SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

St. Louis Blues signed Mackenzie MacEachern (2 Years / $900,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

17 avr. 2020 à 14 h 29
Mackenzie MacEachern has signed a new contract with the St. Louis Blues.
Contrat standard (prolongation)
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Doug Armstrong
Durée: 2 ans
Valeur: 1 800 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: UFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 1,10
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Blues de St-LouisBlues de St-Louis
Date de signature: 17 avr. 2020
Source: CapFriendly

Mackenzie MacEachern a signé un contrat de 2 ans d'une valeur de 1 800 000 $ avec les Blues de St-Louis, le 17 avr. 2020. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 900 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2020-21900 000 $900 000 $0 $0 $900 000 $900 000 $900 000 $
2021-22900 000 $900 000 $0 $0 $900 000 $900 000 $900 000 $
TOTAL1 800 000 $1 800 000 $0 $0 $1 800 000 $1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
17 avr. 2020 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 993
Unlike some guys on this site, I really appreciate what Armstrong is doing here. If Petro wants to explore UFA, then he wants to explore UFA. Respond by prioritizing role players and getting as much good depth as possible. Contrary to his haters, I can attest as a long-time Canes fan that Faulk is a good 2nd-pairing guy even with his occasional gaffes and slumps. Scandella is also a good role player when not hamstrung by Buffalo's incompetence. Blais and MacEachern are good and cost-controlled bottom-6ers. All of them add something to the team if Petro really wants to cash in post-Cup ring, which he has every single right to do.
MadLin27 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2020 à 15 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Quoting: Hockyluv21
Unlike some guys on this site, I really appreciate what Armstrong is doing here. If Petro wants to explore UFA, then he wants to explore UFA. Respond by prioritizing role players and getting as much good depth as possible. Contrary to his haters, I can attest as a long-time Canes fan that Faulk is a good 2nd-pairing guy even with his occasional gaffes and slumps. Scandella is also a good role player when not hamstrung by Buffalo's incompetence. Blais and MacEachern are good and cost-controlled bottom-6ers. All of them add something to the team if Petro really wants to cash in post-Cup ring, which he has every single right to do.

I think the big mistake was the Faulk trade and signing him for so much. There's a reason why Carolina immediately tried to trade him after hearing how much money he wanted. If they didn't sign Faulk they'd have the money to compete to sign Petro.

Nothing terribly wrong with the other signings. Slight overpay on Scandella and I think they could have waited so they didn't have to send the conditional pick over to Montreal though.
17 avr. 2020 à 15 h 45
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 993
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
I think the big mistake was the Faulk trade and signing him for so much. There's a reason why Carolina immediately tried to trade him after hearing how much money he wanted. If they didn't sign Faulk they'd have the money to compete to sign Petro.

Nothing terribly wrong with the other signings. Slight overpay on Scandella and I think they could have waited so they didn't have to send the conditional pick over to Montreal though.

I don't agree with the logic that the Faulk trade was a mistake. It's very, very possible that St. Louis didn't want another Columbus-like situation that left their team barren of draft capital AND star players. Columbus, as a team, has done a phenomenal job of recovering so quickly from that, but that was certainly detrimental to their club, no question about it. Armstrong, instead, prioritized maintaining the depth on the team.
17 avr. 2020 à 17 h 12
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
I don't get this signing.
I mean, he's what 26, peaks at a 4th liner. Yeah yeah yeah, I know you need 4th liners. But come on. They got youth they have been sitting on. You got Stevens and Kolston just wasting away down there.
Why bother with this. At 26 he's going no where, move him along and replace his roster spot with someone younger.
17 avr. 2020 à 18 h 8
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
One of the breakouts of this season.
17 avr. 2020 à 20 h 45
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,963
Quoting: pharrow
I don't get this signing.
I mean, he's what 26, peaks at a 4th liner. Yeah yeah yeah, I know you need 4th liners. But come on. They got youth they have been sitting on. You got Stevens and Kolston just wasting away down there.
Why bother with this. At 26 he's going no where, move him along and replace his roster spot with someone younger.

Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
One of the breakouts of this season.

One person says hes going nowhere, the other says he has broken out. Lol. Based on the other comments I'm going to assume he is a pretty important piece to the fourth line.
17 avr. 2020 à 21 h 38
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Quoting: Wqrrior
One person says hes going nowhere, the other says he has broken out. Lol. Based on the other comments I'm going to assume he is a pretty important piece to the fourth line.

Well I thought he was a bust prospect before the season so the fact he made at all is impressive.
17 avr. 2020 à 22 h 5
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320

I'd call him a 13th F / tweener, but his impacts were actually pretty good this year. @pharrow has a point that there are younger guys with real upside trying to break through, but the Blues operate pretty conservatively when it comes to development, and they like a guy like Mac^2 who can play a role and be a frequent scratch. As soon as a Kostin or Stevens or Alexandrov is ready for a ull time spot, Mac would probably go unclaimed back to the American league. I expect the same thing with De La Rose.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2020 à 11 h 36
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,577

AwesomeMatthews' sole function on this site is to make sardonic or sarcastic comments in the Forums, usually the Signings. Check out his Profile, and be sure to check out the voluminous listing of his team constructions.
18 avr. 2020 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
God damn, 2 years? That's a very good deal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage