Adding some toughness and addressing the Defense

Créé par: LeafsFan88
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 9 mai 2020
Publié: 9 mai 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
TRADES:
- The LA Kings are looking to get a LHD and get younger. Leafs are looking for a top 4 RHD to pair with Rielly. We all know the Kings and Leafs have a strong recent trade history and they could again be trade partners this offseason. Matt Roy is very similar to Dylan Demelo analytically, and would provide great value at just $700,000.

- I dont think the Leafs need to trade Justin Holl, but if an opportunity arrives where the Leafs have found a good partner for Rielly and have the cap space to upgarde over Holl, I think they should take advantage of that opportunity.

-Im not exactly sure what the value of Kerfoot is right now, but I know Winnipeg is pretty weak down the middle apart from Scheifele.

- The Leafs are probably going to trade Johnsson in the offseason, and I would like to see them give Sam Bennett a shot as a 3C. I think if he plays with guys like Kapanen and Robertson, that could help him unlock some of that offensive potential he has. Its a low risk acquisition for the Leafs that could have some nice upside. Bennett under performed when you look at his GF/60 compared to his to xGF/60 and I think putting him with Robertson and Kapanen would help him improve his GF/60.

SIGNINGS:
- Dylan Demelo is a great option for the Leafs this offseason and is a defense first guy who is good at limiting quality scoring chances against, not letting opponents get to the net easily, good gap control, and is good at making a good first breakout pass and letting the forwards do the rest.

-Mikheyev signs a cheap 1 year deal as a prove yourself deal.

- Leafs need cheap depth options in their bottom six, and thats exactly what Spezza is. Spezza was great for the Leafs this season as the 4C and there's no reason to not bring him back considering he wants to win a cup with the Leafs and isn't in it for the money.

- Gauthier is a healthy scratch at league minimum. He'll see ice time when Spezza needs a night off on back to backs.

- I'm fine with re-signing Clifford to a reasonable contract and giving up a second round pick instead of a third, as long as the Leafs are able to recoup some of those lost draft picks in previous trades.

- Signing Martin to league minimum or close to it would be a smart move by the Leafs. He's a good locker room presence, adds some toughness which the Leafs need, and he would create some competition at training camp for the rookies Barabanov and Robertson.

OTHER NOTES:
- If the Leafs keep their defense intact after the trade deadline, Seattle will likely take one of the defensemen the Leafs were unable to protect in the expansion draft which would allow Liljegren to take that defensemens spot on the everyday roster. If for whatever reason Seattle does not take a dman from the Leafs, one of those dmen would likely get traded to make room for Liljegren.

- I wanted to put Engvall on the team, but considering how he finished the season I think its best if he spends some more time in the AHL at the start of next year and then go from there.

- If Tavares or Matthews gets hurt next season *Knocks on wood* then I would like to see Willy as the 2C instead of Spezza or Bennett. I think a Willy/Marner duo could be fun.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1700 000 $
11 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1700 000 $
2900 000 $
1700 000 $
43 500 000 $
Transactions
LAK
  1. Bracco, Jeremy [Droits de RFA]
  2. Dermott, Travis [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (WSH)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (WSH)
TOR
  1. Bennett, Sam
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
If Johnsson records at least 40 points, the 2021 3rd round pick becomes a 2021 2nd round pick
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de WPG
Logo de CGY
Logo de WSH
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de WSH
Logo de TOR
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $80 371 450 $0 $0 $1 128 550 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
821 667 $821 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
Logo de Flames de Calgary
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 mai 2020 à 16 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 342
Consistency is good. You consistently fleeced other teams with one sided deals.
MatthewsDynasty a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2020 à 16 h 59
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 192
Not to bad but I don't think Johnsson is getting bennet and a 2nd
Probably bennet and a 3rd
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 2
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Quoting: gmurrayt
Consistency is good. You consistently fleeced other teams with one sided deals.

I don't see any teams getting fleeced... unless he changed it.

In fact I think a few of these trades Toronto gives up more value. (Kerfoot + Holl trades)

Also Toronto loses their 2nd next year if they sign Clifford.
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 126
fastest NO from Calgary
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 3
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,289
Quoting: matthewthegreat

Accurate but Flames also have no use for Johnsson and Bennett is a solid 3rd line guy with great poat season numbers
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 9
Not enough characte
Mentions "j'aime": 19
I like the idea for what you’re doing, but I absolutely love the Holl/Muzzin pairing, so I’d rather keep him and not get Roy, can ship Dermott and Mango out in separate trades, preferably sending either one of them to Calgary to get Bennett. This keeps Bracco for a deadline deal if need be. I like the framed work for the Kerfoot trade. If we actually keep Holl, I think he’d be the most likely to be picked by Seattle, therefore giving Lilly a shot at the big club like you said. Also, thank you for bringing in Martin, I’d love to see him back in Toronto.
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Accurate but Flames also have no use for Johnsson and Bennett is a solid 3rd line guy with great poat season numbers

Flames dont have a great 3rd line thats where Johnsson would help them out and apparently Calgary is looking to move Bennett
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
lol, toughness
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Shesterkin_next_GOAT
fastest NO from Calgary

Do you think Calgary says yes if its a 3rd round pick instead of a 2nd? I wasnt sure what pick to include, but i think the pick would probably have a condition on it considering Johnsson had an injury riddled season and will be coming back from surgery
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: matthewthegreat

Now that I think about it more the pick would be a conditional 3rd like maybe if Johnsson gets 40 points it becomes a 2nd, if not it stays a 3rd?
MatthewsDynasty a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 126
pick
Quoting: LeafsFan88
Do you think Calgary says yes if its a 3rd round pick instead of a 2nd? I wasnt sure what pick to include, but i think the pick would probably have a condition on it considering Johnsson had an injury riddled season and will be coming back from surgery

johnsson = 3rd round pick
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: kams
I like the idea for what you’re doing, but I absolutely love the Holl/Muzzin pairing, so I’d rather keep him and not get Roy, can ship Dermott and Mango out in separate trades, preferably sending either one of them to Calgary to get Bennett. This keeps Bracco for a deadline deal if need be. I like the framed work for the Kerfoot trade. If we actually keep Holl, I think he’d be the most likely to be picked by Seattle, therefore giving Lilly a shot at the big club like you said. Also, thank you for bringing in Martin, I’d love to see him back in Toronto.

I loved the Holl/Muzzin pairing too and I would be totally fine if the Leafs kept him, but with that much cap space in my arm chair I just thought why not. I wonder if the Roy trade could be a deadline move if Holl or someone else struggles. A top 4 of Muzzin, Holl, Rielly, Demelo would be amazing.
kams a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 49
Flames dont have a great 3rd line thats where Johnsson would help them out and apparently Calgary is looking to move Bennett

there is literally zero accuracy to this statement. Calgary's 3rd line was arguably their best line this year
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Shesterkin_next_GOAT
pick

johnsson = 3rd round pick

Johnsson by himself is worth more than a 3rd round pick
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 52
Démarrer sujet
there is literally zero accuracy to this statement. Calgary's 3rd line was arguably their best line this year

Lucic, Ryan, and Dube is a good 3rd line? Dont tell me those guys are better than Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, Lindholm etc
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 53
MisstheWhalers
Mentions "j'aime": 12,303
Johnsson by himself is worth more than a 3rd round pick

No he's probably not, a 3rd seems right.
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 58
MisstheWhalers
Mentions "j'aime": 12,303
Of all the Leafs ACGMs on here this is one of the better ones, definitely not getting a 2nd and Bennett for Johnsson though, not sure if the Caps are really a fit for Holl either but there's likely a team that'd give that return or one similar for him.
LeafsFan88 a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2020 à 17 h 59
Lucic, Ryan, and Dube is a good 3rd line? Dont tell me those guys are better than Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, Lindholm etc

Saying names vs watching the games and seeing what they actually did are 2 different things. A significant portion of on ice pressure and zone control happened from that 3rd line. After a very disappointing season that line was a surprising sign of hope. They drew lots of penalties gained zone control for offensive face offs and applied tones of pressure to some of the opponents top lines. In theory they should not have been that good but they were.
9 mai 2020 à 18 h 13
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
In what sense is Dermott an improvement on Roy? And even if he is, and Los Angeles takes the deal (which I highly doubt), it doesn't make sense once you have Roy to turn around and trade Holl away. Depth is a good thing.
10 mai 2020 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Of all the Leafs ACGMs on here this is one of the better ones, definitely not getting a 2nd and Bennett for Johnsson though, not sure if the Caps are really a fit for Holl either but there's likely a team that'd give that return or one similar for him.

I agree i do think the 2nd seems a bit much i would probably make it a conditional 3rd, and i picked the caps for Holl because Dillon and Gudas are UFAs and they will be looking for a dman on the right side because they only have Carlson and Jensen on the right and they have siegenthaler, Orlov and Kempny on the left
10 mai 2020 à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
In what sense is Dermott an improvement on Roy? And even if he is, and Los Angeles takes the deal (which I highly doubt), it doesn't make sense once you have Roy to turn around and trade Holl away. Depth is a good thing.

Roy is a clear upgrade on Dermott and the Leafs still have some depth with Rosen, Liljegren, and Marincin to call up. Marincin obviously isnt an ideal call up but Rosen and Liljegren can play third pairing minutes and the Leafs could sign another player to an AHL deal for more depth
10 mai 2020 à 19 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Saying names vs watching the games and seeing what they actually did are 2 different things. A significant portion of on ice pressure and zone control happened from that 3rd line. After a very disappointing season that line was a surprising sign of hope. They drew lots of penalties gained zone control for offensive face offs and applied tones of pressure to some of the opponents top lines. In theory they should not have been that good but they were.

Im not saying they were bad im saying that they definitely werent better than the Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm and Mangiapane-Backlund-Tkachuk lines. Calgary was looking for depth scoring at the deadline and they didnt get any. theyre also looking to move Sam Bennett and considering the leafs have a lot of depth scoring and lack toughness I think Calgary and Toronto would be good trade partners
10 mai 2020 à 19 h 40
Im not saying they were bad im saying that they definitely werent better than the Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm and Mangiapane-Backlund-Tkachuk lines. Calgary was looking for depth scoring at the deadline and they didnt get any. theyre also looking to move Sam Bennett and considering the leafs have a lot of depth scoring and lack toughness I think Calgary and Toronto would be good trade partners

Do you have a link saying they are trying to move Bennett, I haven't seen anything like that. Flames 3rd line was better for what they were expected to do this season when compared to the 1st line which was for the most point underwhelming
12 mai 2020 à 22 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Do you have a link saying they are trying to move Bennett, I haven't seen anything like that. Flames 3rd line was better for what they were expected to do this season when compared to the 1st line which was for the most point underwhelming

http://www.nhltradetalk.com/flames-no-longer-trading-t-j-brodie-plus-sam-bennett-news/

I do agree that the Flames top lines did underperform compared to last year and I think that Ryan and Lucic had better seasons than anticipated
12 mai 2020 à 22 h 34
http://www.nhltradetalk.com/flames-no-longer-trading-t-j-brodie-plus-sam-bennett-news/

I do agree that the Flames top lines did underperform compared to last year and I think that Ryan and Lucic had better seasons than anticipated

"Dreger said Bennett’s name has been out there for a long time and while the Flames aren’t shopping him nor are they keenly interested in moving him"

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage