no one shadow. arguably the greatest goalscorer of all time. dude shines and creates shadows

no one is arguing that Ov wasn't and isn't a great player. That has never been the point. I don't know where you get this.
You can be a great player and slow. F Chara was a great player and he was and is a statue.
The fact is you want to sit here and claim a guy who is 35 years old, doesn't skate, doesn't play a 200 foot game, isn't slow.
I don't know why you make it into more than what the point is.
It doesn't prove you "right" to go on some tanget about how great Ov is. It doesn't mean he's not slow in todays standard of game speed.
12 mai 2020 à 17 h 8
Caps fan idk why
no one is arguing that Ov wasn't and isn't a great player. That has never been the point. I don't know where you get this.
You can be a great player and slow. F Chara was a great player and he was and is a statue.
The fact is you want to sit here and claim a guy who is 35 years old, doesn't skate, doesn't play a 200 foot game, isn't slow.
I don't know why you make it into more than what the point is.
It doesn't prove you "right" to go on some tanget about how great Ov is. It doesn't mean he's not slow in todays standard of game speed.

its honestly not worth arguing further. just seems like a lazy take that's all. a top line winger … a top 5 winger in the NHL is considered slow. yikes. again you cant be slow and be great in todays nhl its just facts. it would be impossible for him to compete with the other top line players. either way to each there own.
12 mai 2020 à 17 h 11
Caps fan idk why
Is pharrow a Pittsburgh fan? Sure does talk like one.

yes! he is but normally hes pretty informative . this is a bad example of his hockey knowledge. hes just too Pittsburgh bias to give an intelligent analysis on Ovechkin.
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage