SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Who is the next coach of the Wild

2 mai 2020 à 16 h 52
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
I didn't like seeing Bruce get canned but Dean hasn't been bad. That said Dean is Fenton's guy not Billy's. Billy will want his own guy.
I've heard names like Gallant, Doug Weight, and Scott Sandelin. All of coarse speculation I'm sure Guerin will be real quiet about what he wants.
As fans who do you want to see coaching the Wild in 20/21.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2020 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Tough to say right now with the season on hold.

If the season resumes I see it as Evason's job to lose. The players seem to have responded well to him and they will have basically the same team next season. If they make the Playoffs and make some noise it'll be hard to give him the job. If they play like they did the first 8 games of the season then he's gone and the coach search starts. I wouldn't mind Evason getting a chance next year with his own staff in place.

All I know is the Wild need a better PP coach.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2020 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
I liked Evason a lot. We were carrying the puck instead of dumping and chasing with Dean's system and it's pretty tried and true that carrying the puck leads to more scoring chances. Obviously you can't carry the puck every single transition, but having that emphasis over the dump and chase is a good thing IMO. Maybe I just prefer the new-school hockey in general, but I thought Evason was doing a good job and why fix something that isn't broken.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2020 à 13 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
Quoting: TanSor
I liked Evason a lot. We were carrying the puck instead of dumping and chasing with Dean's system and it's pretty tried and true that carrying the puck leads to more scoring chances. Obviously you can't carry the puck every single transition, but having that emphasis over the dump and chase is a good thing IMO. Maybe I just prefer the new-school hockey in general, but I thought Evason was doing a good job and why fix something that isn't broken.

I remember people asking why the Wild always dumped and chased. The response was always the same, "we are to old and slow to do anything else."
I assume that was because Bruce liked to rely on veterans and Dean is willing to let the young guys play a bit more.
I agree watching the team under Dean was more exciting.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2020 à 13 h 20
Quoting: TanSor

I actually thought the Wild did more dump and chase in transition under Evason than BB. They just did it much better with more flow. Not the guys standing at the blueline waiting for it to be dumped in but carrying speed so they could get to the puck. Fiala carried about as much as Zucc (and Zucker) did but was just so much better at it. Well Donato did turn the 4th line into a 1-man show at times too.
OutCold13 et JayTea a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2020 à 11 h 43
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
I keep hearing Gallant is a candidate and I don't get the appeal of Gallant. Florida underachieved. Vegas overachieved on Fleury's .927 save percent in the playoffs.

I liked what little I saw of Evason, so I'd say give him a chance.
18 mai 2020 à 12 h 42
Quoting: JayTea
I keep hearing Gallant is a candidate and I don't get the appeal of Gallant. Florida underachieved. Vegas overachieved on Fleury's .927 save percent in the playoffs.

I liked what little I saw of Evason, so I'd say give him a chance.

I don't think FLA underachieved. They've had a lot of good pieces, but they were very young. 91p and 103p in his 2 full seasons.

Vegas finished 1st in their Division in their very first season with a good but not great team, they overachieved all season. Its not like this was a fringe Playoff team that rode a hot goalie. I mean you put Yeo as the coach of that team and none of that would have happened (imo).

I think Gallant would be the "sexy" coaching hire for MN, but that's not always the best thing.
18 mai 2020 à 13 h 0
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
Quoting: wabit
I don't think FLA underachieved. They've had a lot of good pieces, but they were very young. 91p and 103p in his 2 full seasons.

Vegas finished 1st in their Division in their very first season with a good but not great team, they overachieved all season. Its not like this was a fringe Playoff team that rode a hot goalie. I mean you put Yeo as the coach of that team and none of that would have happened (imo).

I think Gallant would be the "sexy" coaching hire for MN, but that's not always the best thing.

Vegas had a great regular season, but people bring up Gallant's run with them to the Cup finals as proof he's a great coach when he rode Fleury's solid playoff run there. Not saying he's a bad coach, just saying he isn't some surefire winner like people make him sound.
22 juin 2020 à 1 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6
I for one would be in favor of going back with Evason for 2020-2021, I think the team really seemed to like him, and they started to play more of an offensive and up-tempo game, which the Wild have lacked for the last few seasons. While Evason wasn't "Guerin's guy" per say, I think it would be good to maybe go out of the box a little bit and give Evason another year to show what he can do as an NHL head coach. Plus, his history with Fiala is another plus.
OutCold13 et TanSor a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage